nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Currently not possible because only 1 audio stream may be sent over TS. In case if I will mix game and TS sound into one - all peoples near transmitter will hear his game as voice.

Hi nKey,

Actually, we were able to come up with a configuration which enables both user voice and audio sounds to be transmitted across to all clients.

We used:

1. Teamspeak + TFR

2. Ventrilo

3. VoiceMeeter

Using the above pieces of software (with some configuration changes), we send system sounds (game sounds, gun fire, vehicle sounds, foot steps, etc.) over Ventrilo triggered by CAPS LOCK only, while using the default CAPS LOCK or ALT to send expected voice via TFR/Teamspeak.

This effectively gives our team the ability to hear each other via 3D audio while speaking normally (using the ALT key), but when we're using the radio, it will transmit all local ambient sounds blended with the person's voice. This gives the natural effect of hearing what is around the person (while under fire, etc.) when using the radio.

Edited by The_Asset

Hi nKey,

Actually, we were able to come up with a configuration which enables both user voice and audio sounds to be transmitted across to all clients.

We used:

1. Teamspeak + TFR

2. Ventrilo

3. VoiceMeeter

Using the above pieces of software (with some configuration changes), we send system sounds (game sounds, gun fire, vehicle sounds, foot steps, etc.) over Ventrilo triggered by CAPS LOCK only, while using the default CAPS LOCK or ALT to send expected voice via TFR/Teamspeak.

This effectively gives our team the ability to hear each other via 3D audio while speaking normally (using the ALT key), but when we're using the radio, it will transmit all local ambient sounds blended with the person's voice. This gives the natural effect of hearing what is around the person (while under fire, etc.) when using the radio.

Interesting idea, but of course Ventrillo not handles frequencies...

Interesting idea, but of course Ventrillo not handles frequencies...

Yes, definitely not a robust solution as it has many limitations.

That second stream of audio tied to TFR would be ideal. If one could have two TeamSpeak instances up hooked into the same plugin (or a way for the current implementation to separate out the two streams on the receiving end), that would be fantastic.

At this point, I whouldn't mind using a whole TFAR.exe application to play, just to get rid of the limitations. I'd just give you my Teamspeak server rent to assist development :D.

Weird bugs yesterday during a coop mission on our server.

1) Sometime randomly some of us could hear his own voice during radio transmission with very little lag. Then after some time TFAR started again to work correctly. But after some time again some of us had this bug.

2) Some of us at the beginning, has different radio fequency. They have to manually modify the frequency inside their radio. This happen sometime to one or more player. All units are on the same faction.

This is our radio_settings.hpp in userconfig\tfar on our dedicated server:

// =================================================
// Server side only
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = 0;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_same_dd_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator = 2.0;
// END: Server side only
// Client side
tf_default_radioVolume = 7;
// END: Client side

Radio are given, in the init inside the unit, at each player by:

this linkItem "tf_anprc152";

or

this addBackpack "tf_rt1523g";

and

for TeamLeaders

We have no other settings and we dind't setup any default frequencies anywhere, TFAR give us random each time but should give us the same to all player, sometime it did not.

Every time me and my group try use TFAR with me hosting the mission as a dedicated server they get a message saying "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1" Is there any way to fix this from reoccurring? everything is set up properly as well

Weird bugs yesterday during a coop mission on our server.

1) Sometime randomly some of us could hear his own voice during radio transmission with very little lag. Then after some time TFAR started again to work correctly. But after some time again some of us had this bug.

2) Some of us at the beginning, has different radio fequency. They have to manually modify the frequency inside their radio. This happen sometime to one or more player. All units are on the same faction.

This is our radio_settings.hpp in userconfig\tfar on our dedicated server:

// Server side only
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_same_dd_frequencies_for_side = 1;
tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator = 2.0;
// END: Server side only
// Client side
tf_default_radioVolume = 7;
// END: Client side

Radio are given, in the init inside the unit, at each player by:

or

and

for TeamLeaders

We have no other settings and we dind't setup any default frequencies anywhere, TFAR give us random each time but should give us the same to all player, sometime it did not.

1) probably some one have radio with speaker enabled on same freq

2) freq issue happens always?

