nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

@Lymark - This usually happens if the TS plugins are not set up correctly and/or wrong version. Make sure that you are running the exact same versions (both for TFAR AND TS!) as the server and make sure that all TFAR plugins have been enabled/reloaded within TS. This should hopefully solve your problem!

I just found out that by enabling the TeamSpeak built-in alert sounds(Options> Notifications> Sound Pack: "Default sound pack") which is opposite than the TFAR recommended setting, I can now hear beeping sounds. So, I'm pretty sure one of those notifications volume under the action tab is what turns the beeping on/off . Any chance you guys know which tabs is that that enable the radio beeping sound? I haven't had time to test it all out yet.

LR gived only to squad leaders...

Ok, but when i tested it also gave LR to teamleads ? Ill try changing all lead elements to be squad lead units and test again. Problem is that my problem does not occur until we i test atleast 5-8 players ( have not found the "magic" limit yet)

I also noted that medics also got LR and medic backpack was dropped..but i managed to force that out using one of your handy variables :)

@PabstMirror

Thank you for that content.

Is that stuff I need to add to the init.sqf?

Also is the faction for the Nato_FIA covered under tf_freq_west too?

@PabstMirror

Thank you for that content.

Is that stuff I need to add to the init.sqf?

Also is the faction for the Nato_FIA covered under tf_freq_west too?

Hi...

Since there are some people (like me and maybe you) who are not as good as others in scripting, here anotherway to use TFAR by placing modules.

1.) Open your Map in the Editor

2.) Place the "TFAR Enforce Usage" Module (Modules >> Category: TFAR >> TFAR Enforce Usage)

tfar_enforce_usage9ljua.jpg

Here you can see some options to change:

The important options are

"Give team leader a long" (set this to NO > no longrange radios),

"Give rifleman radio" (set this to NO > no rifleman radios)

If you are using Teamspeak3 consider using the following:

"Channel Name" (insert the TS3 channel name you want to get moved to after the plugin has loaded. Protect this channel with a password)

"Channel Password" (insert the channel's password you want to get moved to)

3.) What shall use same frequencies, groups or individuals?

tfar_frequencies_over6jjuy.jpg

If you want a group to use same frequency, place the module "TFAR Frequencies" and sync it to the groupleader.

tfar_frequencies_grouu3jj3.jpg

"Apply to" (set this to "Groups of syncronized objects")

"PR Freq." - This is for the personal/rifleman radio frequencies. You can use multiple frequencies, think of channels (Numpad 1 - Numpad 8). Insert like this: ["140","145","150"] so Num1 will be 140, Num2 will be 145 and so on...

"LR Freq." - This is for long range radios (Backpack Radios). Do the same as in "PR Freq." But remember, LR Radios are operative below 90Mhz...

If you want selected units to be on the same frequency, do as above but set "Apply to" to "Syncronized objects only". But remeber, now you have to syncronize not only the teamleader but all units to use the frequencies given in the module.

tfar_frequencies_objemsk4d.jpg

4.) Now insert some code to your units. If the unit shall only have a personal/rifleman radio, insert

this linkItem "CLASSNAME";

Replace "CLASSNAME" with the radio you want to give the unit, like "tf_anprc152".

If you want a unit to have a longrang and a rifleman radio, insert this code:

this addBackpack "CLASSNAME OF LONG RANGE"; this linkItem "CLASSNAME OF RIFLEMAN RADIO";

tfar_init_entryedjz1.jpg

To find the ClassNames to the radios you want to use, check this link:

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/Classes

Greeeeeez

Ok, but when i tested it also gave LR to teamleads ? Ill try changing all lead elements to be squad lead units and test again. Problem is that my problem does not occur until we i test atleast 5-8 players ( have not found the "magic" limit yet)

I also noted that medics also got LR and medic backpack was dropped..but i managed to force that out using one of your handy variables :)

If you alone in the group - you are group leader even if you medic. So, give it to teamleaders manually.

4.) Now insert some code to your units. If the unit shall only have a personal/rifleman radio, insert

this linkItem "CLASSNAME";

Replace "CLASSNAME" with the radio you want to give the unit, like "tf_anprc152".

If you want a unit to have a longrang and a rifleman radio, insert this code:

this addBackpack "CLASSNAME OF LONG RANGE"; this linkItem "CLASSNAME OF RIFLEMAN RADIO";

Good stuff mostly, however you should never add a rifleman/personal radio by hand like that, because it is likely to cause problems. Instead, just add a regular ItemRadio from vanilla and it will be changed into the appropriate SR radio in the beginning of the mission.

