nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

What is the link for that? I only see 0.9.7 on this thread.

Fixed first post.

Hey,

Is there any known issues assigning radio's (LR and per) using BI Virtual Arsenal? Last night TFR became unusable as it was repeatedly assigning radios to the team and changing the FREQ's.

We recently updated to 9.8 and had no other issues before this. So the only changes are the use of VA to assign gear inc radio's and the update.

Hey,

Is there any known issues assigning radio's (LR and per) using BI Virtual Arsenal? Last night TFR became unusable as it was repeatedly assigning radios to the team and changing the FREQ's.

We recently updated to 9.8 and had no other issues before this. So the only changes are the use of VA to assign gear inc radio's and the update.

Could you please provide more details to reproduce issue at my side?

He might be talking about how the frequency om backpack radios resets every time you open virtual arsenal, or when HALO jumping where the backpack goes on your chest. So you have to reset the frequency every time you use arsenal or HALO.

Warning!

Just noticied 0.9.8 package had plugins on wrong location - make sure you have them correctly updated.

0.9.8 package updated on radio.task-force.ru/en

Armaholic, PWS, could you please update your packages if required?

Thanks a lot!

Warning!

Just noticied 0.9.8 package had plugins on wrong location - make sure you have them correctly updated.

0.9.8 package updated on radio.task-force.ru/en

Armaholic, PWS, could you please update your packages if required?

Thanks a lot!

Strange, I updated on PwS a couple of days ago and that correctly updated my TS3 plugin, so maybe they corrected the package already.

Same issue here.

At first we thought it happens every time when someone loads the Arsenal, but it was still the case when no one used it.

Respawn did not help. And restarting the server or the mission neither had an effect.

Edit: It seems that switching TS channels helped. Very odd.

Edited by R3vo

Same issue here.

At first we thought it happens every time when someone loads the Arsenal, but it was still the case when no one used it.

Respawn did not help. And restarting the server or the mission neither had an effect.

Edit: It seems that switching TS channels helped. Very odd.

This is to do with each radio being assigned a unique ID. When you save a loadout in the Arsenal, it also saves the radio's UID. Someone else might save their loadout at another time and share the same radio ID as you. This means that, when you both load your loadouts while being on the same server, your radios will conflict.

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Ask people to make sure they don't have a radio on them when saving loadouts (or at least change their radio when loading a loadout).

2. Create a script/mod that automatically replaces conflicting radio IDs when you load your loadout (what we do).

I thought nkey had resolved the duplicate id issue, is it still about then?

I am constantly getting task force arrowhead not deployed on server.. I've never had this issue before. I can equip radios.. they don't get assigned ID's.. 3D positional sound when people are talking without radios works but radios do not. I have the mod installed as well as the userconfig folder.. any ideas? And yes i am running latest CBA

Quick question, my unit had issues setting additional channels on radios last night. If I put C1 on 32.1 and then set A1 to 42.1. C1 would get reset to A1..and same thing backwards. They reset each other to the same channel. Would this be due to our server running 0.9.7.3 and clients are use 9.8?

How do i use this to turn a radio of an empty car on to a speaker?

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 0, (call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 1] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers;

I thought nkey had resolved the duplicate id issue, is it still about then?

yes, but looks like it not works in some cases correctly

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

I am constantly getting task force arrowhead not deployed on server.. I've never had this issue before. I can equip radios.. they don't get assigned ID's.. 3D positional sound when people are talking without radios works but radios do not. I have the mod installed as well as the userconfig folder.. any ideas? And yes i am running latest CBA

You need to check your server RPT for possible errors - looks like TFAR is not starting for some reason.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Quick question, my unit had issues setting additional channels on radios last night. If I put C1 on 32.1 and then set A1 to 42.1. C1 would get reset to A1..and same thing backwards. They reset each other to the same channel. Would this be due to our server running 0.9.7.3 and clients are use 9.8?

C1 and A1 - is the same channel 1. So, use C1 and A2

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

How do i use this to turn a radio of an empty car on to a speaker?