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Every time me and my group try use TFAR with me hosting the mission as a dedicated server they get a message saying "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1" Is there any way to fix this from reoccurring? everything is set up properly as well

Hm... Even with vanilla missions?

1) Could be I'll check but but it seems like it come and goes, sometime we got this after 10 min all was ok.

Funny thing was I had all the time channel faction communication always on, in my lower left corner. Vocal comm. on server is disabled by config.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7472/16006003585_de92b96377_b.jpg (253 kB)

2) Yes, almost all the time.

Edited by DuM3D0

This has been a topic before but about 150 posts ago so i would like to raise it again..

Is there ANY way to manually configure TFR to be used with Joystik PTT buttons. Or some other workaround NOT involving a third party software emulator.

The great thing now is that Arma supports more or less all joystick buttons ( even the thrustmaster hotas) but to enable use of PTT and TFR one has to emulate the keys in another software.

If that could have been avoided by TFR directly using joystick inputs it would just make the world a better place...

If the answer above is NOCANDO..anyone have a good tip for an emulator that handles thrustmaster hotas and are NOT called TARGET?

DuM3d0, We had the same issue with TFAR changing frequencies on our server. Let's try to investigate it. Did you design your own mission? Do you have a player grouped with trigger or something? Because I found out that's what caused it. Maybe it was just some strange coincidence but it never happened after I ungrouped player and trigger in our mission.

Edited by rebelvg

DuM3d0, We had the same issue with TFAR changing frequencies on our server. Let's try to investigate it. Did you design your own mission? Do you have a player grouped with trigger or something? Because I found out that's what caused it. Maybe it was just some strange coincidence but it never happened after I ungrouped player and trigger in our mission.

No TFAR isn't changing frequencies during game, someone at the beginning of the mission (in our base at starting point) during radio check, had different fequencies. I designed our mission, but I don't understand "player grouped with trigger", I had many trigger but not any relative to a single group. Trigger are only blufor presence of ending task by neutralize some AA or downloading data from a notebook and then create a new one (a new task)

We had problem in a previous mission made by me because of ppl rejoin the game. I had some script in the init of all player to give the all equipment and stuff:

\\Caposquadra 1 (teamleader 1)

comment "Remove existing items";
removeAllWeapons this;
removeAllItems this;
removeAllAssignedItems this;
removeUniform this;
removeVest this;
removeBackpack this;
removeHeadgear this;
removeGoggles this;

comment "Add containers";
this forceAddUniform "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam";
for "_i" from 1 to 4 do {this addItemToUniform "SmokeShell";};
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToUniform "20Rnd_mas_762x51_Stanag";};
this addVest "V_PlateCarrier1_rgr";
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {this addItemToVest "20Rnd_mas_762x51_Stanag";};
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToVest "HandGrenade";};
for "_i" from 1 to 8 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Bandage";};
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Morphine";};
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Epipen";};
for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {this addItemToBackpack "AGM_Bloodbag";};
this addHeadgear "H_HelmetSpecB_blk";
this addGoggles "G_Lowprofile";

comment "Add weapons";
this addWeapon "srifle_mas_mk17s";
this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_mas_DMS";
this addWeapon "AGM_Vector";

comment "Add items";
this linkItem "ItemMap";
this linkItem "ItemCompass";
this linkItem "ItemWatch";
this linkItem "ItemGPS";

Someone in another thread told me to have this line before anything in the init because we had duplicate stuff every time someone connected to the server.

if (!isServer) exitWith {}

So without this every time some of us get a new radio and TFAR goes crazy, radio stopped working or changed freq etc. But now we have this line and ppl connect or disconnect don't duplicate stuff, so I don't know what's going on..

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Hm... Even with vanilla missions?

didn't look at vanilla missions because all we do is custom missions

we even shut off all other mods and still had the issue with it

Edited by jforslund

DuM3d0, yeah, we had the same problem with tfar. It gave everyone who are in one squad different frequencies and it changed frequencies for everyone every time someone pressed ctrl+p and opened the radio. We restarted the server a few times and it never happened again so I didn't have time to investigate.

