nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2818175&viewfull=1#post2818175

So, are any issues still persists without anyConnect?

Without* Ciscos anyConnect VPN client, there are no errors.

*Without it been installed at all, like I said, install it once an you have no chance but to restore the system.

But how can that software interfere with your tool and no others?

I though I had the solution by changing the priority of my network adapters. from (1. CISCO S'ht 2. LAN1) to (1.LAN1 2. CISCO S'ht)

What happened was, that I managed to play, some how.

But it's all back to normal:

I can't enter vehicles and have problems taking items from boxes.

If there is no solution I have to stop playing arma, so even the smallest possibility to solve it would be great.

PS: I haven't updated Windows ever since to reduce that possibility.

Hey there,

a friend of mine have a major problem with his TFR. With the backpack, everything is ok and normal. But, when he use the small radio, he doesnt stop to transmit, even when he dont push the key. Any solution?

Best regards

Colonel David Lennox

CO TF141

Edited by DeDave98

nkey: Could you show a example on how to code the change image on dialog using CTRL+P?

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio/anprc154/anprc154.ext#L30

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 ----------

Hey there,

a friend of mine have a major problem with his TFR. With the backpack, everything is ok and normal. But, when he use the small radio, he doesnt stop to transmit, even when he dont push the key. Any solution?

Best regards

Colonel David Lennox

CO TF141

85th Operation Command

Saw such problem on time, could he try to rebind for other key?

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2818175&viewfull=1#post2818175

Without* Ciscos anyConnect VPN client, there are no errors.

*Without it been installed at all, like I said, install it once an you have no chance but to restore the system.

But how can that software interfere with your tool and no others?

I though I had the solution by changing the priority of my network adapters. from (1. CISCO S'ht 2. LAN1) to (1.LAN1 2. CISCO S'ht)

What happened was, that I managed to play, some how.

But it's all back to normal:

I can't enter vehicles and have problems taking items from boxes.

If there is no solution I have to stop playing arma, so even the smallest possibility to solve it would be great.

PS: I haven't updated Windows ever since to reduce that possibility.

Magic... Have you verified you steam cache? Probably Ciscos anyConnect is false way....

Saw such problem on time, could he try to rebind for other key?

Yes it doesnt solved the Problem. He also reinstalled the whole game nothing works

This saved the communication within our unit, before it was all tangled with overlapping chatter. now its clear as anything!

Yes it doesnt solved the Problem. He also reinstalled the whole game nothing works

Maybe he have another keyboard to test....

Hi again nkey

Quick question if you know:

I've managed to create some customized version of the tf_anprc152, tf_rf7800str and tf_rt1523g. They are all working just fine, except a minor issue on the tf_rf7800str and tf_rt1523g. When I press key to talk, it shows hint as normal in right corner of the screen, but it doesn't show which frequency I'm talking on. Everything else is shown (radio name, channel), just not the frequency.

This works just fine with the modified tf_anprc152.

Edited by Barazin

Hi again nkey

Quick question if you know:

I've managed to create some customized version of the tf_anprc152, tf_rf7800str and tf_rt1523g. They are all working just fine, except a minor issue on the tf_rf7800str and tf_rt1523g. When I press key to talk, it shows hint as normal in right corner of the screen, but it doesn't show which frequency I'm talking on. Everything else is shown (radio name, channel), just not the frequency.

This works just fine with the modified tf_anprc152.

Prabaly becase long radio name (frequency is not fit the box).

Hi,

there is something I don't understand in TFAR. I have created a mission, added TFAR module, set "Same frequencies for LR" to YES, same for SW but everytime we start the game our frequencies on SW radio are different. Sometimes they get synced, sometimes they don't. Any ideas?

class Item1
{
side="LOGIC";
class Vehicles
{
	items=1;
	class Item0
	{
		position[]={12137.247,20.247799,5650.3931};
		class args
		{
			items=7;
			class Item0
			{
				value="0";
				parentCls="tfar_ModuleTaskForceRadioEnforceUsage";
				typeName="TeamLeaderRadio";
			};
			class Item1
			{
				value="1";
				typeName="RiflemanRadio";
			};
			class Item2
			{
				value="7";
				typeName="terrain_interception_coefficient";
			};
			class Item3
			{
				value="TaskForceRadio";
				typeName="radio_channel_name";
			};
			class Item4
			{
				value="123";
				typeName="radio_channel_password";
			};
			class Item5
			{
				value="1";
				typeName="same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
			};
			class Item6
			{
				value="1";
				typeName="same_lr_frequencies_for_side";
			};
		};
		id=4;
		side="LOGIC";
		vehicle="tfar_ModuleTaskForceRadioEnforceUsage";
		leader=1;
		lock="UNLOCKED";
		skill=0.60000002;
	};
};
};

ANOTHER THING:

Every time I start the game I get different frequencies:

game 1, channel 1 = 189.2

game 2, channel 1 = 249,4

game 3, channel 1 = 169,4

Is it possible to set them as static freqs?

