nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hi,

I have a question to the speaking volume level.

Is it possible to block the setting yelling for everyone on a server, to stop people abusing the yelling level and activate yelling all the time?

You could change meters value (TF_max_voice_volume) https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Variables

@Nkey, im reporting a bug that has been around for a while now. Beforehand it was very rare but now we find it in every mission multiple times.

When talking on the long range radio sometimes the transmission is not heard. The sound effects of radio are heard but not the players voice. We have become so used to it now that when we hear the sfx but no voice we reply with 'transmission not heard' so that the other player can say it again.

A few months ago it was fine as it would happen maybe once per mission. But now it happens almost every second transmission. Also it seems to happen to some players more than others.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help test.

It is depends on distance?

It is depends on distance?

No dont think so. Last night it didnt happen at all. The squad leaders were different to last time so it seems to affect some players more than others.

Anyone having any luck with a script to set radio channels for the groups when they join servers with TFAR enabled? We haven't been able to get it to work for a while and were wondering if it had something to do with changes within A3.

Anyone having any luck with a script to set radio channels for the groups when they join servers with TFAR enabled? We haven't been able to get it to work for a while and were wondering if it had something to do with changes within A3.

Add a groupID to your groups (ie put (group this) setGroupId ["Alpha"]; in the init line of the group leader) and then put this in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

switch (toUpper (groupID player)) do{
    case "ALPHA": { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 2] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
    case "BRAVO": { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 3] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
    case "CHARLIE": { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 4] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
    default { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 1] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
};
  • Like 1

Add a groupID to your groups (ie put (group this) setGroupId ["Alpha"]; in the init line of the group leader) and then put this in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

switch (toUpper (groupID player)) do{
    case "ALPHA": { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 2] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
    case "BRAVO": { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 3] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
    case "CHARLIE": { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 4] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
    default { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 1] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; };
};

You sir are a saint!

Hello!

I've seen some other comments regarding the problem I have with Task Force Radio, but there haven't been any clear answers.

I'm trying to make TFAR work on Arma 3 server, but for some reason when I actually join the server in-game, it displays a message saying "No task force radio deployed on server".

I do have the newest version of Community Based Addons on the server enabled and of course Task Force Radio.

The command line looks like this: -ip=********* -port=**** -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=" "-mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio" -world=empty -nologs -autoinit

I've also tried using TFAR as a server mod, but with same results. -nologs is needed because the server doesn't launch without it.

I haven't contacted the mod author or anyone related yet.

Edit: Should clarify that long range radios work fine, but short range radios don't.

Hello!

I've seen some other comments regarding the problem I have with Task Force Radio, but there haven't been any clear answers.

I'm trying to make TFAR work on Arma 3 server, but for some reason when I actually join the server in-game, it displays a message saying "No task force radio deployed on server".

I do have the newest version of Community Based Addons on the server enabled and of course Task Force Radio.

The command line looks like this: -ip=********* -port=**** -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=" "-mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio" -world=empty -nologs -autoinit

I've also tried using TFAR as a server mod, but with same results. -nologs is needed because the server doesn't launch without it.

I haven't contacted the mod author or anyone related yet.

Edit: Should clarify that long range radios work fine, but short range radios don't.

Can you please post your rpt. Thanks.

• Like 1

Can you please post your rpt. Thanks.

Is this the file generated after you launch/shut down the server?

Edit: I will post it when I can access the server again.

Edit2: Here is what I get if I disable -nologs

=====================================================================

== C:\TCAFiles\Users\isaiahb\10987\arma3server.exe
== "C:\TCAFiles\Users\isaiahb\10987\arma3server.exe" -ip=************ -port=2322 -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=" "-mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio" -world=empty 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2016/03/02 14:35:06
Current time:  2016/04/11 08:58:42

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.56.134787

Allocator: C:\TCAFiles\Users\isaiahb\10987\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

8:58:42 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features wont's be accessible!
 8:58:43 Initializing stats manager.
 8:58:43 Stats config disabled.
 8:58:43 sessionID: 0b3824850c68f5610aad83c20a1d5e4d569b79fd
 8:58:49 Unsupported language English in stringtable

Edited by Pjetu

Is this the file generated after you launch/shut down the server?

Edit: I will post it when I can access the server again.

