nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Trying now... and it seems 0.9.4 hasn't helped. May have actually made it worse for me. Now I cannot transmit over shortwave at all. Nor can I access my shortwave radios menu (Ctrl + P). I definitely do have one, I grabbed one. I just suddenly cant access it.

Update: Disregard. I changed something, restarted Arma and I can use SW again. Still no squawk. Other sounds appear to be working fine, such as changing and setting frequency sounds. Just not the transmitting squawk.

Right. I just wanted to do a keyconfig test and what not and so I'm attempting to do this in a scenario that I created in editor. I'm running the actual scenario and not doing a preview of it. It used to work in this way, which let me test configs for my add-ons easily so I dunno if something changed and it's not possible this way. It makes it easier than trying to do it as we're rushing to head out for the match.

Maybe something with CBA keybinding... Could you check if keys are setup?

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Oh, I know it second patch a day, but new version is uploading...

Link I posted contains copy of plugins witgh reversed sound.

At official site (radio.task-force.ru/en) is latest copy (should fix revers sound)... Very strange here.

Using 0.94 plugins with 4 other people, all confirm the stereo sound is reversed.

First of all, thank you for the new versions! We didn't manage to test all features yet, but I liked the ones we could see.

There was one issue, though: when a mission ended, TeamSpeak didn't update player status and switch their channels before a new mission was loaded. Previously players would be moved and could all talk once the debriefing screen hit. Does anyone else have this & is the current behaviour intentional?

Using 0.94 plugins with 4 other people, all confirm the stereo sound is reversed.

Will be fixed in few minutes :)

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

First of all, thank you for the new versions! We didn't manage to test all features yet, but I liked the ones we could see.

There was one issue, though: when a mission ended, TeamSpeak didn't update player status and switch their channels before a new mission was loaded. Previously players would be moved and could all talk once the debriefing screen hit. Does anyone else have this & is the current behaviour intentional?

Probably bug, will check.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

New 0.9.5 hotfix is released! (sorry for a lot of updates)

Changelog: Fixed positional audio

Download, as usual, here.

Hi, thanks for the update

unfortunately I can confirm the bug with the reversed sounds. Many of my group complain about this, even though i did not experience it (and I doubt there's 15 people with there headsets on the wrong way).

Furthermore while using DAR Humvees we had constant popping noises on our radios (incredibly loud) and were not able to understand most of incoming transmissions.

Anyway, I really like the new mechanics introduced in the new update.

Hi, thanks for the update

unfortunately I can confirm the bug with the reversed sounds. Many of my group complain about this, even though i did not experience it (and I doubt there's 15 people with there headsets on the wrong way).

Furthermore while using DAR Humvees we had constant popping noises on our radios (incredibly loud) and were not able to understand most of incoming transmissions.

Anyway, I really like the new mechanics introduced in the new update.

Positional audio should be fixed in 0.9.5, please check with new version.

Also, could you make a video with Humvees?

hmm we're still pre-hotfix and it's working fine.. anyway waiting for the Pw6 Update and we'll test again

SJ

With 0.9.5, TeamSpeak always tells me on startup there's a new version available and in TeamSpeak itself it's still showing v0.9.4h - maybe you missed to update the teamspeak plugin?

//Edit: Forget it, my fault.

Edited by TheConen

thanks, did not see the new link.

the thing with the humvees is that the popping occurs at the start and end of an transmission, when both vehicles are fairly close together (<10m) So it mighht be on purpose?

I could supply a video if you still need one.

We've done some testing with the backpack version of the RT1523g (Asip), which is the same one as in the humvees and we have the popping when close to vehcles, but not when close to another player who's wearing the Asip backpack as well.

edit: Same with vanilla hunter

edit 2: Same with all vehicles, also opfor and inependent ones. Choppers do not seem to have the same issue, at least not the two little birds we flew dangerously close to each other ^^

Edited by stoffl

thanks, did not see the new link.

the thing with the humvees is that the popping occurs at the start and end of an transmission, when both vehicles are fairly close together (<10m) So it mighht be on purpose?

I could supply a video if you still need one.

We've done some testing with the backpack version of the RT1523g (Asip), which is the same one as in the humvees and we have the popping when close to vehcles, but not when close to another player who's wearing the Asip backpack as well.

edit: Same with vanilla hunter

edit 2: Same with all vehicles, also opfor and inependent ones. Choppers do not seem to have the same issue, at least not the two little birds we flew dangerously close to each other ^^

Yep, video will be very helpfull.

Awesome mod nkey - but then I'm sure you already know that! :)

Do you think there'll be any opportunity to have the LR radios not bound to a backpack or vehicle? I can think of radios on tables in a base as a nice idea, or simply being able to put the radio in a backpack of choice as opposed to the ones provided.

