nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

play -> Multiplayer -> new Map -> New Unit -> Nato -> Men -> Rifleman -> exec local

{diag_log str _x}forEach (allVariables uiNamespace);

and/or

{diag_log str _x}forEach (allVariables missionNamespace);

check .rpt

1 Unit (me as player)

----

uiNamespace

410x cba (a bit less, when searching "cba_fnc")

37x slx_xeh

70x searching for "xeh" only

(of 2941)

----

missionNamespace

357x cba (a bit less, when searching "cba_fnc")

144x slx_xeh

162x searching for "xeh" only

(of 1777)

----

In Mission with some variables and other stuff in it loaded:

uiNamespace

411x cba

221x slx

255x searching for "xeh" only

And thats why the question:

Is it there any chance to run it without CBA or not?

Yes, but how is that related to your other post where you were talking about uniforms? That sounds like equipment/gear config changes. Which is not part of CBA.

Anyway... CBA provides a platform for all mod makers. What you're listing are extended eventhandlers. The alternative would be self-build init scripts for every mod and you certainly don't want that. Or every addon to copy parts of the CBA code which will result in a massive doubling of features if loading a few addons.

Ok, you don't like it, but then you should stick with vanilla.

nkey, when I notified my guys as to why I was continuously repeating the same thing I just said, they told me it's a known bug with TFAR and I just have to let the notification square at the bottom right disappear before I start my next transmission. I'm surprised it isn't really known. :p

It it because TFAR uses PPT delay of TeamSpeak. You could set it to zero in TS settings.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Is task force radio client side or do I need to install anything else to use it on some missions on a hosted server from myself ?

Server and client parts required.

regarding to uniforms:

slx_xeh_b_kitbag_rgrextended_initpost_eventhandlers

slx_xeh_c_man_p_shorts_1_f_afroextended_initpost_eventhandlers

for example, thats what i meant.

+ When i add a simple CfgFunction to my mod (for example ' waitUntil{Vehicle Player == player}; Hint "Yep"; ' ) with post/PreInit = 1 -> Nope, no TFAR.

Without the Function -> works like a charm. =/

+ When i add a simple CfgFunction to my mod (for example ' waitUntil{Vehicle Player == player}; Hint "Yep"; ' ) with post/PreInit = 1 -> Nope, no TFAR.

Without the Function -> works like a charm. =/

I don't use them, put the CfgFunctions are almost certainly called, so waitUntil is breaking that function. And you're calling it pre- and postinit?

With CBAs XEH you could of course use spawn or exec...but as you don't want that you need to re-write your function

Hey I'm having a huge problem.

For some reason, my Task Force key combinations with Control (Or at least the Ctrl + P Combo) are not working. I am pretty sure it is with either the Key binding or the Short Range Radio.

I can open the Long range radio (alt + p), but I can't open anything with control. The most I got it up to was being able to open short range and then nothing worked after that. Can anybody help me?

Hey I'm having a huge problem.

For some reason, my Task Force key combinations with Control (Or at least the Ctrl + P Combo) are not working. I am pretty sure it is with either the Key binding or the Short Range Radio.

I can open the Long range radio (alt + p), but I can't open anything with control. The most I got it up to was being able to open short range and then nothing worked after that. Can anybody help me?

Probably due some tricky keyboard. Try to rebind this combinations in key settings.

Hello, TFAR users.

Im using TFAR together with my community for a very long time. Unfortunately, im experiencing issues with it.

After updating to 0.9.7 the mod doesnt work properly. I cannot be heard in a direct speech - only if i use radio. I tried to reinstall Teamspeak, TFAR and i changed the direct speech keybind aswel.

Im am the only member of my community, experiencing this problem. Earlier there was a problem with my robotic voice after buying a new microphone, but it got solved after changing the codecs in TS channel.

Hope we will solve this problem together, cheers.

Hey nkey,

first of all great mod! Our group really appreciates it.

One of us has a huge problem though.

If he uses a radio (transmitting) his ts3 client and arma freezes and his microphone stops working (he still can hear us). He also can't really use his browser or explorer anymore. And to make things even worse he can't even shutdown his computer without pressing the power button for 5 seconds. It's a really weird problem with TFAR we never encountered before.

