nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Update

Just got done reinstalling Arma 3 and our 20gb of mods and TS3 again on a different hard drive after uninstalling/deleting everything I could find (unless there's some TFAR registry or config files hidden in appdata or something?), issue still persisting. Got some more information though.

After some further messing around I've discovered that the issue is sort of split - when it comes to short range radio, I can't do anything - can't transmit, can't hear (I don't think), can't bring the radio up and configure, can't change channels with the numpad - but with the LR radio I can bring the radio up and configure it, I can transmit and I can hear (albiet with no radio squelches or beeps).

It also seems to mess with my TS after I disconnect from the server. It'll sort of lock up for 30~ seconds, then crash out of the TS server (albiet not the program).

This is weird...

Could you check your RPT logs?

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Game not running means also TFAR not active. So it is kinda obvious that there is no differentiation between dead or alive player. Why would anybody join a crowded TFAR game chanel anyway? Absolutely no need for differentation without a game running, total nonsens...

Not sure I got you issue...

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Is it possible to configure TFAR to start always with some specific frequencies?

I mean i would like to always start short range C1: 200mhz, C2: 100mhz and so one.

And i say about some local config rather than mission configurator.

Regards.

Yes, it is possible with TFAR modules in editor.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

using radio through zeus is not working for me, anyone have simular problem?

Latest CBA?

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

You may remember from a few page ago I was asking about a bug where as TFAR was initializing it would change players names in Teamspeak to 'any' and give an error in teamspeak saying the name was already taken.

Well I figured out what was causing it.

It is a conflict with TFAR and Zeus. TFAR initializes before the player spawns and doesn't seem to know which player to give the permissions (or whatever you would call it) to since there isn't a player on the map. So it has a fit and changes the players name to 'any'

Thanks for info.

Hi,

TFR doesn't work for some people in my milsim community, however parts work for others.

For example when I log in i can speak in direct and use the radio however, I can't configure the radio with the panel.

It also sets my teamspeak name to any when I log in. The radio control panel works once but when I try to press it again it simply fails to open up. I'm using the correct key.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

Here is my server RPT log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nzcpw2eui9wdnt/arma3server_2015-06-08_07-30-34.rpt?dl=0

Here is my client RPG log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9lbgha8tp5nuui/arma3_2015-06-08_07-42-20.rpt?dl=0

Could you check your RPT logs?

Here's the RPT, myself and one of our admins have both had a look through it and not found anything untoward. Maybe there's something that we're missing?

Edited by MaddyLongshaft

I just noticed something strange: It seems I've got something in my mission template that hinders players to use the speakers of their radios - it's headphones-mode only for all the players. I've double-checked and it's not a compatibility issue with mods, since it happens with CBA and TFAR only.

Maybe someone had the same problem and knows a remedy for that.

The way TFAR is handled in my mission template is by first defining the frequencies and regular variables with a preInit-function. The ItemRadio-Radios are first being removed upon gear distribution via script and then the radios are linked back to the player's inventory with their respective TFAR-prototype-classnames (which works flawlessly, but maybe that is the reason for my error).

Here's the link to the template, if anyone would be so kind as to look over it (the tfar-variables are initialized in functions\preInit\fn_tfarSettings.sqf).

Edited by Belbo

Hi,

TFR doesn't work for some people in my milsim community, however parts work for others.

For example when I log in i can speak in direct and use the radio however, I can't configure the radio with the panel.

It also sets my teamspeak name to any when I log in. The radio control panel works once but when I try to press it again it simply fails to open up. I'm using the correct key.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

Here is my server RPT log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nzcpw2eui9wdnt/arma3server_2015-06-08_07-30-34.rpt?dl=0

Here is my client RPG log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9lbgha8tp5nuui/arma3_2015-06-08_07-42-20.rpt?dl=0

Hm.. A lot of error in client RPT - try to disable modes one by one and check CBA version.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

I just noticed something strange: It seems I've got something in my mission template that hinders players to use the speakers of their radios - it's headphones-mode only for all the players. I've double-checked and it's not a compatibility issue with mods, since it happens with CBA and TFAR only.

Maybe someone had the same problem and knows a remedy for that.

The way TFAR is handled in my mission template is by first defining the frequencies and regular variables with a preInit-function. The ItemRadio-Radios are first being removed upon gear distribution via script and then the radios are linked back to the player's inventory with their respective TFAR-prototype-classnames (which works flawlessly, but maybe that is the reason for my error).

Here's the link to the template, if anyone would be so kind as to look over it (the tfar-variables are initialized in functions\preInit\fn_tfarSettings.sqf).

There is no link in attach.. So, how exactly it not working?

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Here's the RPT, myself and one of our admins have both had a look through it and not found anything untoward. Maybe there's something that we're missing?

have you tried to disable some mods? You and other guy have @Bornholm, maybe it causing issues...

