nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Awesome work on this mod. I do have a question regarding a bug our group gets randomly throughout our missions. It's hard to pinpoint the exact situation it occurs as it usually happens a number of times during our sessions.

We basically have our radio's setup normally, has worked for us since the start of TFR, no issues like these ever before. I believe it was introduced possibly previous patch? Anyway, the issue is that when transmitting, the sound doesn't get sent.

Essentially the radio starts it's radio squelch and ends, but nobody spoke during that message. It keeps happening for numerous members of our groups, mostly in leading positions. I get it as a Squad leader and we use both the PNR-1000A and the PRC-152, the radio's aren't set to speakers and usually sticks to custom channels decided by our template. We've set the radio's to Frequencies to 10,20,30,40,50,50.1,50.2,50.3 these are custom channels we have on all our radio's basically.

Anyway we send the transmissions, nobody hears it yet everyone can hear the radio sounds (Squelch). Are there any other people who have this random occurrence of people's voice just.. not coming up on the radios, but you can clearly hear a message being sent?

Cheers

Are there any other people who have this random occurrence of people's voice just.. not coming up on the radios, but you can clearly hear a message being sent?

We also have had this from time to time, as you say though no real repro steps, just seems to happen randomly.

Hey did you asked your friend because that bug. My friend cant stop sending with the little Radio until he put this out of his inventory.

What about a base station radio that can be mounted, assembled and disassembled like a crew weapon (i.e. two backpacks)?!?!?!

Edited by sagjangi

Hey,

i don't know if this question had been asked already, but it is possible to transmit the surroundings while talking on the radio?

For example, we are under heavy fire and I talk with my boss by radio. I want that he hears my surroundings. The shots, the firing rifles and maybe the people around me talking.

Is something like that on the TFAR To-Do-List for the future, is it even possible, or is there a software that can do something like that?

At the moment my arma runs on the speakers and my teamspeak on my headset, but that isn't the best solution.

Kind regards

Hey,

i don't know if this question had been asked already, but it is possible to transmit the surroundings while talking on the radio?

For example, we are under heavy fire and I talk with my boss by radio. I want that he hears my surroundings. The shots, the firing rifles and maybe the people around me talking.

Is something like that on the TFAR To-Do-List for the future, is it even possible, or is there a software that can do something like that?

At the moment my arma runs on the speakers and my teamspeak on my headset, but that isn't the best solution.

Kind regards

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by The_Asset viewpost-right.png

Hi,

TFR is fantastic, btw, and definitely adds quite a bit to the game.

Is there a way to blend game sounds into the TFR radio transmission so that one's game sounds get blended into the transmission? For example, using the radio, those receiving can hear gunfire, or chopper sounds, etc.

I've just started to look into using VB-Voicemeeter and their virtual cable to exclude Teamspeak sounds, was wondering if anyone hear had any additional ideas?

Thanks!

reply from nkey:

Currently not possible because only 1 audio stream may be sent over TS. In case if I will mix game and TS sound into one - all peoples near transmitter will hear his game as voice.

Not exactly your question but hope that helps.

Ok, thank you

Is it possible to transmit the mixed up audio if I use a radio and works normally if I use the normal speach?

Would it work with Hotkeys to turn this feature on and off, to make sure its only activated while transmiting?

Ok, thank you

Is it possible to transmit the mixed up audio if I use a radio and works normally if I use the normal speach?

Would it work with Hotkeys to turn this feature on and off, to make sure its only activated while transmiting?

That isn't the issue, the issue is that in TFAR as in ACRE when you do not have a radio that is able to hear someone near you broadcasting you hear their voice as if they were not on a radio (just like in real life when someone speaks into a radio their voice doesn't magically stop being heard by those around them, as cool as that would be). So it'd be annoying to hear the person speaking next to you also be "saying" the gun fire and other sounds around you. It'd be confusing and weird.

You need two audio streams to do this correctly (TS only provides 1 mono stream across the network) because you'd have to send one that is just your voice, and another that is your voice mixed with your game sounds, so that way people near you would hear the unmixed sound, and people on radio would hear the mixed sound.

We also have had this from time to time, as you say though no real repro steps, just seems to happen randomly.

Yeah I wish it was easy to reproduce, I get it when I cycle the Short wave radio's a lot. I'm not sure if that's related, I hope it can get fixed. In a firefight, you won't get someone saying "You're not transmitting" and then you've sent a message that's not coming through.

