nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Somehow this does not work any more. The group leader receives a LR backpack by default.

I've set it in the userconfig, I've added

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; //not giving long range by default(using classnames in loadout), default=false.
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

to the init.sqf

yet to no avail. This happens on dedicated and local server. As soon as it's a group leader he gets a LR backpack.

Steam version not use userconfig. You could setup variable in server's userconfig.

Or in you script, remove check for server (just set variable to clients locally)

For this to work as far as a Pilot issue (as in a helicopter) how would I modify the script, would I have to add it to the EventHandlers and make a UserAction specific for the helo?

[[YourHellivariableName,10000]] call r;

• Like 1

[[YourHellivariableName,10000]] call r;

Nice, much appreciated :D

How come the AI can't hear you? Something ACRE2 has built in.

Hi,

Is it possible to spawn a unit without any radio?

Looking for a long time, but I can't find a way.

Open the radio_settings.hpp in the userconfig/task_force_radio folder and it has the various settings and you can disable/enable them.

I already try, it does not work.

The soldier always keeps a radio.

Hover your mouse and see the type, if it' says "Rado" then that's the BIS version. IF it's like "AN/PRC-xxx" then that's the TFAR radio. Most default units already have it so it's the game itself, and not the mod.

It's an AN/PRC-xxx. I try to use radio_settings.hpp and/or a TFAR module in the mission to block it but it's doesn't works. Units I use don't have any radio even the basic radio.

This is what I use:

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;

For various settings "0" and "1" should be used instead of other commands. You may be putting in "N" (not sure of course) and it simply doesn't recognize it.

Apologies for the quote spam there.

IMO the line TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier in radio_settings.hpp promises too much for beginner users: "set this to 0 and you shall not have personal radio". But the thing is that the setting doesn't do squat in the case the character a player is using has the Arma 3 "vanilla" radio in its gear by default. If this is the case TFR only substitutes one of its own radios in the place of the Arma 3 vanilla radio and that is a thing one can't affect from the radio_settings.hpp file.

Aand if you don't want that a player/character gets a TFR radio one has to remove it with the this removeItem "ItemRadio" command as was already suggested by nkey. But you don't remove stuff out of official Arma 3 missions/user made missions just like that, which I think was the case with catsy's problem (probably was testing TFR with official missions?).

I still have issues with setting the additional channel with a script. I haven't tested thoroughly with latest versions, but so far it seems to not work at all (it used to work *sometimes)...

Setting the channel work. Only the additional channel does not get set with this script.

TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel works, but TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel does not :(

Mission:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/144440-dynamic-take-and-secure-randomized-round-based-no-respawn-ad/

Script used:

private ["_i", "_count", "_TFRChannel", "_radio", "_activeSWRadio", "_hasRadio"];

if (canHaveRadio) then
{
	_count = count (assignedItems player);

if (isTFR && canHaveRadio) then
	{
		_radio = "tf_anprc152";
		//if (sidePlayer != attackerSide) then
		if (sidePlayer == east) then
		{
			_radio = "tf_fadak";
		};

//player linkItem _radio;

// Wait for the new radio with ID to be added.
		_hasRadio = false;
		while {!_hasRadio} do
		{
			player linkItem _radio;
			_nextAttemptTime = time + 5;
			waitUntil {[] call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio || time > _nextAttemptTime};
			_hasRadio = [] call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio;
		};
		//waitUntil {[] call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio};

// Wait for server to assign squad channel if it isn't assigned.
		_TFRChannel = -1;
		waitUntil
		{
			_TFRChannel = (group player) getVariable ["TFRChannel", -1];
			_TFRChannel != -1
		};

_activeSWRadio = [] call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio;
		// Set the short range channel to the squad channel.
		[_activeSWRadio, _TFRChannel - 1] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel;

// Set the additional channel to command channel (8).
		if (commandChannelEnabled) then
		{
			[_activeSWRadio, 7] call TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel;
		};
	}
	else
	{
		player linkItem "ItemRadio";
	};
};

They've been mentioned before, but satellite phones for use on large maps would be a really nice touch.

