nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

No it is not caused by this. Today we found that some of us get this problem when standing near vehicles, for some radios stop working completely near them until they move away.

To fix the issue - use plugin from post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2797486&viewfull=1#post2797486

hi there, love tfr, far better than anything out there how ever I do have one problem...

I use caps lock as a push to talk key in teamspeak and I used to use the "I" key as my tfr key, it worked fine with no problems, all I did was change the key binding in the radio_keys.hpp how ever with the latest version (0.95) there is no keys list in the radio_keys.hpp for me to change, is there a work around? can I just paste the keys information from my other one into the radio_keys.hpp of 0.95?

any help is very much appreciated, im not the only one in my clan with this issue

thanks in advance

With the new version of TFAR, keybindings are handled by CBA ingame. Load up a mission (this is important, as otherwise the option will not show up), go to Settings->Controls and in the lower right corner, click on "Configure addons". Choose TFAR in the addon list and there you go...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! and thanks for the fast reply!

just another reason this is a kick ass addon

thanks again bro

@ Nkey

Thanks man, the last plugin you posted to test it, worked perfect.. even in Iron Front for A3.

Testing out the new plugin, so far it's working great, just one thing. When a player dies, their radio is on the ground inside their body and should be heard by everyone around them, but it's not. You actually have to drag the radio off of their body and put it on the ground for it to be heard on the ground. I'm not sure if it's possible to fix, but it would be cool to hear radio transmissions coming from the dead body the same as if it were on the ground. Great mod, though, love it!

Testing out the new plugin, so far it's working great, just one thing. When a player dies, their radio is on the ground inside their body and should be heard by everyone around them, but it's not. You actually have to drag the radio off of their body and put it on the ground for it to be heard on the ground. I'm not sure if it's possible to fix, but it would be cool to hear radio transmissions coming from the dead body the same as if it were on the ground. Great mod, though, love it!

Will try to fix that.

Hello. Having two issues.

1. I am unable to set my radios to 'Speakers.' Whenever I try it stays on Headphones.

2. I am unable to get TFR to output to the surround channels for positional audio.

TS has three options: mono to stereo, mono to center, mono to surround.

When set to Center, I can't hear anyone in TFR at all.

When set to Surround outside of ARMA I hear people in channel out of all speakers, but in Arma with TFR I hear people talk out of Stereo channels only and at about half the volume than when set to 'Stereo.'

3D positional audio is checked, of course.

Surround audio is working fine from inside Arma, so not an issue with my sound card settings.

Tried reinstalling TFR and TS plugins from scratch, no change. Any help is appreciated.

Hello. Having two issues.

1. I am unable to set my radios to 'Speakers.' Whenever I try it stays on Headphones.

2. I am unable to get TFR to output to the surround channels for positional audio.

TS has three options: mono to stereo, mono to center, mono to surround.

When set to Center, I can't hear anyone in TFR at all.

When set to Surround outside of ARMA I hear people in channel out of all speakers, but in Arma with TFR I hear people talk out of Stereo channels only and at about half the volume than when set to 'Stereo.'

3D positional audio is checked, of course.

Surround audio is working fine from inside Arma, so not an issue with my sound card settings.

Tried reinstalling TFR and TS plugins from scratch, no change. Any help is appreciated.

Are you sure you have plugin in TS updated? Also, TFAR supports only stereo output, not surround. (set mono to stereo)

Are you sure you have plugin in TS updated? Also, TFAR supports only stereo output, not surround. (set mono to stereo)

Yes, TS plugin version is reading 0.9.5

Reinstalled it twice just to be sure - no change.

Yes, TS plugin version is reading 0.9.5

Reinstalled it twice just to be sure - no change.

So, you enable speakers, put radio on the ground, talk to it and can't hear yourself? (it is not your PC speakers\headphones, but on radio in game :) )

So, you enable speakers, put radio on the ground, talk to it and can't hear yourself? (it is not your PC speakers\headphones, but on radio in game :) )

I can't enable speakers. When I push the Speakers button on the radio it stays on headphones no matter what I do.

I can't enable speakers. When I push the Speakers button on the radio it stays on headphones no matter what I do.

Hm.. Very strange. What is radio? Could you please make video? Have you tried to disable other mods?

Hm. Very strange. Try to temporary disable antivirus. And "in game session" - in game with gun in hands, not in menu.

Disabled antivirus with no success. I also tried the other plugin files posted earlier, but those didnt help either :(

Disabled antivirus with no success. I also tried the other plugin files posted earlier, but those didnt help either :(

Do you see any errors in game? "Not Connected With Teamspeak?" Maybe we can meet in TS to solve the issue?

Do you see any errors in game? "Not Connected With Teamspeak?" Maybe we can meet in TS to solve the issue?

No errors in game. Sure we can meet, what server do you suggest?

No errors in game. Sure we can meet, what server do you suggest?

Check private messages.

I don't know if someone has mentioned it yet, but with the new backpack radios I can't set the lr channels properly. With the tf_rt1523g everything works fine, the channels are being read from the script, but with all the tf_rt1523g_XYZ it doesn't really work (just like it didn't with the clf-radios when they were still separate). It doesn't matter really if the radios are handed out via loadout-script, or via unit's init or picked up, it's always the same. tf_rt1523g works, tf_rt1523g_XYZ don't.

(For the sake of completeness: I love the new update. :D)

I've never had any problems with TFAR until this latest update moved earlier this week. Now we're having two issues:

1. when in game and connected in TS3 & TFAR, direct communication is breaking. It starts out working as normal, then after a few caps-locks transmissions over radio, my teammates are no longer able to hear me directly. I can still broadcast on channels with caps-lock, but I'm not able to be heard directly. I have to shut down TeamSpeak and restart for it to come back, which it does.. until I broadcast on radio a few times and it happens all over -- no direct talking.

2. When in vehicles same issue, but even worse. After a few broadcasts, I can no longer hear the others in my vehicle and they are replaced by clicking sounds. They report that sometimes they can hear me, sometimes they hear clicking.

I'm running the latest versions of TS3 and your addon. This issue only began after this latest version of TFAR.

Please help. Thanks.

Syd

I don't know if someone has mentioned it yet, but with the new backpack radios I can't set the lr channels properly. With the tf_rt1523g everything works fine, the channels are being read from the script, but with all the tf_rt1523g_XYZ it doesn't really work (just like it didn't with the clf-radios when they were still separate). It doesn't matter really if the radios are handed out via loadout-script, or via unit's init or picked up, it's always the same. tf_rt1523g works, tf_rt1523g_XYZ don't.

(For the sake of completeness: I love the new update. :D)

Works for me. Steps to reproduce?

Read the forum rules. Nobody will help you if you cannot even bother to read the rules.

I don't understand your post? I thought I posted this in the TFAR section? My mistake. How do I move it?