Edited by sunrrrise

Hello,

Since i created and uploaded TF and my costume mission to my clan's dedicated server, its make some strange stuff:

I creating the mission, creating costume freq to it + make it sync on object and placing the module (+ using modules of agm and xeh backup)

and when we are entering in the server and choosing the mission the screen flicking for 0.001 sec and moving us back to the mission choosing.

iv tried to delete other modules and when i deleted TF its worked and we managed to enter.

We need your help soon!

(earlier there was always error on upper right corner with "xxx(any) radio does not a valid radio"... please fix it too)

EDIT: sorry its not only tf, its all modules. but

(earlier there was always error on upper right corner with "xxx(any) radio does not a valid radio"... please fix it too)

Edited by HydroBull3T

Hi,

there is something I don't understand in TFAR. I have created a mission, added TFAR module, set "Same frequencies for LR" to YES, same for SW but everytime we start the game our frequencies on SW radio are different. Sometimes they get synced, sometimes they don't. Any ideas?

class Item1
{
side="LOGIC";
class Vehicles
{
	items=1;
	class Item0
	{
		position[]={12137.247,20.247799,5650.3931};
		class args
		{
			items=7;
			class Item0
			{
				value="0";
				typeName="TeamLeaderRadio";
			};
			class Item1
			{
				value="1";
				typeName="RiflemanRadio";
			};
			class Item2
			{
				value="7";
				typeName="terrain_interception_coefficient";
			};
			class Item3
			{
				value="TaskForceRadio";
				typeName="radio_channel_name";
			};
			class Item4
			{
				value="123";
				typeName="radio_channel_password";
			};
			class Item5
			{
				value="1";
				typeName="same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
			};
			class Item6
			{
				value="1";
				typeName="same_lr_frequencies_for_side";
			};
		};
		id=4;
		side="LOGIC";
		vehicle="tfar_ModuleTaskForceRadioEnforceUsage";
		leader=1;
		lock="UNLOCKED";
		skill=0.60000002;
	};
};
};

ANOTHER THING:

Every time I start the game I get different frequencies:

game 1, channel 1 = 189.2

game 2, channel 1 = 249,4

game 3, channel 1 = 169,4

Is it possible to set them as static freqs?

You need also sync module with units. Also, there is module to setup frequencies.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

No even the other Keybord doesnt fix it

I'll ask one guy how he fixes it.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Hello,

Since i created and uploaded TF and my costume mission to my clan's dedicated server, its make some strange stuff:

I creating the mission, creating costume freq to it + make it sync on object and placing the module (+ using modules of agm and xeh backup)

and when we are entering in the server and choosing the mission the screen flicking for 0.001 sec and moving us back to the mission choosing.

iv tried to delete other modules and when i deleted TF its worked and we managed to enter.

We need your help soon!

EDIT: sorry its not only tf, its all modules. but

Could you provide mission file?

You need also sync module with units. Also, there is module to setup frequencies.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I'll ask one guy how he fixes it.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Could you provide mission file?

mission.sqm

Hey friend, recently I having lot of fun with Jurassic Arma.

but Its keep crashing and impossible to use when I spawn a Raptor to my Dedicated server. (same situation with Non-Dedi server too)

is this nothing u can do for this situation?

Hey friend, recently I having lot of fun with Jurassic Arma.

but Its keep crashing and impossible to use when I spawn a Raptor to my Dedicated server. (same situation with Non-Dedi server too)

is this nothing u can do for this situation?

So, TFAR+Jurassic Arma causes crash, right?

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

Looks normal... You could try to replace modules by SQF variables: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables

I'm having an issue here. For some reason, I'm unable to hear those transmit/receive beeping sounds(those you hear after releasing the push to talk bottom). Is there anyway I could enable these sounds?

@Lymark - This usually happens if the TS plugins are not set up correctly and/or wrong version. Make sure that you are running the exact same versions (both for TFAR AND TS!) as the server and make sure that all TFAR plugins have been enabled/reloaded within TS. This should hopefully solve your problem!

