nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

In the init.sqf file is piece of code:

r = compile loadFile "RadioInterference.sqf";
[] spawn {
	[[v,10000]] call r;
};

Is "10000" a default value? If not, what is default one and is limitation linear or differnt one?

I mean, lets assume the "10" is default interference. Is "20" limit a range twice?

Regards

10000 - range affected by jammer (also, terrain affects).

Hey guys,

we have some little bug on our server for quite some time now. It sometimes happens that for some player "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1" appears on the screen. This does not happen every time and this does not mean that TFR is not working - it works fine. Its just that this error is kinda....annoying!

Maybe I should add, that I don't use the TFR Modules in the Editor. Mostly because I don't want to be forced to join one channel in my TS to have TFR work (at least that's what I understand from these Modules)

The Server and the clients use the same Mod version (which is up to date).

Anybody knows how to fix that?

Many Greetings

Moony

Yep, know issue. Could be fixed by additional script proabablly.

Ok kinda embarrassed I know nothing about this addon as I can really only play SP sadly buuuut.......how do I get these radio effects?!?

This happened by accident as it was attached to one of my launcher profiles but now I cannot recreate for the life of me -all voices sound standard without that awesome radio static effect. Ive looked thru and tried all varied radios and userconfig settings but no luck. Help as I love that radio voice far better than vanilla voices which to me sound like computer guys at their desks playing soldiers.

Hi, I'm not sure where to post this but I have a Idea that could be very useful for players.

Could we have a separate vehicle intercom system, personally I cannot hear players in helicopters using direct speech (as it should be).

Changing radio channels is to converse between different units is a poor current solution.

It would be nice to have a internal intercom in vehicles with a small amount channels so people can talk.  

Just a idea.

• Like 2

Hi, I'm not sure where to post this but I have a Idea that could be very useful for players.

Could we have a separate vehicle intercom system, personally I cannot hear players in helicopters using direct speech (as it should be).

Changing radio channels is to converse between different units is a poor current solution.

It would be nice to have a internal intercom in vehicles with a small amount channels so people can talk.  

Just a idea.

I always thought it would be good to have an intercom in vehicles, particularly helos, where you could talk to each other without having to press a button like IRL but if that would be problematic, maybe the direct speech button could automatically be reassigned to trigger the intercom when in a vehicle?

Hey guys, I was wondering it there any way to prevent certain player from switching radio channels? I'm trying to simulate a "emergency" radio that has only one channel available.

I've come up with the idea of adding onSWChange event handler to that player that will restore the original channel each time he tries to change but I'm not sure if this is a right way to do it.

Hey guys, I was wondering it there any way to prevent certain player from switching radio channels? I'm trying to simulate a "emergency" radio that has only one channel available.

I've come up with the idea of adding onSWChange event handler to that player that will restore the original channel each time he tries to change but I'm not sure if this is a right way to do it.

Yes, probably right way.

Ok kinda embarrassed I know nothing about this addon as I can really only play SP sadly buuuut.......how do I get these radio effects?!?

This happened by accident as it was attached to one of my launcher profiles but now I cannot recreate for the life of me -all voices sound standard without that awesome radio static effect. Ive looked thru and tried all varied radios and userconfig settings but no luck. Help as I love that radio voice far better than vanilla voices which to me sound like computer guys at their desks playing soldiers.

Hm... TFAR not adds any sound effect to AI voices.

Yes, probably right way.

Thanks! This approach seems to work perfectly, there isn't even a delay between event firing and consequent channel switching.

Here's my code in case somebody else needs it:

["SomeID", "OnSWchannelSet", {
                                 if((_this select 2) != 4) then 
			         { [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 4] call TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel; }; 
			     },
			     player] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

Where "4" is the number of channel (4th channel is going to be channel 5 in in-game radio) you want to restrict player to.

Hm... TFAR not adds any sound effect to AI voices.

Ok...then how the heck did that happen :D

really freaky, such an awesome awesome effect and have no idea how it happened. Guess thats hat happens when mashing to many mods together.

Edit: Found a launcher preset in which this works and I can only guess its the Star Wars mod that does this - stormtroopish radios ftw!

• Like 1

hello Nkey!

thx for ur work!

and really sorry and feel bothering you, how can I apply the TFAR funtion to custom object or backpack?

I always thought it would be good to have an intercom in vehicles, particularly helos, where you could talk to each other without having to press a button like IRL but if that would be problematic, maybe the direct speech button could automatically be reassigned to trigger the intercom when in a vehicle?

If that is going to be done let it please be done to divers radios as well. because damn its annoying to hear people try and talk under water. It makes sense for garbled when no radio is about but other wise its abit silly.

Hi,

Is it possible to add a specific longrange radio to a custom backpack? Say the RTO backpacks in Unsung?

Thanks

hello Nkey!

thx for ur work!

and really sorry and feel bothering you, how can I apply the TFAR funtion to custom object or backpack?

You could add radio functionality to backpack by modifying config. Check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio_items/config.cpp#L193

Seems too hard for me lol might as well be Chinese :) I was hoping for some code to put in the init of backpack lol. Guess I was way off.

Is there anyway to make proximity chat louder?

With Ace Ear plugs in even when players are on yelling it is very hard to hear each other even in close proximity to each other. I know I can turn my Teamspeak volume up but then it makes the radio unbearably loud and also deafening when we are finished with the game.

I was playing on a server the other day and proximity chat was pretty much perfect I didn't have to alter anything.

Anyway is there anyway of making it louder?

With Ace Ear plugs in even when players are on yelling it is very hard to hear each other even in close proximity to each other. I know I can turn my Teamspeak volume up but then it makes the radio unbearably loud and also deafening when we are finished with the game.

I was playing on a server the other day and proximity chat was pretty much perfect I didn't have to alter anything.

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to read these days NVM

There are problems with the underwater transducer. Some of the transmissions have very low volume and/or hard to understand. When playing the same mission several times different guys were not-understandable, the behavior was inconsistent. On one attempt a guy can be heard underwater clearly, and on the other attempt, the same guy sounds very low and not understandable. 

First of all "yelling" doesnt make it louder. It extends the range from where you can hear a player. If they are too silent, you have to adjust your Teamspeak. There is no way around that. Or lower the volume of Arma 3. Or do both.

I'm creating a pvp mission where some players are civilian, but I noticed that TFAR do not have the variable "tf_freq_west" for the civilian faction, is there a walk around or will it be included soon?

- Pump up arma volume

- lower radio volume on the radio's voume knob

-dont use earplug when you dont need them (they keep you from hearing people approaching, like vehicles at a distance)

anyway to bind keys to my joystick? I go into the controls and it doesn't bind my joystick, i can't find where the controls are stored otherwise i'd do it manually

Noop CBA cant do that.

You need a joystick profiler to bind keystrokes to your stick.

Was asked a few posts back aswell.