nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

*off topic warning

It's an interesting trent to see in this community. (or actually any sim community)

When something works better IRL, it needs to be working less in the game.

And vice verse when something is shit IRL it needs to be perfect in the game.

*off topic warning

It's an interesting trent to see in this community. (or actually any sim community)

It's just like thermal view and close air support: If you'd use 'em like they're supposed to be used, no player would ever have to face an enemy again. That would certainly be convenient, but no fun.

nkey:

can you point me a function to change terrain interception?

Feature request:

Well, i know this isn't purpose of TFAR, but i will propose...

Is it possible to simulate with TFAR a megaphone?

It would be handful in silmulation of police choppers and other vehicles, sieges and so one.

Is it even possible to do?

I was wondering, if was possible, to make AI respond to voices nearby. Like when you play a PvP, you need to be careful when talking, it would be really nice for coop to have a feature like that, certainly that would increase immersion a lot.

Thanks for this awesome mod, my community uses everyday and we couldn't be more happy with it.

It is possible with some SQF scripting....

@nkey

btw I wanted to report I work with the simulated radios IRL. Namely the Rifleman, 152 and 117. Trust me the perform dar better IRL.

Rifleman radio allone is still usable at 5km, in a forrest. Wouldnt say its perfect but its workable.

Could we workout some realistic ranges?

You could adjust config values for ranges. Will it work for you?

Hey when i try use a radio it doesnt´t work :( as i cannot set freq but i can speak on the radio. It´s like my shitf+p doesn´t work but i haven´t changed any custom controls. Other than the radio TSF work fine :)

Maybe CTRL-P?  Also, I heard AMD Gaming Evolved breaks it..

nkey:

can you point me a function to change terrain interception?

Feature request:

Well, i know this isn't purpose of TFAR, but i will propose...

Is it possible to simulate with TFAR a megaphone?

It would be handful in silmulation of police choppers and other vehicles, sieges and so one.

Is it even possible to do?

Answered you above regarding jammer.

Regarding megaphone..... It only possible to create long distance for voice for some time..

*off topic warning

I guess you don't really get my point here. What I try to tell you here is: If you play on a terrain like...lets say Zagrabad or maybe lets stay with the normal Arma 3 maps, Stratis...a Long Range radio is more or less obsolete. You can contact anybody from everywhere with your short range radio. While this might be realistic its certainly not fun at all.

And now I end this here. (Sorry but I needed to say these last words!)

Hi NKEY!

Give it be possible to adapt this script?

http://pastebin.com/HRgucn5d

Its function is to make when someone speaks, in this case AI acre "listening" ...

thanks!

Main thing is player getVariable "acre_sys_core_isSpeaking"

In case of TFAR it is https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_isSpeaking

• Like 1

hey nkey

I ve noticed every time i place the TFR (force use) module on the map..the direct comms gets F@kk'd

Maybe a coincidence..?  ...can't say for real.Its like 3rd time i m noticing on different missions.

(sorry btw if same question has been already asked..but it was a difficult day to have

the courage to read all pages) :)

You could adjust config values for ranges. Will it work for you?

Yes that would work.

But dont I need to unpack and repack the mod? I dont mind...but do you?

Yes that would work.

But dont I need to unpack and repack the mod? I dont mind...but do you?

No problem.

hey nkey

I ve noticed every time i place the TFR (force use) module on the map..the direct comms gets F@kk'd

Maybe a coincidence..?  ...can't say for real.Its like 3rd time i m noticing on different missions.

(sorry btw if same question has been already asked..but it was a difficult day to have

the courage to read all pages) :)

So, what post you found says? :)

So this has been answered already? (sorry i dont understand very well)

oops, misunderstood you. have not hear about such issue yet...

In the init.sqf file is piece of code:

r = compile loadFile "RadioInterference.sqf";
[] spawn {
	[[v,10000]] call r;
};

Is "10000" a default value? If not, what is default one and is limitation linear or differnt one?

I mean, lets assume the "10" is default interference. Is "20" limit a range twice?

Regards

Hey guys,

we have some little bug on our server for quite some time now. It sometimes happens that for some player "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1" appears on the screen. This does not happen every time and this does not mean that TFR is not working - it works fine. Its just that this error is kinda....annoying!

Maybe I should add, that I don't use the TFR Modules in the Editor. Mostly because I don't want to be forced to join one channel in my TS to have TFR work (at least that's what I understand from these Modules)
The Server and the clients use the same Mod version (which is up to date).

Anybody knows how to fix that?
Many Greetings
Moony

Can anyone help me with confirmation that Taskforce Radio is incompatible with the latest CBA 2.2.0.151130? Our hosting company has updated to the new CBA but now Taskforce Radio gives an error that an expected file was not found.

Any help would be appreciated.

TFAR works fine with the latest CBA for my community. Maybe a problem with your hoster?

TFAR works fine with the latest CBA for my community. Maybe a problem with your hoster?

Thanks for the feedback, I have a ticket into the hosting folks.

Thanks for the feedback, I have a ticket into the hosting folks.

It is confirmed, the hosting company is have an issue with their repository of MODS.

Thank you again for the help!