nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Only possible if the seat is either defined as a driver-, commander- or gunner-seat.

If so: _vehicle setVariable ["TF_RadioType", "tf_mr6000l", true];

I was trying to figure out how to define a seat as a commander seat, how do i do so?

I was trying to figure out how to define a seat as a commander seat, how do i do so?

If it's possible at all to have multiple commander- and gunner-seats, you'd have to create an addon that reconfigures these values for specific vehicles.

i was trying to make a commander seat for a HMMWV and a reskin of a hunter i had made. i couldn't figure out where the seat type was defined

little problem here: no matter what i do, TFAR always spawns a microdagr in the inventory.. tried the command that i could find in the FAQ

also it loads the frequencies for LR but not for SR (put both in the init)

i was trying to make a commander seat for a HMMWV and a reskin of a hunter i had made. i couldn't figure out where the seat type was defined

Good question. Got to be in there somewhere. Something like this I suppose. But I don't know.

that didn't help, i want to make a passenger seat a commander seat, not the driver, and nothing else in that page helped me.

Alright currently having issuse with TFAR and BR Insurgency 1.44 trying to add TFAR to it the first time i loaded it up it was fine second time after that i get a Y and N in TS instead of Y Y and it moves me out of TFAR Channle after it loads up. 

Basicly TFAR is loading then turning itself off. No onein our clan can seem to get Y Y with TFAR and BR 1.44 any ideas what can be causing this. 

I've had the same issue, so last night I disabled the mod, and then equipped a vanilla radio and things seems to be working out when I re-enable the mod. Still haven't verified but that may be a good technique.

Everyone time i talk it works but after 15 to 20 seconds the radio stops working i cant open my radio after that time but i can hear people but i cant talk back. Any suggestions?

Probably it is because waves level... Could you check?

Checked. It worked just fine on another mission. Why should the sea waves height affect the underwater radio? Is that on purpose?

I dont know if this has been asked or answered previously 

My clan has 6 channels for Aviation  , i setup all 6 channels on the radio 

Question: Is there a way to assign keyboard keys for example 1-6 that if i push keyboard key 3 it transmits on channel 3 and push key 6 it transmits on channel six 

or do i manually have to change channels manually to broadcast on that channel 

You can assign a primary and Alternate channel. So two channels you listen and talk on one radio.

I'd advice to take a prc152 to listen to 2 other channels. that gives you 4 channels you can listen in to. Of which 2 can be transmitted on at short range.

All militairy aircraft I've flown (PC7, T6 T38, F16 and L39) We never had more than 2 radios to transmit on at once. With a max of 6 listening freqs of which 2 transmit. This last one was with the AH64. (No I was never a formal crew member)

The SUAS I fly these days has 3 radios, with 3 possible listening channels but only 1 I can transmit on.

So Id say regard it as a realistic limitation.

Is there a roadmap or plans about the future? Its been a while since the last version and i read much about what is beeing tought of for the future and so on ;)

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 3, true];
player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 3, true];

don't seem to have a function right now. Is that intended?

#edit: I found out: player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 3, true]; does actually work. If setting "tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator" to the same value as "tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", they seem to cancel each other out.

Thanks to this finding I present to you my relay-script:

/*
ADV_fnc_radioRelay - by Belbo (QA and approved by Nyaan)

This function turns a vehicle into a radio repeater for use with TFAR.
The distance multiplicator is applied to all units of the side provided if at least one radio repeater is up and running.
If a radio repeater is destroyed, damaged beyond 60% or descended below the given minimum height it will stop working as a radio repeater.
If the last radio repeater is deactivated, the distance multiplicator is removed for all units of the side provided.

Possible call - has to be executed on client and server:

in init.sqf:
[VEHICLE, west, 90] spawn ADV_fnc_radioRelay;
or
[VEHICLE, west, 90] spawn compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_radioRelay";

or from a local client:
[VEHICLE, west, 90] remoteExec ["ADV_fnc_radioRelay",0];
or
{[VEHICLE, west, 90] spawn compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_radioRelay";} remoteExec ["bis_fnc_spawn",0];
*/

params [
    ["_relay", objNull, [objNull]],
    ["_side", west, [west]],
    ["_minHeight", 10, [0]]
];

if !(isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) exitWith {};

if (side player == _side) then {

if ( isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_interact_menu") ) then {

_ace_relayActionON = [
            "relayActionOn",
            ("<t color=""#00FF00"">" + ("ACTIVATE RADIO REPEATER") + "</t>"),
            "",
            { (_this select 0) setVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",((_this select 2) select 0)],true,true]; systemChat "Radio repeater activated."; },
            { !((_this select 0) getVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",(_this select 2) select 0],false]) && damage (_this select 0) < 0.4 },
            nil,[_side]
        ] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_ace_relayActionOFF = [
            "relayActionOff",
            ("<t color=""#FF0000"">" + ("DEACTIVATE RADIO REPEATER") + "</t>"),
            "",
            { (_this select 0) setVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",((_this select 2) select 0)],false,true]; systemChat "Radio repeater deactivated."; },
            { ((_this select 0) getVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",(_this select 2) select 0],false]) && damage (_this select 0) < 0.6 },
            nil,[_side]
        ] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

[_relay , 0, ["ACE_MainActions"],_ace_relayActionON] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;
        [_relay , 0, ["ACE_MainActions"],_ace_relayActionOFF] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