By "player grouped with trigger" I mean when you group (f2 in the editor) player (usually squad leader) with trigger and set trigger state to whole squad. So that trigger activates only when this whole squad is present in the trigger area. The thing is when I ungrounded the trigger from the player it stopped changing frequencies for everybody on the start and every time someone opened the radio. Can't really tell if it was the trigger thing or just some coincidence.

i am having a very annoying error from teamspeak 3. I have installed and reinstalled everything correctly like 3 times. When i get in game, i get an error "nickname already in use" every 3 seconds, and TFA is not working. Yes i installed 64 bit teamspeak, and yes i am running as admin. This all started when i was in a unit that uses that thing that syncs TS3 to you in game name, ive comepletely re-installed ARMA 3 and TS3 like 3 times, but the error persists.......any ideas?

1) Could be I'll check but but it seems like it come and goes, sometime we got this after 10 min all was ok.

Funny thing was I had all the time channel faction communication always on, in my lower left corner. Vocal comm. on server is disabled by config.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7472/16006003585_de92b96377_b.jpg (253 kB)

2) Yes, almost all the time.

2) try with addItem "ItemRadio"

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

This has been a topic before but about 150 posts ago so i would like to raise it again..

Is there ANY way to manually configure TFR to be used with Joystik PTT buttons. Or some other workaround NOT involving a third party software emulator.

The great thing now is that Arma supports more or less all joystick buttons ( even the thrustmaster hotas) but to enable use of PTT and TFR one has to emulate the keys in another software.

If that could have been avoided by TFR directly using joystick inputs it would just make the world a better place...

If the answer above is NOCANDO..anyone have a good tip for an emulator that handles thrustmaster hotas and are NOT called TARGET?

It is more question to CBA, because TFAR uses CBA's keybind system.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

i am having a very annoying error from teamspeak 3. I have installed and reinstalled everything correctly like 3 times. When i get in game, i get an error "nickname already in use" every 3 seconds, and TFA is not working. Yes i installed 64 bit teamspeak, and yes i am running as admin. This all started when i was in a unit that uses that thing that syncs TS3 to you in game name, ive comepletely re-installed ARMA 3 and TS3 like 3 times, but the error persists.......any ideas?

What is your nickname in Arma? Try to change it.

2) try with addItem "ItemRadio"

I Can't because in server hpp I have

Otherwise I can't choose which radio I want for my player.

I give radio to player in this way

and TL has also this:

Thx, Nkey will forward the question, with CBA beeing the issue, this is potentially a fix that could help in many other cases too.

Autohotkey is free and good for mapping joystick buttons to keys, or if you want a more user-friendly program with a gui, xpadder is good but not free.

I Can't because in server hpp I have

Otherwise I can't choose which radio I want for my player.

I give radio to player in this way

and TL has also this:

Is this a special case for this unit, or is there some reason you can't use these variables in init.sqf to define the radios?

TF_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_anprc152g";

TF_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";

TF_defaultWestRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc152";

+ East/Guer variants (variables, classnames).

Is this a special case for this unit, or is there some reason you can't use these variables in init.sqf to define the radios?

TF_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_anprc152g";

TF_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";

TF_defaultWestRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc152";

+ East/Guer variants (variables, classnames).

No particular reason, I want to equip every player exactly as I like and I've learned this way to do this, by virtual arsenal I create an equipment then export and paste in a .txt then when I build the mission I create units on the map and then paste the code in their init; in every player init I give them also the radios.

There is no real reason it's only the way I learned to do stuff, why are you asking? You think that using your code would be better?

Hi there.

Is it possible to make a frequency listenable only, except for one TS client, like by setting it with the TS unique ID ?

Could you do something like that if not ?

Thanks

didn't look at vanilla missions because all we do is custom missions

we even shut off all other mods and still had the issue with it

nkey i tested it on a vanilla mission and it did not occur at all but attempting to host a mission that i made it appeared yet again

Thx Doveman, will try it out..

Btw i found some hints that BIS might in the future support key binds as its been a "most wanted" request.

Allright a bit of a sneak peak from me. Been working on the Bussol radio recently. This will give OPFOR (e.g. RHS Russians) an authentic radio so they do not have to run around with American gear.

Heavily WIP and I'm still learning texturing so the radio does not have RHS quality unfortunately but I think it is ok.

http://i.imgur.com/DOotlKE.png

http://i.imgur.com/2XPdWos.jpg

Obviously the Bussol radio will have its own dialog.