nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

ok i' still having issues with the long range radios, even using Azzas script above, for some reason its just not syncing them (sort range radios are fine though!) so i'm starting to think its a problem with my reskins, even though i cant see how it might be as they work just fine otherwise  :huh:

Hi, I think that after update TFAR I lost my end/start communications sounds (pip). Does anyone knows how to re-activated this sounds? Thanks

Check TS sound playback settings..

Hmmm....it's only me, or having TFAR addon enabled makes people voices lower than normal?? Don't know if it is the recent update of Teamspeak, or the update to Win 10

Hm... Could you please install previous version and confirm if TS update issue?

I took your last post to mean that you needed to do some testing to figure out the issue i was having with the longrange radios, sorry if i misunderstood! :)

Also, i've been trying to make the:

["processPlayerPositionsHandler", "onEachFrame"] call BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;

code work to disable TFAR for 1 mission, but i'm not having any luck at all, i'm guessing i need to do slightly more than putting it in the init.sqf?

Put in init.sqf with delay of some seconds...

Hey I was wondering if there is a way you can add filtered voice to vehicles, for example if sitting in an Apache or some training jet and you press button to talk your voice will be slightly radio filtrated and will sound simillar to like on the radio. 

Planned for next update.

Is there a way to set my frequencies in advance? Maybe in userconfig? If not, is it something that could be added? I see that it can be altered by a script placed in the mission, altered for everyone, but I should be able to do it for just myself somehow.

Also, is there any plan to add channel titles to the GUI that pops up on the bottom right corner when you transmit? So when you transmit, in addition to displaying the frequency, it might also have a label like "Tactical Air Control"?

Since TS update 3.0.17 we experience all kinds of issues. Starting with not being switched to the TFAR channel.

Anyone else having this issue?

Since TS update 3.0.17 we experience all kinds of issues. Starting with not being switched to the TFAR channel.

Anyone else having this issue?

TS update is only change in configuration?

So we use a template for our init.sqf for our mission builders and somehow it doesn't for CSAT forces and I'm completely stumped why.

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
publicVariable "tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

_settingsLRWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings; 
_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLRWest; 
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";

_settingsSwEast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;                          // pre define the SW freqs
_settingsSwEast set [2, ["210","211","212","213","214","215","216","217"]];
tf_freq_east = _settingsSwEast;
publicVariable "tf_freq_east";

_settingsLREast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings;                            // pre define the LR freqs
_settingsLREast set [2, ["20","21","22","23","24","25","26","27","28"]]; 
tf_freq_east_lr = _settingsLREast;
publicVariable "tf_freq_east_lr";

This is the code used, works fine for WEST, but not for EAST (CSAT) forces. This leads to radios and backpacks! being removed, even though teamleads should not be getting backpacks in the first place.

Somehow it works (sporadically), but I'm still not sure that this is the right way to do this - any help would be appreciated.

I cannot get any sound at all using the radios.

TS3 version 3017

Channel in TS3 is taskforceradio

All folders are where they are supposed to be.

CBA version 2.0

TFAR latest version

So we get automatically moved into taskforceradio and the plugin boxes are checked and we can hear the radio squelch but we cannot hear each other on the radio at all. Any help would be appreciated. I have already watched 20 videos on YouTube ensuring that everything is installed correctly. We made sure radio channels and frequencies where the same also, what am I missing here?

I cannot get any sound at all using the radios.

TS3 version 3017

Channel in TS3 is taskforceradio

All folders are where they are supposed to be.

CBA version 2.0

TFAR latest version

So we get automatically moved into taskforceradio and the plugin boxes are checked and we can hear the radio squelch but we cannot hear each other on the radio at all. Any help would be appreciated. I have already watched 20 videos on YouTube ensuring that everything is installed correctly. We made sure radio channels and frequencies where the same also, what am I missing here?

But is 3D audio works?

Hi nkey,

So I am having what seems to be a rare problem with my task force radio. The mod that I play in only uses the AN/PRC 152 radios (5kms), what happens is when I use the radio people cannot clearly hear me if I am not within 2 - 2.5 kms away. Everyone else in the group can hear each other just fine further than that distance. I can have someone next to me talking to a friend that is 3 - 5 kms away but that same person cannot hear me speak. Even if they are about 3 kms away they can't understand what I am saying. So it's a range issue I am having with the radio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TFR and been in the this particular mod support channel but they too are having trouble helping me. One of the support members says his friend had the same issue but does not know if he ever got it resolved. I was hoping maybe you could help shed light on this situation and help me get this working correctly. Thanks so much for your time!

Hey, using the latest version of CBA (v2.0.0.150817). When Ingame with my milsim unit we all get the same message in the bottom left hand corner of our screen. The message being "waiting for custom radio channel". The message would then disappear but would change our Short range radios channel and freq (we use the tf_anprc152_1, short range radio). After about 5-10min the message would re-appear. Changing our channel and freqency yet again.

EDIT: Disregard was my scripts fault.

Hi nkey,

So I am having what seems to be a rare problem with my task force radio. The mod that I play in only uses the AN/PRC 152 radios (5kms), what happens is when I use the radio people cannot clearly hear me if I am not within 2 - 2.5 kms away. Everyone else in the group can hear each other just fine further than that distance. I can have someone next to me talking to a friend that is 3 - 5 kms away but that same person cannot hear me speak. Even if they are about 3 kms away they can't understand what I am saying. So it's a range issue I am having with the radio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TFR and been in the this particular mod support channel but they too are having trouble helping me. One of the support members says his friend had the same issue but does not know if he ever got it resolved. I was hoping maybe you could help shed light on this situation and help me get this working correctly. Thanks so much for your time!

Hm... Happens always?

Hm... Happens always?

Yes. With the support guys from the mod we've uninstalled Teamspeak 3, uninstalled TFR, uninstalled the mod, and then reinstalled all of them. I've changed out the radios with friends and also bought different radios (of the same type) to try that as well. I'm not sure but I think it's an issue with my files somehow. But they've even used Teamviewer to assist me to make sure file placement was correct, all to no avail.

Is it possible to improve the intercom system in vehicles? It is no way near loud enough for when you are crewing a vehicle especially in tanks where there is constant loud noises. It's only solveable at the moment by turning down the in-game sound.

Greetings,

the update for TFAR was necessary as it appears that the userconfig files have not been placed properly in the previous version. We have moved the userconfig files into the correct structure.

My apologies for the version confusion. Since we only support four iterations of numbers I could not add another sub digit.

• Like 2

Am i wrong or TFAR lower general ts sounds?

Playing arma with TFAR i need to lower general volume too much to be able to hear not radio comms.

Thx for your attention!

Am i wrong or TFAR lower general ts sounds?

Playing arma with TFAR i need to lower general volume too much to be able to hear not radio comms.

Thx for your attention!

Same here, already asked but seemed no one was having the problem.

Which Operating System and TS3 version are you using?

will work this code on dedicated server?

init.sqf

if (isNil "tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator") then {

if (side player == West) then {    

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        player addEventhandler ["respawn", {player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];}];
    };
};
};

};

if (isNil "tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator") then {

if (side player == West) then {    

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        player addEventhandler ["respawn", {player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];}];
    };
};  
};

};

Then later in mission, when player deploy a radio tower, radio send/receive range increase

radio.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {}; // Server only
{
 if (side _x == West) then {    
_x setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];
_x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        _x addEventhandler ["respawn", {_x setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];}];
        _x addEventhandler ["respawn", {_x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];}];

};
};
};

} foreach (playableUnits + switchableUnits);

EDIT

nvm... 1.50 screwed up everything...

When is this expected to be released on steam workshop?