nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

When ever I use this in a multiplayer mission it says "Pipe error 6" how do i fix this? I cant find a tutorial on how to put into missions either, if anyone can find one can you include the link in a response? Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: It was because I wasnt in my teamspeak server.

Edited by xxninjabudderxx

Hi there

nKey a couple of questions for you.

1 : Is that possible to have LR radio on vehicles on the passenger next to the driver seat, like in helicopters ? (on hatchback / pickup / etc...)

2 : would it be possible for you to add a Backpack jammer like this one :

http://www.gasiajammer.com/App_Uploads/maker/web/1744-1.jpg

The functionnality would be to dissalow coms within a range EXCEPT the freq you define on this backpack radio interface.

To not be over cheated, the backpack could have a battery of like 15 minutes that discharge quicklier if you higher the jamming range

1) Could you add more details?

2) There is already script for radio jammer

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Hello.

Is it possible that TFAR interfer somehow with A3 VON?

I ask because recently i have problem evidently connected with configuration of serwer (i am not sure if A3 or TeamSpeak): I am unable to talk using VON when TFAR is active.

However on second pair (another A3 server and another TS) such coexistence goes properly and there is no problems.

Are there some settings connected with TFAR that restrict availability of A3 VON on A3 dedicated server or maybe there are such config settings on TS server (related to TaskForceRadio channel)?

How to deal with it?

It is just because same keybinding...

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Is there a "correct" way to save a radio?

As in, from radio class name with ID, get a no-ID class name plus some kind of data that can be saved in a way that can be loaded later to configure a new radio.

Something like:

// For saving.
if ([_item] call fnc_isRadio) then
{
 _baseRadio = [_item] call fnc_baseRadioName;
 _config = [_item] call fnc_radioConfig;
 // Save it somewhere
}

// For loading
[_baseRadio, _config] call fnc_addRadioWithConfig;

Check

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setSwSettings

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_isRadio

Also, to get "prototype" radio - just get parent class name.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Hey there, I've got a minor bug on my server, we just updated to 0.9.8 from 0.9.7 with our monthly mod update, and we have working TFAR Radios, working IDs and assignments, but no direct speech or positional sound. You can see people's rank indicator changing to indicate the fact that they are speaking, but we can hear them directly from TS, rather than the positional audio and the fade-away from distance.

Radios seem to work correctly, and fade with distance properly

RPTs indicate no error with TFAR, both client side (from 3 players) and server side.

I've confirmed that no mods are interfering with TFAR from either server end nor client end.

Also tested with additional clients, so now 6 players are having the issue.

Cannot isolate issue to other mods, same problem occurs whilst running just CBA, ACE3 and TFAR, much less the other 50 mods.

Are you sure plugins are updated?

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

When ever I use this in a multiplayer mission it says "Pipe error 6" how do i fix this? I cant find a tutorial on how to put into missions either, if anyone can find one can you include the link in a response? Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: It was because I wasnt in my teamspeak server.

Try to run everything as admin, also, check TS plugin is enabled.

Yes, plugins are updated. We just rolled back to 0.9.7 for now, for both server, clients, and HCs on our server, and I'll do a quick test tonight during our weekly op to see if it works.

--

CBA is up-to-date (We tried using both the version provided in the TFAR download, as well as the version located on the CBA's forum page, which is slightly newer)

TFAR was taken from your own TFAR website, and the TS3 plugin was also updated from that same RAR file.

I did confirm all 6 users (including myself) had the same issue on our server. The TFAR plugin reported version 0.9.8 on all clients from within TS3.

--

Since our go-to plugin is TFAR, both the playerbase and myself would love to see this fixed, and if you require RPTs or anything else, whether from players or server, feel free to message me.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

It is just because same keybinding...

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Check

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setSwSettings

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_isRadio

Also, to get "prototype" radio - just get parent class name.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Are you sure plugins are updated?

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Try to run everything as admin, also, check TS plugin is enabled.

Can you make maybe big radio and small one with only clean green camo? so it will fit to Israel Defense forces? Thank you very much~!

Updated mod v0.9.8.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

FIX for TeamSpeak Plugins not being installed properly.

Edited by kecharles28

From where this v0.9.8.1 come out? On GitHub and here I can see only v0.9.8

TFR are not set version when release new plugin.

