nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I have reinstalled both TFAR and CBA and got the files over play with six. Loaded a mission (placed TFAR) modules and it doesnt work.

I am running TFAR v0.9.7.3 with CBA 1.1.20.150408, updated with PW6.

Still not able to configure keys.

I am running TFAR v0.9.7.3 with CBA 1.1.20.150408, updated with PW6.

Still not able to configure keys.

same versions, same issue. Both ingame with a mission loaded and on the main menu. once clicking to configure addons there are no entry's listed in the drop down box.

I have latest CBA and TFAR, and can configure them. Updated them manually from Armaholic.

Maybe PWS has a bad version of CBA. Or TFAR

I have latest CBA and TFAR, and can configure them. Updated them manually from Armaholic.

Maybe PWS has a bad version of CBA. Or TFAR

I just reinstalled with files from Armaholic, and overwrote the PW6 updated ones.

And LO and BEHOLD! I can now configure my keys again.

You might give the PW6 guys a heads up on that, nkey.

And still thanks for a great mod :)

I just reinstalled with files from Armaholic, and overwrote the PW6 updated ones.

And LO and BEHOLD! I can now configure my keys again.

You might give the PW6 guys a heads up on that, nkey.

And still thanks for a great mod :)

Yeah, PwS files not showing an entry for TFAR in Configure Controls - Addons for me either. Hopefully they'll update their files soon.

I can't use TFR when I'm in Zeus GM-mode. It did work before the updates. Any fix available?

I can't use TFR when I'm in Zeus GM-mode. It did work before the updates. Any fix available?

Check 0.9.7.3 update

Hello, nkey. Do you have any planned features for TFAR? Something like duplex, or advanced 3d positioning(z-coords)?

Updated mod v0.9.7.3 available at withSIX

Launching PwS doesn't show any update to the 0.9.7.3 I already have installed and launching A3 still doesn't show an entry for TFAR under Configure Controls - Addons. The main screen shows "TFAR Hotfix available" in the top right.

Launching PwS doesn't show any update to the 0.9.7.3 I already have installed and launching A3 still doesn't show an entry for TFAR under Configure Controls - Addons. The main screen shows "TFAR Hotfix available" in the top right.

In PWS right click TFAR and select "Diagnose". That's what I had to do to get it to update.

After a terrible mission that had disconnects and CTDs for 50% of the players while running (caused by some people using 0.9.7 and some 0.9.7.3 - terrible people who don't update their mods), I strongly suggest creating a new key for 0.9.7.3. :)

In PWS right click TFAR and select "Diagnose". That's what I had to do to get it to update.

Thanks, that fixed it. It also made PwS prompt me to update African Conflict from v1.2 to v1.3, despite having it set manually to v1.2 but switching collection and back sorted that out!

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

nkey, just a suggestion but I've noticed that some mods clash with TFAR's keybindings. RHS' Raven uses them for example. I know that we can re-bind the TFAR keys but I only think I use them when the radio interface is open, to quickly switch to a different channel before setting it as alternate, so I was wondering if you might be able to make the numpad keys only affect TFAR when the interface is open? Then it wouldn't matter if other mods use them the rest of the time.

Maybe others are using them to change channel frequently without the interface being open but I personally can't imagine a situation where this would be necessary.

Hello, nkey. Do you have any planned features for TFAR? Something like duplex, or advanced 3d positioning(z-coords)?

Final feature set is not confirment yet, but yes a lot of things are planned. 3D positioning are in, duplex - 50/50

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

Thanks, that fixed it. It also made PwS prompt me to update African Conflict from v1.2 to v1.3, despite having it set manually to v1.2 but switching collection and back sorted that out!

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

nkey, just a suggestion but I've noticed that some mods clash with TFAR's keybindings. RHS' Raven uses them for example. I know that we can re-bind the TFAR keys but I only think I use them when the radio interface is open, to quickly switch to a different channel before setting it as alternate, so I was wondering if you might be able to make the numpad keys only affect TFAR when the interface is open? Then it wouldn't matter if other mods use them the rest of the time.

