nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Having some problems here.

TFAR seems to be partially working for me. I can access the radio via Ctrl+P, I can hear the Radio when I press to talk and release. But this is what my screen looks like. (Screenshot: http://imgur.com/Bvcw52u) When I press to talk, I briefly see the Transmitting graphic, but the Fail message remains constant. Also the chat at bottom left of screen is absent while TFAR is loaded?

I've been looking for ages trying to see if this is a problem for other people, but I've found no help so far.

Having some problems here.

TFAR seems to be partially working for me. I can access the radio via Ctrl+P, I can hear the Radio when I press to talk and release. But this is what my screen looks like. (Screenshot: http://imgur.com/Bvcw52u) When I press to talk, I briefly see the Transmitting graphic, but the Fail message remains constant. Also the chat at bottom left of screen is absent while TFAR is loaded?

I've been looking for ages trying to see if this is a problem for other people, but I've found no help so far.

Disregard. I uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled and it's working.

@nkey

I'm sorry if this question was already answered – was not able to find anything via search function.

1. Is there currently a way to prevent one player to transmit on a certain frequency while another player is already transmitting on it?

2. If not are you planning something like that in a future release?

Would be great to have such a feature in terms of realism. In real life, radio channels are "blocked" when someone is transmitting.

3. Furthermore i'd like to see a possibility to comepensate for radio signal losses through terrain interception (or similar). Maybe adding funcionality to radio towers.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!

• Like 1

There are problems with the underwater transducer. Some of the transmissions have very low volume and/or hard to understand. When playing the same mission several times different guys were not-understandable, the behavior was inconsistent. On one attempt a guy can be heard underwater clearly, and on the other attempt, the same guy sounds very low and not understandable. 

Probably it is because waves level... Could you check?

I'm creating a pvp mission where some players are civilian, but I noticed that TFAR do not have the variable "tf_freq_west" for the civilian faction, is there a walk around or will it be included soon?

Currently you could setup frequencies on your own using script or using in-editor modules...

Please help im not able to pull up the interface when i press ctrl+p

Check if you have AMD Game Center - for some reason it sometimes prevent CTRL+P to work.

@nkey

I'm sorry if this question was already answered – was not able to find anything via search function.

1. Is there currently a way to prevent one player to transmit on a certain frequency while another player is already transmitting on it?

2. If not are you planning something like that in a future release?

Would be great to have such a feature in terms of realism. In real life, radio channels are "blocked" when someone is transmitting.

3. Furthermore i'd like to see a possibility to comepensate for radio signal losses through terrain interception (or similar). Maybe adding funcionality to radio towers.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!

1) Nope

2) Yes

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Currently you could setup frequencies on your own using script or using in-editor modules...

I am already doing this. However when I want all sides to be able to speak to together, I am missing a variable for the civilian faction, as current I can only set the radio code for "WEST", "EAST", "GUER". (see code below)

// Able sides to use same frequency
tf_west_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";

On another note is there a variable showing the speaking volume, yelling/talking/whispering?

//Coolfact

PS. keep up the good work nkey :D

Hey, nkey! I've used TFAR since I started playing ArmA III and got involved with milsim. It's a great addon!

I have a question about the speaker on the radios. Is it possible to set an object as a radio receiver, i.e just any kind of pre-placed object and set it to, say, frequency 100 and have it receive transmitions on speaker like any other speaker radio dropped on the ground? I'm currently setting up a TOC and to add a touch of realism I would love to have pre-placed radios on speaker with the relevant frequencies. Either way, thanks for a great mod and have a great new year!  :)

• Like 1

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. At one point i could still talk on my teams radio channel even if i was dialed into zues. I cant do that anymore, and was curious if there was a way i could set it to where i could talk on the TFR radio with my team even if i dial into zues. thanks

Inst guer used for Civ aswell?

@Neptune, if that answer where to my post. There are no variable defined as "tf_civ_radio_code", it's not stated on github and is not defined in the mod(Variable is not defined when called)

Hey, nkey! I've used TFAR since I started playing ArmA III and got involved with milsim. It's a great addon!

I have a question about the speaker on the radios. Is it possible to set an object as a radio receiver, i.e just any kind of pre-placed object and set it to, say, frequency 100 and have it receive transmitions on speaker like any other speaker radio dropped on the ground? I'm currently setting up a TOC and to add a touch of realism I would love to have pre-placed radios on speaker with the relevant frequencies. Either way, thanks for a great mod and have a great new year!  :)

I think you could use hidden backpack and https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. At one point i could still talk on my teams radio channel even if i was dialed into zues. I cant do that anymore, and was curious if there was a way i could set it to where i could talk on the TFR radio with my team even if i dial into zues. thanks

it depends on type of Zeus - attached to some character or pure virtual. Or maybe it is broken for some reason...

it depends on type of Zeus - attached to some character or pure virtual. Or maybe it is broken for some reason...

I will give this a try nkey, thats a good suggestion

So can anyone confirm problem with TFAR when there is 30+ people on the channel ? we have issues that people are cut out, or we don't hear other people talk on the radios. We can hear the 'beep' at start and the end but sometimes we just can't hear anyone talk. I heard that TFAR can't handle lots of people on one channel, is that true ? 

So can anyone confirm problem with TFAR when there is 30+ people on the channel ? we have issues that people are cut out, or we don't hear other people talk on the radios. We can hear the 'beep' at start and the end but sometimes we just can't hear anyone talk. I heard that TFAR can't handle lots of people on one channel, is that true ?

+40 People - No Problems.

Might be worth checking if anyone in the channel (i.e. channel/server admins) have 'Priority Speaker' set. This can conflict with TFAR/ACRE.

Our group is experiencing this issue since I can remember and it doesn't matter how many people are playing at that moment.

I've experienced the same issue, but it's usually with specific people.  Basically, what happens is the person will key up to transmit, but all you hear are the bleeps and some static.  Usually me telling them to "Say again your last" or "You didn't transmit" gets the hint the issue occurred and they just resay whatever they were going to say, and that time it'll work.  Happens somewhat frequently.  We have the same version of TeamSpeak (latest, without overwolf) and TFAR, as well as other mods.

Hi,

I have question, we wish to force player on our server to be on TFR an in our teamspeak, such that they would be given some kind black screen if they were not on TFR.

Is it possible to do this with a script in a mission file (as opposed to using a mod to do it)

I have a problem with TFAR initializing incorrectly after loading a saved mission. If I start a custom mission of my own creation, select "Save And Exit" in the pause menu then resume that mission, I will hear everyone as though we were just using normal TeamSpeak, but I can still bring up the radio. Everyone else in the server can use TFAR without issue, but they will also hear me as if through normal TeamSpeak.

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to give a radio to the front right passenger seat. How can I do this?

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to give a radio to the front right passenger seat. How can I do this?

Only possible if the seat is either defined as a driver-, commander- or gunner-seat.

If so: _vehicle setVariable ["TF_RadioType", "tf_mr6000l", true];