nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hm.. Have you tried to switch it to mono-to-stereo in TS?

I have, and obviously it didn't make the voices render in surround. :) All I noticed was an increase in general volume and an increase of the proximity effect for the voices coming from behind, effectively making them seem centered in a 5.1 setup. So from my perspective it seems I'll stick to mono to surround for now, even though it's not supposed to work that way...

Forgive me, but again, I have wonder why no mono tu surround support? Like I said it has been working well in Arma 2, and in my opinion was a trademark of ACRE in the past. Also, if we're to believe Lord Jarhead's JSRS Dragonfyre poll, we are talking of about 30% of the Arma audience (or at least his audience which, granted, might include more audiophiles, but still)...

If I have the opportunity with my community I'll do some tests with older versions, because I'm not sure of my memory anymore about certain aspects of this topic. :confused:

I never used anything other than "Mono to Stereo" in TS and the surround used to work fine with TFAR before 1.9.6 (I believe).

Does setting "Always use 3D client position when possible" in TS do anything?

Does setting "Always use 3D client position when possible" in TS do anything?

Currently should no.

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

I have, and obviously it didn't make the voices render in surround. :) All I noticed was an increase in general volume and an increase of the proximity effect for the voices coming from behind, effectively making them seem centered in a 5.1 setup. So from my perspective it seems I'll stick to mono to surround for now, even though it's not supposed to work that way...

Forgive me, but again, I have wonder why no mono tu surround support? Like I said it has been working well in Arma 2, and in my opinion was a trademark of ACRE in the past. Also, if we're to believe Lord Jarhead's JSRS Dragonfyre poll, we are talking of about 30% of the Arma audience (or at least his audience which, granted, might include more audiophiles, but still)...

If I have the opportunity with my community I'll do some tests with older versions, because I'm not sure of my memory anymore about certain aspects of this topic. :confused:

TFAR gives you 2 channel with spatial audio. Probably your software or hardware processes it somehow....

Is there any way I could bind the long range radio push to talk key to my x52pro joystick buttons, and/or having 2 different keys for one action??

Is there any way I could bind the long range radio push to talk key to my x52pro joystick buttons, and/or having 2 different keys for one action??

Use some software to bind joy to keyboard and assign key to "transmit LR ALT".

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

@nkey it worked ! But i cant play without teamspeak xd

Could you try another-bit TS? (switch from 32 to 64 or 64 to 32)

Use some software to bind joy to keyboard and assign key to "transmit LR ALT".

Understood, how about assigning 2 keys into one action??

TFAR gives you 2 channel with spatial audio. Probably your software or hardware processes it somehow....

Hmm, do you know if Razer virtual surround would mess up TFAR's spatial audio? To use Razer, the Realtek soundcard is set to 7.1 so that all the channels are sent to Razer, which then virtualises them into two channels for stereo headphones, so whatever's coming out of TFAR/Teamspeak goes into the Realtek 7.1 channels and then into Razer. So should Teamspeak still be set to mono to surround?

I was wondering if you could include a function where everyone within 3m of someone who has a backpack radio is able to access it, as in picking up the receiver? Would be amazing.

Hi,

TFR is fantastic, btw, and definitely adds quite a bit to the game.

Is there a way to blend game sounds into the TFR radio transmission so that one's game sounds get blended into the transmission? For example, using the radio, those receiving can hear gunfire, or chopper sounds, etc.

I've just started to look into using VB-Voicemeeter and their virtual cable to exclude Teamspeak sounds, was wondering if anyone hear had any additional ideas?

Thanks!

Feature suggestion - in realistic mode it would be great if dead players could hear alive players speaking when the spectating camera/seagull is close enough to them (same as in direct speech). If that's already suppose to happen consider this as a bug report :)

Yup? That's what nkey has suggested. He mentioned "alternate", which means "another key for the same action", which is different to "additional" (as in additional channel).

Very similar words but different in the TFAR context.

I was wondering if you could include a function where everyone within 3m of someone who has a backpack radio is able to access it, as in picking up the receiver? Would be amazing.

Nice idea. Has already been suggested and responded to not so many posts ago.

Feature suggestion - in realistic mode it would be great if dead players could hear alive players speaking when the spectating camera/seagull is close enough to them (same as in direct speech). If that's already suppose to happen consider this as a bug report :)

I understood from nkey's reply that this is currently already in, but only works with custom spectator scripts, since BI's own spectator system doesn't give anything to reference the current camera position.

Nice idea. Another option that would be cool is being able to select a team's radio freqs to listen to, so team 1 sr & lr, team 2 sr & lr, etc. I'm assuming that it's possible to query the frequencies just from each team leaders radios to setup a list to cycle through?