It's a bit annoying :P

Guys I am having a problem. I think it has to do with my server, and how installed it.

Whenever we're ingame it says "Not connected to teamspeak". Anyone else have this problem? We have the correct plugins and all have the mod.

I Can't because in server hpp I have

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = 0;

Otherwise I can't choose which radio I want for my player.

I give radio to player in this way

this linkItem "tf_anprc152";

and TL has also this:

this addBackpack "tf_rt1523g";

ItemRadio will automatically replaced by correct radio for player. Not sure why you can't do it.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

No particular reason, I want to equip every player exactly as I like and I've learned this way to do this, by virtual arsenal I create an equipment then export and paste in a .txt then when I build the mission I create units on the map and then paste the code in their init; in every player init I give them also the radios.

There is no real reason it's only the way I learned to do stuff, why are you asking? You think that using your code would be better?

Probably you assign radio to some faction, but it is not faction radio. In such case TFAR not set team frequencies to it (because it is "enemy" radio).

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Hi there.

Is it possible to make a frequency listenable only, except for one TS client, like by setting it with the TS unique ID ?

Could you do something like that if not ?

Thanks

Probably not... Why do you wan to do it? (maybe it is possible to do something similar)

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

nkey i tested it on a vanilla mission and it did not occur at all but attempting to host a mission that i made it appeared yet again

Probably something related to scripts used in missions... Can't exactly say without mission code.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Allright a bit of a sneak peak from me. Been working on the Bussol radio recently. This will give OPFOR (e.g. RHS Russians) an authentic radio so they do not have to run around with American gear.

Heavily WIP and I'm still learning texturing so the radio does not have RHS quality unfortunately but I think it is ok.

http://i.imgur.com/DOotlKE.png

http://i.imgur.com/2XPdWos.jpg

Obviously the Bussol radio will have its own dialog.

Looks pretty cool!

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Awesome work on this mod. I do have a question regarding a bug our group gets randomly throughout our missions. It's hard to pinpoint the exact situation it occurs as it usually happens a number of times during our sessions.

We basically have our radio's setup normally, has worked for us since the start of TFR, no issues like these ever before. I believe it was introduced possibly previous patch? Anyway, the issue is that when transmitting, the sound doesn't get sent.

Essentially the radio starts it's radio squelch and ends, but nobody spoke during that message. It keeps happening for numerous members of our groups, mostly in leading positions. I get it as a Squad leader and we use both the PNR-1000A and the PRC-152, the radio's aren't set to speakers and usually sticks to custom channels decided by our template. We've set the radio's to Frequencies to 10,20,30,40,50,50.1,50.2,50.3 these are custom channels we have on all our radio's basically.

Anyway we send the transmissions, nobody hears it yet everyone can hear the radio sounds (Squelch). Are there any other people who have this random occurrence of people's voice just.. not coming up on the radios, but you can clearly hear a message being sent?

Cheers

What is distance beetween players in such cases? Is it occurs at close distance?

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Hey did you asked your friend because that bug. My friend cant stop sending with the little Radio until he put this out of his inventory.

It is really strange issue with few users - have no idea why it happens. Maybe because some CBA issue.... Is it still actual for your friend?

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

So, only way to get in touch is twitter?

Was in vacation :)

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

That isn't the issue, the issue is that in TFAR as in ACRE when you do not have a radio that is able to hear someone near you broadcasting you hear their voice as if they were not on a radio (just like in real life when someone speaks into a radio their voice doesn't magically stop being heard by those around them, as cool as that would be). So it'd be annoying to hear the person speaking next to you also be "saying" the gun fire and other sounds around you. It'd be confusing and weird.

You need two audio streams to do this correctly (TS only provides 1 mono stream across the network) because you'd have to send one that is just your voice, and another that is your voice mixed with your game sounds, so that way people near you would hear the unmixed sound, and people on radio would hear the mixed sound.

Thanks for help in explaining :)

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Guys I am having a problem. I think it has to do with my server, and how installed it.

Whenever we're ingame it says "Not connected to teamspeak". Anyone else have this problem? We have the correct plugins and all have the mod.

Do you have plugins enabled in TS?

Yes, we do.

Whats is your status in TS? (click on yourself)

Hi,

Is there a way to talk directly into the second SW radio? i mean something like the CTRL+CAPSLOCK for the LR radio!