Maybe others are using them to change channel frequently without the interface being open but I personally can't imagine a situation where this would be necessary.

But NUM keys used to quickly change channels during contact with enemy....

duplex - 50/50

What are the reasons for the doubts? Duplex is a realistic feature that is present in most of the radios, and it would add nice gameplay aspect to the addon. Or maybe you are doubting about technical realization of duplex? Or if you want, you can't make it configurable via config file, so it can be controlled by the server

Btw, any new plans on radio jamming?

Tried to search the thread, if I understood correctly there is currently no possible way to do that and its not really confirmed to be implemented either?

But NUM keys used to quickly change channels during contact with enemy....

Why would someone do that though? If your squad is on Ch.1 for instance, why would anyone change to Ch.2 during contact with enemy? If they did, they'd no longer be able to communicate with the rest of the squad.

Why would someone do that though? If your squad is on Ch.1 for instance, why would anyone change to Ch.2 during contact with enemy? If they did, they'd no longer be able to communicate with the rest of the squad.

Depends on how are things managed. Sometimes I change from squad channel to Comand Channel in order to have some more information than provided by my leader in the movements, or all my Squad has been wiped or is hurt and I need to contact myself with Air force in order to provide some CAS and extraction. In the middle of a fight. You can always bind those with a modifier (ctrl, shitf)

If the man carrying your manpack radio gets wasted and you need to let someone else that you're in contact and dying?

Depends on how are things managed. Sometimes I change from squad channel to Comand Channel in order to have some more information than provided by my leader in the movements, or all my Squad has been wiped or is hurt and I need to contact myself with Air force in order to provide some CAS and extraction. In the middle of a fight. You can always bind those with a modifier (ctrl, shitf)

Yeah, I'll probably just unmap the LR channel keys from Ctrl+Numpad and use those for SR channel keys as I never use more than one LR channel.

I still don't think it's necessary to switch SR channel as you describe though. You can have the command channel on the additional if you want more information and it's surely not good to mute your leader by switching from the squad channel to the command channel (at least I wouldn't be happy if I was the leader and people kept deciding to do that and made themselves unable to hear my orders). I'm not sure you'd even be able to reach air units with the short range unless they're right above you but they'd presumably be on the LR frequency anyway and you could contact them on that if you have it set as your additional by pressing T without needing to change channels.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

If the man carrying your manpack radio gets wasted and you need to let someone else that you're in contact and dying?

Same thing. If you have the LR frequency set as your SR additional channel, you'll be able to contact any of the other teams that are on LR by pressing T (assuming they're within the SR transmitting distance but that applies if you change channels as well. If they're further away, all you can do is try and retrieve the LR radio).

We all seem to encounter a bug where if people reconnect the next day/week/month after a game using TFR, they are randomly locally muted for some of us. Completely outside of the game, when just using the desktop/teamspeak normally.

So has anyone else gotten stuttering in the game from the mod? Ever since I installed TFAR my game has stuttered (or lagged if you want to call it that) and I cant seem to find a fix for it. Any idea what is causing it or how to fix it? It happens even in the editor when its just me walking around, nothing else. Ive narrowed down my mods and the cause is definitely TFAR.

First of all...Thanks for the update nkey!

Please make sure both CBA and TFAR have least version - a lot of players can change keys without any problems (at least in loaded mission)

I was unable to bind any CTRL+<key> combo in TFAR, after updating TFR to 0.9.7.3 and CBA 1.1.20.150416 RC6 Hotfix, any ideas? Also what file holds the keybinds (<user>.vars.Arma3Profile ?), maybe I need to delete it and start over?

Edit: Most likely this problem is CBA related and not TFR.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Does someone else have the problem that you press your radio transmit button, you her the sound of the radio, but yout teamspeak does not send?

This happens not every time, just sometimes.

When you press your transmit button again everything is fine.