One of the nice things about the RT-1523G is that it's so small, it'll fit into most regular backpacks. A good example being: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/TBS_FEX_3_PRC_119.JPG/1024px-TBS_FEX_3_PRC_119.JPG

Perhaps versions of the standard A3 packs, with an aerial added?

Also... when the man-pack radios came over from the C-L-F mod, was the webbing on the NICECOMM2 MultiCam pack changed? It looks odd to me somehow now. Would be even nicer if the same MultiCam webbing from the regular RT-1523G was used too.

Mostly cosmetic comments obviously. Great functionality already there!

Yep, video will be very helpfull.

there you go.

Recorded by my mate. While I was next to him I was still sending "test" but as you see he only heard the beeping and popping, which got better when I went further away.

Love the speaker function nkey but I find it impossible to hear the radio myself when I activate it. Could you make it so that the sound goes to both the speaker and earphone when the Speaker is activated.

Awesome mod nkey - but then I'm sure you already know that! :)

Do you think there'll be any opportunity to have the LR radios not bound to a backpack or vehicle? I can think of radios on tables in a base as a nice idea, or simply being able to put the radio in a backpack of choice as opposed to the ones provided.

Would love to see a base station setup that requires the player to sit at the desk to operate. Could incorporate more than one radio such as a JTAC system as well as the standard long range and have them set on speaker so they can be heard by those in the general area. Would be great for HQ radio ops and generally being able to listen in on multiple frequencies during operations.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Not sure how hard this would be to implement but I would love to see a booster or repeater station that can be deployed and erected by players in order to boost broadcast ranges. Being able to place them in the editor as well would be great, they could become a strategic objective in disrupting the enemy and player radio communications.

Edited by AusCleaver
  • Thanks 1

there you go.

Recorded by my mate. While I was next to him I was still sending "test" but as you see he only heard the beeping and popping, which got better when I went further away.

You beat me to the recording, but thats the same issue I was talking about.

EDIT

Has anyone figured out how to change key binds now the userconfig is different?

Edited by N_Icomach

Can confirm 3d positional audio is fixed with 0.95

nkey, can you talk with the guy that implemented the keybind system and have him look at CBA's documentation? I'm guessing he made his own keybind system using CBA's as a base and not as a frame.

TFAR on 0.9.5 now sounds awesome! Loving it.

It's back on our public dedi server and all seems good.

Thanks for the quick hot fixes nkey.

www.3commandobridge.com

Edited by UK_Apollo

Hi,nkey! It would be desirable to write about much but I will stop on the basic:

1. I consider that the description of similar to ACRE actual at the time of creation of a subject isn't actual any more as fashions similar to ACRE stopped being long ago and became not competitive for other mods imitating a radio communication,in other words now in the description of ACRE it is possible to write safely similar to TFAR.

2. Offer: it would be very convenient to enter possibility of reassignment of keys into a usage time (in game).

3. I play games as ARMA 3 from OFP long ago and during this time tried the mass of various mods but the radio communication in game interested me much more than other mods their significant amount and TFAR was respectively tried it is a masterpiece.

Good luck nkey I hope mod will be better than the others as well as now.

Edited by student

Maybe something with CBA keybinding... Could you check if keys are setup?

Keys are set up. I mean, it'll transmit. It just doesn't squawk.

Edit: Made a small change. Got it. Works now. Appreciate the help thus far.

Edited by Ink.

Would love to see a base station setup that requires the player to sit at the desk to operate. Could incorporate more than one radio such as a JTAC system as well as the standard long range and have them set on speaker so they can be heard by those in the general area. Would be great for HQ radio ops and generally being able to listen in on multiple frequencies during operations.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Not sure how hard this would be to implement but I would love to see a booster or repeater station that can be deployed and erected by players in order to boost broadcast ranges. Being able to place them in the editor as well would be great, they could become a strategic objective in disrupting the enemy and player radio communications.

Will think about it for next major release. Also, transmitters is planned.

---------- Post added at 05:06 ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 ----------

You beat me to the recording, but thats the same issue I was talking about.

EDIT

Keybinds now set by CBA keybinding ingame.

there you go.

Thanks for video, issue will fixed in next update.

Will think about it for next major release. Also, transmitters is planned.

---------- Post added at 05:06 ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 ----------

Keybinds now set by CBA keybinding ingame.

AND so how do you change the keybinds ingame?? i would like to know cuz this keypad bs is pissing me off

nope u need to change it back i have my radio controls completely reconfigured not to mention my move buttons use the numpad so now i cant move

configure - controls - configure addons (bottom right, next to OK) . select TFAR from drop down menu, as said about 10 times on the last couple of pages,