nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Did you remove the backwards compatibility to TeamSpeak version 3.0.12?

HM.. I'll add 3.0.12 plugin soon (forgot about them).

Hm. How you want to setup it? Because each community uses their own scheme.

I suggest to add a new parameter in the config:

"Set all SR radios with an alternate channel with their side's LR frequency = 0"

If the above is changed to "1" AND your new "all side radio same frequency" is also on 1, then all SR radios will spawn with an alternate channel with the frequency of their side's LR frequency.

"Set all SR radios with an alternate channel with their side's LR frequency = 0"

If the above is changed to "1" AND your new "all side radio same frequency" is also on 1, then all SR radios will spawn with an alternate channel with the frequency of their side's LR frequency.

Hm.. Will think about it.

Not sure if this is already possible, or if this could be a usefull addition: Config Parameter that automatically selects inbuilt vehicle LR as active when you enter vehicle with backpack LR.

And a question: How can we set speaker mode as default on selected vehicles? (if possible)

Great update btw. Testing the new features now, and they rock.

Not a fan of this. People who are not in a leading function should stay away from those channels in general. However they should know the frequency, so in a emergency they can hop on it.

This.

Edit:

My above reply sounded a little abrupt. It's a clever idea but it's not a feature that would be used in my unit and many others like it.

Edited by ACyprus

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

That's a very specific solution to a very specific need.

Wouldn't a better solution simply be to add an "Alternate Frequencies" field to the Side Radio and Frequencies modules that are placeable in the editor?

This would provide a more general solution that is useful to a wider range of users and that compliments the existing functionality of those modules allowing mission makers to fully customise the radio setup.

Seems like three issues so far.

1. There is a odd Popping when inside vehicles that totally cuts audio.

2. Voices sound extremely robotic even when not transmitting on radio.

3. Within 5 - 10 minutes some people can no longer talk and are forced to talk on radio. (Example: Try to speak with no radio and no one can hear you. Pick up radio and transmit on whatever frequency now people can hear you. Let go of radio PTT and now you cant talk again)

Besides those issues loving the direction this is heading!

Edited by N_Icomach
Format

Seems like three issues so far.

1. There is a odd Popping when inside vehicles that totally cuts audio.

2. Voices sound extremely robotic even when not transmitting on radio.

3. Within 5 - 10 minutes some people can no longer talk and are forced to talk on radio. (Example: Try to speak with no radio and no one can hear you. Pick up radio and transmit on whatever frequency now people can hear you. Let go of radio PTT and now you cant talk again)

Besides those issues loving the direction this is heading!

Could you add details regarding 1?

2. For everyone?

can confirm very robotic sound over direct speech, just tested on server

Could you please record the video?

Well not the robotic sound, but insted i got this: (also we do have that robotic sound too)

Well not the robotic sound, but insted i got this: (also we do have that robotic sound too)

Are you using custom sounds? Try to use from package or convert to 48000 stereo PCM.

We are getting reports of voice issues from our community as well - direct/local voices sounding very "bad" or like they are "coming from a radio". It seems that some people are also having trouble opening radio interfaces and are unable to transmit when holding caps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FBvglrBnLo video, his voice is not so robotic without tfar

Could you please also record his voice without plugin in TS? It will very helpfull for debug :)

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

We are getting reports of voice issues from our community as well - direct/local voices sounding very "bad" or like they are "coming from a radio". It seems that some people are also having trouble opening radio interfaces and are unable to transmit when holding caps.

Could you add details on last two points?

Could you add details on last two points?

One of our guys couldn't open any radio interfaces after the update (Ctrl + P or Alt + P) even after trying different radios. When pushing caps he wasn't getting the usual "Transmitting" window. This may just be an issue with him, but it seems too much of a coincidence to occur straight after the update.

One of our guys couldn't open any radio interfaces after the update (Ctrl + P or Alt + P) even after trying different radios. When pushing caps he wasn't getting the usual "Transmitting" window. This may just be an issue with him, but it seems too much of a coincidence to occur straight after the update.

Have he tried to restart Arma? Maybe something with keys setup. Could he check addon keys settings (in keys configutation - addon section)?

Not a fan of this. People who are not in a leading function should stay away from those channels in general. However they should know the frequency, so in a emergency they can hop on it.

+10000000

Thanks for the update, will give my feedback soon!

You can reconfigure the keys in the configuration file, which can be found in the game folder ...\Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp. The file is edited in Notepad.

Where are the keyboard is hidden occupancy?

Thanks! I hear some artifacts in record. You voice is robotic for him, too, right?

yeah, he said that I sound also robotic