nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

How would you rebind it in run-time as I am having no luck and is the 0.2 a limit? Of how much can be applied?

for tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator:

effective distance for receive = real distance * tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator (smaller value - better quality)

for tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator:

effective distance for send = radio power distance * tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator (bigger value - better quality)

To rebind just set new variables to player via script.

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

It appears that TFAR radios were always envisioned to be a "reasonably" short to mid range solutions within a map (even in vehicles), but we and I'm sure others are discovering transceiver issues over extreme ranges. May I suggest that antenna development be a consideration of the mod? A battlewhip antenna with an extended length, all the way to a dipole scenario when a patrol or platoon are safe enough to set up such a configuration.

Would had an interesting dynamic to the mod and Arma 3.

Maybe it is possible to use the normal long range radio with one person and another one can carry a big antenna in a backpack like the Land_Antenna.

Then you can build up the antenna and connect the long range radio to it.

A feature like this would be awesome. :)

I mean this antenna:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yqqxq0fsd19ezr/2015-04-27_00001.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Meiestrix

So - I downloaded TFAR for my server, and with the modpack i have running it simply doesn't work. I've tried it both with all the mods in the config line, and I've tried it with only cba_a3 and task_force_radio, and it simply doesn't work. This is the output I get with cba and tfar as the only two running things.

Also, I have deleted/reuploaded both tfar and cba multiple times, but I'm still getting this issue.

Am I supposed to move anything inside tfar anywhere? Or delete something?

tfar and cba_a3

http://pastebin.com/9ipZF6Je

with just cba

http://pastebin.com/c3enPLCk

with entire modpack in the -mod line, right now we have ACRE2, but I want to use TFAR so badly.

http://pastebin.com/GpLTePbb

Please help, as I've said we used TFAR when I hosted from my PC, and I absolutely love it.

So - I downloaded TFAR for my server, and with the modpack i have running it simply doesn't work. I've tried it both with all the mods in the config line, and I've tried it with only cba_a3 and task_force_radio, and it simply doesn't work. This is the output I get with cba and tfar as the only two running things.

Also, I have deleted/reuploaded both tfar and cba multiple times, but I'm still getting this issue.

Am I supposed to move anything inside tfar anywhere? Or delete something?

tfar and cba_a3

http://pastebin.com/9ipZF6Je

with just cba

http://pastebin.com/c3enPLCk

with entire modpack in the -mod line, right now we have ACRE2, but I want to use TFAR so badly.

http://pastebin.com/GpLTePbb

Please help, as I've said we used TFAR when I hosted from my PC, and I absolutely love it.

Hm. What is exactly not working? So, server just hangs during start? Have you uploaded keys correctly?

I am using the Extreme 3d Pro Joystick, but I am unable to assign keys from the joystick to trigger the TFAR short and long range radio PTT. Can anyone advise how to troubleshoot?

I am using the Extreme 3d Pro Joystick, but I am unable to assign keys from the joystick to trigger the TFAR short and long range radio PTT. Can anyone advise how to troubleshoot?

Need to use some software to map joy keys to keyboard.

when the release TFAR in the Steam workshop?

Need to check if it possible to put dll files in Steam...

Just a little question that i havnt been able to find the answer to,

Is it possible to disable TFAR in a particular mission so you can just use TS as normal, then, for missions after it, switch to the "serious" mode? My group runs a "warm up" mission for about an hour or so before the main session whilst we wait for everyone to join and it'd be handy to be able to hear people not in-game in case they have tech issues etc.

Just a little question that i havnt been able to find the answer to,

Is it possible to disable TFAR in a particular mission so you can just use TS as normal, then, for missions after it, switch to the "serious" mode? My group runs a "warm up" mission for about an hour or so before the main session whilst we wait for everyone to join and it'd be handy to be able to hear people not in-game in case they have tech issues etc.

You can do it by script, after start:

["processPlayerPositionsHandler", "onEachFrame"] call BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;

Why can I no longer edit my mission without having to TFR? I've not added any TFR content in the mission and I get this error:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.task_force_radio items

Why can I no longer edit my mission without having to TFR? I've not added any TFR content in the mission and I get this error:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.task_force_radio items

You probably saved the mission while having the TFR addon activated.

Open mission.sqf with a text-editor and delete the "task_force_radio_items" line from the addOns and addOnsAuto list:

version=12;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	"addon_blabla",
	"another_addon_blabla",
	"task_force_radio_items"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"addon_blabla",
	"task_force_radio_items",
	"another_addon_blabla"
};

Make sure that all the lines between the brackets have a "," at the end except the last line.