If he doesn't transmit over radio everything goes well.

We already tried different things to get it working but nothing helped so far.

Do you know what the problem could be? We would be really glad getting it working since transmitting over radio is a very basically thing to do in a mission.

We are looking forward to your answer and of course to future updates!

Thanks!

I (and several of my friends) have our Arma game sounds playing through desktop speakers, whilst TS3 comes through a headset/ear-piece.

It would be great if non-radio voice communications could be ported to go through speakers along with all the other 'local' game sounds, whilst radio voice communications are sent through TS3 to the headset.

Having a surround speaker setup, it would be great to hear people talking locally behind me, for example, whilst in my ear I can hear voice comms from distant colleagues etc.

Is that a possibility? Would be a great option for realism.

Otherwise great mod. Without question, the biggest game-changing Arma add-on there is :)

With this TFAR would be perfect!

I know that you can setup multiple audio profiles in TS for different audio outputs, not sure if this can be changed via API on the fly, though.

Another idea would be to use the 3D feature, so that radio comes from only one satellite speaker if possible? :confused:

It isn't a keyboard issue. I finally figured out that you change the keybinds in-game and not in config lol.

That still concerns mt though as to why control isn't working for this mod alone.

Hey

I can't seem to find the classname for the Radio MR3000 (long range) Backpack radio with the BW skin.

Where can I find this exactly? As I wish to add it to a unit, that does not automaticly spawn with it.

Hi, just passing by to say well done on an awesome mod.

Thank you very much.

Hello, TFAR users.

Im using TFAR together with my community for a very long time. Unfortunately, im experiencing issues with it.

After updating to 0.9.7 the mod doesnt work properly. I cannot be heard in a direct speech - only if i use radio. I tried to reinstall Teamspeak, TFAR and i changed the direct speech keybind aswel.

Im am the only member of my community, experiencing this problem. Earlier there was a problem with my robotic voice after buying a new microphone, but it got solved after changing the codecs in TS channel.

Hope we will solve this problem together, cheers.

Try to run everything from admin.

---------- Post added at 05:54 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 ----------

Hey nkey,

first of all great mod! Our group really appreciates it.

One of us has a huge problem though.

If he uses a radio (transmitting) his ts3 client and arma freezes and his microphone stops working (he still can hear us). He also can't really use his browser or explorer anymore. And to make things even worse he can't even shutdown his computer without pressing the power button for 5 seconds. It's a really weird problem with TFAR we never encountered before.

If he doesn't transmit over radio everything goes well.

We already tried different things to get it working but nothing helped so far.

Do you know what the problem could be? We would be really glad getting it working since transmitting over radio is a very basically thing to do in a mission.

We are looking forward to your answer and of course to future updates!

Thanks!

Hm..

Ask him to try next things:

1) change arma profile

2) update TS

3) temporary disable antivrus

4) check TS logs for strange error after transmitting

5) try to run everything as admin

and report back, please.

---------- Post added at 05:55 ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 ----------

Hey

I can't seem to find the classname for the Radio MR3000 (long range) Backpack radio with the BW skin.

Where can I find this exactly? As I wish to add it to a unit, that does not automaticly spawn with it.

Try search here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Classes

---------- Post added at 05:56 ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 ----------

Hi, just passing by to say well done on an awesome mod.

Thank you very much.

You are welcome!

Hey Nkey,

I've been at this for hours attempting to figure it out. Even asking my unit if they know a fix.

What's happening is that when I join the game, TFAR is recognised since it says 'Task Force Radio 0.9.7' however when finishing syncing it says "Looks like TFAR version is less than 0.8.1". On teamspeak it doesn't even say I'm connected or playing.

I have tried EVERYTHING...

I noticed this has been spoken about previously in this thread and I reinstalled CBA and still nothing...

I am in desperate need of an answer, if anyone has any information please help me!

Just wanted to thank you guys for the mod. Since I first tested it out after sticking to ACRE1 I was pleasantly surprised by the featureset and streamlined functionality that lets you focus on getting your radio messages across efficiently rather than having to figure out how to use the radio. Keep up the good work to everyone involved.

