nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Great super sleuthing, Levrex . That hotfix has apparently caused a lot of issues with various software hanging or just breaking. It was reportedly related to improving the user DVD playback experience (ie DRM) so it's strange to have affected other software in the way it has.

That problem must have been really annoying to find! Good work Levrex.

Actually, there seems to be an even an easier way which was found by an another user of our community. I didn't test it myself, because i was fine with system restore method, but it seems to have helped many users (i don't know whether they had that update installed, so if it doesn't work, do system restore if possible).

If you experience problems with Task Force Radio while on Windows 7 (it doesn't move you to TF channel and does not work properly), manually launching one of the following helps:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\BEService_arma2oa.exe

Edited by Levrex

Zeus will able to hear players, but current spectator mode only allows to hear dead players. Other spectator scripts may be used.

Does this mean that custom spectator scripts would allow spectators to hear alive units? What would it require of the script, generally?

The night version of the radio interface looks really nice!

Does this mean that custom spectator scripts would allow spectators to hear alive units? What would it require of the script, generally?

The night version of the radio interface looks really nice!

Yes, it will required to spawn unit somewhere and move its camera... So, need think about it.

Quick question:

On what radios are the soundfiles in the "radio-sounds/ab" and "radio-sounds/dd" folders used? I haven't heard them...

Quick question:

On what radios are the soundfiles in the "radio-sounds/ab" and "radio-sounds/dd" folders used? I haven't heard them...

It is for airborne and underwater radios. Check readme.

Looks like today we'll get an update :)

Looks like today we'll get an update :)

Yeessssss nkey for president!

So, new version (0.9.3) of TFAR is ready to go. It may be little unstable yet, so next week I have plan to release hotfix (with some additional textures for RHS).

A lot of thanks to Raspu86 , L-H,, whoozle and others for their help.

Please, support TFAR on MakeArmaNotWar (you can login via Steam)! (else I will lose my first place in addon category :) )

As always, you can download new version here.

You need to update everything: server, keys, addon, plugins, sound files, userconfig and possible CBA (if you use old version). It is better to delete old version before.

Not compatible with previous version.

So, change log:

• New audio engine with better spatial audio and new distance model
  • Ability to enable speakers on radios (possible to hear radio on the ground, on unit, in vehicle, etc)
  • Full support for Zeus (can use radios, can hear, can talk even though controlled unit)
  • Fixed tangent stuck
  • Plugin CPU usage optimisation
  • Network usage optimisation
  • Solved "duplicate radio ID problem"
  • Sound isolation for vehicles
  • Fixed issue with mic sound for some players
  • New dialogs for radios including night version (a lot of them, almost all radios updated except airborne): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3lavnbqgvsrpwvy/AADqUjPvC6Fsz-QhTpZLiI59a?dl=0
  • New backpacks models: NATO 1, NATO 2, AFF, OPFOR
  • Old backpack models used by FIA
  • New fancy backpack texture
  • In-game key binding via CBA
  • Now possible to look around (ALT) and use radio
  • Dialogs buttons positions updated
  • Dialogs buttons sound updated
  • More fast spatial position updates
  • Same frequency in team for diver radio
  • CTRL + ~ to talk on diver radio
  • Small radios available in editor
  • Phone sound effect for addonmakers and scripters
  • Diver radio volume increased
  • Fixed getting radio in case of full inventory
  • Fixed issues with civilians players
  • i18n updates
  • Radios now correctly handles TeamSpeak PTT delay
  • Fix turn out issues with few vehicles
  • Default radio volume in userconfig
  • API to get if user uses radio\speaking
  • MR3003 in BWMOD vehicles and infantry
  • Event handlers API
  • Statistic tracker will help me to make mod better
  • A lot of other fixes

Waiting for your feedback\ideas\bugs before next hotfix!

How to explain to my gf that I want to test this, and not be social tonight... :)

You can do both if you invite your GF to the test :)

So, new version (0.9.3) of TFAR is ready to go.

Please, support TFAR on MakeArmaNotWar (you can login via Steam)! (else I will lose my first place in addon category :) )

Congratulations on the release of 0.9.3! Supported on the MANW!

Can I suggest yet another feature? A server config parameter (default off) to automatically set all short-range radio's alternate channel to the long-range frequency. This way everybody can hear when the leaders are talking, know when to shut up when their leader is listening to the LR frequency, and always up to date with the other teams status and the general plan. It will spare so much hassle for team leaders that use LR that I don't know where to start...

What do you think?

Great to see this being updated, I just couldn't play ARMA without this anymore :)

Can I suggest yet another feature? A server config parameter (default off) to automatically set all short-range radio's alternate channel to the long-range frequency. This way everybody can hear when the leaders are talking, know when to shut up when their leader is listening to the LR frequency, and always up to date with the other teams status and the general plan. It will spare so much hassle for team leaders that use LR that I don't know where to start...

Sounds like a good idea. That way players aren't left in the dark about what is going on on the command channel, and it the leaders want to be hush about it they can change to another channel anway :) Would be good since the fire team leader doesn't need to repeat everything then.

Likewise!

Yeah, from experience, this is something that would be very welcome, especially to keep in touch after the team leader was killed until the new leader has picked up the LR

What do you think?

Sounds good to me, if is not applicable for particular situation you can still change frequencies if is too much audio traffic so everyone is happy :)

Not a fan of this. People who are not in a leading function should stay away from those channels in general. However they should know the frequency, so in a emergency they can hop on it.

Thanks for new version, so far it's working great yet I noticed that backpacks shadows are not sticking to character. Probably missing selection in shadow vollume lod http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/spine.jpg

Thanks, will check.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

What do you think?

Hm. How you want to setup it? Because each community uses their own scheme.

Did you remove the backwards compatibility to TeamSpeak version 3.0.12?