nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Currently no...

I would love to see (hear...) this. Imagine the possibilities! :p

Yes I want to be able to set a specific frequency for a specific channel classified in a variable, furthermore I want to set the additional channel(hence the two function I found on github)

I have a friend who plays with me who isn't able to see the notification for switching from whisper/normal/yelling. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be or what might be done to fix it?

Hello guys, and thank you for read me!

I have that problem with my linux server!

The radio work but it is written "No task force radio deployed on server" :( .. What is the solution?

I boot my server with the line -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio... I try with " with \... I try to put the in server.cfg... Nothing work!

Help me please :'(

You should not do it, use just "tf_anprc152" and everything will work as expected.
Okay, thank you, will try it today.

Forgot to answer. Yes, that helped. Thanks!

Weird question, but how hard would it be to display to one player (the gm/zeus) the status of each player's 'voice volume' (normal, yelling, whispering) during gameplay somewhere? Or does anyone have any ideas of where this could go? Maybe over their icon in the 3d editor, or a little text in the corner whenever anyone talks just locally?

It would be very useful for roleplaying missions with Zeus (the main type of game our group plays now), to be able to somehow see what this is set to, ensuring they're not yelling to each other while being near unaware AI, so Zeus could make the AI react if they start doing so. We're just using the honor system for now, but it would definitely be a nice little feature, maybe there's an easy way to get that information in code?

And just wanted to say thanks for all your work on the mod. Easily the most mandatory mod in Arma 3 IMO. :D

Yes I want to be able to set a specific frequency for a specific channel classified in a variable, furthermore I want to set the additional channel(hence the two function I found on github)

What data in "_array = (player getVariable "TFR");" ?

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

I have a friend who plays with me who isn't able to see the notification for switching from whisper/normal/yelling. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be or what might be done to fix it?

Maybe some tricky desktop resolution?

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Hello guys, and thank you for read me!

I have that problem with my linux server!

The radio work but it is written "No task force radio deployed on server" :( .. What is the solution?

I boot my server with the line -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio... I try with " with \... I try to put the in server.cfg... Nothing work!

Help me please :'(

Check server RPT for errors.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Weird question, but how hard would it be to display to one player (the gm/zeus) the status of each player's 'voice volume' (normal, yelling, whispering) during gameplay somewhere? Or does anyone have any ideas of where this could go? Maybe over their icon in the 3d editor, or a little text in the corner whenever anyone talks just locally?

It would be very useful for roleplaying missions with Zeus (the main type of game our group plays now), to be able to somehow see what this is set to, ensuring they're not yelling to each other while being near unaware AI, so Zeus could make the AI react if they start doing so. We're just using the honor system for now, but it would definitely be a nice little feature, maybe there's an easy way to get that information in code?

And just wanted to say thanks for all your work on the mod. Easily the most mandatory mod in Arma 3 IMO. :D

Currently you could check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Events

You could use local event to set volume into playes object. And on OnSpeak show the icon.

Currently you could check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Events

You could use local event to set volume into playes object. And on OnSpeak show the icon.

Ah well, this leads me to an idea.

Its not possible to play back (unmute) a specific players voice yet for camera/spectator, right? My rough custom spec cam currently displays the players name if you come close, would be so great to hear the voice as well.

Sorry for answering with such a long time, holidays etc...

My question was

"Hi there.

Is it possible to make a frequency listenable only, except for one TS client, like by setting it with the TS unique ID ?

Could you do something like that if not ?

Thanks"

Probably not... Why do you wan to do it? (maybe it is possible to do something similar)

Cause i'd like to make some sort of emergency broadcast frequency

Like you turn on your radio on 77.7 and you have a TS BOT or something like a unique TS client which is broadcasting an audio stream, but other clients shoudn't use this frequency to speak etc...

The really cool thing would be allow clients on TS with a permission to speak on that frequency.. So juste have to create a TS group and put people i wan't to use this unique frequency in this group

Yeah I got an array with data, but even without the array and where I manually add the information to the function I still get an error i.e.