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Hotfix for broken radio in process.

There is a glitch on the TFAR radio, the frequency is hidden by a black ruban since 1.46 (since few hours so)

There is a glitch on the TFAR radio, the frequency is hidden by a black ruban since 1.46 (since few hours so)

In progress of fixing.

The module seemed to break entirely too. It was loaded with default settings so nobody was moved to event room, dead players could speak to everyone, etc.

The module seemed to break entirely too. It was loaded with default settings so nobody was moved to event room, dead players could speak to everyone, etc.

What is your module settings?

Completely the opposite of what happened.. We usually use a locked Event Room channel for only those who are online and made sure to disable hearing dead players.

Would be there possibility to add filtered radio voice when in vehicles like tanks and attack helicopters. It should sounds similar as talking through the radio.

Is there a way to reduce or raise transmitting range for specific radios (or all radios)?

Edited by jesterlol

Is there a way to reduce or raise transmitting range for specific radios (or all radios)?

Only via overriding distance in additional addon pbo.

---------- Post added at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Completely the opposite of what happened.. We usually use a locked Event Room channel for only those who are online and made sure to disable hearing dead players.

Looks like modules are working... Could you please confirm again?

have you tried to disable some mods? You and other guy have @Bornholm, maybe it causing issues...

Works for the other 50+ members of the group, and unfortunately if I turn mods off I can't get onto the server - issue doesn't occur in single player editor but I have the same mods running there as we do on the MP server. Only thing running on the server that isn't in our repo is ASR_AI.

Edited by MaddyLongshaft

Only via overriding distance in additional addon pbo.

Can you give me some more informations on that?

Would this be enough to increase the range of the 152 to 50km?

task_force_radio_items.pbo\config.cpp

0u6Oogl.png

Edited by jesterlol

Yeah..... not working in Dedicated server even i updated to latest CBA, that talking through ZEUS

Can you give me some more informations on that?

Would this be enough to increase the range of the 152 to 50km?

task_force_radio_items.pbo\config.cpp

http://i.imgur.com/0u6Oogl.png

yes, it is .

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Yeah..... not working in Dedicated server even i updated to latest CBA, that talking through ZEUS

But working fine without Zeus? Have you tried on Vanilla mission? Virtual Zeus or with unit?

yes, it is .

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

But working fine without Zeus? Have you tried on Vanilla mission? Virtual Zeus or with unit?

Yeah im using 0.9.7.3 and it's not working in zeus but working properly in infantry vehicle whatever are they but zeus

I can work it in my clan mate server, not sure is he host with TADST or Vanila Arma 3 server hosting, not even sure we have both same version. i'll let you know if i can figure otherwise report to you again

Ðа Arma 3 Life Ñервере не работает ваш плагин. При открытии радио ctrl + P , открываетÑÑ Ñ‡ÐµÑ€Ð½Ñ‹Ð¹ квадрат. Когда будет доÑтупна верÑÐ¸Ñ 0.9.8 , или как Ñкачать апгрейженые файлы, что бы убрать Ñтот баг?

Проблема поÑвилаÑÑŒ поÑле поÑледнего Ð¾Ð±Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ðрмы 3

How download version update 0.9.8?

Edited by SherDenied

English, please...

Arma 3 has updated, And plugin Task Force Radio doesn't work, which opened (ctrl + P) have black window, how repair that and where get update ? 0.9.8 plugin.

This files. Maybe you can give .bin file?

SULYvbP1InU.jpg

Edited by SherDenied

Ðа Arma 3 Life Ñервере не работает ваш плагин. При открытии радио ctrl + P , открываетÑÑ Ñ‡ÐµÑ€Ð½Ñ‹Ð¹ квадрат. Когда будет доÑтупна верÑÐ¸Ñ 0.9.8 , или как Ñкачать апгрейженые файлы, что бы убрать Ñтот баг?

Проблема поÑвилаÑÑŒ поÑле поÑледнего Ð¾Ð±Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ðрмы 3

How download version update 0.9.8?

Черный квадрат или только вмеÑто чаÑтоты квадрат?

Black square or just black frequency field?

Updated in progress.

Черный квадрат или только вмеÑто чаÑтоты квадрат?

Black square or just black frequency field?

Updated in progress.

Черный квадрат вмеÑто чаÑтоты.

Black frequency field.

У Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñервак открываетÑÑ Ð² 20:00, и вот Ñ‚Ð°ÐºÐ°Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´Ñтава от Богемии, что поÑле обновы начали возникать проблемы Ñ Ð¿Ð»Ð°Ð³Ð¸Ð½Ð°Ð¼Ð¸)) ПриходитÑÑ Ðº тебе обращатьÑÑ.

Edited by SherDenied

107410_2015-06-10_00002_zpsz10z9m6k.png

Downloading update now

Edited by Sledge