As would ground based radio stations, which could be placed on a table for example.

• Like 1

is it intended to be able to work with someone using the steam version and someone else using the non-steam version?

I tried with a friend last night who was using it for one of the first times. He got the steam version. I have and regularly use the non-steam version. In my mission, the radio worked fine, but proximity did not. It always just sounded like normal teamspeak with no proximity.

What are the radius for what AI or enemy can hear you when on whisper/normal/yelling?

What about PvP?

Is this a serious question?

Other Players can hear you of course if you are in the same TS channel.

So looking for an assist on  TFAR issue.  When trying to set an alt channel, the frequency will over write the primary channel and vice versa.

Example

Primary Channel 1 set to Freq 100

Alt Channel 1 set to 100.1

When switching back to primary 1, it is now 100.1

If you then update primary 1 back to 100 and switch back to alternate 1, it is also 100 now.

Any suggestions?  thanks

You can only assign a different channel as your additional channel.

It's not like you have 8 channels and 8 additional channels. You can assign another channel as additional channel.

So if you have channel 1 set to freq 100 and channel 2 to 100.1 you can assign channel 2 as your additional channel. If you switch back to channel 1 you can transmit and receive on channels 1 and 2.

• Like 1

is it intended to be able to work with someone using the steam version and someone else using the non-steam version?

I tried with a friend last night who was using it for one of the first times. He got the steam version. I have and regularly use the non-steam version. In my mission, the radio worked fine, but proximity did not. It always just sounded like normal teamspeak with no proximity.

both version shoud work fine together...

So looking for an assist on  TFAR issue.  When trying to set an alt channel, the frequency will over write the primary channel and vice versa.

Example

Primary Channel 1 set to Freq 100

Alt Channel 1 set to 100.1

When switching back to primary 1, it is now 100.1

If you then update primary 1 back to 100 and switch back to alternate 1, it is also 100 now.

Any suggestions?  thanks

Dude it is alternate channels not alternate frequencies. You have to set a different channel (ie. channel 2 or higher) as your alternate channel.

Is there a fix for radios sounding extremely ear-piercingly loud when you join a mission, unless you manually increase or reduce the radio volume through the radio interface?

My TeamSpeak client is up to date, as are those whom I'm playing with while using TFAR.  CBA is also up to date.

[(call TFAR_fnc_ActiveSWRadio), 70] call TFAR_fnc_setSwVolume;  //sets radio volume for your sw radio to 70%

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 0, (call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 1, 70] call TFAR_fnc_setLrVolume;  //the same for the lr radio

• Like 1

Thanks belbo!  Your I had to change the "70" to a number between 0 through 9 to set volumes from 10 to 100, (double-digit values didn't work) but it works now and it's a nice work-around until/if it gets fixed!

[(call TFAR_fnc_ActiveSWRadio), 70] call TFAR_fnc_setSwVolume;  //sets radio volume for your sw radio to 70%

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 0, (call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 1, 70] call TFAR_fnc_setLrVolume;  //the same for the lr radio

Is it possible to use something like this assigned to a key toggle?

What I'm after doing is having a key which when pressed reduces the short range volume to 10 or 20% and another for the long range radio

When pressed again returns volume back to what it was (or a default loud value)

The aim is to be able to quickly focus on whichever radio is priority at the time and not be distracted by the other during times of heavy comms

Hi,

I have a question to the speaking volume level.

Is it possible to block the setting yelling for everyone on a server, to stop people abusing the yelling level and activate yelling all the time?

@Nkey, im reporting a bug that has been around for a while now. Beforehand it was very rare but now we find it in every mission multiple times.

When talking on the long range radio sometimes the transmission is not heard. The sound effects of radio are heard but not the players voice. We have become so used to it now that when we hear the sfx but no voice we reply with 'transmission not heard' so that the other player can say it again.

A few months ago it was fine as it would happen maybe once per mission. But now it happens almost every second transmission. Also it seems to happen to some players more than others.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help test.