Hi,

Is there a way to talk directly into the second SW radio? i mean something like the CTRL+CAPSLOCK for the LR radio!

no at the moment.

This is what it looks like

Task Force Radio Status (0.9.7):Connected N Play N P:0.9.7 A:

This is what it looks like

Task Force Radio Status (0.9.7):Connected N Play N P:0.9.7 A:

Is it during MP game? Have you started everything as admin?

Hi,

are you aware that u are able to set a secondary channel with 1 SW radio? if your interested I will write up how (its a little confusing). has helped me out a lot when commanding multiple teams and u don't want them sharing a SW channel.

@NKEY - a few questions.

this is how we have configured TFR since early release.

init.sqf

// TFR mod configuration
#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

};

just wondering if this is still good practice? or is it better to us modules in the mission?

and also would u be able to edit this so that we can define all our LR freq to 50.

thanks

are you aware that u are able to set a secondary channel with 1 SW radio? if your interested I will write up how (its a little confusing). has helped me out a lot when commanding multiple teams and u don't want them sharing a SW channel.

Sure would help me a lot, my problem is exactly what you say, couse in acre we are using a command radio for TL and SL, and the common radio for the team members.

From what i understand you say to set

for example

TL + SL on channel 1 frequency 50

Alfa1 members on channel 1 frequency 40

Alfa2 members on channel 2 frequency 40

and all the TL and SL have to bring with them another sw radio that is syced to channel 1 frequency 50?

I don't quite follow your last bit, but ill explain it as best I can. obviously every clan would do thing differently when it comes to command structure but this is a good example

command elements - LR ch1 freq 50

alpha SW ch1 freq 311

bravo SW ch2 freq 312

Charlie SW ch3 freq 313

Recon SW ch4 freq 314

alpha leader will have LR 50, SW ch1 for his own squad, and if needed he can set SW additional to ch2 if he needs comms with bravo.

go to controls, configure addons bottom right, TFAR and then make sure u set SW transmit Additional (not ALT)

now edit the radio in game, change to channel 2 freq 312, press the 'set additional channel' once. after that change back to channel 1. u now have both channels set with 2 different keys.

u can probably do the same for LR but u would feel like a call centre if u had 4 radios going lol

Is it during MP game? Have you started everything as admin?

Yes, and it isn't only me. It's happening with 3 of my friends too.

I don't quite follow your last bit, but ill explain it as best I can. obviously every clan would do thing differently when it comes to command structure but this is a good example

command elements - LR ch1 freq 50

alpha SW ch1 freq 311

bravo SW ch2 freq 312

Charlie SW ch3 freq 313

Recon SW ch4 freq 314

alpha leader will have LR 50, SW ch1 for his own squad, and if needed he can set SW additional to ch2 if he needs comms with bravo.

go to controls, configure addons bottom right, TFAR and then make sure u set SW transmit Additional (not ALT)

now edit the radio in game, change to channel 2 freq 312, press the 'set additional channel' once. after that change back to channel 1. u now have both channels set with 2 different keys.

u can probably do the same for LR but u would feel like a call centre if u had 4 radios going lol

I guess that i get your point. I have typed it that way so that we can get rid of the LR radio. Thank you very much for the explaination.

So if i setup the squad like:

Alfa1 TL has ( SW radio on CH 1 Fr 31, and SW radio on CH 1 Fr 50)

Alfa1 members ( SW radio on CH 1 Fr 31 )

Alfa2 TL has ( SW radio on CH 2 Fr 32, and SW radio on CH 1 Fr 50)

Alfa2 members ( SW radio on CH 2 Fr 32 )

Alfa3 TL has ( SW radio on CH 3 Fr 33, and SW radio on CH 1 Fr 50)

Alfa3 members ( SW radio on CH 3 Fr 33 )

And set the "SW transmit Additional" on the TL's SW radio on CH 1 Fr 50 would it work?

No you are trying to use 2 physical SW radios. The way i explained is with 1 radio that has 2 channels.

Edit - actually sorry that would be fine, except the second channel cant be the same channel (i think) so just make command net ch5 freq 50 instead of ch1 coz that wont work for alfa1

Edited by Azer1234

No you are trying to use 2 physical SW radios. The way i explained is with 1 radio that has 2 channels.

Edit - actually sorry that would be fine, except the second channel cant be the same channel (i think) so just make command net ch5 freq 50 instead of ch1 coz that wont work for alfa1

Thank you very much!