nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

We all seem to encounter a bug where if people reconnect the next day/week/month after a game using TFR, they are randomly locally muted for some of us. Completely outside of the game, when just using the desktop/teamspeak normally.

With TFAR plugin activated?

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

First of all...Thanks for the update nkey!

I was unable to bind any CTRL+<key> combo in TFAR, after updating TFR to 0.9.7.3 and CBA 1.1.20.150416 RC6 Hotfix, any ideas? Also what file holds the keybinds (<user>.vars.Arma3Profile ?), maybe I need to delete it and start over?

Edit: Most likely this problem is CBA related and not TFR.

/KC

Yes, probably related to CBA. Yes, keys stored in profile file.

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Does someone else have the problem that you press your radio transmit button, you her the sound of the radio, but yout teamspeak does not send?

This happens not every time, just sometimes.

When you press your transmit button again everything is fine.

You can try to change PPT delay in TS and check if it will fix it.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

So has anyone else gotten stuttering in the game from the mod? Ever since I installed TFAR my game has stuttered (or lagged if you want to call it that) and I cant seem to find a fix for it. Any idea what is causing it or how to fix it? It happens even in the editor when its just me walking around, nothing else. Ive narrowed down my mods and the cause is definitely TFAR.

Hm... Very strange. Are you sure it is related to TFAR?

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Btw, any new plans on radio jamming?

Tried to search the thread, if I understood correctly there is currently no possible way to do that and its not really confirmed to be implemented either?

There is a script for it - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp7lg3b0tz0u2xj/interference.Stratis.zip?dl=0

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

What are the reasons for the doubts? Duplex is a realistic feature that is present in most of the radios, and it would add nice gameplay aspect to the addon. Or maybe you are doubting about technical realization of duplex? Or if you want, you can't make it configurable via config file, so it can be controlled by the server

Mostly technical reasons.

Hm... Very strange. Are you sure it is related to TFAR?

Yeah, positive. I actually got it fixed, rolled back to the version before the hotfix. Apparently the server wasnt running the hotfix version or something along those lines. Not really sure, Ill update to the new version when my unit tells me to, until then Im just glad the problem is fixed.

I think there is a problem with the button configuration.

When you select the key "Tab" as LR transmit button and you press the tab key you send permanently on the SW radio, when you dont have a LR radio.

Also I figured out when my first problem from #3125 happens.

If you press your TeamSpeak Push-to-talk button, release the button and direct push your SW transmit button your get the send message in arma, but your team speak does not send.

Hi Nkey

I've posted the following feedback already on CAF Aggressors main thread, but I'll post it here too as I don't know which mod exactly needs to be updated to ensure compatibility:

We've noticed an issue after updating TFAR and CBA to their latest versions: it seems to break CAF aggressors for MP scenarios. Our server will not load any mission if current CAF aggressors and TFAR v9.7.1 or higher is running simultaneously.

If TFAR is reverted to v9.7.0 and CBA to RC4 everything runs fine again. We updated CBA to RC6 while leaving TFAR on v9.7.0 and the screnarios load as well (but of course that breaks all the TFAR key binds). So the compatibility issue must be directly related to the latest TFAR versions and not CBA. I guess it has to do with TFAR having some updated their Zeus component.

Hope this feedback helps, if you need more details such as command line / load order let me know.

Any advanced options like batteries, variety of radio transmission power, PA in vehicles, squelch? Just ideas, but i think that usage should be easy.

Or maybe more info on radio screen, like 2 frequences at time, local time on radio. It'll looks coool

Hi Nkey

I've posted the following feedback already on CAF Aggressors main thread, but I'll post it here too as I don't know which mod exactly needs to be updated to ensure compatibility:

We've noticed an issue after updating TFAR and CBA to their latest versions: it seems to break CAF aggressors for MP scenarios. Our server will not load any mission if current CAF aggressors and TFAR v9.7.1 or higher is running simultaneously.

If TFAR is reverted to v9.7.0 and CBA to RC4 everything runs fine again. We updated CBA to RC6 while leaving TFAR on v9.7.0 and the screnarios load as well (but of course that breaks all the TFAR key binds). So the compatibility issue must be directly related to the latest TFAR versions and not CBA. I guess it has to do with TFAR having some updated their Zeus component.

Hope this feedback helps, if you need more details such as command line / load order let me know.

We use it without problems in our missions, loading CAF civilians with an ALIVE mission, using RC6 hotfix CBA and latest TFAR

Hi Nkey

Hm... Any errors in server\client logs?

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

I think there is a problem with the button configuration.

When you select the key "Tab" as LR transmit button and you press the tab key you send permanently on the SW radio, when you dont have a LR radio.

Also I figured out when my first problem from #3125 happens.

If you press your TeamSpeak Push-to-talk button, release the button and direct push your SW transmit button your get the send message in arma, but your team speak does not send.

Thanks for report, will check.

To fix 2nd problem - try to disable PPT delay in TS.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Any advanced options like batteries, variety of radio transmission power, PA in vehicles, squelch? Just ideas, but i think that usage should be easy.

