nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Should be fixed with CSE 0.8 anyways, which got released yesterday.

Hm.. I see, I have tested on CSE 0.8. What was the issue?

nKey, do you have Steam. I have a number of ppl available to test for you. Just need to arrange a time.

Try this build - https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6zfgx49blchzsq/0.9.5rc.zip?dl=0

---------- Post added at 05:31 ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 ----------

Can't reproduce, could you please provide a map with issue>

This is still unstable, half guys' TFR is not working, or working, or working 10 minutes then not anymore, or they can talk but not configure their radios, or configure and not talk. We had to disable it in the middle of our game.

nKey, do you have Steam. I have a number of ppl available to test for you. Just need to arrange a time.

michailnikolaev

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

This is still unstable, half guys' TFR is not working, or working, or working 10 minutes then not anymore, or they can talk but not configure their radios, or configure and not talk. We had to disable it in the middle of our game.

Hm... Lets try to figure it out.

What is mean by "not working"? I need details, because we are playing 150 players games without serious issues.

Are you sure everyone get his installation updated? Because some of issues you saying were fixed...

Will we able to conduct meeting with your squad to do some testing in the field?

Hi nkey. Just a question/suggestion: Could it be possible to by config parameter force vehicle radio as default radio when you enter a vehicle with LR backpack radio?

Hi nkey. Just a question/suggestion: Could it be possible to by config parameter force vehicle radio as default radio when you enter a vehicle with LR backpack radio?

Hm, will think about, not bad idea.

Here are parts of my log. The error that occured to me was :

- connecting - everything is working

- Then, after some times (I can't tell you what made it crash) I couldn't talk in the radio, pressing caps lock made me talk on in-game voice system. However I was able to configure my radio with ctrl+p.

No error appeared, the link between ARMA and Team Speak was working as I could hear and talk with 3D Rendering.

Error Zero divisor

File task_force_radio\functions\fn_onDDTangentReleasedHack.sqf, line 6

Error in expression <then {

_mods = (cba_keybinding_handlers select _keybind) select 2;

if (((_scanco>

Error position: <select _keybind) select 2;

if (((_scanco>

Error Zero divisor

File task_force_radio\functions\fn_onSwTangentPressedHack.sqf, line 8

Error in expression <hen {

_mods = (cba_keybinding_handlers select (_sw_keybind)) select 2;

_mods_lr>

Error position: <select (_sw_keybind)) select 2;

_mods_lr>

I'm using the last RC on my server, everyone was using it and updated their DLLs.

And sorry for my english :)

Here are parts of my log. The error that occured to me was :

- connecting - everything is working

- Then, after some times (I can't tell you what made it crash) I couldn't talk in the radio, pressing caps lock made me talk on in-game voice system. However I was able to configure my radio with ctrl+p.

No error appeared, the link between ARMA and Team Speak was working as I could hear and talk with 3D Rendering.

I'm using the last RC on my server, everyone was using it and updated their DLLs.

And sorry for my english :)

Was hint at right part of screen shown while you press CAPS LOCK?

Maybe you have changed your channel by mistake (or listener had changed it)? Or some players lose their radios for some reason.

At the end of the vid, you put a radio on the ground and the sound comes out of it's speaker in 3d. Does this mean we might get the desk radio I mentioned some time ago?
Via some scripting - probably yes.

That'be great to attach a radio with fixed frequency to objects, making speakers in every form possible.

Last update was a great step forward! So much better 3D sound.. I actually cant imagine anything important missing left.

It seems that the SW transmit hook has a higher priority than the SW alternate transmit. So if you bind SW transmit to a <key> and SW alternate transmit to SHIFT + <key>, the SW transmit hook will trigger regardless if you press shift or not. But if you bind them the other way around it works just fine. So it isn't critical problem on radios that have the alternate channel option. But it could be a problem if one has to sometimes use the rifleman radios that don't have the alternate channel option.

It seems that the SW transmit hook has a higher priority than the SW alternate transmit. So if you bind SW transmit to a <key> and SW alternate transmit to SHIFT + <key>, the SW transmit hook will trigger regardless if you press shift or not. But if you bind them the other way around it works just fine. So it isn't critical problem on radios that have the alternate channel option. But it could be a problem if one has to sometimes use the rifleman radios that don't have the alternate channel option.

I was confused by this initally, as I'd always understood the alternate channel to be the one we set but as was explained to me a few pages back, Alternate transmit is just an additional key to do the same as Transmit and the extra channel key is actually the Additional Transmit one.

So I'm having a problem with this newest and probably brillant version of tfr and I don't see a solution so far on this board.

When connected to a server tfr is initialising correctly and the 3d sound from other people is working perfectly, but I'm unable to use my radio. CAPS nothing happens. CTRL+p nothing happens. I'm running with the newest CBA-version (which I guess is the same included in the download - I've tried both), running it only with CBA and TFR is no use either. If anybody have an answer I would appreciate it very much.

EDIT: I suspect it could have something to do with CBA-keybinding perhaps? I read somewhere that this new version relies on this, and I have not been able to get the CBA-keybinding option to appear in the configure-controls menu in my ARMA.

Edited by kagemonstret

So I'm having a problem with this newest and probably brillant version of tfr and I don't see a solution so far on this board.

When connected to a server tfr is initialising correctly and the 3d sound from other people is working perfectly, but I'm unable to use my radio. CAPS nothing happens. CTRL+p nothing happens. I'm running with the newest CBA-version (which I guess is the same included in the download - I've tried both), running it only with CBA and TFR is no use either. If anybody have an answer I would appreciate it very much.