Save and start the mission. If there are no TFR items/modules in your mission, it should work without a problem.

If you failed to delete a TFR item/module, you will get an error with the classname. Remember the classname and search for it in the mission.sqf. Then replace the classname with an object that's easy to detect on the map, like a plane. Start the mission again, search the object you replaced it with, select and delete it. Save your mission and reload it again. Repeat the process untill you are not getting any errors anymore. Your mission should now be clean.

Cheers it worked :) I should have thought of that earlier as I had to edit the mission file to remove a vehicle that was taken out of an addon update. Of course this was also throwing up an error until I edited the mission file and removed the classname.

Thanks for your help ;)

I'm looking for a simple way to increase range and/or raising the direct speech volume on our groups' missions, preferably so it can be kinda templated into the mission itself.

Basically, just forcing Yelling as the default when joining would do the trick pretty much perfectly :)

Is there a simpler way of doing that with modules or similar than to change both TF_max_voice_volume in either userconfig or script together with calling TFAR_fnc_setVoiceVolume in script and/or tf_voiceVolume in script?

Edited by bamse

Hi there! Maybe someone could help me to find the correct settings to properly preset radiochannels for BLUFOR and INDEPENDENT vehicles in our Coop-Missiontemplate.

We mostly play coop-missions. All players are on BLUFOR (NATO) side. For our missiontemplate I've placed several empty Hunters (WEST vehicle) and Striders (GUER vehicle) in the editor. Setting the default LR frequencies for the Hunters is working fine. However the preset frequencies for the Strider radios seem to be randomly chosen.

I've tried setting everything up using the modules:

- TFAR enforce usage -> Same LR frequencies for Side: Yes

- TFAR Frequencies (synced with all vehicles) -> Entered an array with the desired LR frequencies

This didn't do the trick, since the Striders still had different preset frequencies.

So I tried solving the problem by setting TFAR up using variables (I don't like modules anyway):

In my init.sqf I have:

// Call TFAR settings
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\tfar_einstellungen.sqf";};

And in tfar_einstellungen.sqf :

// Initialise TFAR
compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

//Serious Mode
tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

// TFAR-Basic settings (will override userconfig settings)
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_terrain_interception_coefficient = 7.0;

// Defaultradios and decryption
tf_west_radio_code = "brk2014"; // Default: _blufor
tf_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_rt1523g";
tf_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";
tf_defaultWestRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc152"; // Default: tf_rf_7800str
tf_defaultWestAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc210";

tf_east_radio_code = "brk2014"; // Default: _opfor
tf_defaultEastBackpack = "tf_mr3000";
tf_defaultEastPersonalRadio = "tf_fadak";
tf_defaultEastRiflemanRadio = "tf_pnr1000a";
tf_defaultEastAirborneRadio = "tf_mr60001";

tf_guer_radio_code = "brk2014"; // Default: _independent 
tf_defaultGuerBacpkpack = "tf_rt1523g"; // Default: tf_anprc155 
tf_defaultGuerPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152"; // Default: tf_anprc148jem
tf_defaultGuerRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc152"; // Default: tf_anprc154
tf_defaultGuerAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc210"; // Default: tf_anarc156

// Preset frequencies
tf_freq_west = [0,7,["47.1","48.2","49.3","50.4","51.5","52.6","53.7","54.8","80.1"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];
tf_freq_west_lr = [0,7,["80.1","31.2","32.3","33.4","34.5","35.6","36.7","37.8","38.9"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];

tf_freq_east = [0,7,["221.5","222","222.5","223","223.5","224","224.5","225","225.5"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];
tf_freq_east_lr = [0,7,["51.5","52.5","32","32.5","33","33.5","34","34.5","35"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];

tf_freq_guer = [0,7,["47.1","48.2","49.3","50.4","51.5","52.6","53.7","54.8","80.1"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];
tf_freq_guer_lr = [0,7,["80.1","31.2","32.3","33.4","34.5","35.6","36.7","37.8","38.9"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];

// Variable broadcasting
if (isServer) then {
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";
publicVariable "TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier";
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";
publicVariable "tf_terrain_interception_coefficient";
publicVariable "tf_west_radio_code";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestBackpack";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestPersonalRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestRiflemanRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestAirborneRadio";
publicVariable "tf_east_radio_code";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastBackpack";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastPersonalRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastRiflemanRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastAirborneRadio";
publicVariable "tf_guer_radio_code"; 
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerBacpkpack"; 
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerPersonalRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerRiflemanRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerAirborneRadio";
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
publicVariable "tf_freq_east";
publicVariable "tf_freq_east_lr";
publicVariable "tf_freq_guer";
publicVariable "tf_freq_guer_lr";
publicVariable "tf_freq_name";
};

Still no joy... any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Edited by Grollig

After some more testing I found out, that defining frequency settings in init.sqf with tf_freq_guer_lr = [array] or tf_freq_east_lr = [array] is not considered when there is no player present for the related side at missionstart.

