nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Custom keybindings that worked in the original radio_keys.hpp now fail when added via the in-game menu.

They seem to have lower priority than before, and now cannot override the implicit ARMA3 bindings.

An issue I'd like to report is that using custom radio sounds leads to TS crashing repeatedly.

Also, aside from all the sound-related problems, the menu in the CBA keybindings thing is slow to load and reloads every time a new keybind is added/made with no organization thereof.

E.g. SW Menu, LR Menu, DD Menu appear first in that order (roughly) when first loading the keybindings menu. Upon it reloading, they get shuffled elsewhere.

Ok, convert files to 48000 stereo PCM.

CBA keybinding menu done not by me....

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Custom keybindings that worked in the original radio_keys.hpp now fail when added via the in-game menu.

They seem to have lower priority than before, and now cannot override the implicit ARMA3 bindings.

Could you provide an example of such keybinding?

Direct chat sounds really tinny with the 0.9.3 update, did I miss something?

Direct chat sounds really tinny with the 0.9.3 update, did I miss something?

Only three pages worth of discussion :D

There was a fixed plugin download a few pages back, if you use that the quality is good BUT the stereo channels are reversed. It might be best to wait for the hotfix.

Great update! However I think the direct voice chat that now sounds like everyone is talking on a phone should be changed back to just a normal voice.

Hotfix is uploading...

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 ----------

So, new 0.9.4 hotfix is ready, you can download it here.

So, thanks everyone for testing, continue same! :)

Changelog:

• Fixed robotic sound
  • Fixed sound distance model
  • Fixed game freeze on tangent release
  • Adjusted radio quarks voume
  • Fixed crash on incorrect format of custom sound (need to be 2/48000)
  • Fixed backpacks shadows:)

Quick question. When I transmit via TFAR, I notice I no longer have the sound. Any idea why?

Broken download link fixed.

---------- Post added at 07:16 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

Quick question. When I transmit via TFAR, I notice I no longer have the sound. Any idea why?

Any sound? Could you please describe in more details. Also, try with hotfix.

Any sound? Could you please describe in more details. Also, try with hotfix.

I guess he might have the same issue I had. The squawk sound when pressing the buttons don't work when you play via the editor. It did work as soon as I got onto a server.

People still seem a bit to quiet in this update though, would be nice if it was increased back up a bit.

Edited by i3r4ndon

People still seem a bit to quiet in this update though, would be nice if it was increased back up a bit.

Will do. But better?

Will do. But better?

Not completely sure what your asking, but the reversed stereo thing and the robot noise are both fixed. All the new features are nice as well. As for the volume, I think it should be raised back up to be around the levels before the new update.

Also seems like the Long Range volume when on speakers is really quiet as well.

Edited by i3r4ndon

Hey nkey,

damn you are fast with your fixes and i really like where all this is heading ^^

So, i am working on a bunch of different soundpacks for the radios like local PTT-Sounds and remote roger beeps.

Is it possible to build in an option to choose between soundpacks ingame, even for different radiotypes like "soundpack x" for SW and "soundpack y" for airborne?

It also would be nice to sepperate the airborne radiosounds to fixedwing and rotarywing (the AH64D has another rogerbeep than a F/A-18...)

Greez

WIP Video:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
archive updated with fixed version

Hey nkey,

damn you are fast with your fixes and i really like where all this is heading ^^

So, i am working on a bunch of different soundpacks for the radios like local PTT-Sounds and remote roger beeps.

Is it possible to build in an option to choose between soundpacks ingame, even for different radiotypes like "soundpack x" for SW and "soundpack y" for airborne?

It also would be nice to sepperate the airborne radiosounds to fixedwing and rotarywing (the AH64D has another rogerbeep than a F/A-18...)

Greez

WIP Video:

Will think about it, not bad idea.

Use 48000 Kz 2 channels PCM for sounds.

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Oops, was uploaded wrong plugins to 0.9.4 (without volume fix).

Now release package updateds, could you please redownload to Armaholic?

Thanks!

Will think about it, not bad idea.

Use 48000 Kz 2 channels PCM for sounds.

Check...

I will give you my first pack to experiment with when it's done. But it might take a week or two. I have to wait for my CB-Radios i just ordered to simulate the beeps ^^

• Full support for Zeus (can use radios, can hear, can talk even though controlled unit)

This is long awaited, but we've actually found a tiny challenge with this. Our Zeus usually combines a role as HQ and Zeus, and occasionally remotes AI. Problem now is that he can't be reached as HQ when he's remote controlling another unit.

Best case would be to have access to both options, selecting if audio should be connected to curator/Zeus, or the controlled unit. This might be a bit difficult, though.

This is long awaited, but we've actually found a tiny challenge with this. Our Zeus usually combines a role as HQ and Zeus, and occasionally remotes AI. Problem now is that he can't be reached as HQ when he's remote controlling another unit.

Best case would be to have access to both options, selecting if audio should be connected to curator/Zeus, or the controlled unit. This might be a bit difficult, though.

As far as I remember he should here its own radio while control unit. Is it?

New FADAK display looks unrealistic somehow, at least in .paa. I mean, it looks like the frequency wouldn't look good on it.

Could you provide screenshots of it in-game, both of day and night versions?

As far as I remember he should here its own radio while control unit. Is it?

Oh. Can't remember if I did test that. Will report back later.

New FADAK display looks unrealistic somehow, at least in .paa. I mean, it looks like the frequency wouldn't look good on it.

Could you provide screenshots of it in-game, both of day and night versions?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3lavnbqgvsrpwvy/AADqUjPvC6Fsz-QhTpZLiI59a?dl=0#lh:null-2014-10-15_00004.jpg (also next image)

Thanks for the hotfix, nkey. Works almost perfectly now. The only thing that I find a bit too weak is the stereo effect itself, i.e. the separation of the speakers is IMO a bit too low. What I mean is that the voice of the speaker appears a bit too close to the center when he is standing to the side of you.

Other than that, all issues are gone. Great job, and thanks for the quick reaction. I love the new Speakers feature, it's great to be able to hear e.g. a vehicles radio when it was switched to speakers. Immersion with this mod is getting better and better.

I wish you the best of luck in the MakeArmaNotWar contest :)