EDIT: I suspect it could have something to do with CBA-keybinding perhaps? I read somewhere that this new version relies on this, and I have not been able to get the CBA-keybinding option to appear in the configure-controls menu in my ARMA.

yep, check CBA keybinding. Go into the game (with gun in hands), go to keys setup, press "configure addons".

I ran into this issue as well, where none of the keys seem to work. I found that I could rebind the keys to something else and get it to work that way, but I couldn't get the game to let me change it back to CTRL+P. For me at least, the issue persisted after reinstalling TFAR.

On a potentially related note, I was unable to pull up a GPS as well, using RCTRL+M. Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to further investigate since I'm not at home with my desktop right now.

I reinstalled everythink today, now even the 0.9.5 Stable nor the 0.9.5r (from the dropbox link) works. It crashes as soon i enter the map. Same error like the people above have.

Thats the same issue i have, sometimes it is still not longer usable :-/ Mostly after death or dropping the radio.

I have today my Task Force Radio again new Install in the Hope that this "Autosend" not more are...its failed. Befor the Update was have i the Last days a Error massange have but that have i Fix but why still the same problems? hmm

I reinstalled everythink today, now even the 0.9.5 Stable nor the 0.9.5r (from the dropbox link) works. It crashes as soon i enter the map. Same error like the people above have.

Thats the same issue i have, sometimes it is still not longer usable :-/ Mostly after death or dropping the radio.

Hello.

To help me fix issue:

1) Load plugins from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pfn2hv1zc8w7tl/0.9.5d2.zip?dl=0

2) Reproduce crash

3) Upload somewhere crashdump file TS is showing to you

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

I have today my Task Force Radio again new Install in the Hope that this "Autosend" not more are...its failed. Befor the Update was have i the Last days a Error massange have but that have i Fix but why still the same problems? hmm

Plz check my previous post

EDIT: check http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2799297#post2799297

Edited by nkey

Hello.

To help me fix issue:

1) Load plugins from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pfn2hv1zc8w7tl/0.9.5d2.zip?dl=0

2) Reproduce crash

3) Upload somewhere crashdump file TS is showing to you

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Plz check my previous post

Done!

http://uploaded.net/file/0m3urvwt

EDIT: see below (hope I get it fixed)

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Guys, who expirience TS crashes, please help me to make it real stable!

1) Load plugins from https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7n3jcar85ggjcv/0.9.6rc.zip?dl=0

2) Test with them, if not crashed - please report

3) If crashed - load plugins from https://www.dropbox.com/s/llchn0rf8877imu/0.9.6rcd.zip?dl=0

4) Reproduce crash

5) Upload somewhere crashdump file TS is showing to you and post link here

Thanks you a lot!

Going to sleep, hope to get some reports at morning :)

EDIT: fixed link

Edited by nkey

Hi again Nkey.

I solved TS3 crash problem as I reproted. But there is another problem caused by some reason now.

One of my clan member report Frame down, and ts3 sounds like weird electric voice. And then crash arma3 and ts3 both.

i hope i help you with somthing :) chears we whait for hot fix

and mornig hot coffe and work time :D

Edited by Pavel_87

Hi again Nkey.

I solved TS3 crash problem as I reproted. But there is another problem caused by some reason now.

One of my clan member report Frame down, and ts3 sounds like weird electric voice. And then crash arma3 and ts3 both.

Please ask him to do instructions from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2799297&viewfull=1#post2799297 to get it fixed

---------- Post added at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 ----------

i hope i help you with somthing :) chears we whait for hot fix

and mornig hot coffe and work time :D

You help me a lot :) Plugin with fixes in my previous post.

Hey guys, new here so bear with me. I apologize if this has been mentioned before but I doubt anyone expects me to read the full 225 pages of posts preceding me.

nkey, have you ever considered adding a cell phone type device for use by the civilian faction(s)? I know that the focus of the mod is on military coop and radios (duh) but it would be neat for civilian role players to have a method to communicate. I'm no programmer but it seems that it wouldn't be hard to extend the unique radio number function to give cell phones unique numbers that could then be called (like a private radio channel auto programmed into the phones until someone hangs up). Phones wouldn't have to be anything fancy like a smartphone, just something that could hold a private conversation with someone. A nice touch would be to make it "hot mic" (no push to talk, it always transmits) for the duration of a call like real phones do.

I don't really expect anything to come of this, at least not while you're so busy trying to eradicate bugs. However, that's what I like about open source material. The idea is out there for the community to work on if they like it.

One last note, TFAR works AMAZINGLY for coop environments. My unit regularly squeezes 70 people on a single server and we never have any issues (unless someone forgot to update the mod :p).

Hey guys, new here so bear with me. I apologize if this has been mentioned before but I doubt anyone expects me to read the full 225 pages of posts preceding me.

nkey, have you ever considered adding a cell phone type device for use by the civilian faction(s)? I know that the focus of the mod is on military coop and radios (duh) but it would be neat for civilian role players to have a method to communicate. I'm no programmer but it seems that it wouldn't be hard to extend the unique radio number function to give cell phones unique numbers that could then be called (like a private radio channel auto programmed into the phones until someone hangs up). Phones wouldn't have to be anything fancy like a smartphone, just something that could hold a private conversation with someone. A nice touch would be to make it "hot mic" (no push to talk, it always transmits) for the duration of a call like real phones do.

I don't really expect anything to come of this, at least not while you're so busy trying to eradicate bugs. However, that's what I like about open source material. The idea is out there for the community to work on if they like it.

One last note, TFAR works AMAZINGLY for coop environments. My unit regularly squeezes 70 people on a single server and we never have any issues (unless someone forgot to update the mod :p).

New version of TFAR already include special audio effect for phones. Also, arma3life community currently have plan to use it to implement phones. So, TFAR provides everything to make it possible.