nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

ItemRadio will automatically replaced by correct radio for player. Not sure why you can't do it.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Because I want exactly that radio for my units, and not some autoassigned radio that is useless after a few meters (riflemanradio)

Probably you assign radio to some faction, but it is not faction radio. In such case TFAR not set team frequencies to it (because it is "enemy" radio).

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

I make only coop and I use only two kind of blufor radio "tf_anprc152" for everyone and "tf_rt1523g" for team leaders, I use only blufor for players unit so how can I possibly use some different faction radio?

This second time we played the same mission, the bug is no more present. Don't know why

are you aware that u are able to set a secondary channel with 1 SW radio? if your interested I will write up how (its a little confusing). has helped me out a lot when commanding multiple teams and u don't want them sharing a SW channel.

@NKEY - a few questions.

this is how we have configured TFR since early release.

init.sqf

// TFR mod configuration
#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

};

just wondering if this is still good practice? or is it better to us modules in the mission?

and also would u be able to edit this so that we can define all our LR freq to 50.

thanks

It is OK,

try

_settingsLRWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings;

_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52" ...... ]];

tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLRWest;

publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Yes, and it isn't only me. It's happening with 3 of my friends too.

Probably addon is not enabled in the game... Recheck your installation.

A problem that happens pretty frequently on our servers.

Our Long Range Radios (ASIP and even the 5.11s from TFA mod) randomly change the frequencies), it doesnt seem to happen to the SW radios

We have confirmed everyone is using the same up to date version of TFAR.

Any ideas?

Well, we got that strange bug again. With tfar changing frequencies randomly. I'll try to describe how that's happening.

We start off as one squad and we all have different frequencies on the start. So as everyone starts to changing frequencies to something like 100.0 the "Syncing the server key" or something like that appears.

After we all set the same frequency it stops doing that but after some time or after someone respawns it changes frequency for everybody or for the player that respawned.

It's not happening every time, completely random. The last map we played on was Thirsk Winter if that can help.

I have only every come across that bug due to poor mission design and also poor mod management. im not being self righteous and im not implying anything about you, im just saying that if your team has good mission design structure and you are strict at making sure everyone has the exact same version of mods that the server does, then you shouldn't come across issues like this.

we used to do joint operations with another clan who did not use keys on their server and also let all members choose their gear with VAS at the start of the mission and these problems were so common its not funny.

I guess my advice is, try to run keys for your mods. you could also put this in the mission init so that all members frequencies are synced and all u have to do is tell the second or third squad to switch channels.

// TFR mod configuration

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]]; 

};

also try to see if the switching of frequencies is consistent when someone JIPs the server as this can happen if the mission isn't setup correctly for TFR

A problem that happens pretty frequently on our servers.

Our Long Range Radios (ASIP and even the 5.11s from TFA mod) randomly change the frequencies), it doesnt seem to happen to the SW radios

We have confirmed everyone is using the same up to date version of TFAR.

Any ideas?

To random values? Or to values someone else use?

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Well, we got that strange bug again. With tfar changing frequencies randomly. I'll try to describe how that's happening.

We start off as one squad and we all have different frequencies on the start. So as everyone starts to changing frequencies to something like 100.0 the "Syncing the server key" or something like that appears.

After we all set the same frequency it stops doing that but after some time or after someone respawns it changes frequency for everybody or for the player that respawned.

It's not happening every time, completely random. The last map we played on was Thirsk Winter if that can help.

Probably it is because incorrect loadout. What is your radio item in mission config?

I have only every come across that bug due to poor mission design and also poor mod management. im not being self righteous and im not implying anything about you, im just saying that if your team has good mission design structure and you are strict at making sure everyone has the exact same version of mods that the server does, then you shouldn't come across issues like this.

we used to do joint operations with another clan who did not use keys on their server and also let all members choose their gear with VAS at the start of the mission and these problems were so common its not funny.

I guess my advice is, try to run keys for your mods. you could also put this in the mission init so that all members frequencies are synced and all u have to do is tell the second or third squad to switch channels.

// TFR mod configuration

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]]; 

};

also try to see if the switching of frequencies is consistent when someone JIPs the server as this can happen if the mission isn't setup correctly for TFR

How do you set the mission up correctly for TFR? You mean with the placement of the TFR modules?

Also, if using that init line are players able to change the frequencies in game? Or are they locked into those freqs?

They arent locked, it just starts everyone on those freqs. U can do the same with modules, but we have found this way is more reliable

Probably it is because incorrect loadout. What is your radio item in mission config?

We used "tf_anprc152_2" and we played as BLUFOR.

