nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

boggler;2865455']After using the version 0.9.6 the last months our group decided to update the mod today with the result of a lot of pain for me. The clicks and interferences are so loud' date=' the i had to quit an event. I had similar issues with acre the year before last and was happy when TFAR appeared. @nkey, is there any solution or idea what went wrong? For the info, I'm using an Asus Xonar Xense card.

Could you record a video?

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

I installed TFAR yesterday, and everything seems to be working perfectly, with the execption of directional audio in close proximity chat.

We were a group of about 10 players in a channel testing, and everything worked fine for them. I hear people talking fine, problem is that the sound is always centered when using close proximity chat (not radio).

I've tried reinstalling cba, TFAR and TS plugins, anyone that can help?

Latest 0.9.7 version?

Could you record a video?

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Latest 0.9.7 version?

Yes, running latest version for both game and ts.

Hi,

I've rebound my TFAR keys to my Function keys.... [F1] shortrange transmit, [F2] longrange transmit, SHIFT+[F1] SR config.... etc etc...

All behaves as you'd expect until i reach [F5] - [F8] where arma radio/command UI takes over and gets in the way.

Does anyway know a way to disable the native arma bindings for the F keys?

Gav

Hey is there anyway to change the key bindings for TFR? Because I am trying to set it up with A3W but some of the binds with it are conflicting. So is it possible to change the binds? (Sorry for the stupid question)

Hey is there anyway to change the key bindings for TFR? Because I am trying to set it up with A3W but some of the binds with it are conflicting. So is it possible to change the binds? (Sorry for the stupid question)

ESC > Controls > Configure Addons (bottom right of the pane)

You'll find TFAR under the drop down menu and all the keybindings.

ESC > Controls > Configure Addons (bottom right of the pane)

You'll find TFAR under the drop down menu and all the keybindings.

TFAR doesn't show up what do? Like it shows no addons at all.

Edited by Jayceface

I believe I have set Task Force Radio up to my dedicated server, but when I get into the server I get this error message, "No Task Force Radio deployed on server!" Can someone point me into the right direction?

I believe I have set Task Force Radio up to my dedicated server, but when I get into the server I get this error message, "No Task Force Radio deployed on server!" Can someone point me into the right direction?

Did you place down the TFAR Module? Did you define the Radio Channel correctly? Simply remove the module for a test run.

^^ I have 2 servers at this time. one of them is running the radio smoothly. the other of which I've copied the files over from the running server and it still just will give me an error and some players end up NOT being able to open up their radios and similar issues that have come up in the past....but i just cant clear it up.

Did you place down the TFAR Module? Did you define the Radio Channel correctly? Simply remove the module for a test run.

Did I what? I don't remember having to do any steps such as placing TFAR Module or defining the Radio Channel the last time I installed the mod to my local server.

If it says "You must load an intro/world/mission to view/change", then I'd suggest doing as it says. As long as you have CBA and TFAR running, launch a mission, jump in the editor and preview, join a server, etc... anything that allows you to play as a character, then go ahead and follow the ESC > Controls > Configure Addons. It's worked for me since they implemented the menu.

Did I what? I don't remember having to do any steps such as placing TFAR Module or defining the Radio Channel the last time I installed the mod to my local server.

You don't, but there is a Module which you can define some functions for TFAR. Functions like automaticly move all TFAR Users in a specific Channel, Spawn with LR/SR radios etc.

If you define a wrong channel, it won't work.

I had the same issue on the dedicated server and when I removed the Module, it started working. Was just an idea. ;-)

TFR keeps changing frequencies in-game any ideas. Searched everywhere can't even find ppl witht he same problem

Sounds like you used some kind of old/outdated/buggy gear saving/loading script of some kind that messes up the radio IDs.

This used to happen with old version of VAS, for example.

Anyway, nkey will know :)

I'd like to know how to prevent that as well, in case it happens to my projects as well.

If I am not mistaken: Never save/load a radio item with a specific ID - only save/load the base class instead.

Most VAS-like scripts out there seem to take care of that already, though.

So how exactly do I go about removing the module?

Well, you can only remove the module if you have placed it (with F7). If it's a mission which wasnt made by you, check the Mission.sqm file for any TFAR/Task Force Arrowhead entries. If you can't find any, no module is placed and you have another issue causing your problem.

Hi there

Is there a way to get a player direct speech volume ?

I'd like to get the info if a player is talking by whispering, normal or yelling

Can i do something like _volume = TF_speak_volume_level player; ?

Thanks

Hi there

I'd like to get the info if a player is talking by whispering, normal or yelling

Thanks

A list of functions is available here: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Functions. Click the function name to see usage examples.

A list of functions is available here: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Functions. Click the function name to see usage examples.

Yey i know, but i can't find any function to do that :/

The only function with voice is setVoiceVolume, and there are juste 2 getVolume, 1 for LR, 1 for SW... No get direct speech volume :/

Do it while in-game.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Hi there

Thanks

Yes, just read TF_speak_volume_level variable as far as I remember.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

TFR keeps changing frequencies in-game any ideas. Searched everywhere can't even find ppl witht he same problem

Yes, it is probably because radio IDs duplication. TFAR have some things to avoid it, but probably it is not works in 100%. So, check you loadout scripts.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

^^ I have 2 servers at this time. one of them is running the radio smoothly. the other of which I've copied the files over from the running server and it still just will give me an error and some players end up NOT being able to open up their radios and similar issues that have come up in the past....but i just cant clear it up.

What is error code? Any errors in RPT? Same TS for 2 arma servers?

Not sure if asked already but, is there plans in the future (or currently available) that allows users to setup something (Like a antennae or dish, etc.) in order to establish communications with somewhere much further away? My unit currently is deployed on Clafghan where the deep and tall valleys prevents a lot of these FOBs from communicating with the main base for support. They end up sending a guy to the mountain top (which can be dangerous) in order to communicate with the next closest base and repeat the entire process in order to bounce the message all the way to command.

Would be nice if I could have each unit setup an antennae on the mountain peaks nearest to them and setup a nice network between all the FOB's and base.

Not sure if asked already but, is there plans in the future (or currently available) that allows users to setup something (Like a antennae or dish, etc.) in order to establish communications with somewhere much further away? My unit currently is deployed on Clafghan where the deep and tall valleys prevents a lot of these FOBs from communicating with the main base for support. They end up sending a guy to the mountain top (which can be dangerous) in order to communicate with the next closest base and repeat the entire process in order to bounce the message all the way to command.

Would be nice if I could have each unit setup an antennae on the mountain peaks nearest to them and setup a nice network between all the FOB's and base.

Yes, transmitters are planned.

I don't use loadout scripts :S if I manage to find anything I will keep you informed. Pls contact me as well if u find anything