nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Thanks for this mod, I got it up and running fine on my dedicated server, one question:

Is there a way to remove the message "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1" for players that don't have the mod?

I wish for this mod to be optional and don't want the teams who dont use it to be bothered with this message.

- TRF is not working but the peep when using the radio works. The display also appears on bottom right for radio talk. We hear each other in TS normally, no TRF active :(

Thanks for this mod, I got it up and running fine on my dedicated server, one question:

Is there a way to remove the message "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1" for players that don't have the mod?

I wish for this mod to be optional and don't want the teams who dont use it to be bothered with this message.

Check mission code for onEachFrame

Hm... Check this code - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio/functions/fn_ServerInit.sqf#L117

You need to use some script (init.sqf probably) to set this variable in player object

I noticed your "Use someone elses' backpack ticket" having a bit of discussion on how to achieve it. Couldn't it be done by allowing you to speak through the radio overlay and then enabling you to open the radio overlay of someone's backpack?

Is there more radio models (mean backpack) planned to be added?

Does the editor module: TFAR - Enforce Usage work? Everyone gets long range radio regardless of what I choose.

I noticed your "Use someone elses' backpack ticket" having a bit of discussion on how to achieve it. Couldn't it be done by allowing you to speak through the radio overlay and then enabling you to open the radio overlay of someone's backpack?

Yes, as possible solution.

Is there more radio models (mean backpack) planned to be added?

Currently no plans - no new models ready.

Does the editor module: TFAR - Enforce Usage work? Everyone gets long range radio regardless of what I choose.

Hm... Maybe overriden by other property somewhere? I'll check.

After playing a game with TFR, whenever people join the server the next time, 7/10 times they are locally muted for me still. How do we stop this from happening? It used to happen loads in the early days of TFR, then stopped for a while and recently it's back.

• Like 1

Hey, everyone. Before I start coding anything, is there a feature somewhere where the direct speech volume automatically switches to "yelling" if you're in a firefight?

Often times teammates will forget and leave it at whispering, and you can't hear anything they say during combat. I had this idea earlier, and will maybe write something down if it doesn't turn out too performance consuming. Is there such a thing somewhere already?

• Like 1

After playing a game with TFR, whenever people join the server the next time, 7/10 times they are locally muted for me still. How do we stop this from happening? It used to happen loads in the early days of TFR, then stopped for a while and recently it's back.

Probably are you disabling plugin after game, right?

Hey, everyone. Before I start coding anything, is there a feature somewhere where the direct speech volume automatically switches to "yelling" if you're in a firefight?

Often times teammates will forget and leave it at whispering, and you can't hear anything they say during combat. I had this idea earlier, and will maybe write something down if it doesn't turn out too performance consuming. Is there such a thing somewhere already?

Good idea!  I haven't heard about about such script yet.

Can someone explain the Terrain Interception Coefficient to me? It's in the enforce module and the default is 7. What happens when you make this number go up and down?

Good idea!  I haven't heard about about such script yet.

Okay, so I put together some quick and dirty code (emphasis on quick). It shouldn't be overwriting any TFAR variables or keybinds, which would be terrible. Some tweaking may be necessary.

Here's how it is right now:

- Ctrl + Shift + Tab toggles Auto Speaking Volume. It detects gunfire up to 50 meters away.
- If enabled, volumes can still be manually selected with Ctrl + Tab (TFAR default).
- Manually selected volumes (whispering/normal) will be used when not in a firefight.
- Volume is set to "yelling" by default when entering a vehicle, where it can also be manually adjusted.
- Silenced gunfire is ignored by the Event Handler.
- Does not influence radio transmission volume, as always.

Example mission - TFAR Auto Volume v0.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dp9znraivi25rm/AutoSpeakVol.Stratis.zip?dl=0

If anyone is interested, please feel free to adapt/change/improve this!