I'm also curious if you are working on any new stuff right now, that'd be interesting to hear. :)

Hey Nkey,

I've been at this for hours attempting to figure it out. Even asking my unit if they know a fix.

What's happening is that when I join the game, TFAR is recognised since it says 'Task Force Radio 0.9.7' however when finishing syncing it says "Looks like TFAR version is less than 0.8.1". On teamspeak it doesn't even say I'm connected or playing.

I have tried EVERYTHING...

I noticed this has been spoken about previously in this thread and I reinstalled CBA and still nothing...

I am in desperate need of an answer, if anyone has any information please help me!

Check you SQF logs for errors. Also, make sure you have CBA and TFAR enabled on client.

Good day/evening,

I have tried a while to get Task Force Radio to work on our Zeus server. The problem is that none of my playable units receive their personal TF radio after the standard radio (ItemRadio) disappears. Long Range radio in vehicles works fine!

If I host a in-game-server on my machine, everything works perfectly!

The messages I get on my dedicated server:

- "Waiting on Unique Radio from Server"

- "No Task Force Radio deployed on Server"

Now I need some help to find out what could be the problem:

1. I use TFR v.0.9.7

2. List of mods: -mod=Curator;Heli;Kart;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@Blastcore-Tracers;@CBA_A3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@norwegian_units";@Ares;@ASR_AI3;@CPM;@task_force_radio

3. Userconfig folder is located in Arma 3 root folder on the server and looks like this:

// =================================================
// Server side only
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 1;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = 1;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 0;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = 0;
tf_same_dd_frequencies_for_side = 0;
// END: Server side only
// Client side
tf_default_radioVolume = 8;
// END: Client side

4. I have tried to spawn the radio directly on units with AddItem and a unique number (_xxx) after the tf radio classname without any help.

5. Zeus has the ability to get players to spawn with a Long Range Radio, but that's not the way I want it.

Does anyone have any tips on what might be wrong?

Edited by Total

Why don't you post this in the TFAR thread?

There's a blank between @CPM; and @task_force_radio. Get rid of it. If this still doesn't work post the server rpt please.

-mod=Curator;Heli;Kart;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@Blastcore-Tracers;@CBA_A3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rhs_afrf 3;@rhs_usf3;@norwegian_units";@Ares;@ASR_AI3;@CPM;@task_force_radio

Beside that blank, @norwegian_units has a " behind it.

Can moderator move this thread to the right place, please? :)

All addons works, but have fixed the command line anyway. Thanks :) Task Force Radio works, but does not give out personal radio at playerspawn. Have seen there are several who have asked something similar in the TFR-THREAD without getting any answers.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

RPT LOG:http://pastebin.com/xsxzQ9xm

Good day/evening,

I have tried a while to get Task Force Radio to work on our Zeus server. The problem is that none of my playable units receive their personal TF radio after the standard radio (ItemRadio) disappears. Long Range radio in vehicles works fine!

RPT LOG: http://pastebin.com/xsxzQ9xm

1. I use TFR v.0.9.7

2. List of mods: -mod=Curator;Heli;Kart;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@Blastcore-Tracers;@CBA_A3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@norwegian_units;@Ares;@ASR_AI3;@CPM;@task_force_radio

3. Userconfig folder is located in Arma 3 root folder on the server and looks like this:

// Server side only
// Client side

4. I have tried to spawn the radio directly on units with AddItem and a unique number (_xxx) after the tf radio classname without any help.

5. Zeus has the ability to get players to spawn with a Long Range Radio, but that's not the way I want it.

Does anyone have any tips on what might be wrong? I really love TFR and want to use it on my Zeus/coop server.

Edited by Total

is linux supported ?

yep, supported

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Good day/evening,

RPT LOG: http://pastebin.com/xsxzQ9xm

1. I use TFR v.0.9.7

2. List of mods: -mod=Curator;Heli;Kart;@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix;@Blastcore-Tracers;@CBA_A3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@norwegian_units;@Ares;@ASR_AI3;@CPM;@task_force_radio

// Server side only
// Client side

Does anyone have any tips on what might be wrong? I really love TFR and want to use it on my Zeus/coop server.

Hm... Strange.

1) Check your CBA version.

2) Try to disable mods one by one to check - maybe some of them breaks something