Edit2: Here is what I get if I disable -nologs

My guess is that all those quotes in your startup parameters mess up your settings. Are you sure TFAR is loaded at all by the server? You could tell from a complete rpt. Unfortunately yours is incomplete. It should say at one point:

============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================
21:02:01 modsReadOnly = true
21:02:01 safeModsActivated = false
21:02:01 customMods = true
21:02:01 hash = '48AF8CEC8D3DB897F88150D95F08DC7704E29E6C'
21:02:01 hashShort = '65a34b00'
21:02:01                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
21:02:01 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21:02:01                                         TFW Radios |          @tfw_radios |      false |             GAME DIR | 38bceaad078dc94104bd007534177eafc673a5d8 |  43d8e398 | I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@tfw_radios

Is it possible to use a script to disable underwater transceiver functionality even when wearing a rebreather?

My guess is that all those quotes in your startup parameters mess up your settings. Are you sure TFAR is loaded at all by the server? You could tell from a complete rpt. Unfortunately yours is incomplete. It should say at one point:

Sadly it seems like there is no way of removing those quotes from the startup parameters. like seen in this picture:

303V7fR.png

Sadly it seems like there is no way of removing those quotes from the startup parameters. like seen in this picture:

303V7fR.png

TFAR runs with DLLs if your server provider does not allow you to upload DLLs via the Control Panel, then TFAR will not run.

Does the creator of this mod ever plan on updating it anytime soon? We could really use it right now

TFAR runs with DLLs if your server provider does not allow you to upload DLLs via the Control Panel, then TFAR will not run.

All I've done was uploading the task force radio folder to the server using FTP and adding it to the command line. 

So am I supposed to do something else too? Or are the DLLs supposed to run in the mod folder?

Is it about the server provider not allowing them to run?

All I've done was uploading the task force radio folder to the server using FTP and adding it to the command line. 

So am I supposed to do something else too? Or are the DLLs supposed to run in the mod folder?

Is it about the server provider not allowing them to run?

You need to upload the Userconfig folder to the root directory on your server.

Don't worry about the DLLs, my server provider doesn't allow DLLs and TFAR works perfectly fine. You just have to install TFAR on your server as you would on your PC which means uploading the mod, adding it to the command line and uploading the userconfig folder to the root directory.

@Pjetu: Where did you get your TFAR download from? I just noticed that the Armaholic download is missing the userconfig folder for some reason. You will need the userconfig folder for TFAR to run. 

For the full download go to: http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Feature request: Allow dead, spectating players to hear direct chat local to the cameras current position, as well as hearing dead players. ACRE does this and it enhances spectating so much more to be able to hear alive players talk when you move the camera close to them (but still being able to chat with dead players without locality restrictions like you currently can in TFR).

Thank you :)

• Like 2

@raspu86 @rekkless @timothyj080  

You have my greatest gratitude for helping me.

The problem has been fixed and it indeed was an issue with the userconfig. 

@raspu86 @rekkless @timothyj080  

You have my greatest gratitude for helping me.

The problem has been fixed and it indeed was an issue with the userconfig. 

Good to hear, by the way you don't need all that shacktac stuff on your server. ARES, STHUD, STNAMETags all that stuff is client side only and does nothing but use resources on your server. Also ShackTac Map gestures is now apart of ACE 3 so you don't need that mod in your modset at all you literally have two of the same thing running on your server.

• Like 1

Good to hear, by the way you don't need all that shacktac stuff on your server. ARES, STHUD, STNAMETags all that stuff is client side only and does nothing but use resources on your server. Also ShackTac Map gestures is now apart of ACE 3 so you don't need that mod in your modset at all you literally have two of the same thing running on your server.

Thanks for the advice.

Hey guys,

I have a question. I know there was (sometime ago) a script flying around the interwebs that lets AI hear your talking over TFR radios. (It was NOT an official script. Was made by someone else) From what I can remember, it was a slightly changed ACRE script. However, does anyone reading this, have something similar (that is still working)? To not interrupt this thread, I'd say, just write me a PM...would be very nice. (I want my people to finally stop shouting around all the time -,-)

Thanks in advance
Many Greetings
Moony

I've looked around and can't find an answer to my question so I'll ask here, how do you stop the addon from automatically adding a radios to players? 

I've looked around and can't find an answer to my question so I'll ask here, how do you stop the addon from automatically adding a radios to players? 

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = false; 

I think these are the codes you need in your init.sqf

(https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables)