nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hover your mouse and see the type, if it' says "Rado" then that's the BIS version. IF it's like "AN/PRC-xxx" then that's the TFAR radio. Most default units already have it so it's the game itself, and not the mod.

It's an AN/PRC-xxx. I try to use radio_settings.hpp and/or a TFAR module in the mission to block it but it's doesn't works. Units I use don't have any radio even the basic radio.

This is what I use:

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;

For various settings "0" and "1" should be used instead of other commands. You may be putting in "N" (not sure of course) and it simply doesn't recognize it.

Hi :)

Since the eden patch our unit now has issues with using Taskforce radio.

Taskforce radio modules are assigned to all our missions, and since the Eden patch we are no longer able to use these modules, as the Taskforce radio stops. It is connected but does not work, it doesn't function as it should. You can hear everyone on Teamspeak with the same volume, no matter the radius.

While enabling the modules to force players to have a radio in their kit, it no longer functions. 

Message on Teamspeak with modules enabled: Task Force Radio Status (0.9.8):Connected Y Play N P:0.9.8 A: 0.9.8

Disabling module works, but every time you enter the server it forces players, both LR & SW and drops their backpack, every single time.

Message on Teamspeak with no modules: Task Force Radio Status (0.9.8):Connected Y Play Y P:0.9.8 A: 0.9.8

Has anyone experienced the same issues, or can offer a resolution?

Cheers, 

Currenty Eden mixes something up when converting the modules.

You need to manually adjust the mission.sqm so it runs with the propper values. Same applies to modules from ACE etc.

Easiest way: Create a mission with your modules in 2d editor and copypaste the values into your new eden mission.

Hopefully BIS fixes that.

We just did a mission on EDEN on Sunday and it worked perfectly.

Do you have any plans to add TFAR to discord (What now replaces teamspeak apparently)?

Nonsense! TeamSpeak is here to stay. There is no reason to switch to anything else.

Nonsense! TeamSpeak is here to stay. There is no reason to switch to anything else.

I do love TeamSpeak but my friend pays for a arma server as well as a teamspeak server

It would save him $7 a month so Cx

Do you have any plans to add TFAR to discord (What now replaces teamspeak apparently)?

No API yet in discord.

Currenty Eden mixes something up when converting the modules.

You need to manually adjust the mission.sqm so it runs with the propper values. Same applies to modules from ACE etc.

Easiest way: Create a mission with your modules in 2d editor and copypaste the values into your new eden mission.

Hopefully BIS fixes that.

We just did a mission on EDEN on Sunday and it worked perfectly.

So, it is seems like Arma issue, right? 

Yes, its an arma issue. Also sometimes converting doesnt copy variable names. So not for mod makers to worry about.

Regarding TS servers...

99% of them are way over priced.

We run a TS server for FREE. All you need is a simple system connected to the internet. Rasberry pie should do allready.

If anyone is having trouble with Task Force Radio and its modules not working in the editor, put this in a init.sqf file in your mission folder.

It will give everyone the same radio, sync up all channels and frequencies, not give the team leader a long range radio (hence preventing dropping his pack in the process) and basically set up TFAR for any mission you want to make.

//Check for presence of TFAR and if present set the variables that would usually be set with a map module.
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPAtches" >> "task_force_radio")) then 
{
    tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
    TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
    tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
    tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
    TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
    TF_speakerDistance = 30;
};

You can of course alter any of that depending on what you want to achieve.

• Like 2

I already try, it does not work.

The soldier always keeps a radio.

Just want to back you up on that, I get the same error.

hello all, i have a server and i am running TFR on it, but it wont start and keep saying it missing CBA_main but it running it, is it a bug with the most up to date CBA?

fix it, one dam spelling marstak

So I've been meaning to ask this for almost a year but just never have gotten around to it.

For as long as I can remember, when I use Task Force Radio (which is always).... my player always spawns in with a radio on his back and his actual back pack laying at his feet on the ground.  Every time.

Is this a setting? a bug?  I always have to end up picking up my backpack and removing the radio but this is especially problematic on "set missions" where I start in a helicopter, etc. and I end up losing all of my gear because I have the radio instead of a backpack.

Thoughts?

Open the user config/radio_settings.hpp and change it to this:

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;

If there is one gripe about the mod, that's it for me so I use this all the time.

Hello!!!

First of all, as mission maker I must say TFAR is the best mod around the scene, not only because of the feature, but also for how transparent it is for the mission maker to use it.

Other mods only care about compatibility with TFAR and ACE, but mission makers have their own problems adapting their systems to them.

I wan't to fine tune my adaptation on TFAR for Antistasi.

I made some things, but some of them don't work, and some of them need to be clarified.

What does not work:

I want my revive to disable radio when the player is in unconscious state in the same way Farooqs does. I have this code:

_saveVolume = player getVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 1.0];
player setVariable ["tf_unable_to_use_radio", true, true];
player setVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 0];

Can you confirm is ok?

But I also want to make the player not able to speak, or randmish not to speak. Is that possible? If so, can you guide me with variable names?.

Second. I want to disable LR radios by default to group leaders, and I have this:

That's executed on a function called on initServer.sqf, but it seems it does not work. Players on respawn, JIP etc. start with backpack radios. Can you help me?

Third, I am not really sure I am doing this well. I want to allow players to use vehicles as LR radios, and, as it is based on guerrila warfare, most of their vehicles are stolen. So, I made this in initServer.sqf:

tf_west_radio_code = "";//to make enemy vehicles usable as LR radio
tf_east_radio_code = tf_west_radio_code;//to make enemy vehicles usable as LR radio
tf_guer_radio_code = tf_west_radio_code;//to make enemy vehicles usable as LR radio

Can you please confirm?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Open the user config/radio_settings.hpp and change it to this:

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;

If there is one gripe about the mod, that's it for me so I use this all the time.

Somehow this does not work any more. The group leader receives a LR backpack by default.

I've set it in the userconfig, I've added

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; //not giving long range by default(using classnames in loadout), default=false.
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

to the init.sqf

yet to no avail. This happens on dedicated and local server. As soon as it's a group leader he gets a LR backpack.

Somehow this does not work any more. The group leader receives a LR backpack by default.

I've set it in the userconfig, I've added

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; //not giving long range by default(using classnames in loadout), default=false.
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

to the init.sqf

yet to no avail. This happens on dedicated and local server. As soon as it's a group leader he gets a LR backpack.

You're talking to the wrong guy for stuff like that. All I know is it never does it to me as that's the only thing I've done with the mod.

• Like 1

Just want to back you up on that, I get the same error.

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio=true

player removeItem "ItemRadio"

Hello!!!

First of all, as mission maker I must say TFAR is the best mod around the scene, not only because of the feature, but also for how transparent it is for the mission maker to use it.

Other mods only care about compatibility with TFAR and ACE, but mission makers have their own problems adapting their systems to them.

I wan't to fine tune my adaptation on TFAR for Antistasi.

I made some things, but some of them don't work, and some of them need to be clarified.

What does not work:

I want my revive to disable radio when the player is in unconscious state in the same way Farooqs does. I have this code:

_saveVolume = player getVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 1.0];
player setVariable ["tf_unable_to_use_radio", true, true];
player setVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 0];

Can you confirm is ok?

But I also want to make the player not able to speak, or randmish not to speak. Is that possible? If so, can you guide me with variable names?.

Second. I want to disable LR radios by default to group leaders, and I have this:

That's executed on a function called on initServer.sqf, but it seems it does not work. Players on respawn, JIP etc. start with backpack radios. Can you help me?

Third, I am not really sure I am doing this well. I want to allow players to use vehicles as LR radios, and, as it is based on guerrila warfare, most of their vehicles are stolen. So, I made this in initServer.sqf:

tf_west_radio_code = "";//to make enemy vehicles usable as LR radio
tf_east_radio_code = tf_west_radio_code;//to make enemy vehicles usable as LR radio
tf_guer_radio_code = tf_west_radio_code;//to make enemy vehicles usable as LR radio

Can you please confirm?

Thanks in advance!!!!

1) Yes, seems to be correct

2) player setVariable ["tf_voiceVolume", 0.0, true]

3) probably you need to publish variable to clients

4) seems fine, but need to be run on clients too