nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Would it be possible to send audio "over radios" in mission, from the server? I'd like to make a spooky mission and send stuff to radios when players get close to a radio station.

Not possible now without huge scripting.

Sorry mate i don't have a clue what this is. It may be something to do with my Turrets as 1 of the three gunners ive defined has the vehicle.

The issue is most likely that the co-pilot's seat is not defined as Turret 0. Same problem exists with Konyo's MH-47. In that case the co-pilot's Turret is no. 2 and one of the door gunners has index 0, meaning that the door gunner gets access to the radio, but the co-pilot doesn't. As (at least to me) it seams that checking for Turret index 0 is the "normal" way of checking for the co-pilot seat, I would urge you to swap the indices around if possible, though I have no clue what is involved to get that done.

Just a thought but to help us recognize which voice volume we are set on would it be possible to add a slight echo to yelling and a slight hiss for whispering.

API is here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki

You can disable TFAR for clients by calling ["processPlayerPositionsHandler", "onEachFrame", "TFAR_fnc_processPlayerPositions"] call BIS_fnc_removeStackedEventHandler;

Thanks, though shouldn't the disabling be automatic if the server is not running the mod? No need to have a constant error message on the screen if the server isn't even running the mod and it's not the player's fault TFAR is not working. The hint message when joining the server should be enough to notify the player that TFAR is disabled on that server.

I'd rather not have to force players to disable the mod to avoid the constant pipe error message nor add a script to every mission to check mod existence on the server and enable/disable accordingly.

Thanks, though shouldn't the disabling be automatic if the server is not running the mod? No need to have a constant error message on the screen if the server isn't even running the mod and it's not the player's fault TFAR is not working. The hint message when joining the server should be enough to notify the player that TFAR is disabled on that server.

I'd rather not have to force players to disable the mod to avoid the constant pipe error message nor add a script to every mission to check mod existence on the server and enable/disable accordingly.

Pipe error message called not because server has not mode, but because plugin in TS not enabled. Will think about automatic disabling.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Just a thought but to help us recognize which voice volume we are set on would it be possible to add a slight echo to yelling and a slight hiss for whispering.

No way currently. Will probably do.

Hi nkey & team, pretty sure this is not a new thing, but I just came across this: When you are being made unconscious by AGM while transmitting, you will see the in-game transmit notification as well as the one in TS stay active. I am not sure if anyone will hear you while you are unconscious, but you are definitely back transmitting as soon as you regain consciousness, even though you took your finger off the transmit button long ago.

Might be an AGM issue, or something with the TFAR API it's using.

Hi nkey & team, pretty sure this is not a new thing, but I just came across this: When you are being made unconscious by AGM while transmitting, you will see the in-game transmit notification as well as the one in TS stay active. I am not sure if anyone will hear you while you are unconscious, but you are definitely back transmitting as soon as you regain consciousness, even though you took your finger off the transmit button long ago.

Might be an AGM issue, or something with the TFAR API it's using.

Will check.

That's a good idea.

Not possible now without huge scripting.

Understandable. Is it something that might be possible in a future version?

Understandable. Is it something that might be possible in a future version?

Will think about, but also a lot of more major work need to be done.

Good job!!!!

Would be great to use Iridium satellite phones as especially for games on large maps with complex orography where the radio signal is lost. It may be difficult to do this but I think it would lead to TFAR to a more advanced level . They could to make calls and send sms, something like CTAB system works excellently.

http://i.imgur.com/r3b7Na1.png (349 kB)

Another thing that would be great is to have vintage radios, one radio model reaching for ironfront . Now it is taking shape , is ridiculous, jejejeje, when you open the game Modern radio panel in the second world war.

Many thanks for this amazing mod!!!!

Hey

I have my Autosend bug still with version 9.7.... and this Only with the Short-range radio. And if i used this have my Teamspreak too autosend why dont i know.

I have my Arma3 4x New Installed and always all addons and still the same bug :( i have no idea what i can do...

Hey

I have my Autosend bug still with version 9.7.... and this Only with the Short-range radio. And if i used this have my Teamspreak too autosend why dont i know.

I have my Arma3 4x New Installed and always all addons and still the same bug :( i have no idea what i can do...

Have you tried to rebind keys?

Is it possible to define where on the map the spectator can hear nearby alive players, when he's forced into spectator? I couldn't find any script API for that. If not, would it be possible to add in a future update?

Is it possible to define where on the map the spectator can hear nearby alive players, when he's forced into spectator? I couldn't find any script API for that. If not, would it be possible to add in a future update?

Not possible now, will add.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Yes and still the same bug....

You can try to bind SW tangent to 2 keys (like LR)...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2790585&viewfull=1#post2790585

The problem persists but got traced down some more:

It is related to the "cisco anyConnect VPN client", which I didn't mentioned cus it was removed at that point (i thought) but it left a nasty driver behind or s.th. alike .

So as long as there is the cisco software present somewhere, I am unnable to enter vehicles at multiplayer servers with other players on it.

To resolve it, I have to restore the system to a point prior to installing the cisco client.

What has changed:

The server no longer locks up

There is no warning "looks like TFAR isn't running ..."

I were able to enter a vehicle in mp without any player present.

To be absolutely clear, during testing:

the client wasn't started nor connected

the service was disabled and stopped.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2790585&viewfull=1#post2790585

The problem persists but got traced down some more:

It is related to the "cisco anyConnect VPN client", which I didn't mentioned cus it was removed at that point (i thought) but it left a nasty driver behind or s.th. alike .

So as long as there is the cisco software present somewhere, I am unnable to enter vehicles at multiplayer servers with other players on it.

To resolve it, I have to restore the system to a point prior to installing the cisco client.

What has changed:

The server no longer locks up

There is no warning "looks like TFAR isn't running ..."

I were able to enter a vehicle in mp without any player present.

To be absolutely clear, during testing:

the client wasn't started nor connected

the service was disabled and stopped.

So, are any issues still persists without anyConnect?

I appologize if this was asked/answered in the many pages of this thread. I did a search and have not found this. I saw a video where the TF PRC-152 had a "piece of tape" on the battery that listed the channels wtih frequencies, basicly a COM Plan. How is this made or is this an option I am not seeing? Thanks!

Soo

Key Changing work not its solved not my Bugs i have this still same in the little Radio! and this say i here too... no idea...

I appologize if this was asked/answered in the many pages of this thread. I did a search and have not found this. I saw a video where the TF PRC-152 had a "piece of tape" on the battery that listed the channels wtih frequencies, basicly a COM Plan. How is this made or is this an option I am not seeing? Thanks!

Hm....... Could you give that video? :)

Time: 1:38

Hm.. It is some custom addon. Ask author of video for it.

And, if you don't mind, please post the result, Tazmania720. This list of frequencies is a nice little feature that I'd also like to use in my group.

I saw a video where the TF PRC-152 had a "piece of tape" on the battery that listed the channels wtih frequencies, basicly a COM Plan.

If you do locate the originating source of the addon please share here or PM me :)

Thanks

Edit: got distracted while posting and took ages to hit submit, only now seen it has already been asked, sorry!