nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

What does the script exactly do, I'm not sure to understand, does it reduce or extend radio power, or something else ?

BTW, do you think you could create a function that simulate relay antennas ? In ACRE for Arma 2 there was a function that could be added to an object's init and the object had the ability to retransmit communications from one frequence to an other in order to allow people to communicate at very long distances (without disabling terrain interferences).

Keep up the good work.

Yes, relays in the plan.

Vehicle wil supress radio comminications in the area.

A radio jammer?

yes, exactly

Try to switch to the first person and check if problem persists.

I tried, also downgraded to ts3 version 3.0.14. Still not working properly.

I tried, also downgraded to ts3 version 3.0.14. Still not working properly.

Maybe some 3dpary sound software is used? (which processes sound)

Maybe some 3dpary sound software is used? (which processes sound)

Nope. Do you reckon it's not working properly? Maybe it's just me. It's a small detail, but it really breaks immersion for me. ACRE on A2 used to work fine, so I'm not really sure. Maybe it has to do with PlaywithSIX download being corrupted or something of the sorts?

While I am willing to do anything I can to be able to play ARMA again, I want to minimize potentially messing up other things by uninstall-reinstallation. With this in mind, what do you suggest I start with, nkey?

Not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find the new class names for the new RHS radios that where added awhile ago? Any idea where I can get those. Thanks

Edit:

Found the class names but just by trial and error, anyone know where I can find them, the wiki didn't have the updated version. Thanks

Also on another un-related note, I am using the module TFAR - Side Radio to change the LR (Backpack) Radio to the "tf_rt1523g_big_rhs" but I am getting the error in game saying

tf_rt1523g_big_rhs is not a valid long range radio.

which is weird because I can swear it is. I can give the radio to the player by putting

this addBackpack "tf_rt1523g_big_rhs";

in the init of the player, but I wanted to do it to everyone who had a LR radio.

Any clues as to why this is happening or are the modules broken? Thanks

Edited by MarcusCunningham

While I am willing to do anything I can to be able to play ARMA again, I want to minimize potentially messing up other things by uninstall-reinstallation. With this in mind, what do you suggest I start with, nkey?

Start with clean installation of TFAR and CBA (skip CLF for now - most of it already in TFAR).

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Nope. Do you reckon it's not working properly? Maybe it's just me. It's a small detail, but it really breaks immersion for me. ACRE on A2 used to work fine, so I'm not really sure. Maybe it has to do with PlaywithSIX download being corrupted or something of the sorts?

Not sure, need 1st person video to check.

---------- Post added at 07:15 ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 ----------

Not sure if I'm blind, but I can't find the new class names for the new RHS radios that where added awhile ago? Any idea where I can get those. Thanks

Edit:

Found the class names but just by trial and error, anyone know where I can find them, the wiki didn't have the updated version. Thanks

Also on another un-related note, I am using the module TFAR - Side Radio to change the LR (Backpack) Radio to the "tf_rt1523g_big_rhs" but I am getting the error in game saying

tf_rt1523g_big_rhs is not a valid long range radio.

which is weird because I can swear it is. I can give the radio to the player by putting

this addBackpack "tf_rt1523g_big_rhs";

in the init of the player, but I wanted to do it to everyone who had a LR radio.

Any clues as to why this is happening or are the modules broken? Thanks

1) classes here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/Classes

2) probably bug, you can try to use TF_defaultWestBackpack (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables) variable intead of module.

3) All RHS units will use RHS backpacks by default

Start with clean installation of TFAR and CBA (skip CLF for now - most of it already in TFAR).

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Not sure, need 1st person video to check.

---------- Post added at 07:15 ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 ----------

1) classes here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/Classes

2) probably bug, you can try to use TF_defaultWestBackpack (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables) variable intead of module.

3) All RHS units will use RHS backpacks by default

Yeah I'm trying to get them to use the big backpack by default, not the smaller one. Thanks will have a look at it.

Hey, nkey, we've encountered an odd problem:

A friend of mine can't get TFAR to work. He's got TS 3.0.16, the current plugin and version 0.9.7. It did work with version 0.9.3 however.

The plugin is activated in TS, his status reads "Task Force Radio Status (0.9.7):Connected N Play N P:0.9.7 A: ", but that doesn't change in-game.

He can hear everyone and everyone can hear him, but his TFAR doesn't activate, even though everything (TFAR, Arma 3 and Arma3Sync) is being started as administrator.

His client protocoll in TS says: "task_force_radio Info Can't get channel of client : not connected", whereas my client protocol says "task_force_radio Info can't center client : invalid clientID"

I've seen there has been someone with a similar problem before, but he didn't reply after some time. I'd say, let's solve this. ;)

#edit: We've solved it! :D He didn't update his userconfig. TFAR didn't find the radio_settings.hpp but the radio_keys.hpp instead and didn't give out an error. Is it possible to give a hint that the userconfig isn't the right one, so troubleshooting gets easier?

Edited by Belbo

Is the TFAR module in the editor useful? Last time i try it, the direct voice feature bugged: i was able to hear my mate far away.

Is the TFAR module in the editor useful? Last time i try it, the direct voice feature bugged: i was able to hear my mate far away.

Should work fine...

Excellent Mod all around. Great features and easy use. Thank you for your work, TF team.. My only request would be a more in depth user guide for newer users and newer features. Thank you all the way

Okay, tried that. It still gives me the same error about Radio_ids.hpp.

Okay, tried that. It still gives me the same error about Radio_ids.hpp.

So, with just CBA and TFAR, without CLF?

Okay, just removed CLF, and now it works. Thank you so much!

Was it noted prior that CLF could cause problems with TFAR? It might be important to have that information on hand.

How would i go about making it so vehicle radios work for a helicopter co-pilot?. Ive got the vehicle radio parameter set to 1 in my config but only the pilot can use it at the moment

How would i go about making it so vehicle radios work for a helicopter co-pilot?. Ive got the vehicle radio parameter set to 1 in my config but only the pilot can use it at the moment

Hm. Strange, it should be available. Which heli?

Its my own Chinook based of the A2 samples and Alpions public source files. I can pm you the files if it helps

If I'm not mistaken, you need to set up your co-pilot position as a 'turret' (i.e.: as gunner or commander). He will not get a radio if he's just an ordinary passenger.

Cheers,

D.

How do you use the speakers on the radios?