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 7, "777"] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;
[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 1] call TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel;

I get following errors in rpt

18:02:12 Error in expression <ult = _x};
true;
} count (assignedItems currentUnit);
_result}>
18:02:12   Error position: <currentUnit);
_result}>
18:02:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: currentunit
18:02:12 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_activeSwRadio.sqf, line 24
18:02:12 Error in expression <y = _this select 2;

_lr = if (typename _radio == "STRING") then { false }else{t>
18:02:12   Error position: <_radio == "STRING") then { false }else{t>
18:02:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: _radio
18:02:12 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_SetChannelFrequency.sqf, line 8

and

18:02:49 Error in expression <;
_variableName = format["%1_settings", _radio_id];
_local = false;
if (count _t>
18:02:49   Error position: <_radio_id];
_local = false;
if (count _t>
18:02:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: _radio_id
18:02:49 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_setSwSettings.sqf, line 26
18:02:49 Error in expression <el_to_set = _this select 1;
_settings = _radio_id call TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings;
i>
18:02:49   Error position: <_radio_id call TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings;
i>
18:02:49 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_setAdditionalSwChannel.sqf, line 6

Probably it is because your Arma nickname is smaller than 2 symbols. At least 3 required.

That is the most retarded thing I ever heard. Guys with two letters in nickname (used since OFP!) are cursing you guys....

Try using a 2 letter nick in Teamspeak. Not possible.

this would be an issue tho because TFR synchronises the names when you load into mission?

Hello, Im not sure if im in the right thread for this but Me and several others have had a issue with TFAR on our server. It just wont work properly. There are times where we could get the radio to squawk with caps lock and almost all the other times it just wouldnt even come up. For what we've been able to dig up everything is installed correctly. And for alot of us if we host a session from our PC it works perfectly.

Is it a problem with NFOServers/Dedicated Servers? We've been stumped for 2+days on this and we really want to get this working for the unit.

Any tips on installing to a Dedicated Server would be helpful so i can forward this to my CO. Below i'll list what we've been encountering:

1) When hitting caps lock it seems like alot of guys are talking in direct. after x amount of distance they fade out. Sometimes you just cant hear jack sh**.

2) Task force arrowhead radio not deployed on server (always ignored that when hosting my own session cause it still worked)

3) Personal Radio/Short Range Radios wont pop-up when hitting cntrl p but long range do.

4) Ran into a problem as im typing this, one guy that had everything perfect joined my server i was hosting and when he talked it went through TS like normal (not tfr) yet just 20min earlier this other guy, running the exact same mods and everything, work perfect.

And countless more that all have something to do with the above in some form or another. Alot of us figure that we might be overlooking some embarrisly minor detail in plain sight but we just don't know. We are stumped! As for the server. the keys are in, the command line is correct (i haven't personally seen it, but i sat there for hours listening in as leadership tried to figure out what was goin on). from what we get on forum after forum the files all appear to be in the right spot.

Hi...

TFAR has to be deployed on your server at any time to use TFAR! No mather what kind of server you are using. When you are hosting a session with TFAR you are also the server hosting TFAR. Keep that in mind.

Let's do a little checklisting ;)

- Is your server running TFAR properly? Would you mind posting the startup parameters from your server?

- Is VON (Voice Over Net, Arma build in coms) deactivated on your server?

- Is EVERYBODY running Arma and TS3 as administrator?

- Is everybody running a compatible version of TS3?

- Does everybody has a folder called "task_force_radio" in his userconfig folder and a "radio_keys.hpp" and a "radio_settings.hpp" in it?

- Does everybody has a file called "task_force_radio_win64.dll" (64bit OS) or "task_force_radio_win32.dll" (32bit OS) in the TS3 plugin folder? Is there also a folder called "radio-sounds"?

Check those things and tell me what you found out. Cheers

Ah well, this leads me to an idea.

Its not possible to play back (unmute) a specific players voice yet for camera/spectator, right? My rough custom spec cam currently displays the players name if you come close, would be so great to hear the voice as well.

Probably you could, check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Functions#TFAR_fnc_forceSpectator

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

My question was

"Hi there.

Is it possible to make a frequency listenable only, except for one TS client, like by setting it with the TS unique ID ?

Thanks"

Like you turn on your radio on 77.7 and you have a TS BOT or something like a unique TS client which is broadcasting an audio stream, but other clients shoudn't use this frequency to speak etc...

The really cool thing would be allow clients on TS with a permission to speak on that frequency.. So juste have to create a TS group and put people i wan't to use this unique frequency in this group

You could create a script and check all radios freqs time to time. And if one of freqs is 77.7 - just play audio sound in arma...

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

My question was

"Hi there.

Thanks"

You could create a script and check all radios freqs time to time. And if one of freqs is 77.7 - just play audio sound in arma...

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Yeah I got an array with data, but even without the array and where I manually add the information to the function I still get an error i.e.