Good stuff mostly, however you should never add a rifleman/personal radio by hand like that, because it is likely to cause problems. Instead, just add a regular ItemRadio from vanilla and it will be changed into the appropriate SR radio in the beginning of the mission.

That's actually what I thought before too. But ever since 0.9.7 I haven't had a problem with adding radios directly. After adding a prototype radio, the client calls the necesseray function to change the prototype radio into an individual radio itself.

I've never had problems with giving radios via unit-init, or even assigning radios with loadout scripts. Working all like a charm...

Great mod guys :) I have a question.

Is there currently a feature which allows us to access man packed radio functions if we have one equipped on an AI (or player) squad member and are standing next to them ? This would allow us to have a designated RTO but be able to grab the handset and use the radio rather than having to swap packs (or relay complex orders) if we wish to communicate directly over long distance comms. I understand that as a team leader I could just carry a LR radio - but often this isn't practical. But Occasionally on missions I would like to use my RTO's radio.

Thanks keep up the great stuff!

Great mod guys :) I have a question.

Is there currently a feature which allows us to access man packed radio functions if we have one equipped on an AI (or player) squad member and are standing next to them ? This would allow us to have a designated RTO but be able to grab the handset and use the radio rather than having to swap packs (or relay complex orders) if we wish to communicate directly over long distance comms. I understand that as a team leader I could just carry a LR radio - but often this isn't practical. But Occasionally on missions I would like to use my RTO's radio.

Thanks keep up the great stuff!

Currently not possible, but planned.

Got the radios working as intended..It was more or less my bad, i tried using a non module alternative, but did not get it to work properly. Placed the ENFORCE TASKFORCE RADIO module and all got the needed radios.

However, on a personal level i got into a new problem, that most likely is not caused by TFR but still the problem is closely linked.

Until VERY recently i have used the Thrustmaster Warthog target gui and made a small script that i launch before starting a3.

This aids in using HOTAS keys and swithces turning engines on, lights, gear, flaps, zooming maps etc..

And most importantly RADIOS!

Last night and without fiddling with any settings ( i swear to this, im a " if it works, don't fix it" guy) i could for my life NOT get my throttles working when the target script was running.

So after a whole frustrating evening i gave up the target and to my surprise found that A3 now supports almost ALL my buttons and switches.( Only about 50% was supported some weeks ago, and that has been confirmed by BIS)

Jumping of joy i got a massive bump in my head when realizing that TFR could not be assigned directly as input from joystick is not recognized by TFR settings.

I tried making new target scripts assigning only the TFR keys. Also tried only making a script with only the throttle.

Although getting the TFR buttons working fine ingame, my throttles are still broke by running the TARGET scripts.

So the issue now is that I am no longer able to use the HOTAS for the radio PTT combos, which is essential for safe and effective coms and flying.

Is there a way to assign more PTT buttons in the userconfig or the like ?

So WTF is going on. Is my frustrations getting the better of me or has BIS made a "silent" update changing how control inputs are handled and (ref BIS know their joystick handling is fu**** up and have stated they are trying to fix it) rendered target gui unusable?

Or is it simply something wrong with my target software or HW, im trying to get other Warthog users to confirm if they to have this issue as of the last 3/4 days ?

Tips, confirmations on the issue most welcome...

That's actually what I thought before too. But ever since 0.9.7 I haven't had a problem with adding radios directly. After adding a prototype radio, the client calls the necesseray function to change the prototype radio into an individual radio itself.

We've had multiple occasions where TFR goes into an infinite "Waiting on a unique radio from server" message loop and the radios don't work properly. Every time that has happened, the mission maker has assigned TFR radios directly instead of ItemRadio. This has happened in 0.9.7 as well. I mean it might work, but the behaviour seems a bit inconsistent and personally I'd much rather just use ItemRadio anyway, since then I don't have to go back and change all the radios if there are changes in class names etc.

I have a problem..I can play with TFR 10 minutes ingame and after a while playing i press the Capslock button and my game freezes and i need to close it with the taskmanager

I believe since 1.9.6 or 1.9.7 or so, 3D local voice has been funky for me. It almost sounds as if the voices are coming from the center channel as well as the correct direction. Hard to explain, but before the latest update(s) it worked perfectly, so I'm not sure what changed.

Got the radios working as intended..It was more or less my bad, i tried using a non module alternative, but did not get it to work properly. Placed the ENFORCE TASKFORCE RADIO module and all got the needed radios.

However, on a personal level i got into a new problem, that most likely is not caused by TFR but still the problem is closely linked.

