nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

what does it mean when i can hear my mate who is standing next to me, but we cant hear each other over the radio, We just hear the tone but not voice comes over

The official API are out for Discord. Any chance we will see TFAR for Discord in the near future? :)

Im trying to run TFR on one of my servers and i keep coming across a problem with TFR not staying connected. Upon joining the server the TFR Status will show Connected Y Playing Y. After about 20 seconds, you will hear a beep, and the status will change to Connected Y Playing N. During this same time, it will auto move you to the TFR channel (when the status is Playing Y), but then move you back to the channel you came from when the status changes to Playing N.

During further testing, a player can key up the radio and talk and it comes through normal through teamspeak, but doesn't show they are talking in game. I have tried reinstalling everything to the client side and server side multiple times with no luck.

• Like 1

Im trying to run TFR on one of my servers and i keep coming across a problem with TFR not staying connected. Upon joining the server the TFR Status will show Connected Y Playing Y. After about 20 seconds, you will hear a beep, and the status will change to Connected Y Playing N. During this same time, it will auto move you to the TFR channel (when the status is Playing Y), but then move you back to the channel you came from when the status changes to Playing N.

During further testing, a player can key up the radio and talk and it comes through normal through teamspeak, but doesn't show they are talking in game. I have tried reinstalling everything to the client side and server side multiple times with no luck.

My issue is the same..still no answer for it.

The only map this happens on is Kunduz for me..Altis,Stratis,Diyala all work fine..Tried everything you have and still cant get the issue resolved.

Diesel

• Like 1

My issue is the same..still no answer for it.

The only map this happens on is Kunduz for me..Altis,Stratis,Diyala all work fine..Tried everything you have and still cant get the issue resolved.

Diesel

Are you running BMR Insurgency? Im having the problem on Altis.

Are you running BMR Insurgency? Im having the problem on Altis.

I run the BMR on Altis and Stratis but both work fine..its just Kunduz for some reason..its really weird. If I test an edited mission in MP its fine..the minute I put it on the server it doesn't work with Kunduz again.

Screenshot of my TFR settings in the editor.

3c4502aba8824115bc37636c6631d573_zpsmqza

This was happening to me when i was using it with the exile mod, the only way i could get it to stop doing thay was to downgrade my CBA, after then it worked just fine. 

Hi,

Any plan to support the new spectator mode from bohemia?

That is, when a player is spectating, he also hears the same things the spectate target is saying and hearing. That way you can have a better idea of what is going on around him. Should also still hear stuff around your player if he's still alive, at least as an option (toggle-able by script), so that in round-based game modes you can talk to others who also wait for the next round to start, while also hearing what's going on with the player on which you set your spectator.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Having an issue with the Radio and the TS channel..only on Kunduz it seems..I have the enforce usage Module down.TS Channel named correctly and password is named correctly,when I enter the game it kicks me to the TFR channel as it should but then after a few seconds it kicks me back out of the TFR channel. I have Stratis set up the exact same way and it works perfect in there no issues at all. Anyone having any issues like this in other Maps?

Diesel

Could you check client arma logs for errors?

Hi, Alright scrap them last 2 questsions. I got it to work on exile but now im faced with a new problem, my team speak client log is giving me the error of 

task_force_radio	Info	can't center client : invalid clientID	

I also cant hear my friend when he talks, and he cant he me when i talk. did i do something wrong?

Is radio works for your friend? Any errors on your client RPT?

Is there a way to have two radios in a vehicle? i am trying to make a command vehicle that has 2-3 radios if possible

Not possible at the moment (only to have 1 in backpack).

On Arma 3 1.62 RC the menu gets wonky because TFR adds stuff to the menu. This should be removed or adjusted before Apex launches July 11th if anybody is around to work on it.

Will check, probably it is related to CBA.

The official API are out for Discord. Any chance we will see TFAR for Discord in the near future? :)

Looks like API not providers required features yet.

Looks like issues with moving out of channel is related to CBA update. WIll check.

• Like 1

I looked through the rpt for client but didn't see anything about TFR.

I also checked the log for the server and didn't see anything.

It was happening before the latest CBA update as well so not sure its related or not. Although my CBA shows up red for everyone now in the list in the lobby.

Diesel

EDIT so I just loaded Altis as well to test it and same thing..get booted out of the channel then back in.

My Client logs are here http://pastebin.com/XiwLzzY2

The one thing i saw was 

23:50:09 Unable to get file version size: E:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@task_force_radio\task_force_radio_pipe.dll

I looked through the rpt for client but didn't see anything about TFR.

I also checked the log for the server and didn't see anything.

It was happening before the latest CBA update as well so not sure its related or not. Although my CBA shows up red for everyone now in the list in the lobby.

Diesel

EDIT so I just loaded Altis as well to test it and same thing..get booted out of the channel then back in.

My Client logs are here http://pastebin.com/XiwLzzY2

The one thing i saw was 

23:50:09 Unable to get file version size: E:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@task_force_radio\task_force_radio_pipe.dll

Could you please try with CBA and TFAR only? 

Also, it is works on local server for you?

I can see lot  of such lines in log: 

23:53:48 "Adam/BIS_fnc_log: [BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler] Stack as been updated with ID (CBA_PFH) for Event (onEachFrame) executing Function (cba_common_fnc_onFrame), Replaced: (true)"

It is source of the problem. Someshow BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler is breaked. Need to find which mode/mission causes it.

I have tried CBA & TFAR only and still get the same, as before

tried local hosting, still the same

Maybe this can help out. The teamspeak i'm connected to is 3.0.12.4 - and my client is 3.0.19.1

CBA Version is Community Base Addons v1.20

TFAR Version is Task Force Arrowhead Radio 0.9.8

Nkey, is there any way for a particular player to change their Direct Chat voice volume only using userconfig variables?
One of our unit members would like to change his default Direct voice volumes so that he can hear it better and normalize it with his other sounds while recording. 
We are using TFAR 0.9.8 and teh current ACE build.
Yes, we are aware that ACE lowers sound due to earplugs and earmuffs on helmets.  He would like to raise his default for direct voice only to offset this.

I have tried CBA & TFAR only and still get the same, as before

tried local hosting, still the same

Maybe this can help out. The teamspeak i'm connected to is 3.0.12.4 - and my client is 3.0.19.1

CBA Version is Community Base Addons v1.20

TFAR Version is Task Force Arrowhead Radio 0.9.8

Please check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/1070#issuecomment-227017770

Nkey, is there any way for a particular player to change their Direct Chat voice volume only using userconfig variables?

One of our unit members would like to change his default Direct voice volumes so that he can hear it better and normalize it with his other sounds while recording. 

We are using TFAR 0.9.8 and teh current ACE build.

Yes, we are aware that ACE lowers sound due to earplugs and earmuffs on helmets.  He would like to raise his default for direct voice only to offset this.

Nope, not possible....  :(

Nope, not possible....   :(

Crap, :(  Thanks.

So, if we wanted to raise the default voice volume for direct talking on the whole server then,  what would I need to do and where?  I assume using the API variable with a higher value in the mission INIT.sqf file? Or would it go into the mission.sqf file itself?

What would be he proper format and placement, if you don't mind?

When placing Tfar modules on 3d editor an error appear saying author is not a value

When placing Tfar modules on 3d editor an error appear saying author is not a value

This is a common "bug" atm since BI changed some config stuff. (Not a Modder here xD) While it is annoying it s not harmful though. (Just ignore it, many moder have to update the mod in these regards since 1.60)