Thanks for TFAR. There is still one problem that is not top notch among radio mods.

That is volume attenuation.

The volume of other people talking goes down too abruptly. It is very noticeable when there are two people talking to each other. If the distance between two people talking is a few meters, I am able to find a position where it is possible to hear the other one clearly but the other one not at all. Literally there is no sound whatsoever coming from the other person talking. It leads to situations where you hear people around you talking monologs.

This also leads to situations where if moving towards the speaker, you suddenly start hearing him loud and clear while just a step backwards you could not hear anything.

It is very immersion breaking. Is there something you could do to rectify this nkey?

I'm having an issue here. For some reason, I'm unable to hear those transmit/receive beeping sounds(those you hear after releasing the push to talk bottom). Is there anyway I could enable these sounds?

Chech sound files are in correct locations. Also, non-ascii symbols in path may affect this.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Yes,Not only tfar crash agm and xmed also crash too

Probably something with Jurasti.....

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Thanks for TFAR. There is still one problem that is not top notch among radio mods.

That is volume attenuation.

The volume of other people talking goes down too abruptly. It is very noticeable when there are two people talking to each other. If the distance between two people talking is a few meters, I am able to find a position where it is possible to hear the other one clearly but the other one not at all. Literally there is no sound whatsoever coming from the other person talking. It leads to situations where you hear people around you talking monologs.

This also leads to situations where if moving towards the speaker, you suddenly start hearing him loud and clear while just a step backwards you could not hear anything.

It is very immersion breaking. Is there something you could do to rectify this nkey?

Probably your TS volume is too high. Also, yes volume attenuation is not too real, but if it will - it not easy to speak in few meters too (because low volume)

Just need a bit of advice im "redoing" my missions to use TFR ( used ACRE2 until recently) and i have more or less got it all working, well so i thought. My issue is that when i test alone or with 2-3 pax on the dedicated server all players get their radios as they are supposed to. Ie leaders get both SR and LR. However when i tried the same mission with 13 pax, something goes wrong, all get personal SR radios but LR are not issued and backpacks stay on the units etc.. I think it might be releated to the INIT process of the mission as there is a lot going on, in particular i use a gear script to fit all playable units with their appropriate gear.

ÃŽ have figured that for the auto distribution of radios to work correctly, a radio must be present for the unit. I have made sure all units have "itemradio" in the inventory so the default radio could be switched.

Is there some other conditions that must be met for LR to be assigned correctly ?

Edit..is there a way/ code to delay the distribution of TFR radios until others scripts are done loading..if not for just test the theory ;)

Edited by Sjaba

Two Things...

I ask here as my google-fu is completely failing me.

One:

I have just gotten into editing missions. Is there some code I can drop in to set the default frequencies for my players to the codes we commonly use (packed into the mission file)?

Two:

Is there a code snippit I can put into the init to stop it from giving long-range radios to squad-leaders by default?

Thank you all for your help.

Two Things...

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

tf_freq_west = 		[0 ,7, ["31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39"],0, nil, -1, 0];
tf_freq_west_lr = 	[3 ,7, ["31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39"],0, nil, -1, 0];
tf_freq_east  = 	        [0 ,7, ["31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39"],0, nil, -1, 0];
tf_freq_east_lr = 	[3 ,7, ["31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39"],0, nil, -1, 0];
tf_freq_guer  =		[0 ,7, ["31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39"],0, nil, -1, 0];
tf_freq_guer_lr = 	[3 ,7, ["31","32","33","34","35","36","37","38","39"],0, nil, -1, 0];

Just need a bit of advice im "redoing" my missions to use TFR ( used ACRE2 until recently) and i have more or less got it all working, well so i thought. My issue is that when i test alone or with 2-3 pax on the dedicated server all players get their radios as they are supposed to. Ie leaders get both SR and LR. However when i tried the same mission with 13 pax, something goes wrong, all get personal SR radios but LR are not issued and backpacks stay on the units etc.. I think it might be releated to the INIT process of the mission as there is a lot going on, in particular i use a gear script to fit all playable units with their appropriate gear.

ÃŽ have figured that for the auto distribution of radios to work correctly, a radio must be present for the unit. I have made sure all units have "itemradio" in the inventory so the default radio could be switched.

Is there some other conditions that must be met for LR to be assigned correctly ?

Edit..is there a way/ code to delay the distribution of TFR radios until others scripts are done loading..if not for just test the theory ;)

LR gived only to squad leaders...