[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 7, "777"] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;
[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), 1] call TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel;

I get following errors in rpt

18:02:12 Error in expression <ult = _x};
true;
} count (assignedItems currentUnit);
_result}>
18:02:12   Error position: <currentUnit);
_result}>
18:02:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: currentunit
18:02:12 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_activeSwRadio.sqf, line 24
18:02:12 Error in expression <y = _this select 2;

_lr = if (typename _radio == "STRING") then { false }else{t>
18:02:12   Error position: <_radio == "STRING") then { false }else{t>
18:02:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: _radio
18:02:12 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_SetChannelFrequency.sqf, line 8

and

18:02:49 Error in expression <;
_variableName = format["%1_settings", _radio_id];
_local = false;
if (count _t>
18:02:49   Error position: <_radio_id];
_local = false;
if (count _t>
18:02:49 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_setSwSettings.sqf, line 26
18:02:49 Error in expression <el_to_set = _this select 1;
_settings = _radio_id call TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings;
i>
18:02:49   Error position: <_radio_id call TFAR_fnc_getSwSettings;
i>
18:02:49 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_setAdditionalSwChannel.sqf, line 6

Try to call this code after few seconds from game start...

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

That is the most retarded thing I ever heard. Guys with two letters in nickname (used since OFP!) are cursing you guys....

It is because TS limitation... Someday I'll fix it.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

this would be an issue tho because TFR synchronises the names when you load into mission?

yes, exactly.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

RPT file don't exist on linux server, i searched in the logs but nothing...

as I remember there is an issue on linux server then it is required manually load "curator" addon (check here http://dev.arma3.com/post/techrep-00007 )

If i wanted to add TFAR to my mods what should i do?

Is there any guide with the config entires i need?

Hi...

TFAR has to be deployed on your server at any time to use TFAR! No mather what kind of server you are using. When you are hosting a session with TFAR you are also the server hosting TFAR. Keep that in mind.

Let's do a little checklisting ;)

- Is your server running TFAR properly? Would you mind posting the startup parameters from your server?

- Does everybody has a folder called "task_force_radio" in his userconfig folder and a "radio_keys.hpp" and a "radio_settings.hpp" in it?

- Does everybody has a file called "task_force_radio_win64.dll" (64bit OS) or "task_force_radio_win32.dll" (32bit OS) in the TS3 plugin folder? Is there also a folder called "radio-sounds"?

Check those things and tell me what you found out. Cheers

We found the problem. Funny thing is that apparently it was something to do with placing down modules in the editor. But, as of now everything is working 400%.

Hell and thank you for your answer :)

That is the question, i suppose. The radio work, we communicate with them, i have only this message to spawm... I don't understand :/

I tried différents possibility: -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio or without "@" or with "/" (-mod=/@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio)

Yes i modified that on server.cfg

We play arma 3 with ArmaSync on administrator, TS3 no but the radio work perfectly on an other server.

Yes, she work anywhere :/

Yes i show you:

-Arma3server

-@CBA_A3

-@task_force_radio

-userconfig

I tried with userconfig on @task_force_radio, don't work too

Thank you.

OK I tried to add a waituntil command so my block of code would be

waitUntil {sleep 0.3; !isNull player || time > 5};
if (!isNil {player getVariable ["TFR", nil]}) then
{
_array = (player getVariable "TFR");
_countThis = count _array;
_channel = if (_countThis >= 1) then { _array select 0; }else{0}; // Optional
_freq = if (_countThis >= 2) then {format ["%1",_array select 1];}else{0}; // Optional
_alternative = if (_countThis >= 3) then { _array select 2; }else{0}; // Optional
if (_channel!=0 AND _freq != 0)then{
	[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _channel, _freq] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;
};
if (_alternative != 0) then {
	[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _alternative] call TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel;
};
};

Still gets the same errors, seems like it can't find the radio

Alright, so I've been using this for a while now, but all of a sudden, I can no longer open my short-wave using ctrl+p or change my talking volume, but I can open the long wave without any issues. Any suggestions?

@french33be

Sry, can't help you there. I don't know how linux server work...

@S-Wolf

Good to hear

@Deny_001

maybe your radio_keys.hpp is corrupted. Try replaceing it and bind your keys ind Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons (you need to be running a mission with TFAR)

Edited by audiocustoms

That's the thing mate, I don't have the radio_keys.hpp in my userconfig.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

I see what you mean. I fixed it. Thanks a lot mate, I owe you.