Or maybe more info on radio screen, like 2 frequences at time, local time on radio. It'll looks coool

yes, thinking about attachment system, but still not sure is it really required and will affect gameplay...

I'll re-upload the mods onto the server during the weekend. If the issue still persists I'll attach the RPT log here.

Is anyone else getting a bug with the Teamspeak plug in where it randomly changes players names to "ANY" whilst in the game.

Its not a big deal since no one really looks at teamspeak. But currently it randomly seems to happen once people are automatically moved to the TaskForceRadio channel with password 123.

Hey, wondering if anyone could help me resolving an error I am causing within TFAR, it isn't an error caused by the dev's, I am causing it with my own scripts.

I am making a series of scripts that assigns radio channels appropriate to their squad and role, with set frequencies.

First off the player is assigned a variable through his init, for example

this setVariable ["channelOne", true];

Then the initPlayerLocal.sqf player exists, sleeps for 2 seconds as the loadouts are distributed and it runs

[player] execVM "scripts\chooseChannel.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\setRadioChannels.sqf";

Meanwhile, the initServer runs

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 1, "81.1"] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;

8 times for each channel 1 to 8, to create the set frequencies.

but it produces this error, and I have no idea why.

chooseChannel.sqf

setRadioChannels.sqf

waitForFreqs.sqf

I know my scripting is awful lol

Hey, wondering if anyone could help me resolving an error I am causing within TFAR, it isn't an error caused by the dev's, I am causing it with my own scripts.

I am making a series of scripts that assigns radio channels appropriate to their squad and role, with set frequencies.

First off the player is assigned a variable through his init, for example

this setVariable ["channelOne", true];

Then the initPlayerLocal.sqf player exists, sleeps for 2 seconds as the loadouts are distributed and it runs

[player] execVM "scripts\chooseChannel.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\setRadioChannels.sqf";

Meanwhile, the initServer runs

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 1, "81.1"] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;

8 times for each channel 1 to 8, to create the set frequencies.

but it produces this error, and I have no idea why.

chooseChannel.sqf

setRadioChannels.sqf

waitForFreqs.sqf

I know my scripting is awful lol

Check result of (call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio)

Check result of (call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio)

Because it returns the current shortwave radio, i made it local and it worked, thanks, should have thought of that.

We use it without problems in our missions, loading CAF civilians with an ALIVE mission, using RC6 hotfix CBA and latest TFAR

I've figured it out. The files downloaded via PWS caused the server not loading the map when CAF_AG and it's similar mods was running.

Command line: @cba_a3;@task_force_radio;@allinarmaterrainpack;@asdg_jr;@caf_ag;@cnto_v3;@fallujah;@fata;@fdf_podagorsk;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_ak;@hlcmods_augs;@hlcmods_g3;@hlcmods_m60e4;@hlc_wp_mp5;@imrali;@mbg_killhouses_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@outlw_magrepack;@panthera_a3;@rh_m4_a3;@rh_acc;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@sthud_a3;@st_gi;@st_map_autobrightness;@st_stamina_bar;@tao_foldmap_a3;@tec_csat;@tf47_launchers;@thirsk;@tryk;@rds;@rds_staticw_cag;@rds_ag_comp;@rds_rhs_comp;@nato_hellcat;

Once I've redownloaded the TFAR from their main website and installed those on the server it finally loaded the maps as it should. PWS needs to verify its files to be the same as the TFAR website files.

I'm going to stop using PWS from now on, this has happened the upteenth time that the files on PWS were faulty while the ones on Armaholic / BI forum work just fine. :j:

Edited by JamesClarke

nkey,

having tested the "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 1" option, it's great that it makes everyone's radio have the same frequencies set for the channels, as it means we can easily use Ch.1 for Alpha, Ch.2 for Bravo, etc and have players easily switch to the appropriate channel if they are later attached to a different squad to the one they start on. It also makes it easy to set the additional channel to one of the other squads', if there's a need for intra-squad comms without LR. It's a bit of a problem that everyone starts on Ch.1 though, as it means we have to tell everyone to switch to the appropriate channel for their team at the start of the mission, which can be a problem especially with new players and JIPs, where the player will start on Ch.1 regardless of which team they're on and there might not be anyone around to tell them to change channel.

Perhaps you could consider either changing this or having another option (i.e. = 2) where not only does everyone have the same frequencies set but each team starts on separate channels, to eliminate the need to have everyone manually change channel at the start of each mission?

Apologies if this has been reported before, I've checked but didn't find anything.

We're having a problem on our server: After speaking on short range, subsequent tries to speak on long range result in a short range transmission. Only if you transmit the second time will it switch to long range. Similarly, if you speak on long range and then on short range, you will not transmit anything on the short range. It will not even pop up the "transmitting" although it will pop up the "transmitted" confirmation.

We're using the latest version.

Getting a very bad bug on latest TFR (0973). When holding my W key to move camera as ZEUS the fps gets cut in half (50 > 25). Reverting it back to 097 with the old CBA removes that problem.

Also I am getting server key not matching the client pbo errors if I allow bot 097 and 0973 keys on my server.