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 0, (call TFAR_fnc_activeLrRadio) select 1] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers;

Try this:

[_vehicleObject, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers

Thanks for sharing this great mod.

It´s really fun to play with...

:yay:

Try this: [_vehicleObject, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers

I have a car named "radiocar" and i put this in the init of the car: [radiocar, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers

No joy, i have to get in to the car and put the radio on speakers manually.

Edited by Groshnak

I have a car named "radiocar" and i put this in the init of the car: [radiocar, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers

No joy, i have to get in to the car and put the radio on speakers manually.

Another problem:

I get "frequency already set" error:

http://s27.postimg.org/opskzn7zn/freq.jpg

Any ideas? Single group synced to frequency module that is set to groups of synchronized objects?

Strange... Should work... Please recheck - maybe some errors in RPT? :)

Strange... Should work... Please recheck - maybe some errors in RPT? :)

Nevermind, most of my problems happened in SP editor, those errors don't happen in MP

However the speaker isn't working with that command nor giving any errors. Anyone have an example mission with working speaker on a vehicle at mission start?

Edited by Groshnak

I checked my RPT like you said. There is nothing in there for errors with TFAR at all.

I'm running these mods on the server:

TFAR

ACE3

RHS

CBA

AiA TP

Never had any issues till I updated to the new TFAR

Hi there

nKey a couple of questions for you.

1 : Is that possible to have LR radio on vehicles on the passenger next to the driver seat, like in helicopters ? (on hatchback / pickup / etc...)

2 : would it be possible for you to add a Backpack jammer like this one :

1744-1.jpg

The functionnality would be to dissalow coms within a range EXCEPT the freq you define on this backpack radio interface.

To not be over cheated, the backpack could have a battery of like 15 minutes that discharge quicklier if you higher the jamming range

are there plans to release different skins for the various radio packs also did you have plans to implement even longer range communications for dedicated C&C vehicles like the LAV-25 or the new ones that RHS is releasing

Hello.

Is it possible that TFAR interfer somehow with A3 VON?

I ask because recently i have problem evidently connected with configuration of serwer (i am not sure if A3 or TeamSpeak): I am unable to talk using VON when TFAR is active.

However on second pair (another A3 server and another TS) such coexistence goes properly and there is no problems.

Are there some settings connected with TFAR that restrict availability of A3 VON on A3 dedicated server or maybe there are such config settings on TS server (related to TaskForceRadio channel)?

How to deal with it?

Maybe the culprit is Ts;Check if the Ts Plug-in that has a volume control @C:/teamspeak/Plugin/Settings/Acre Configuration&Testing .Make sure you`re move slider to a confy level.

Another way is to disable and then enable mods until you find what`s buggy.

You may also check VON Setting in Controls Setting+nothing interupts something by keys in red that do different things.

You will not speak in VON when using TFAR-it`s a thing of it`s own.It takes over.You must disable it .

Is there a "correct" way to save a radio?

As in, from radio class name with ID, get a no-ID class name plus some kind of data that can be saved in a way that can be loaded later to configure a new radio.

Something like:

// For saving.
if ([_item] call fnc_isRadio) then
{
 _baseRadio = [_item] call fnc_baseRadioName;
 _config = [_item] call fnc_radioConfig;
 // Save it somewhere
}

// For loading
[_baseRadio, _config] call fnc_addRadioWithConfig;

Hey there, I've got a minor bug on my server, we just updated to 0.9.8 from 0.9.7 with our monthly mod update, and we have working TFAR Radios, working IDs and assignments, but no direct speech or positional sound. You can see people's rank indicator changing to indicate the fact that they are speaking, but we can hear them directly from TS, rather than the positional audio and the fade-away from distance.

Radios seem to work correctly, and fade with distance properly

RPTs indicate no error with TFAR, both client side (from 3 players) and server side.

I've confirmed that no mods are interfering with TFAR from either server end nor client end.

Also tested with additional clients, so now 6 players are having the issue.

Cannot isolate issue to other mods, same problem occurs whilst running just CBA, ACE3 and TFAR, much less the other 50 mods.

Edited by SchwererKonigstiger
Clarity