nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

So.... Probably it is time for next big development sprint :)

So, your wishes, guys?

What about not just "nice2have" stuff but helpfull things like retransmitter / relay funcionailty? :D

Congrats guys...love your mod!

Congratulations from everyone at USEC, Nkey! Well deserved!

Edited by Jonpas

No, it doesn't. It's only compatible with them, which means that you can run any of this mods with TFAR without a problem.

No, it doesn't. It's only compatible with them, which means that you can run any of this mods with TFAR without a problem.

Thanks for the reply. Would anyone happen to know if this mod includes C-L-F-Mods-Additional-backpacks-radios? That mod hasn't been updated in a while and last I checked the developer(s) talked about integrating it with TFAR.

So, your wishes, guys?

As mentioned already:

- Aircraft intercom system

- Relay towers (mountable and destroyable for mission purposes)

- Ambient sound over radio

These three should be more than sufficient for now ;)

So, your wishes, guys?

Half duplex, making it impossible to transmit if someone else is already transmitting.

About a frequency jammer, i've thinking to this more.

When the freq jammer is activated, on a radius (like 50 meters), no radio will work, just hearing "white sound". Could be cool to have different freq jammer for different range. Like SW jammer, LR jammer, etc...

The jammer will work on battery, and go depleted after an amount of time (configurable ?), depending on the battery you put in. Small battery : 5 minutes, medium battery : 15 minutes, large battery : 30 minutes.

The freq jammer could be an item we can stick on walls / under tables / under vehicules / on helicopters / etc....

What you guys think about that ?

(sorry for my terrible english ^^ )

RF jammers range is usually in the kilometers because in reality the jamming transmitter (usually) has to overpower the other signals. Considering the jammer has to jam the same frequency as the receiver, it either transmits in a very wide-band (unlikely) or it transmits over a known frequency, usually at a very high amplitude.

But that means one of two things: Either nkey has to make his mod more realistic and first turn his radios into half-duplex, or of course he can go full-arcade and, yeah, do what you just suggested. :/

The jammers I've been trained in are very situational and locational with a range up to 50 meters. They operate on separate batteries and basically just output with a higher amplitude than your average squad or platoon radio. The point of these jammers, just like oshydaka mentioned, is to block a critical spot from receiving or transmitting signals ie. airports and known enemy locations. They're either deployed by special forces or fired from afar by artillery.

Edited by Penox

Hi, I've got no idea if this has been asked or is possible but am I able to use Task Force Radio with a button on my joystick? I've got a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X

I would still urge you to look at how volume attenuation by distance works currently and how it differs from how people in real life perceive it. This is still the lackluster part of TFAR...

Make cellphones ? ^^

You can add a player to your contact list and call him on VOIP with TS, etc... ^^

Like military cellphone or something, with apps, like compass, GPS, whatever

http://images.shopmadeinchina.com/seller/product/B07AC69D23AA5C99E040007F01003A07/643/7811643_8.bak.jpg

Already supported on plugin side, need some mod work. Will work good for Altis Lifes...

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Loudspeakers (triples voice range, just add it to the voice range cycle selection)

Loudspeakers on vehicles (quintuple-ish voice range, voice range cycle too)

aircraft intercoms (single-vehicle single-channel radio for all occupants, seems easy right?)

The impossible: ambiant sound pickup over radio.

That is all.

Could you add more details for aircraft intercoms?

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

+1 !

Hearing shoots over the radio, could be awesome !

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Radio jammer ?

Like, scrambling the signal etc...

There are already scripts for jammer, but yes, should probably add some vechiles/backpacks for it.

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Microphone you can set on a frequency and put on someone pockets / bag / whatever to spy him

Hm... Interesing idea, but will probably rearely used (but required a lot of work)

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Wow, congratulations! What now? What are you planning? I thinkt that you could include advanced options to the radios like power, adv. frequency setting, and all other that stuff. It could be cool. :)

Frequency settings are already in :) Need to think about power - it makes sense for game only in case of some kind of bearing finder which works quite bad for modern radios with freq jamming...

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

What about not just "nice2have" stuff but helpfull things like retransmitter / relay funcionailty? :D

Of course.

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Thanks for the reply. Would anyone happen to know if this mod includes C-L-F-Mods-Additional-backpacks-radios? That mod hasn't been updated in a while and last I checked the developer(s) talked about integrating it with TFAR.

Already intergated into TFAR.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Half duplex, making it impossible to transmit if someone else is already transmitting.

Hm.... Maybe as some kind of optinal setting?

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Hi, I've got no idea if this has been asked or is possible but am I able to use Task Force Radio with a button on my joystick? I've got a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X

Currently only by binding to keyboard via some software. In future possible some kind of CBA support will available for it.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

I would still urge you to look at how volume attenuation by distance works currently and how it differs from how people in real life perceive it. This is still the lackluster part of TFAR...

Yes, need one more step on tweaking it (there is also issue with high number players session - long distances in such cases will make it annoying to hear everyone in 50 meters)

Not directly but with the free but slightly complicated Autohotkey or the paid-for but very easy to use xpadder. I'm sure there's other options as well.

Congrats on your well deserved win nkey. TFAR has greatly enhanced our co-op sessions at CiA :)

I can see half-duplex being great, as an option as you suggest so that servers can disable it if it doesn't suit them.

Retransmit stations, including deployable/repairable ones that need to be setup/fixed to establish/restore comms between HQ and a distant team could generate some cool missions as well.

Maybe a headphone/external sound attenuator option for vehicles, particularly helos.

Filtering/EQ to make transmissions sound more radio-like would be great.

Congrats on the award. Awesome mod.

Can I get appoint out describing how comms work inside a Helo between pilot and gunner and pax? There's so much rotor noise I can't hear anyone talk. Thanks. (Sorry to bug u)

This! Duplex and Half Duplex is really needed

Congrats on the award. Awesome mod.

Can I get appoint out describing how comms work inside a Helo between pilot and gunner and pax? There's so much rotor noise I can't hear anyone talk. Thanks. (Sorry to bug u)

You want some headphones some heli?