An empty vehicle that is by default an INDEPENDANT or OPFOR vehicle will therefore always have random preset radio channels if there are no GUERILLA or EAST players.

I've tried to set the side for an empty OPFOR vehicle (IFRIT) to WEST, using the following code in the vehicles init:

this setVariable ["tf_side", west, true]

(Description: Forces side designation of a vehicle, and as a consequence, also the type of radios used.)

The only difference I noticed, was that the IFRIT had a different LR radio model installed - an AN/PRC-155 (Independent) - I had expected the RT-1523G (West).

The frequencies however were still randomly set.

So I am still trying to place an empty vehicle from another faction (Independent or Opfor) with preset radiochannels from West sid. I am sure this can be done somehow. Any help appreciated!

EDIT:

Never mind... just found a solution:

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["TF_RadioType", "tf_rt1523g", true];};

Used in a vehicles init, this will equip an empty GUER or OPFER vehicle with a WEST Radio and the defined preset frequencies from init.sqf will be set accordingly.

Edited by Grollig

I'm looking for a simple way to increase range and/or raising the direct speech volume on our groups' missions, preferably so it can be kinda templated into the mission itself.

Basically, just forcing Yelling as the default when joining would do the trick pretty much perfectly :)

Is there a simpler way of doing that with modules or similar than to change both TF_max_voice_volume in either userconfig or script together with calling TFAR_fnc_setVoiceVolume in script and/or tf_voiceVolume in script?

Looks like SQL is simplest way...

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Hi there! Maybe someone could help me to find the correct settings to properly preset radiochannels for BLUFOR and INDEPENDENT vehicles in our Coop-Missiontemplate.

We mostly play coop-missions. All players are on BLUFOR (NATO) side. For our missiontemplate I've placed several empty Hunters (WEST vehicle) and Striders (GUER vehicle) in the editor. Setting the default LR frequencies for the Hunters is working fine. However the preset frequencies for the Strider radios seem to be randomly chosen.

I've tried setting everything up using the modules:

- TFAR enforce usage -> Same LR frequencies for Side: Yes

- TFAR Frequencies (synced with all vehicles) -> Entered an array with the desired LR frequencies

This didn't do the trick, since the Striders still had different preset frequencies.

So I tried solving the problem by setting TFAR up using variables (I don't like modules anyway):

In my init.sqf I have:

// Call TFAR settings
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\tfar_einstellungen.sqf";};

And in tfar_einstellungen.sqf :

// Initialise TFAR
compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

//Serious Mode
tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

// TFAR-Basic settings (will override userconfig settings)
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_terrain_interception_coefficient = 7.0;

// Defaultradios and decryption
tf_west_radio_code = "brk2014"; // Default: _blufor
tf_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_rt1523g";
tf_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";
tf_defaultWestRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc152"; // Default: tf_rf_7800str
tf_defaultWestAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc210";

tf_east_radio_code = "brk2014"; // Default: _opfor
tf_defaultEastBackpack = "tf_mr3000";
tf_defaultEastPersonalRadio = "tf_fadak";
tf_defaultEastRiflemanRadio = "tf_pnr1000a";
tf_defaultEastAirborneRadio = "tf_mr60001";

tf_guer_radio_code = "brk2014"; // Default: _independent 
tf_defaultGuerBacpkpack = "tf_rt1523g"; // Default: tf_anprc155 
tf_defaultGuerPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152"; // Default: tf_anprc148jem
tf_defaultGuerRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc152"; // Default: tf_anprc154
tf_defaultGuerAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc210"; // Default: tf_anarc156

// Preset frequencies
tf_freq_west = [0,7,["47.1","48.2","49.3","50.4","51.5","52.6","53.7","54.8","80.1"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];
tf_freq_west_lr = [0,7,["80.1","31.2","32.3","33.4","34.5","35.6","36.7","37.8","38.9"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];

tf_freq_east = [0,7,["221.5","222","222.5","223","223.5","224","224.5","225","225.5"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];
tf_freq_east_lr = [0,7,["51.5","52.5","32","32.5","33","33.5","34","34.5","35"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];

tf_freq_guer = [0,7,["47.1","48.2","49.3","50.4","51.5","52.6","53.7","54.8","80.1"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];
tf_freq_guer_lr = [0,7,["80.1","31.2","32.3","33.4","34.5","35.6","36.7","37.8","38.9"],0,"brk2014",-1,0];