Until VERY recently i have used the Thrustmaster Warthog target gui and made a small script that i launch before starting a3.

This aids in using HOTAS keys and swithces turning engines on, lights, gear, flaps, zooming maps etc..

And most importantly RADIOS!

Last night and without fiddling with any settings ( i swear to this, im a " if it works, don't fix it" guy) i could for my life NOT get my throttles working when the target script was running.

So after a whole frustrating evening i gave up the target and to my surprise found that A3 now supports almost ALL my buttons and switches.( Only about 50% was supported some weeks ago, and that has been confirmed by BIS)

Jumping of joy i got a massive bump in my head when realizing that TFR could not be assigned directly as input from joystick is not recognized by TFR settings.

I tried making new target scripts assigning only the TFR keys. Also tried only making a script with only the throttle.

Although getting the TFR buttons working fine ingame, my throttles are still broke by running the TARGET scripts.

So the issue now is that I am no longer able to use the HOTAS for the radio PTT combos, which is essential for safe and effective coms and flying.

Is there a way to assign more PTT buttons in the userconfig or the like ?

So WTF is going on. Is my frustrations getting the better of me or has BIS made a "silent" update changing how control inputs are handled and (ref BIS know their joystick handling is fu**** up and have stated they are trying to fix it) rendered target gui unusable?

Or is it simply something wrong with my target software or HW, im trying to get other Warthog users to confirm if they to have this issue as of the last 3/4 days ?

Tips, confirmations on the issue most welcome...

Maybe related to CBA update? Also, you could use some software to bind joy button to keyboard...

---------- Post added at 05:36 ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 ----------

I believe since 1.9.6 or 1.9.7 or so, 3D local voice has been funky for me. It almost sounds as if the voices are coming from the center channel as well as the correct direction. Hard to explain, but before the latest update(s) it worked perfectly, so I'm not sure what changed.

Maybe some 7.1 headphones? Try switch to stereo.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 ----------

I have a problem..I can play with TFR 10 minutes ingame and after a while playing i press the Capslock button and my game freezes and i need to close it with the taskmanager

Could you tried to kill TS process and check if game is unfreezed.

Maybe related to CBA update? Also, you could use some software to bind joy button to keyboard...

CBA ? ok ill have a look into it.

As for the software, yes that is my problem, the emulator software that comes with the joystick now for some reason "freezes" input in Arma3. It wouldent have been so weird if wasent for the fact that it suddendly stop working, like "over night". Ill try to see if i can find another "universial" emulator software that might work.

Quick question.

Does anybody know if I can set up a channel in TS in a way that only people with the TFAR plugin turned on could join this channel?

Quick question.

Does anybody know if I can set up a channel in TS in a way that only people with the TFAR plugin turned on could join this channel?

Check documentation for serious mode and password for TaskForceRadio.

Maybe some 7.1 headphones? Try switch to stereo.

Hmm...no, same setup I've always used, which is stereo headphones with Creative's Surround on. In-game sounds work perfectly, it's just the local TFAR sounds that are not working correctly. Maybe something needs to be set up in TS?

Does Teamspeak still have problems with surround setups? Note that the application doesn't care if your 7.1 is virtual or physical.

Since the subject is on the table, I was wondering : why Task Force Radio does not support surround sound (anymore?)?

I too had the feeling something went wrong with 0.9.6, and when I looked it up I saw a message from nkey in october saying TFAR did not support surround...

I have been in mono to surround since Arma 2 and ACRE, and it was working perfectly. Now, direct voice spatialisation has always been my biggest gripe with TFAR, but I have the feeling that since one of those recent updates it got worse and that's what actually made me stop to analyze it further, and now I wonder if it is possible that TFAR could have been working in surround in the past?

Currently, in immersive ambient surround sound, all the voices come from the front left and right channels, maybe it was always like that but then maybe the old filters were better in such environment?

Since the subject is on the table, I was wondering : why Task Force Radio does not support surround sound (anymore?)?

I too had the feeling something went wrong with 0.9.6, and when I looked it up I saw a message from nkey in october saying TFAR did not support surround...

I have been in mono to surround since Arma 2 and ACRE, and it was working perfectly. Now, direct voice spatialisation has always been my biggest gripe with TFAR, but I have the feeling that since one of those recent updates it got worse and that's what actually made me stop to analyze it further, and now I wonder if it is possible that TFAR could have been working in surround in the past?

Currently, in immersive ambient surround sound, all the voices come from the front left and right channels, maybe it was always like that but then maybe the old filters were better in such environment?

Hm.. Have you tried to switch it to mono-to-stereo in TS?