nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Will this mod support Mumble? It would be nice to finally have a radio mod that can use mumble link if we want to. Instead of forcing us to use TeamSpeak. Why should we have to pay for a second 500 slot Teamspeak server when we have a 500 slot Mumble server?

Will this mod support Mumble? It would be nice to finally have a radio mod that can use mumble link if we want to. Instead of forcing us to use TeamSpeak. Why should we have to pay for a second 500 slot Teamspeak server when we have a 500 slot Mumble server?

Currently Mumble is totally different from TS, so it will a lot of time to make plugin for it. Also, maybe some tweaks for Mumble source code will be required...

Instead of forcing us to use TeamSpeak. Why should we have to pay for a second 500 slot Teamspeak server when we have a 500 slot Mumble server?

This kinds of post make me smirk.

Edited by ACyprus

Why should we have to pay for a second 500 slot Teamspeak server when we have a 500 slot Mumble server?

You have some nerves. None of us here is entitled to enjoy nkey's work, neither are you. It's not his problem you have a mumble server, and no one forces you to use his mod.

Perhaps if every one of those 500 members of yours donated 1 euro to this project, it might be conceivable that nkey would consider investing his own personal time in something he neither uses nor has interest in.

Or at the very least then it might be considered more polite to make such demands :)

Currently TFAR is not working at all, The items are there but the functions don't come up at all. Everyone who has recently downloaded TFAR is currently having this problem, Any ideas?

Currently Mumble is totally different from TS, so it will a lot of time to make plugin for it. Also, maybe some tweaks for Mumble source code will be required...

Radio mod for Mumble would be dam awesome thing to happen. Maybe in the future :D

Currently TFAR is not working at all, The items are there but the functions don't come up at all. Everyone who has recently downloaded TFAR is currently having this problem, Any ideas?

Maybe somethig with your install?

Currently is working to me..

Everyone who has recently downloaded TFAR is currently having this problem

... On the same server or on every server running TFAR that you tested?

(working here btw in latest stable version and latest CBA RC.)

TFAR for A2 has stopped working. Dunno the reason, but this started after the latest BattlEye update.

Symptoms:

1) Empty TFAR window is on the screen, constantly. If you start or end a transmission, the hint window flashes briefly, showing the radio type and settings properly, but only briefly. Half a second or so.

2) Plugin's not functioning, 'cause it does not recognize the game launched. The addon itself is working fine, however.

I suspect the problem is in the pipe part, which, somehow, is being blocked by BattlEye? IDK.

Edited by Levrex

TFAR for A2 has stopped working. Dunno the reason, but this started after the latest BattlEye update.

Symptoms:

1) Empty TFAR window is on the screen, constantly. If you start or end a transmission, the hint window flashes briefly, showing the radio type and settings properly, but only briefly. Half a second or so.

2) Plugin's not functioning, 'cause it does not recognize the game launched. The addon itself is working fine, however.

I suspect the problem is in the pipe part, which, somehow, is being blocked by BattlEye? IDK.

:( You should contact author of A2 port in his thread probably..

EDIT: oops, it is you

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Backpack for AAF - http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/535125678622503328/D8AC73B8953E0767CF86E0C8F8B02464E861AFE2/

... On the same server or on every server running TFAR that you tested?

(working here btw in latest stable version and latest CBA RC.)

We all downloaded it from ARMAHOLIC 4 days ago, and it is not working for anyone.

:( You should contact author of A2 port in his thread probably..

EDIT: oops, it is you

Well, i thought you could give some hints as to why the hint window could possibly be empty (without even showing the pipe error).

We all downloaded it from ARMAHOLIC 4 days ago, and it is not working for anyone.

Looks like you doing something wrong... What is exactly not working?

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Well, i thought you could give some hints as to why the hint window could possibly be empty (without even showing the pipe error).

Not sure. Have tried admin mode?

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Backpack for CSAT - http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/535125678624620143/7575E78CAFAE64D97693752E38317897AC6C7D84/

Well, yeah. That does not really matter.

Here's a short video showing the problem (i'm not saying anything, just pressing the key). Download for original quality, though you can see everything even in low-res:

https://yadi.sk/i/9uT6jahmbvouZ

TS Client log has nothing to say, except that i'm "not connected". By now i'm certain it's the BattlEye that's at fault, as it blocked the video recording from OBS, which i could bypass by enabling anti-cheat compatibility. task_force_radio_pipe.dll can be moved in and out of the addon folder freely, no errors pop up. Not sure what to deduce from this, though.

Now, the question is, what is it that's being blocked by BattlEye in the plugin? If there is something, well, i hope that can be fixed. Or, maybe, it's just BE going mad and the next update will restore things back to normal, but if that's the case, i sure damn hope they would fix it ASAP.

Well, yeah. That does not really matter.

Here's a short video showing the problem (i'm not saying anything, just pressing the key). Download for original quality, though you can see everything even in low-res:

https://yadi.sk/i/9uT6jahmbvouZ

TS Client log has nothing to say, except that i'm "not connected". By now i'm certain it's the BattlEye that's at fault, as it blocked the video recording from OBS, which i could bypass by enabling anti-cheat compatibility. task_force_radio_pipe.dll can be moved in and out of the addon folder freely, no errors pop up. Not sure what to deduce from this, though.

Now, the question is, what is it that's being blocked by BattlEye in the plugin? If there is something, well, i hope that can be fixed. Or, maybe, it's just BE going mad and the next update will restore things back to normal, but if that's the case, i sure damn hope they would fix it ASAP.

Probably task_force_radio_pipe.dll is not loaded by the game for some reason... Need to think.

The items are showing up in game, But nothing else is working, No pipe errors, The radio's wont key up, We dont get pulled to the channel Nothing is working, Some people even downloaded it from play with six

Probably task_force_radio_pipe.dll is not loaded by the game for some reason... Need to think.

I contacted BE developer. He says that

I'm currently investigating why this is the case and will release a fix ASAP.

Let's hope the cause will be found quickly.

The items are showing up in game, But nothing else is working, No pipe errors, The radio's wont key up, We dont get pulled to the channel Nothing is working, Some people even downloaded it from play with six

Hm.. Maybe something related to battleeye too.

Could you move\delete task_force_radio_pipe.dll during the game?

Yes we are able to move it. Does not matter if I am in a battleeye server, Non Battleeye or even the editor

Yes we are able to move it. Does not matter if I am in a battleeye server, Non Battleeye or even the editor

Magic.. Maybe something related to antivirus? Have you tried to disable it?

Quick question to the developers: are you guys planning on implementing a spectator mode like the ACRE+ACE one? Basically where you can be a camera entity but still hear people talking near wherever you happen to be, locally - I guess it would be really useful for Zeus as well.

The current spectator mode just sends you to global mode and that's hardly adequate for a big session.

Restoring Windows state to 1st of October miraculously repaired the radio. It worked even after i jumped back!

HOWEVER!

When i downloaded KB3001554 (update for Win7 x64), weighing 417 KB, and Windows Defender update KB915597 (Definition 1.185.2784.0), weighing 279 KB, it STOPPED WORKING. After i got to the server, BE Service closed the game, updated something and after the game restarted, well...

So i restored the system to remove those two updates and didn't install them afterwards. Then BE updated, but now everything works fine.

P. S. Also, XP and Win8 users did not experience the problem.

Edited by Levrex

Quick question to the developers: are you guys planning on implementing a spectator mode like the ACRE+ACE one? Basically where you can be a camera entity but still hear people talking near wherever you happen to be, locally - I guess it would be really useful for Zeus as well.

The current spectator mode just sends you to global mode and that's hardly adequate for a big session.

Zeus will able to hear players, but current spectator mode only allows to hear dead players. