nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Bump for my long wall of text up there which everyone's ignoring..

How about - that problem seems unique to you and your system and there is obviously something terribly wrong. Maybe you installed the mod or teamspeak incorrectly, admin permissions etc. If i were you i would reinstall everything in the correct manner assuming you know what you are doing...

No one replied because its a wierd problem that is most likely your fault

Hello,

we have a problem on our servers.

When we started on a Map we get the error that TFAR is not installed on the Server but the Long Range Radios work, only the Short Range radios doesnt work. Anyone have an answer for this problem ?

Is something like spectator mode in acre planned? To recap how it works, it allows spectators to hear what the people on the field are saying and speak between spectator without people on the field hearing the spectators.

Would be a nice feature cause some communities play without respawn and spectating could be fun if you at least heard what is happening on the battlefield.

yep. want it too :)

Hello,

we have a problem on our servers.

When we started on a Map we get the error that TFAR is not installed on the Server but the Long Range Radios work, only the Short Range radios doesnt work. Anyone have an answer for this problem ?

Probably TFAR is not started for some reason - check logs...

I need some help with  getting the east AI squad leaders to spawn with the radio backpacks.

this worked for for giveing AI FADAK radios

{ if ( side _x == east ) then { _x unlinkItem "ItemRadio"; _x linkItem "tf_fadak"; }; } forEach allUnits;

and i thought if i tried this,  it would work

{ if ( side _x == east ) then { _x unlinkItem "ItemRadio"; _x linkItem "tf_mr3000"; }; } forEach squadleader;

but it does not,  (im not brilliant at scripting)

and i thought if i tried this,  it would work

{ if ( side _x == east ) then { _x unlinkItem "ItemRadio"; _x linkItem "tf_mr3000"; }; } forEach squadleader;

{
    if (side _x == east) then {
        private "_leader";
        _leader = leader _x;

_leader unlinkItem "ItemRadio";
        _leader linkItem "tf_mr3000";
    };
} forEach allGroups;

Was just wondering if it was possible to set Task Force Radio. So when I enter the server and complete loading in. It will move me down into a certain channel. I believe there is a setting on one of the radio moduels. Asking for the Teamspeak channel/password. I've done so. But I'm not sure it worked.

Was just wondering if it was possible to set Task Force Radio. So when I enter the server and complete loading in. It will move me down into a certain channel. I believe there is a setting on one of the radio moduels. Asking for the Teamspeak channel/password. I've done so. But I'm not sure it worked.

Channel should look exactly like "TaskForceRadio" with password 123 by default

You can also set a variable in-game with other channel name and password.

For the Arma-IL server I did it on a server-side mod, so all missions on the server have this feature automatically, and others who download the same mission will not need to edit it with whatever room name and password they use.

• Like 1

I was curious, I know there are soundproofed vehicles, but is it possible to soundproof a building or room?  I'm thinking something where we can have an interrogation space or something in multiplayer.

Hi ! I have update task force on my server and i want to have a larger zone to communicate with the personnal radio. I made alot test with your API but nothing work !

My test in the Init.sqf

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 20, true];

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 20, true];

----------

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 20.0];

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 20.0];

---------

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 30];

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 30];

player setVariable ["tf_terrain_interception_coefficient", 30];

Do you have an idea why it's doesnt work ?

Hi ! I have update task force on my server and i want to have a larger zone to communicate with the personnal radio. I made alot test with your API but nothing work !

My test in the Init.sqf

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 20, true];
player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 20, true];

----------

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 20.0];
player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 20.0];

---------

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 30];
player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 30];
player setVariable ["tf_terrain_interception_coefficient", 30];

Do you have an idea why it's doesnt work ?

answered on github

I was wondering, if was possible, to make AI respond to voices nearby. Like when you play a PvP, you need to be careful when talking, it would be really nice for coop to have a feature like that, certainly that would increase immersion a lot.

Thanks for this awesome mod, my community uses everyday and we couldn't be more happy with it.

Okay, so a few days ago I noticed my LR radio transmit was missing. I deleted all my mods and redownloaded the ones I use, and of course Task force radio. I went in just now to see if it worked and it is still missing as pictured here (Just took this) http://imgur.com/qul1M0z

I can still transmit on additional and Alternative, and still pull up the LR radio but I can not transmit with "CTRL CAPSLOCK"

Any advice please.

I reinstalled TFR, CBA from the website, yesterday still same problem.

I have tried just running CBA and TFR with this "Command Line Parameters ACE/TFAR: -mod=@ace;@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio " and I started my own game still same problem.

edit; fixed the problem, had to create a new profile and fixed it right up

• Like 1

Is it possible to decrease range of tfar in mission config?

I would like to simulate radio jamming and i wonder if it is possible at all.

Regards.

{
    if (side _x == east) then {
        private "_leader";
        _leader = leader _x;

_leader unlinkItem "ItemRadio";
        _leader linkItem "tf_mr3000";
    };
} forEach allGroups;

The mr3000 is a backpack radio.

Use

_leader addBackpack "tf_mr3000";

instead.

Is it possible to decrease range of tfar in mission config?

I would like to simulate radio jamming and i wonder if it is possible at all.

Regards.

I think you can change the terrain interception with a script, altering the TFAR module.

or, if it is a permane t state, change the terrain interception to some rediculpus high number

@nkey

btw I wanted to report I work with the simulated radios IRL. Namely the Rifleman, 152 and 117. Trust me the perform dar better IRL.

Rifleman radio allone is still usable at 5km, in a forrest. Wouldnt say its perfect but its workable.

Could we workout some realistic ranges?

I think you can change the terrain interception with a script, altering the TFAR module.

or, if it is a permane t state, change the terrain interception to some rediculpus high number

I have to ask...

in which script? Do you mean it is possible to change terrain interception on the fly during mission?

Or maybe there is some config?

Please, give me a hint.

Hey when i try use a radio it doesnt´t work :( as i cannot set freq but i can speak on the radio. It´s like my shitf+p doesn´t work but i haven´t changed any custom controls. Other than the radio TSF work fine :)

I have to ask...

in which script? Do you mean it is possible to change terrain interception on the fly during mission?

Or maybe there is some config?

Please, give me a hint.

With a script that you can make yourself.

Ask nkey for the function to change terrain interception.

btw I wanted to report I work with the simulated radios IRL. Namely the Rifleman, 152 and 117. Trust me the perform dar better IRL.

Rifleman radio allone is still usable at 5km, in a forrest. Wouldnt say its perfect but its workable.

But what would be the fun in that? By limiting the communicational resources of players you can create interesting and fun to play situations - even though they're not 100% accurate.

If you want to try it anyway, you can do that by using player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 2] and player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 0.5] from https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Variables

• Like 1

thnx!

I understand what you mean. But I'd say make them realistic by default and adjust to tase with the functions above.

In our case, we play on huge in-house made terrains. 40x40 is common. Not being able to talk to an aircraft thats only 20 km away with one of the LR radios is just silly.

thnx!

I understand what you mean. But I'd say make them realistic by default and adjust to tase with the functions above.

In our case, we play on huge in-house made terrains. 40x40 is common. Not being able to talk to an aircraft thats only 20 km away with one of the LR radios is just silly.

That might be true but since the most of people using TFR here do not have access to those 40x40 maps it would take a huge chunk of fun out of the stuff. 

Since terrains with 225 km² is considered a "Country" in Arma, you obviously have to scale down the distances for such thing like a Radio.

I mean, if there would be more of such big maps out there in the armaverse that be a great thing. (I love huge maps and would love to have thise 40x40 terrains) 

• Like 1