nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

So.. anyone else with popcorn pops in the backseat of ground vehicles? Does not occur in helicopters.

Anyone? :)

And how is that related to my question? Instead of being a jerk, why don't you simply be clear on what you perceive as my misstep and how that post relates? This forum is for help afterall.

Post in the TFAR thread to ask for help rather than creating a new one.

I understand. I made a mistake in posting the thread, but I don't see how to delete it and move it. How do I move it to the correct thread.

sydfynch:

Given there is an existing thread regarding TFAR and related aspects, the gents above are trying to explain that one should post relevant questions there, instead of starting a new thread like this one.

It keeps the forum tidy, consolidates information and would probably get your question noticed sooner by the right people.

Perhaps you can request your initial post is merged into the TFAR thread instead.

(better check rules first but you may be able to achieve this via the 'report post' link associated with your thread)

Edit: seems I did a simultaneous cross post with those above, apologies for duplicate info.

---------

Chopper / Jet / Vehicle too loud to hear comms?

You need Cyprus Push-to-Hear!

Works for me. Steps to reproduce?

I have these settings called via preInit-Function defined in cfgFunctions:

compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf"; //(#include is messy)
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrWest set [2,["31.5","32.5","33.5","34.5","35.5","36.5","37.5","38.5","39.5"]];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

Then I start the mission. Adding a tf_rt1523g-radio to a unit or picking one up sets the lr channels for this radio to the specified channels, but adding one of the new radios (tf_rt1523g_black or tf_rt1523g_sage for example) will overwrite these settings and set the usual random channels for these radios. Works like this all the time.

Thanks. I realize I mis-posted it. I'm trying to rectify that and move it to the TFAR thread, which I thought I was in before but was not. How can I delete it from this thread and move it to the proper thread? Will try to have it moved by reporting it. thanks.

You can delete contents of your own posts by editing them, But at this point I believe only a moderator can remove, close or move the thread.

Unless you can see a 'delete thread' option somewhere like 'Thread Tools' menu above your opening post.

---------

Chopper / Jet / Vehicle too loud to hear comms?

You need Cyprus Push-to-Hear!

Thanks, Acyprus, trying to get it moved -- since I can't delete or move the thread at this point. I'm afraid I might just make it worse by trying to edit. I realize it is in the wrong place as has been pointed out by others -- some kindly, some not so kindly. My apologies to most of the community for the mistake.

I don't know if someone has mentioned it yet, but with the new backpack radios I can't set the lr channels properly. With the tf_rt1523g everything works fine, the channels are being read from the script, but with all the tf_rt1523g_XYZ it doesn't really work (just like it didn't with the clf-radios when they were still separate). It doesn't matter really if the radios are handed out via loadout-script, or via unit's init or picked up, it's always the same. tf_rt1523g works, tf_rt1523g_XYZ don't.

(For the sake of completeness: I love the new update. :D)

Known issue, will fixed.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

So.. anyone else with popcorn pops in the backseat of ground vehicles? Does not occur in helicopters.

Known issue, check build from my previous post to fix it.

Thanks, Acyprus, trying to get it moved -- since I can't delete or move the thread at this point. I'm afraid I might just make it worse by trying to edit. I realize it is in the wrong place as has been pointed out by others -- some kindly, some not so kindly. My apologies to most of the community for the mistake.

Wayward TFAR thread merged into this one.

Quoting post for visibility:

I've never had any problems with TFAR until this latest update moved earlier this week. Now we're having two issues:

1. when in game and connected in TS3 & TFAR, direct communication is breaking. It starts out working as normal, then after a few caps-locks transmissions over radio, my teammates are no longer able to hear me directly. I can still broadcast on channels with caps-lock, but I'm not able to be heard directly. I have to shut down TeamSpeak and restart for it to come back, which it does.. until I broadcast on radio a few times and it happens all over -- no direct talking.

2. When in vehicles same issue, but even worse. After a few broadcasts, I can no longer hear the others in my vehicle and they are replaced by clicking sounds. They report that sometimes they can hear me, sometimes they hear clicking.

I'm running the latest versions of TS3 and your addon. This issue only began after this latest version of TFAR.

Please help. Thanks.

Syd

Wayward TFAR thread merged into this one.

Quoting post for visibility:

Take build from my previos post or two - it will fix your issues.

Known issue, will fixed.

Very nice, thanks. :)

yes, correct, sorry fixed:

player setVariable ["tf_force_radio_active", true, true]

This did not prevent the pop-up. :(

This is what I've got in my init.sqf :

player setVariable ["tf_force_radio_active", true, true];

This did not prevent the pop-up. :(

This is what I've got in my init.sqf :

player setVariable ["tf_force_radio_active", true, true];

hm.. need to think here...

Is there a possibility to be able to decide server side if people should be able to hear others when they're down? For example, I'd like to have everyone else to be muffled like if you're in underwater when you're in a downed state.

Is there a possibility to be able to decide server side if people should be able to hear others when they're down? For example, I'd like to have everyone else to be muffled like if you're in underwater when you're in a downed state.

What are you mean about "down"? unconscious?

Panimala whoever made the revive script or modification can do that by using TFAR, but Nkey isn't capable nor responsible of doing this. It whould require editing things in the "unconscious" state of that revive script/ medical system. As soon as we get a stable TFAR release, I'll try to change Farooq's revive script to do exactly that. Will release it to public too if I can get the permission.

Edited by 654wak654

Panimala whoever made the revive script or modification can do that by using TFAR, but Nkey isn't capable nor responsible of doing this. It whould require editing things in the "unconscious" state of that revive script/ medical system. As soon as we get a stable TFAR release, I'll try to change Farooq's revive script to do exactly that. Will release it to public too if I can get the permission.

Consider contributing to the github page for Farooq's revive as that already has support for TFAR: https://github.com/farooqaaa/far_revive/commits/master

Right! Thank you.

Consider contributing to the github page for Farooq's revive as that already has support for TFAR: https://github.com/farooqaaa/far_revive/commits/master

I had no idea that existed, bad side of having ArmAHolic as primary resource I guess :p.

Forked and working on the "fancy" direct voice effect now, just implementing my code. Though I gotta say the use of brackets is going to give me cancer, I will change every and each one of them again to a more like C#/ Java standard, hope that won't be a problem to you guys when I push it?

Try this build - https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6zfgx49blchzsq/0.9.5rc.zip?dl=0

---------- Post added at 05:31 ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 ----------

Here iam back again, we have still the issue that after respawn our players can no longer use TFR. We found today out that it has something to do with the CSE 0.7.1 Modules.

If there is one CSE Module on the map TFR stops working. Any solutions?

Can't reproduce, could you please provide a map with issue>

Can't reproduce, could you please provide a map with issue>

Should be fixed with CSE 0.8 anyways, which got released yesterday.