} else {

[_relay,_side] spawn {
            _relay = _this select 0;
            _side = _this select 1;

while { alive _relay } do {
                waitUntil { sleep 1; (damage _relay) < 0.6 };
                _relay setVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",_side],false,true];

adv_handle_relayActionOn = _relay addAction [("<t color=""#00FF00"">" + ("Activate Radio Repeater") + "</t>"), {
                    (_this select 0) setVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",((_this select 3) select 0)],true,true];
                    systemChat "Radio repeater activated.";
                    (_this select 0) removeAction (_this select 2);
                    adv_handle_relayActionOff = (_this select 0) addAction [("<t color=""#FF0000"">" + ("Deactivate Radio Repeater") + "</t>"), {
                        (_this select 0) setVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",((_this select 3) select 0)],false,true];
                        systemChat "Radio repeater deactivated.";
                        (_this select 0) removeAction (_this select 2);
                    },_side,6,false,true,"","player distance _target <5"];
                },_side,6,false,true,"","player distance _target <5"];

waitUntil { sleep 1; _relay getVariable (format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",_side]) };
                waitUntil { sleep 1; ((damage _relay) > 0.6 || !alive _relay) || !(_relay getVariable (format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",_side])) };
                if (!isNil "adv_handle_relayActionOff") then { _relay removeAction adv_handle_relayActionOff; };
            };
        };
    };
};

if (isServer) then {
    [_relay,_side,_minHeight] spawn {
        _relay = _this select 0;
        _side = _this select 1;
        _minHeight = _this select 2;
        while {alive _relay} do {
            waitUntil { sleep 1; damage _relay > 0.6 || !alive _relay || getTerrainHeightASL (getPos _relay) < _minHeight};
            _relay setVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",_side],false,true];
            waitUntil { sleep 1; damage _relay < 0.4 || !alive _relay };
        };
    };
    if !( missionNamespace getVariable [format ["ADV_var_relayScriptHasRun_%1",_side],false] ) then {
        missionNamespace setVariable [format ["ADV_var_relayScriptHasRun_%1",_side],true,true];
        while {true} do {
            waitUntil { sleep 1; {_x getVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",_side],false]} count (vehicles+allMissionObjects"Land_DataTerminal_01_F") > 0 };

{
                if ( (side _x) == _side ) then {
                    _x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 2, true];
                };
            } forEach allPlayers;

waitUntil { sleep 1; {_x getVariable [format ["adv_var_isRelay_%1",_side],false]} count (vehicles+allMissionObjects"Land_DataTerminal_01_F") == 0 };

{
                if ( (side _x) == _side || (side _x) == sideEnemy ) then {
                    _x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1, true];
                };
            } forEach allPlayers;
        };
    };
};

My radio have a weird bug.When i hold caps-lock , right side down monitor, it show me the radio working and channel hint.Working in single player fine but in multi player the radio not working at all.

I reinstalled the mod, plugin, team speak few times, no luck.Also changed my arma profile name. 

I reinstalled CBA mod too.Executed teamspeak as run as administrator, still not working radio.Anyone have this problem?

My radio have a weird bug.When i hold caps-lock , right side down monitor, it show me the radio working and channel hint.Working in single player fine but in multi player the radio not working at all.

I reinstalled the mod, plugin, team speak few times, no luck.Also changed my arma profile name. 

I reinstalled CBA mod too.Executed teamspeak as run as administrator, still not working radio.Anyone have this problem?

Hey. Sorry for the noobish question.

I created a hidden backpack as a placable item. But i can't get it to work. How do i exactly use this functions?

Greetings

Need more details...

Hi,

I have question, we wish to force player on our server to be on TFR an in our teamspeak, such that they would be given some kind black screen if they were not on TFR.

Is it possible to do this with a script in a mission file (as opposed to using a mod to do it)

Yes, check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions

There fuction to get plugin/server/channel status.

I have a problem with TFAR initializing incorrectly after loading a saved mission. If I start a custom mission of my own creation, select "Save And Exit" in the pause menu then resume that mission, I will hear everyone as though we were just using normal TeamSpeak, but I can still bring up the radio. Everyone else in the server can use TFAR without issue, but they will also hear me as if through normal TeamSpeak.

Saved games not supported...

little problem here: no matter what i do, TFAR always spawns a microdagr in the inventory.. tried the command that i could find in the FAQ

also it loads the frequencies for LR but not for SR (put both in the init)

Have you tried to adjust server userconfg setting?

Alright currently having issuse with TFAR and BR Insurgency 1.44 trying to add TFAR to it the first time i loaded it up it was fine second time after that i get a Y and N in TS instead of Y Y and it moves me out of TFAR Channle after it loads up. 

Basicly TFAR is loading then turning itself off. No onein our clan can seem to get Y Y with TFAR and BR 1.44 any ideas what can be causing this. 

Probably compatibility issue.. Probably mod uses deprecated onEachFrame.

Checked. It worked just fine on another mission. Why should the sea waves height affect the underwater radio? Is that on purpose?

Yes, because underwater uses infrasound for communications.

Everyone time i talk it works but after 15 to 20 seconds the radio stops working i cant open my radio after that time but i can hear people but i cant talk back. Any suggestions?

Any errors in logs? Plugin reload helps?