nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Can anyone tell me how to disable when player spawn or respawn they spawn in with a long range radio and drop the backpack they have?

I understand why it is part of the script for missions where there is no FOB. But in ZGM and custom missions where we have a base. Nothing is more annoying than spawning with Long range radio and dropping the back pack you currently have.

Check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables or TFAR modules in editor.

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

Hi,

Is there a way to Jam radios when, for exemple, BLUFOR enter a trigger?

Yes, it is possible via some scripting, example mission - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp7lg3b0tz0u2xj/interference.Stratis.zip?dl=0

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Quick question with a hopefully quick answer. Is it possible to disable the encryption not allowing CSAT and NATO vehicle radios to communication.(we plan to use both side vehicles for operations and want to be able to communicate)

Yes, it is possible, check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables

Can anyone help me with my disappearing radios when there is over 3 people on a mission on my dedicated server?

Can anyone help me with my disappearing radios when there is over 3 people on a mission on my dedicated server?

I still maintain that its due to your friend's setup (the one that joins and breaks everything for you), either an outdated TFAR or he has another mod running that massively conflicts with radio assignment.

I still maintain that its due to your friend's setup (the one that joins and breaks everything for you), either an outdated TFAR or he has another mod running that massively conflicts with radio assignment.

Thanks for the reply again. I have checked and we are running same mods and same versions. The thing is. We was on last night me, a friend and the friend that "seemed" to have the problem and it worked fine. No problems at all. It only seems to be when there is 4 people for some reason

Had a issue we've never faced before, Had 36 clients all start at the same time to night, and TFAR pop up said "No Task Force Radio Deployed on Server" and it would not issue more than 4 Unique radios. Earlier in the day, on the same server we had no issues with TFAR. Is this an issue with that many clients attempting to load TFAR at the same time?

Thats interesting. Sounds kinda like my problem. Needs sorting out though. I love this mod but if i dont find a fix soon we just cant use it anymore

TFAR shows in Teamspeak for us but N for connected and N for playing. Everyone's got radios in server but they don't work at all.

Anyone any ideas what's up? We just moved back from ACRE 2 and ran TFAR before that with no problems pre 1.38.

I've checked server start up parameters, re downloaded TFAR and uploaded to server. No joy.

Edited by markh7991

Had a issue we've never faced before, Had 36 clients all start at the same time to night, and TFAR pop up said "No Task Force Radio Deployed on Server" and it would not issue more than 4 Unique radios. Earlier in the day, on the same server we had no issues with TFAR. Is this an issue with that many clients attempting to load TFAR at the same time?

We are playing with more than 150 players with simultanious start. Could you check server RPT logs for errors?

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

TFAR shows in Teamspeak for us but N for connected and N for playing. Everyone's got radios in server but they don't work at all.

Anyone any ideas what's up? We just moved back from ACRE 2 and ran TFAR before that with no problems pre 1.38.

I've checked server start up parameters, re downloaded TFAR and uploaded to server. No joy.

Probably TFAR is not running on client machine for some reason. Maybe not CBA? Please check client RPT logs for error.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Thats interesting. Sounds kinda like my problem. Needs sorting out though. I love this mod but if i dont find a fix soon we just cant use it anymore

Do you have any reliable way to reproduce the issue?

rpt server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tncr3ddblsy381b/exec_a3rus_2015-03-02_22-00-12.rpt?dl=0

rpt client https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uvkd1tei89zxim/arma3_2015-03-02_21-02-46.rpt?dl=0

All members in our GU are having the same issues.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

The clientside TFAR pbo's are being loaded but the server side ones arent. The @task_force_radio folder is listed in the directory though.

rpt server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tncr3ddblsy381b/exec_a3rus_2015-03-02_22-00-12.rpt?dl=0

rpt client https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uvkd1tei89zxim/arma3_2015-03-02_21-02-46.rpt?dl=0

All members in our GU are having the same issues.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

The clientside TFAR pbo's are being loaded but the server side ones arent. The @task_force_radio folder is listed in the directory though.

HM... Could you try to disable other addon one by one and test? Probably some of them uses OnEachFrame

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

BTW, Does anyone hears mumbling voices sometimes while playing TFAR with AGM?

The JTAC explosives mod was removed which solved part of the problem. Its working but it reads as 'not deployed on server'.

Its def on the server and in the startup parameter.

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Got it working. I made sure JTAC explosives was removed from the start up parameter and the add on itself was out. I then moved TFAR to the end of my Startup Parameter and hey presto.

Sorted.

Bloody hell.

Edited by markh7991

Hi All,

I've just installed TFR on our Arma 3 Life server, it works brilliantly, radio works etc, but it doesn't seem to locally mute other users, new server that we have just set up so when admins jump in i can hear them talking whilst there outside of game, can anyone advise how to fix this? be much appreciated :)

I vaguely remember seeing some sort of walkthrough before for TFAR showing how to change the encryption codes.

I'm I hallucinating? Or does a walkthrough like this actually exist?

It would be cool to have a slightly detailed users manual to show the more in depth features of TFAR. I could've sworn something like that was floating around but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Hi All,

I've just installed TFR on our Arma 3 Life server, it works brilliantly, radio works etc, but it doesn't seem to locally mute other users, new server that we have just set up so when admins jump in i can hear them talking whilst there outside of game, can anyone advise how to fix this? be much appreciated :)

Create channel TaskForceRadio with 123 password.

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

I vaguely remember seeing some sort of walkthrough before for TFAR showing how to change the encryption codes.

I'm I hallucinating? Or does a walkthrough like this actually exist?

It would be cool to have a slightly detailed users manual to show the more in depth features of TFAR. I could've sworn something like that was floating around but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Encryption codes possible to change via API (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki) or by modules in editor.