They arent locked, it just starts everyone on those freqs. U can do the same with modules, but we have found this way is more reliable

Thanks so much for the help

We used "tf_anprc152_2" and we played as BLUFOR.

You should not do it, use just "tf_anprc152" and everything will work as expected.

You should not do it, use just "tf_anprc152" and everything will work as expected.

Okay, thank you, will try it today.

Because I want exactly that radio for my units, and not some autoassigned radio that is useless after a few meters (riflemanradio)

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = TRUE; in init.sqf (or TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 1; in server's userconfig file) means commander radios will be given instead of rifleman radios, or you can use TF_defaultWestRiflemanRadio, TF_defaultEastRiflemanRadio etc to define the exact radios that ItemRadio will be replaced with.

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Classes

(but if it works already then I guess there's no problem)

Hey nkey,

don't know if it's already asked, but can we expect relay antennas or stations?

Could someone walk me through installing this on my server? I tried but it wasn't working correctly.

U just need to run the mod folder @task_force_radio (search how to do that) and make sure u install the userconfig folder also.

Same process for clients except they also need to install teamspeak plugins.

@CBA is also a requirement to run

Could someone walk me through installing this on my server? I tried but it wasn't working correctly.

What have you tried, what was not working?

What kind of server do you use, a root server or a hosted game server?

Do you even know how to set up a server? (no offence, just asking 2b sure)

I got the script to work all the way to, where I want to set a specific frequency to a channel and set additional channel, does these function still work?

// Serious mode
tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; //not giving long range by default(using classnames in loadout), default=false.

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true; //default=false.

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true; //default=false.

TF_terrain_interception_coefficient = "7.0"; //How much terrain is intercepting, default=7.

// Able sides to use same frequency
tf_west_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";

_array = (player getVariable "TFR");
_channel = _array select 0;
_freq = format ["%1",_array select 1;];
_alternative = _array select 2;
[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _channel, _freq] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;
[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _alternative] call TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel;
};

got the call function from https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setSwFrequency

I (and several of my friends) have our Arma game sounds playing through desktop speakers, whilst TS3 comes through a headset/ear-piece.

It would be great if non-radio voice communications could be ported to go through speakers along with all the other 'local' game sounds, whilst radio voice communications are sent through TS3 to the headset.

Having a surround speaker setup, it would be great to hear people talking locally behind me, for example, whilst in my ear I can hear voice comms from distant colleagues etc.

Is that a possibility? Would be a great option for realism.

Otherwise great mod. Without question, the biggest game-changing Arma add-on there is :)

TFAR is one of the best mods out there for Arma 3. Very fantastic mod from personal experience

TFAR is one of the best mods out there for Arma 3. Very fantastic mod from personal experience

What we need is TFAR to be incorporated into the Arma 3 engine :) .....40 peeps on my pub server every night now and there are times when I really wish this method of handling comms was standard on Arma.

I (and several of my friends) have our Arma game sounds playing through desktop speakers, whilst TS3 comes through a headset/ear-piece.

It would be great if non-radio voice communications could be ported to go through speakers along with all the other 'local' game sounds, whilst radio voice communications are sent through TS3 to the headset.

Having a surround speaker setup, it would be great to hear people talking locally behind me, for example, whilst in my ear I can hear voice comms from distant colleagues etc.

Otherwise great mod. Without question, the biggest game-changing Arma add-on there is :)

I second this!

I bet dat will be never happen because arma dev don't want it. It's impossible even if arma 5 came out.

Is there any function to make some radio broadcast with TFAR? I mean some persistent transmission with some pre-configured audio files in mission or addons? So players could choose specific channel and hear it.

Hey nkey,

don't know if it's already asked, but can we expect relay antennas or stations?

Yes, in future.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

I got the script to work all the way to, where I want to set a specific frequency to a channel and set additional channel, does these function still work?

// Serious mode
tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; //not giving long range by default(using classnames in loadout), default=false.

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true; //default=false.

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true; //default=false.

TF_terrain_interception_coefficient = "7.0"; //How much terrain is intercepting, default=7.

// Able sides to use same frequency
tf_west_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";
tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";

_array = (player getVariable "TFR");
_channel = _array select 0;
_freq = format ["%1",_array select 1;];
_alternative = _array select 2;
[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _channel, _freq] call TFAR_fnc_SetChannelFrequency;
[(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _alternative] call TFAR_fnc_setAdditionalSwChannel;
};

got the call function from https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Functions#TFAR_fnc_setSwFrequency

Not sure I got you... so, you want to pre-setup additional channel, right?

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Good idea, need to think about it.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Is there any function to make some radio broadcast with TFAR? I mean some persistent transmission with some pre-configured audio files in mission or addons? So players could choose specific channel and hear it.

Currently no...