nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hello, having a bit of a problem running TS on our server.

Some people get an error where the Teamspeak 3 female voice spams "error" repeatedly.  

However, this does not happen for everyone.  

Have confirmed they have the most up to date TFAR & plugins. 

Is it possible to use a script to disable underwater transceiver functionality even when wearing a rebreather?

Looks like no. But possible to make small addon to override some functions

Does the creator of this mod ever plan on updating it anytime soon? We could really use it right now

Yes, I have such plan but have no any ETA on it... But I will make any fixes required to keep mod worked with updates of Arma/TS as fast as possible.

No dont think so. Last night it didnt happen at all. The squad leaders were different to last time so it seems to affect some players more than others.

Hm... Maybe it is somehow related to spam control in TS? (it prevent to N people to talk at the same time).

Does TFAR have plans for being able to hear dead people in spectator? I've noticed with the vanilla spectators and custom ones like ACE and F3 Framework that you cannot hear those alive with 3d positional audio.

Many in my unit are having issues with TFAR where they can hear (seemingly random) people in the channel, even though everyone has TFAR connected and are talking in game just fine to the others. Talked to another unit and they have the same issue.

Is there a way to script it so that people who don't have TFR active and connected to a teamspeak are detected? I'd like to make them see a black screen with instructions on what teamspeak to join.

Hello, having a bit of a problem running TS on our server.

Some people get an error where the Teamspeak 3 female voice spams "error" repeatedly.  

However, this does not happen for everyone.  

Have confirmed they have the most up to date TFAR & plugins.

Click "Edit Virtual Server" and go to the "anti flood" tab and change "reduced points per tick" from 5 to 150

How does the radio_settings.hpp variables work? I've added the following lines in order to set default radios to be used, but it won't work.

TF_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";
TF_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_rt1523g_fabric";

How does the radio_settings.hpp variables work? I've added the following lines in order to set default radios to be used, but it won't work.

You have to set these at the start of the mission in a mission script, for example at the top of the init.sqf or in a preInit-function.

• Like 1

Is there a way to prompt the teamspeak channel switch with an .sqf script? I'm trying to make players switch the channel upon death.

I was thinking I could just overwrite tf_radio_channel_name with the new channel name and then run TFAR_fnc_ClientInit again, but that doesn't work.

Would it be possible to simulate the outside audio when talking over a net? So for example, say infantry are in a firefight you can actually hear the firefight in the background, or if you contacted a CAS asset you can hear the turbine whine in the background of the comms? After listening to MW2 comms I feel as though it would 10 fold increase immersion.

As example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8CM-CUE2k4

Hello!

I want to setup a game and Teamspeak server with TFAR. I set up the Teamspeak channel "TaskForceRadio" with the password "123". If I'm joining to the gameserver my name changed to the ingame name and TFAR is activated, but i don't get moved into the TaskForceRadio Channel. 

Does someone have a solution or a tutorial for that?

Hello!

I was just wondering what the current supported teamspeak version is> (is it still only 3.0.14?)

Thanks!

Weird problem. My roommate and I in the same room get massive feedback using this, when we use it separately, none problems. No problems in TS alone, or any other platforms. No idea why it's just this addon for TS. Any ideas? What does it boost, how can we check stuff.

What version of TS are people using successfully?

Thanks!

(is it still only 3.0.14?)

It hasn't been 3.0.14 only in quite some time, hence the late answer. Run it with the latest Team Speak version (3.0.19.1) and you're fine.

Click "Edit Virtual Server" and go to the "anti flood" tab and change "reduced points per tick" from 5 to 150

Hmm, our settings are "grayed out" and won't let us alter them.  Any ideas?

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with TFAR on my server.

Mod install (client and server side) ok, userconfig too, I lanch my server with -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio and it works, the plugin on TS works fine too, but when I launch the mission (Invad&Annex) I have this message : 

"no task force radio deployed on server"

No one radio works :(

(This is a dedicated server www.e-mengine.com)

ps : sorry for my english

1) Could you add more details?

2) There is already script for radio jammer

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

It is just because same keybinding...

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Check

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setSwSettings

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_isRadio

Also, to get "prototype" radio - just get parent class name.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Are you sure plugins are updated?

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Try to run everything as admin, also, check TS plugin is enabled.

How do we get the parent class name when we dont know what kind of object the radios are? 

Are they weapons? Vehicles? Items? Some code would be awesome, or better yet a function to do this for us cause this dynamic class name stuff is frustrating to work around.

Many in my unit are having issues with TFAR where they can hear (seemingly random) people in the channel, even though everyone has TFAR connected and are talking in game just fine to the others. Talked to another unit and they have the same issue.

Used with TaskForceRadio channel?

Is there a way to script it so that people who don't have TFR active and connected to a teamspeak are detected? I'd like to make them see a black screen with instructions on what teamspeak to join.

I have not script, but some API: 

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakChannelName

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName

Is there a way to prompt the teamspeak channel switch with an .sqf script? I'm trying to make players switch the channel upon death.

I was thinking I could just overwrite tf_radio_channel_name with the new channel name and then run TFAR_fnc_ClientInit again, but that doesn't work.

Check API: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions

Would it be possible to simulate the outside audio when talking over a net? So for example, say infantry are in a firefight you can actually hear the firefight in the background, or if you contacted a CAS asset you can hear the turbine whine in the background of the comms? After listening to MW2 comms I feel as though it would 10 fold increase immersion.

As example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8CM-CUE2k4

Not possible at the moment, because TS supports only 1 audio channel.