Ok I'm wearing my flame suit, and if you choose to shun me and insult me I will understand.

But does anyone have a link to where i can download the ACRE2 sound pack for TaskForce radio? Don't get me wrong I love the mod but I just feel like a change and the ACRE sounds do sound a bit more authentic.

I used to have a link to someones Mega.co.nz page that had them hosted. But I formatted a while ago and lost them in the reinstall. Otherwise does anyone have a link to some alternative radio sounds.

Before anyone comments why don't I use ACRE. Well you know exactly why I don't use ACRE; TFAR is superior in every way not to mention used by so many more people.

I just feel like a change with the sounds is all. And if you have the ACRE sounds I'd be much appreciated.

Almost all TFAR sounds are real sounds from real radios. You can't have "more authentic" ;)

cubase5_screensts2b.jpg

mic5psbe.jpg

And to answer your question, as long as they don't release their audio files you won't get your hands on them. At least not the "normal way". Anything else would be not so cool because it's not in the interest of the ACRE modding team.

Edited by audiocustoms

Hi. I'm getting a "pipe error 6" and my TS3 crashes when I go in-game from the briefing. This is when I'm supposed to automatically be moved in the TFA channel. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks!

TFAR is superior in every way not to mention used by so many more people.

We'd love to improve - feel free to tell us what is wrong or what needs improvement in our thread, suggestions are nice ;)

P.S. Our sounds are all in acre_sys_sounds.pbo. They are base64 encoded and free to use. Just decode them, and they are flat wav (16-bit PCM mono last I checked) files.

jaynus we've been mentioning what we think can be improved with ACRE2 but usually the replies we got are 'ACRE2 aims for realism - not customer experience/comfort - deal with it'. It's pretty much like comparing a community; Do you want to play with ShackTac, or a community that makes you call the guy above you in rank Sir and take obligatory 12 hour-long bootcamp sessions before you can play? Maybe you prefer the latter, but most people don't.

Regardless of anything, I love both mods, ARMA wouldn't be the same without them. I think the 3D-position representation of ACRE and ACRE2 are far superior but that alone is not enough to warrant the effort it takes to switch. TFAR does most other things on-par with ACRE2.

We'd love to improve - feel free to tell us what is wrong or what needs improvement in our thread, suggestions are nice ;)

P.S. Our sounds are all in acre_sys_sounds.pbo. They are base64 encoded and free to use. Just decode them, and they are flat wav (16-bit PCM mono last I checked) files.

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who didn't even know you used real life sounds for your radio sounds. I am personally blown away with what audiocustoms posted.

But the only thing, and I mean the only thing I'd change in TaskForce Radio is the voice morphing when people are talking on the radio. it is a little too clear, I think ACREs voice morphing is the only thing they do better, it sounds more like you are actually on a radio.

However like I said before I have no idea what those radios actually sound like in real life so perhaps they have high quality voice audio and I'm talking out my arse. But like I said the only thing I'd like to see is better voice morphing whilst talking on the radio to make it sound more 'Radioey'

Also can you tell me how to best go about decoding the acre_sys_sounds_2_1_0_750.pbo I used Armed Assault PBO unpacker which is what I use when I want to reverse engineer game pbos but all acre_sys_sounds_2_1_0_750 had in it was a DePbo.dll file and no wavs.

Cheers

Edited by ShakyBones11

If you load ACRE2 at least once in game with the plugin in TS loaded you can find the actual wav files in your temp folder in a folder called acre (or something like that, i cant remember what i called it). ACRE2 stores all of its sounds in a format that Arma can read and send to TS3 so "sound mods" if anyone chooses to make them are the same as any other Arma addon. If you open the .b64 files you'll see they are arrays of base 64 encoded lines, remove the SQF syntax and just leave the base 64 text and decode it to a wav file.

Hi. I'm getting a "pipe error 6" and my TS3 crashes when I go in-game from the briefing. This is when I'm supposed to automatically be moved in the TFA channel. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks!

Do you use some special audio card software? Was it worked before?

If you load ACRE2 at least once in game with the plugin in TS loaded you can find the actual wav files in your temp folder in a folder called acre (or something like that, i cant remember what i called it). ACRE2 stores all of its sounds in a format that Arma can read and send to TS3 so "sound mods" if anyone chooses to make them are the same as any other Arma addon. If you open the .b64 files you'll see they are arrays of base 64 encoded lines, remove the SQF syntax and just leave the base 64 text and decode it to a wav file.

First of all mate, thanks for the reply and I very much appreciate you taking the time to try and assist me getting the ACRE2 sounds.

But basically everything you said might as well have been in Chinese. I work for a finance company I have almost zero knowledge in IT. I've linked this forum to a buddy of mine who might have a better understanding and hopefully he can make sense of it.

For you info though I did launch ACRE2 in game and in taskforce radio it all connected and worked fine in ArmA 3. Checked my windows temp folder there was nothing in there related to ACRE. I checked for a temp folder in ArmA 3, My Documents Arma 3 folders, TaskForce Radio and my mod directory and couldn't find one. Either way unless I found the actual wav file I wouldn't have a freaking clue how to decode the .b64 files. I know I must sound like a 17 year old Honda Civic driver showing up to a Drag racing meet with my noobishness.

So I think I'll just keep searching the net from time to time and see if I can't find that Mega.co.nz account with the sounds already in it. But thanks heaps again, I really appreciate it.

I'm having issues changing the key mapping in addon controls. The controls will not accept a mouse key for SW talk key (mouse button 4), any idea?

So is there any plans for a update soon? Would like some more content! *Cough* Transmitters *Cough*