nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Just a noob question (because i didn't test yet), in your previous version, we had a "task_force_radio" folder in userconfig folder !

Now we have (on play with six!) the "radio_keys" file directly in userconfig folder !!

Then, is it important to copy the file directly in my userconfig game folder, or can i continue to copy this file in the "task_force_radio" folder ??

Thanks ;)

Strange. Latest version is Arma3/userconfig/task_force_radio/radio_keys.hpp just as usual.

You must have messed up your install somehow.

Just a noob question (because i didn't test yet), in your previous version, we had a "task_force_radio" folder in userconfig folder !

Now we have (on play with six!) the "radio_keys" file directly in userconfig folder !!

Then, is it important to copy the file directly in my userconfig game folder, or can i continue to copy this file in the "task_force_radio" folder ??

Thanks ;)

Old keys file used only for compatibility, now it is possible to setup keys by ingame menu.

Hello. Now, with the v0.9.4h, we have a new issue : The 3D voices seems not work correcly.

Sorry, I can't explain with more details, my english is not very good.

Old keys file used only for compatibility, now it is possible to setup keys by ingame menu.

Hi nkey, can you please explain where this ingame menu is? I don't see it in the Configure/Controls menu (not in Configure Addons either) and I don't see it when I'm ingame and hit escape.

Thanks!

I don't see it in the Configure/Controls menu (not in Configure Addons either)

But that's exactly where it should be (and was for me).

I apologize if I'm a moron, but was testing 0.9.3 last night and we ran into something.

Is radio interference a feature? When someone has speakers on and you walk up to them and transmit, it screeches. Additionally, when vehicles are within about 20 meters of each other and have speakers enabled, it had a low humming noise.

I can't find the option to change the hotkeys in game, where are these options? :)

Edit:

For anyone who's wondering, there's a key nextto Ok in controls which says Configure Addons, there's the option!

Sorry my bad!

Edited by Oksman

Probably already reported, but here's the list for bugs in 0.94:

- Stereo is reversed (sources from the right play on the left and vice-versa).

- When set to yelling, the distance from which you can be heard is almost half of what it was in 0.92 (not a bug but you have to invade personal space when set to whispering).

- Keybinds under Configure>Controls>Configure Addons reload each time a keybind is added/replaced and reload even when the addon to configure is switched.

To explain: Go into "Configure Addons" and select TFAR, switch a keybind and select STHUD, Tao Fold Map or another addon that uses the CBA keybinding system and note that TFAR keybinds are being loaded in that addon's list as well.

- Diver radio is loud (only one person reported this to me, haven't been able to reproduce).

- The ending transmission squelch doesn't play if the transmission is less than 3 or 4 seconds long.

Strange. Latest version is Arma3/userconfig/task_force_radio/radio_keys.hpp just as usual.

You must have messed up your install somehow.

OK!

Then i confirm that there's a problem with the Play with Six download !

When updated, you have userconfig/radio_keys.hpp...

And if you do it yourself and diagnose your mod, it reinstalls the file in userconfig but doesn't touch your "task_force_radio" folder anymore...

Perhaps there's something bad in the PWS repo ;)

Edited by chal00

This is long awaited, but we've actually found a tiny challenge with this. Our Zeus usually combines a role as HQ and Zeus, and occasionally remotes AI. Problem now is that he can't be reached as HQ when he's remote controlling another unit.

Best case would be to have access to both options, selecting if audio should be connected to curator/Zeus, or the controlled unit. This might be a bit difficult, though.

As far as I remember he should here its own radio while control unit. Is it?

So, I tested this . I did not work. The AI unit that was controlled via Zeus did not hear any transmissions that was done to the Zeus player. We could of course pick up a radio, but i's a bit of a hassle when Zeus only want to jump quickly into an AI and run around. :)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the update (both yesterdays and todays) - the new radio sounds, skins and functionality is fantastic.

However, the 3D placement for peoples voices is completely ruined. Don't want to be a downer on the update, but I find it unusable. With someone standing infront of you, they sound behind you, and the L/R stereo is ruined also. The actual quality of the audio is so much better, but the distance and directional voice is terrible. Please fix this ASAP, as I've got a squad of 30 guys complaining about it!

Kind regards,

Reasoner

I've compiled a list of the still standing bugs in 0.94.

Filling the thread reporting the same bugs over and over is counter-productive so:

Please do not post if the bug you're reporting is listed below.

Here's 0.02$ of wisdom:

Working at technical support is like being at the desk in an airport's luggage handling: Everyone's bitching about their luggage hoping it reaches them faster.

It doesn't. The people behind the desk are very patient with you, now it's your turn to be patient with them.

So take your seat, wait in line or go on about your life and leave your address and you'll have your luggage eventually.

Again:

Do not report bugs already on the list.

Have something not on the list? Report it. Make the report as detailed as possible.

Probably already reported, but here's the list for bugs in 0.94:

- Stereo is reversed (sources from the right play on the left and vice-versa).