Github v0.9.8 = PWS v0.9.8.1

The end of my transmission is usually cut towards the end. I'm sure I keep the PTT pressed until after I speak so I don't know what can cause this. Is anyone else getting that or has any idea what I could do? See this video for examples, I'm the leader in this mission:

Yep.....

Wow I thought it was just me... I actually assumed my thumb button was worn on the mouse....

But it seems perfect everywhere else..

I get 75% through and "beep.." it cuts and I have to 're-click'

Yep.....

Wow I thought it was just me... I actually assumed my thumb button was worn on the mouse....

But it seems perfect everywhere else..

I get 75% through and "beep.." it cuts and I have to 're-click'

hehe :) I went through the same process. Some others on our coop nights have the same issue, and at first I yelled at them to keep on pressing the PTT all the way through the transmission. nkey, can you please advise?

Same issue (transmission cuts out according to others but I keep PTT button pressed). Like serjames I just assumed a problem with the physical button...

1) : Well, on cars like hatchback or pickup, or trucks, only the driver has the vehicle LR radio.

But, in choppers, the copilot has also a radio.

So, is that possible to do the same thing for each vehicles ?

2) : Really ? Where ? How ? ^^

1) : Well, on cars like hatchback or pickup, or trucks, only the driver has the vehicle LR radio.

But, in choppers, the copilot has also a radio.

So, is that possible to do the same thing for each vehicles ?

2) : Really ? Where ? How ? ^^

1) Will think about it.

2) some where in thread script was mentioned.... need to search for it

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

The end of my transmission is usually cut towards the end. I'm sure I keep the PTT pressed until after I speak so I don't know what can cause this. Is anyone else getting that or has any idea what I could do? See this video for examples, I'm the leader in this mission:

Hm.... Try to check your PPT delay settings and TS and change it (increase or decrease).

Nkey have you thought of making radios a physical object that you can drop and place into backpacks? Perhaps only modelling certain antennas that will raise out of most backpacks?

Also another question, every thought of having a helicopter radio effect? E.g. if two pilots have pilot helmets on in an aircraft, when they speak over 3D audio, they are actually speaking into a headset and have said effect (without the beeps). However if one doesn't have a helmet, it will be very difficult to speak to them.

Edited by Singleton

Hey there, I've got a minor bug on my server, we just updated to 0.9.8 from 0.9.7 with our monthly mod update, and we have working TFAR Radios, working IDs and assignments, but no direct speech or positional sound. You can see people's rank indicator changing to indicate the fact that they are speaking, but we can hear them directly from TS, rather than the positional audio and the fade-away from distance.

Radios seem to work correctly, and fade with distance properly

RPTs indicate no error with TFAR, both client side (from 3 players) and server side.

I've confirmed that no mods are interfering with TFAR from either server end nor client end.

Also tested with additional clients, so now 6 players are having the issue.

Cannot isolate issue to other mods, same problem occurs whilst running just CBA, ACE3 and TFAR, much less the other 50 mods.

I'm experiencing this same problem. Direct speech does not work in game. We hear everyone in TS3 normally. Radios do work, but it's not like it matters when everyone can hear everything.

Also, the preset radio frequencies only work in the editor preview, and not on the dedicated server? I wonder what I've done wrong.

Edited by AviatorMoser

I'm experiencing this same problem. Direct speech does not work in game. We hear everyone in TS3 normally. Radios do work, but it's not like it matters when everyone can hear everything.

Also, the preset radio frequencies only work in the editor preview, and not on the dedicated server? I wonder what I've done wrong.

Are you use ACE too?

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Nkey have you thought of making radios a physical object that you can drop and place into backpacks? Perhaps only modelling certain antennas that will raise out of most backpacks?

Also another question, every thought of having a helicopter radio effect? E.g. if two pilots have pilot helmets on in an aircraft, when they speak over 3D audio, they are actually speaking into a headset and have said effect (without the beeps). However if one doesn't have a helmet, it will be very difficult to speak to them.

1) could you add more detalis please

2) yep, thinking about it

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Also, have you tried clear arma profile and vanilla mission?

I find it hard to believe so many people have problems with Task Force Radio. Out of all of the ArmA 3 mods TFAR is pretty much the most stable and reliable of any of them.