To prevent future teamspeak permissions issues, just create a room with no password, make sure everyone can join it (just to test that it is set up correctly), and only then edit the room to have a password. That way you rule out any non-TFR-related issues.

• Like 1

Is there a way to determine if TFR has been fully initialized? There doesn't seem to be a variable or function that can be queried to let a client know that TFR is fully setup and ready to go. I'm trying to hook the OnSpeak event but its not functioning and I believe it may be because I'm trying to invoke the event before TFR is finished initializing. 

Does the tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator variable brute force limit sending range as if there was a wall around the unit or does it fully simulate restricted range with static and breaking audio and such? I'd like to create a mission where the presence of a radio jammer negatively effects the player's radios.

Here;s a strange request.Simply for immersion,when calling in Ai support/CAS -instead of using the "radio" keys 1-8 is there a way to use one of this mods actual radios?Like pressing keys on it etc instead of just the little support menu from the vanilla game?i know this is not TFAR's intention,but could be cool

Can someone explain the Terrain Interception Coefficient to me? It's in the enforce module and the default is 7. What happens when you make this number go up and down?

Larger value - terrain stop radio signal more intensive.

Is there a way to determine if TFR has been fully initialized? There doesn't seem to be a variable or function that can be queried to let a client know that TFR is fully setup and ready to go. I'm trying to hook the OnSpeak event but its not functioning and I believe it may be because I'm trying to invoke the event before TFR is finished initializing. 

Does the tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator variable brute force limit sending range as if there was a wall around the unit or does it fully simulate restricted range with static and breaking audio and such? I'd like to create a mission where the presence of a radio jammer negatively effects the player's radios.

Jammer... There is already script for that somewhere in thread... https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp7lg3b0tz0u2xj/interference.Stratis.zip?dl=0

Regarding OnSpeak... Probably it is not works for current player... Could you please try with other player?

Hello!

The OnRadiosReceived eventhandler does not trigger when a player picks an radio from the ground using his inventory, is this intentional? 

If it is, is there any other way to detect a player picking a radio from the ground other than using the take eventhandler?

Okay, There's just so much on this thread it's really hard to go through it all and see if this has already been answered so I apologize if it has been answered in the past. 

Is there a way to disable TFAR on death so a user gets moved out of the channel? OR a way to move someone to another channel when they die? 

I've been looking at the wiki for a method to do this and have come up short handed. 

I figure it would have to do with something along the lines of 

if {!(player alive)} then

{

something

}

else

{

something

};

Okay, There's just so much on this thread it's really hard to go through it all and see if this has already been answered so I apologize if it has been answered in the past. 

Is there a way to disable TFAR on death so a user gets moved out of the channel? OR a way to move someone to another channel when they die? 

I've been looking at the wiki for a method to do this and have come up short handed. 

I figure it would have to do with something along the lines of 

{

something

}

else

{

somethingju

};

I'm assuming you want this feature so when people die you can't hear them?

Create a channel in your team speak called TaskForceRadio with a password 123 just like that. And bingo problem solved.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you want this feature so when people die you can't hear them?

Create a channel in your team speak called TaskForceRadio with a password 123 just like that. And bingo problem solved.

Well, not just that. I want the dead to be able to speak to themselves while spectating. I've attempted to set up 2 separate  TFAR_ModuleTaskForceRadioEnforceUsage modules:

1. Named Is_Alive

2. Named Is_Dead

Then calling in a script 

{

[] call Is_Dead 

}

else

{

[] call Is_Alive

};

But this seems to not work

Hi Nkey, thank you for such a good mod, you were asked a couple of months back about the potential of adding in radio repeaters have you had any luck with this, is it something that you may be looking at or is it going to be a long term project?  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hello!

The OnRadiosReceived eventhandler does not trigger when a player picks an radio from the ground using his inventory, is this intentional? 

If it is, is there any other way to detect a player picking a radio from the ground other than using the take eventhandler?

Looks like only take handler at the moment....