nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Iv noticed a major FPS drop when using Zeus while TFAR is launched as well... Can it be fixed?

The end of my transmission is usually cut towards the end. I'm sure I keep the PTT pressed until after I speak so I don't know what can cause this. Is anyone else getting that or has any idea what I could do? See this video for examples, I'm the leader in this mission:

Yep.....

Wow I thought it was just me... I actually assumed my thumb button was worn on the mouse....

But it seems perfect everywhere else..

I get 75% through and "beep.." it cuts and I have to 're-click'

1) Will think about it.

Hm.... Try to check your PPT delay settings and TS and change it (increase or decrease).

Thanks nkey, I hope that's not too soon to say so, but it seems like that did the trick!

Guys if you have this problem, open Teamspeak and go to Settings > Options > Capture and set "Delay releasing Push-To-Talk" to something like 0.6 seconds.

Completely forgot to test this.... Will give it a go... thanks

Iv noticed a major FPS drop when using Zeus while TFAR is launched as well... Can it be fixed?

^^

+ Can you please try to make Big Radio with green camo for bluefor (Like for Israel Defense Forces)...

Thanks!

Waiting for some CBA support to fix it...

Has anyone noticed any problems associated with upgrading to Windows 10. I made the upgrade when it released and haven't experienced a problem with anything else. However, the Task Force Arrowhead Radio no longer works with Teamspeak. I know how to set up TFAR so the problem isn't that I don't know what i'm doing. Everything is exactly where it should be, but nothing works. The TFAR message that opens with Teamspeak does no pop up upon startup nor does it display as a plugin in the top menu. If someone has run into something similar or knows a fix please share.

Has anyone noticed any problems associated with upgrading to Windows 10. I made the upgrade when it released and haven't experienced a problem with anything else. However, the Task Force Arrowhead Radio no longer works with Teamspeak. I know how to set up TFAR so the problem isn't that I don't know what i'm doing. Everything is exactly where it should be, but nothing works. The TFAR message that opens with Teamspeak does no pop up upon startup nor does it display as a plugin in the top menu. If someone has run into something similar or knows a fix please share.

I have few success report from Win10 users.....

I have few success report from Win10 users.....

Doing fine here.

Waiting for some CBA support to fix it...

Ok thanks!

And one more question, Can you please try to make a new skin for long range radio with Israel Defense Forces Camo (I asked before long time but didn't got answer).

Thanks again!

Hey! I have a small idea for the TFAR-mod.

I was looking at the Bomb Patrol-series on Netflix this weekend and I notice something that could simplify the communication in vehicles, a intercom-system. Because hearing inside a vehicle in Arma 3 can sometimes be VERY difficult.

Basicly I thought that you could have a independet system for communicating inside the vehicles. You could use the scroll-menu to choose Plug-in/Plug-out to connect your headset to the intercom-system, then you use the ordinary talk-button (Caps-lock) to communicate via the intercom (it replaces the ordinary talking inside the vehicle). That way you have the radio untouched.

I think it could be a nice extension to TFAR and would increase the immersion even more.

So i've got some questions on set ups etc. Our group likes (needs!) pre-set channels and freqs, this we've done with the modules (TFAR freq -" synced objects only") and a bit of scripintg, but it only works when the group has a team leader, which is a problem sometimes, specialy when we dont have many players and so we take an extra automatic riflemen from another group etc, as that person then has to configure all their channels. Now if i set the TFAR freq module to "objects in synced triggers", the freqs and script work perfectly SW radios, however the LR radios dont have the pre-set freqs at all. Any ideas on whats causing the LR radios work?? We do use group markers so maybe thats the issue? but if so then why do they work fine with the modules set to "synced objects only"?

Heres one of the mission templates we use, includes all the scripts etc etc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34537696/SHQ_MissionTemplate_AAF.Altis.rar

Teamspeak wants to update. Is it safe to do it without breaking TFAR?

I updated TS3 before a coop game yesterday evening and had no issues at all, thankfully :)

Ok thanks!

And one more question, Can you please try to make a new skin for long range radio with Israel Defense Forces Camo (I asked before long time but didn't got answer).

Thanks again!

Could you find some camo texture? Or modify this one (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/tree/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio_items/models/data/camo) ?