As someone who has over 50 people in their unit who plays with another unit who has close to that number as well and everyone works fine.

The only reason you would be having problems with it is if the end user hasn't installed it correctly or it hasn't been installed correctly on the server.

I will point out though, we could never get any version of TFAR downloaded off PlayWithSix to work on our server (although users have no problem) we always had to use the official website version on our server.

To the Devs: Have you considered making a simple install program .exe for your mod instead of getting people to unzip to different folders. Just have an automatic installer that asks for the ArmA 3 directory for the Userconfig, the Mod folder to install the @ folder and the Teamspeak 3 folder. That way in the install people could just point the program to the directories and let the .exe take care of the rest.

Are you use ACE too?

Also, have you tried clear arma profile and vanilla mission?

Yes and yes, we've have it working fine on some missions on ACE. Direct speech works as it should. However, on other missions the direct speech does not work correctly. For example, we have an Alive ACE mission on Takistan and it works perfectly. However, on Isla Duala it has never worked properly. Is there some kind of map dependency?

I find it hard to believe so many people have problems with Task Force Radio. Out of all of the ArmA 3 mods TFAR is pretty much the most stable and reliable of any of them.

As someone who has over 50 people in their unit who plays with another unit who has close to that number as well and everyone works fine.

The only reason you would be having problems with it is if the end user hasn't installed it correctly or it hasn't been installed correctly on the server.

I will point out though, we could never get any version of TFAR downloaded off PlayWithSix to work on our server (although users have no problem) we always had to use the official website version on our server.

Installation isn't a problem. Everyone has it installed correctly within our group. We're quite experienced with building missions as we've been doing this for years. The issue is that TFAR is not working consistently from mission to mission. When it works perfectly on one map for everyone, and then not at all for everyone on a different map, we know it's not an installation problem.

Installation isn't a problem. Everyone has it installed correctly within our group. We're quite experienced with building missions as we've been doing this for years. The issue is that TFAR is not working consistently from mission to mission. When it works perfectly on one map for everyone, and then not at all for everyone on a different map, we know it's not an installation problem.

Are you sure you are all using the same frequencies? Some missions will run scripts to fix frequencies and/or configure TFAR to end up with desired frequencies by default, while some don't.

Is direct chat working in all missions? Or is it broken for you as well?

For us, the only (technical) issue with TFAR currently is bugs in Play withSIX that prevent SIX from copying the userconfig and .dll files into the appropriate directory, which requires the users to do so manually, which most don't know how to do.

Does someone else noticed that the range of the default speaking volume ist shorter than the previous versions?

Is there a way to increase the speaking range for the different volume settings?

Are you sure you are all using the same frequencies? Some missions will run scripts to fix frequencies and/or configure TFAR to end up with desired frequencies by default, while some don't.

Is direct chat working in all missions? Or is it broken for you as well?

For us, the only (technical) issue with TFAR currently is bugs in Play withSIX that prevent SIX from copying the userconfig and .dll files into the appropriate directory, which requires the users to do so manually, which most don't know how to do.

I can assure you, everyone in our group knows the TS3 plugins have to be installed manually. How else would it interface with TS3?

Radios work fine. The voice modulation, distortion, etc. works fantastic. Direct speech does not work correctly on Isla Duala. You can hear everyone talk normally in TS3 even if you are standing 10 km away. How the radios function correctly, but the direct speech doesn't is beyond me. For whatever reason, it does not work on Isla Duala.

Edited by AviatorMoser

My team had a similar issue in a mission where the TFAR-module was accidently placed twice. Otherwise TFAR works fine for us on Isla Duala.

I can assure you, everyone in our group knows the TS3 plugins have to be installed manually. How else would it interface with TS3?

PWS used to copy the DLL flawlessly to the correct Teamspeak folder. Same goes for userconfig. Unfortunately, recently I see more and more issues people have with this (and therefore need to manually copy, which wasn't needed in the past due to PWS doing it), and I've had this issue myself a few times.

+1 we had MAJOR issues because the most recent DLL change didn't propagate properly on Update.

PwS seems to update the plugin on launching ArmA and it can't do it if TS3 is running, which makes it a bit convoluted. I haven't checked when it updates the userconfig.