// Variable broadcasting
if (isServer) then {
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";
publicVariable "TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier";
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";
publicVariable "tf_terrain_interception_coefficient";
publicVariable "tf_west_radio_code";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestBackpack";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestPersonalRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestRiflemanRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestAirborneRadio";
publicVariable "tf_east_radio_code";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastBackpack";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastPersonalRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastRiflemanRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultEastAirborneRadio";
publicVariable "tf_guer_radio_code"; 
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerBacpkpack"; 
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerPersonalRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerRiflemanRadio";
publicVariable "tf_defaultGuerAirborneRadio";
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";
publicVariable "tf_freq_east";
publicVariable "tf_freq_east_lr";
publicVariable "tf_freq_guer";
publicVariable "tf_freq_guer_lr";
publicVariable "tf_freq_name";
};

Still no joy... any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Is it possible for you to make BLUEFOR and INDEPENDENT friendly in editor?

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

After some more testing I found out, that defining frequency settings in init.sqf with tf_freq_guer_lr = [array] or tf_freq_east_lr = [array] is not considered when there is no player present for the related side at missionstart.

An empty vehicle that is by default an INDEPENDANT or OPFOR vehicle will therefore always have random preset radio channels if there are no GUERILLA or EAST players.

I've tried to set the side for an empty OPFOR vehicle (IFRIT) to WEST, using the following code in the vehicles init:

this setVariable ["tf_side", west, true]

(Description: Forces side designation of a vehicle, and as a consequence, also the type of radios used.)

The only difference I noticed, was that the IFRIT had a different LR radio model installed - an AN/PRC-155 (Independent) - I had expected the RT-1523G (West).

The frequencies however were still randomly set.

So I am still trying to place an empty vehicle from another faction (Independent or Opfor) with preset radiochannels from West sid. I am sure this can be done somehow. Any help appreciated!

EDIT:

Never mind... just found a solution:

if (isServer) then {this setVariable ["TF_RadioType", "tf_rt1523g", true];};

Used in a vehicles init, this will equip an empty GUER or OPFER vehicle with a WEST Radio and the defined preset frequencies from init.sqf will be set accordingly.

O, yes, good solution.

Hey all, quick question and i apologize if this has been asked, but when i searched the 300+ pages in this thread i didnt come across it but fully admit i may have missed it.

My question:

I am building a mission where 2 blufor (players) need to rescue 2 blufor (players) being held captive by opfor (NPCs). But to add some complexity to trying establish communication between rescue team and hostages... i want opfor to have only fadak radios and not generic bi radio. Is there a way to have all NPC opfor spawn with fadak radios without the need to put it in all of their init lines? Can i put it in the init line of the init.sqf ?

Thanks

Is there a way to have all NPC opfor spawn with fadak radios without the need to put it in all of their init lines?

Try this:

1. In the editor place a game logic somewhere on the map

2. In the init line of the game logic put:

{if (side _x == opfor) then {_x removeweapon "ItemRadio"; _x addWeaponGlobal "tf_fadak";}} forEach allunits;

OR you could run this code in the init.sqf instead. Just make sure that it is only run on the server:

if (isServer) then {
{if (side _x == opfor) then {_x removeweapon "ItemRadio"; _x addWeaponGlobal "tf_fadak";}} forEach allunits;
};

TFR is still not working with the latest 0973. Whenever a movement key is pressed as a zeus, in a stock zeus mission, fps goes from 50 to 25. Letting go of the keys makes the fps go up again. In the old tfr 097 I usually get a tangenthack error early in the mission which disappears quickly and never affected fps. That error is gone in 0973, but it appears whatever you guys did to fix it, it destroys the fps now and I am sure it is related to that.

TFR is still not working with the latest 0973. Whenever a movement key is pressed as a zeus, in a stock zeus mission, fps goes from 50 to 25. Letting go of the keys makes the fps go up again. In the old tfr 097 I usually get a tangenthack error early in the mission which disappears quickly and never affected fps. That error is gone in 0973, but it appears whatever you guys did to fix it, it destroys the fps now and I am sure it is related to that.

Used ZEUS and tfar without problems. Check your game/mod setup.