- Keybinds under Configure>Controls>Configure Addons reload each time a keybind is added/replaced and reload even when the addon to configure is switched.

To explain: Go into "Configure Addons" and select TFAR, switch a keybind and select STHUD, Tao Fold Map or another addon that uses the CBA keybinding system and note that TFAR keybinds are being loaded in that addon's list as well.

- Diver radio is loud (only one person reported this to me, haven't been able to reproduce).

- The ending transmission squelch doesn't play if the transmission is less than 3 or 4 seconds long.

Edited by Subscyed

Stereo is reversed (sources from the right play on the left and vice-versa).

Not for me anymore, did you update the teamspeak plugins? nkey accidentally uploaded a wrong version, later the archive was corrected, so you might still have the older version.

Yes, I have. I've searched for and got the actual link nkey posted up rather than armaholic's.

Problem persists.

Win7 64bit with freshly installed 64bit TS3 client.

Before anyone else asks, I have reinstalled this addon over 5 times during the course of today 16th Oct 2014, alternating between armaholic's 0.94, tfar's 0.94 from their site and those + the plugins nkey posted earlier, wiping the userconfig every time. No success, stereo sound is still reversed.

Edited by Subscyed

I'm not sure if Stereo is reversed or just messed up in a non linear way...

...When someone has speakers on and you walk up to them and transmit, it screeches...

This is called a "Feedback".

This happens, when you are too close to the soundsource you are sending the audio to. Your "mic" records the external speaker of the other radio and feeds it back to the speaker. The result is an endless audio-loop. Like in real life, i kinda like it...

The key config in-game shows me both Alt and Additional channels for both SR and LR, with the Additional set to T and Z respectively. I'm totally confused by this, as we've always had the Alternate channel, which used T and Y as I recall but now it seems these Additional channels are using these keys by default, with no key set for the Alternate channels. In fact, the key list on the TFAR website only refers to Additional channels now.

... No success, stereo sound is still reversed.

Have you checked if you are wearing your headset the other way around? :p

BTW, I didn't notice this issue.

Hi nkey, can you please explain where this ingame menu is? I don't see it in the Configure/Controls menu (not in Configure Addons either) and I don't see it when I'm ingame and hit escape.

Thanks!

You need to be in mission.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

I apologize if I'm a moron, but was testing 0.9.3 last night and we ran into something.

Is radio interference a feature? When someone has speakers on and you walk up to them and transmit, it screeches. Additionally, when vehicles are within about 20 meters of each other and have speakers enabled, it had a low humming noise.

Not sure I get you. Could you please record a video?

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

The key config in-game shows me both Alt and Additional channels for both SR and LR, with the Additional set to T and Z respectively. I'm totally confused by this, as we've always had the Alternate channel, which used T and Y as I recall but now it seems these Additional channels are using these keys by default, with no key set for the Alternate channels. In fact, the key list on the TFAR website only refers to Additional channels now.

"Alternate" - it is just another keybinding for transmit (not filled by default).

Have you checked if you are wearing your headset the other way around? :p

BTW, I didn't notice this issue.

Confirmed with a group of about 20+ playing earlier today. All complaining of switched stereo, infront and behind and also distance being off.

version 0.9.4: if you enable or disable the plugin for teamspeak you can hear a clear volume drop, and

somekind you think the voice is not just in the "mono-center".

talk to someone in ts and switch plugin on and off.

Yes, I have. I've searched for and got the actual link nkey posted up rather than armaholic's.

Problem persists.

Win7 64bit with freshly installed 64bit TS3 client.

Before anyone else asks, I have reinstalled this addon over 5 times during the course of today 16th Oct 2014, alternating between armaholic's 0.94, tfar's 0.94 from their site and those + the plugins nkey posted earlier, wiping the userconfig every time. No success, stereo sound is still reversed.

Link I posted contains copy of plugins witgh reversed sound.

At official site (radio.task-force.ru/en) is latest copy (should fix revers sound)... Very strange here.

Broken download link fixed.

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

Any sound? Could you please describe in more details. Also, try with hotfix.

Trying now... and it seems 0.9.4 hasn't helped. May have actually made it worse for me. Now I cannot transmit over shortwave at all. Nor can I access my shortwave radios menu (Ctrl + P). I definitely do have one, I grabbed one. I just suddenly cant access it.

Update: Disregard. I changed something, restarted Arma and I can use SW again. Still no squawk. Other sounds appear to be working fine, such as changing and setting frequency sounds. Just not the transmitting squawk.

I guess he might have the same issue I had. The squawk sound when pressing the buttons don't work when you play via the editor. It did work as soon as I got onto a server.

Right. I just wanted to do a keyconfig test and what not and so I'm attempting to do this in a scenario that I created in editor. I'm running the actual scenario and not doing a preview of it. It used to work in this way, which let me test configs for my add-ons easily so I dunno if something changed and it's not possible this way. It makes it easier than trying to do it as we're rushing to head out for the match.

Edited by Ink.