Edited by alleycat

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

It appears that TFAR radios were always envisioned to be a "reasonably" short to mid range solutions within a map (even in vehicles), but we and I'm sure others are discovering transceiver issues over extreme ranges. May I suggest that antenna development be a consideration of the mod? A battlewhip antenna with an extended length, all the way to a dipole scenario when a patrol or platoon are safe enough to set up such a configuration.

Would had an interesting dynamic to the mod and Arma 3.

Right, I know I'm going to get moaned at here, yes I have looked for an answer both in and out of this thread and no I can't find the response I need.

Can someone give me a straight forward answer without moaning as to why multiple AV's flag both task_force_radio_win32(and64).dll as suspicios or a hazard ?

Is it due to it being a dll or what ? Just a straight up answer would be nice.

Thanks.

nkey,

having tested the "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 1" option, it's great that it makes everyone's radio have the same frequencies set for the channels, as it means we can easily use Ch.1 for Alpha, Ch.2 for Bravo, etc and have players easily switch to the appropriate channel if they are later attached to a different squad to the one they start on. It also makes it easy to set the additional channel to one of the other squads', if there's a need for intra-squad comms without LR. It's a bit of a problem that everyone starts on Ch.1 though, as it means we have to tell everyone to switch to the appropriate channel for their team at the start of the mission, which can be a problem especially with new players and JIPs, where the player will start on Ch.1 regardless of which team they're on and there might not be anyone around to tell them to change channel.

Perhaps you could consider either changing this or having another option (i.e. = 2) where not only does everyone have the same frequencies set but each team starts on separate channels, to eliminate the need to have everyone manually change channel at the start of each mission?

You could try to do it using script. Check api for https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setSwChannel

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Apologies if this has been reported before, I've checked but didn't find anything.

We're having a problem on our server: After speaking on short range, subsequent tries to speak on long range result in a short range transmission. Only if you transmit the second time will it switch to long range. Similarly, if you speak on long range and then on short range, you will not transmit anything on the short range. It will not even pop up the "transmitting" although it will pop up the "transmitted" confirmation.

Yes, know issue. Try do disable PPT delay in TS to fix issue.

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Getting a very bad bug on latest TFR (0973). When holding my W key to move camera as ZEUS the fps gets cut in half (50 > 25). Reverting it back to 097 with the old CBA removes that problem.

Also I am getting server key not matching the client pbo errors if I allow bot 097 and 0973 keys on my server.

Make sure you have correct pbos for 0973 (because some problems with PWS were).

Both 097 and 0973 uses same keys...

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

It appears that TFAR radios were always envisioned to be a "reasonably" short to mid range solutions within a map (even in vehicles), but we and I'm sure others are discovering transceiver issues over extreme ranges. May I suggest that antenna development be a consideration of the mod? A battlewhip antenna with an extended length, all the way to a dipole scenario when a patrol or platoon are safe enough to set up such a configuration.

Would had an interesting dynamic to the mod and Arma 3.

In plan, for now check tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Variables

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Right, I know I'm going to get moaned at here, yes I have looked for an answer both in and out of this thread and no I can't find the response I need.

Can someone give me a straight forward answer without moaning as to why multiple AV's flag both task_force_radio_win32(and64).dll as suspicios or a hazard ?

Is it due to it being a dll or what ? Just a straight up answer would be nice.

Thanks.

Probably false positive... I reported to both AVs.

https://www.virustotal.com/ru/file/b5210de839b3da8cf28e4b2c69f8ad0d376699a669bd30a3cb37ccd0fb736db8/analysis/1430063361/

https://www.virustotal.com/ru/file/935c21a40a17eee2da7429d1a623b39c5889f4e5e2af9d10ca505afab5b64fb0/analysis/1430063380/

Symantec info:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99

I've experienced the same exact reproducible situation although I'm the only one in my unit with the problem.

During our op last night I fixed it by rebinding my long range transmit primary and additional functions to Ctrl key combos.

I've experienced the same exact reproducible situation although I'm the only one in my unit with the problem.

During our op last night I fixed it by rebinding my long range transmit primary and additional functions to Ctrl key combos.

I haven't noticed this happening to me (although I'll have to test further to be sure) and I haven't bound my SW or LR additionals to anything but I do use Ctrl+End for LR transmit, so maybe that's why.

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator",3.0];

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 2.0];

Anyway this can be edited locally on the fly via script? I've tried several times using a trigger it will not change the value when I want. Say for example I was using this to create a pseudo radio-tower on said triggers and depending if players were present or not increase or decrease the sending / receiving distance?

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator",3.0];

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 2.0];

Anyway this can be edited locally on the fly via script? I've tried several times using a trigger it will not change the value when I want. Say for example I was using this to create a pseudo radio-tower on said triggers and depending if players were present or not increase or decrease the sending / receiving distance?

Yes, it is possible to rebind in runtime.

Also:

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 0.2]; (not 2)

Having an issue with TFR Sounds , I placed my plugins and sounds file in the TS3 plugin directory but I get no sounds Anybody know a fix?

Yes, it is possible to rebind in runtime.

Also:

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 0.2]; (not 2)

How would you rebind it in run-time as I am having no luck and is the 0.2 a limit? Of how much can be applied?