Hey! I have a small idea for the TFAR-mod.

I was looking at the Bomb Patrol-series on Netflix this weekend and I notice something that could simplify the communication in vehicles, a intercom-system. Because hearing inside a vehicle in Arma 3 can sometimes be VERY difficult.

Basicly I thought that you could have a independet system for communicating inside the vehicles. You could use the scroll-menu to choose Plug-in/Plug-out to connect your headset to the intercom-system, then you use the ordinary talk-button (Caps-lock) to communicate via the intercom (it replaces the ordinary talking inside the vehicle). That way you have the radio untouched.

I think it could be a nice extension to TFAR and would increase the immersion even more.

Yep, some kind of vechicle intercom is thing I wanna to make too.

So i've got some questions on set ups etc. Our group likes (needs!) pre-set channels and freqs, this we've done with the modules (TFAR freq -" synced objects only") and a bit of scripintg, but it only works when the group has a team leader, which is a problem sometimes, specialy when we dont have many players and so we take an extra automatic riflemen from another group etc, as that person then has to configure all their channels. Now if i set the TFAR freq module to "objects in synced triggers", the freqs and script work perfectly SW radios, however the LR radios dont have the pre-set freqs at all. Any ideas on whats causing the LR radios work?? We do use group markers so maybe thats the issue? but if so then why do they work fine with the modules set to "synced objects only"?

It is possible to copy settings from one radio to another (with all freqs)

Regarding "objects in synced triggers"  not sure here - need to test,.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a question. A friend of mine tried to install TFAR in A2CO, despite his TS3's status showing "CONNECTED: Y and PLAYING: Y" his radios won't work. Everybody can hear him through TS and he can hear everybody, we tried reinstall it, clean reinstall it, but no solution so far. Anybody had this problem and achieved a solution?

Thanks

It is possible to copy settings from one radio to another (with all freqs)

Regarding "objects in synced triggers"  not sure here - need to test,.

any luck on this at all? :)

How do you add longrange radios to modded vehicles? Sry if its already posted in thread.

been using this radio addon since v0.81 and no regret.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a question. A friend of mine tried to install TFAR in A2CO, despite his TS3's status showing "CONNECTED: Y and PLAYING: Y" his radios won't work. Everybody can hear him through TS and he can hear everybody, we tried reinstall it, clean reinstall it, but no solution so far. Anybody had this problem and achieved a solution?

Thanks

:( A2 version is not made by me - can't help here.....

any luck on this at all? :)

Not sure I got you :)

How do you add longrange radios to modded vehicles? Sry if its already posted in thread.

Hope this helps - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-For-developers

Hmmm....it's only me, or having TFAR addon enabled makes people voices lower than normal?? Don't know if it is the recent update of Teamspeak, or the update to Win 10

Hi, I think that after update TFAR I lost my end/start communications sounds (pip). Does anyone knows how to re-activated this sounds? Thanks

Not sure I got you :)

I took your last post to mean that you needed to do some testing to figure out the issue i was having with the longrange radios, sorry if i misunderstood! :)

Also, i've been trying to make the:

["processPlayerPositionsHandler", "onEachFrame"] call BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;

code work to disable TFAR for 1 mission, but i'm not having any luck at all, i'm guessing i need to do slightly more than putting it in the init.sqf?

Hello :)

Will there be Long Range Radios with German army desert tarn (Bundeswehr Tropentarn), too, maybe? Or are they already available and I just overlooked them?

And anyone else trying to figure out how to setup TFR frequencies.

We have never used the TFR modules because we have found the script way is more reliable. Tweak the entries to suit your unit...

init.sqf, or if your mission template is advanced then it goes in initServer.sqf

// TFR mod configuration
#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;                  // all players have the same radio which can be edited
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;                                      // do not give TL's a long range backpack
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;                                     // do not give micro dagr players
publicVariable "tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;                             // same SW freqs for each side
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;                               // same LR freqs for each side
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;                          // pre define the SW freqs
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

_settingsLRWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings;                            // pre define the LR freqs
_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLRWest; 
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
  • Like 1

Hey I was wondering if there is a way you can add filtered voice to vehicles, for example if sitting in an Apache or some training jet and you press button to talk your voice will be slightly radio filtrated and will sound simillar to like on the radio.