"transmit LR ALT" is second key to "transmit LR"

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Hmm, do you know if Razer virtual surround would mess up TFAR's spatial audio? To use Razer, the Realtek soundcard is set to 7.1 so that all the channels are sent to Razer, which then virtualises them into two channels for stereo headphones, so whatever's coming out of TFAR/Teamspeak goes into the Realtek 7.1 channels and then into Razer. So should Teamspeak still be set to mono to surround?

I heared someone have issues with Razer. Try without it. Also, it is better to use mono-to-stereo.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Hi,

TFR is fantastic, btw, and definitely adds quite a bit to the game.

Is there a way to blend game sounds into the TFR radio transmission so that one's game sounds get blended into the transmission? For example, using the radio, those receiving can hear gunfire, or chopper sounds, etc.

I've just started to look into using VB-Voicemeeter and their virtual cable to exclude Teamspeak sounds, was wondering if anyone hear had any additional ideas?

Thanks!

Currently not possible because only 1 audio stream may be sent over TS. In case if I will mix game and TS sound into one - all peoples near transmitter will hear his game as voice.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Planned.

I heared someone have issues with Razer. Try without it. Also, it is better to use mono-to-stereo.

Thanks, I'll switch it to mono-to-stereo and test without Razer, although I don't think I could play with virtual surround anymore as it's awesome!

Love TFR. One question: Is it possible to increase the transmission range of the transmitters? Specifically the handhelds. I'm with an RPG group, and our PD and FD would love to use it, but we don't really want to use the backpacks.

TFR is so great, it's easily the one mod I couldn't go back to not having in A3.

I have a quick question though, i'm sure someone can answer; I used to be able to double tap the transmit button in order to toggle it stuck on, which was useful when in vehicles or certain high action situations. Recently I tried to do this again and couldn't get it working, is there a keybinding I don't know about or a setting I can change to get this back? I looked through the keybindings but didn't see anything that looked right.

I understood from nkey's reply that this is currently already in, but only works with custom spectator scripts, since BI's own spectator system doesn't give anything to reference the current camera position.

I am using a modified fnc_cameraOld with respawned Civilians sitting in a truck for spectator. Would be awesome if I could further modify the cam to support hearing players (without losing the ability to hear each other, which would mean they can hear two 3d positions at once xD)

Love TFR. One question: Is it possible to increase the transmission range of the transmitters? Specifically the handhelds. I'm with an RPG group, and our PD and FD would love to use it, but we don't really want to use the backpacks.

Check for tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

TFR is so great, it's easily the one mod I couldn't go back to not having in A3.

I have a quick question though, i'm sure someone can answer; I used to be able to double tap the transmit button in order to toggle it stuck on, which was useful when in vehicles or certain high action situations. Recently I tried to do this again and couldn't get it working, is there a keybinding I don't know about or a setting I can change to get this back? I looked through the keybindings but didn't see anything that looked right.

It was a bug... :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

I am using a modified fnc_cameraOld with respawned Civilians sitting in a truck for spectator. Would be awesome if I could further modify the cam to support hearing players (without losing the ability to hear each other, which would mean they can hear two 3d positions at once xD)

You could try to override https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio/functions/fn_defaultPositionCoordinates.sqf using https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/fa2470275b25df5fcfc87f132a761b1c21ddcce4/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio/functions/fn_preparePositionCoordinates.sqf#L25

it's possible to have this spectator script? i need something similar to the old ACE specating when you were able to speak with all dead peple and hear conversations of alive player followed by the spectating camera

I used to be able to double tap the transmit button in order to toggle it stuck on, which was useful when in vehicles or certain high action situations. Recently I tried to do this again and couldn't get it working, is there a keybinding I don't know about or a setting I can change to get this back? I looked through the keybindings but didn't see anything that looked right.

try this unofficial workaround:

Bind your "toggle" key to a CTRL or SHIFT combo, eg, CTRL+CAPS or CTRL+TAB.

After you hold down the combo to transmit, let go of one key a bit before letting go of the other.

This usually results in hot-mic'ing, or in your context a toggle.

Possibly something to do with how cba key bind settings or just the key press event handlers in the engine work.

For some reason our clans dedicated server won't go any further than showing the picture of the map when TFR is loaded, we're not even getting into the mission selection. It works fine when one of our teammates hosts the server locally, it does not seem to work though on the dedicated server. Any Idea what might be the cause? Does installing TFR on a dedicated server require any particular steps that are not required when installing TFR for clients? I could not find anything related to this issue on the mods website, so I'm asking here.

Edited by 123justin321

is it a linux server? if so.. all mod files and so on have to be lowercase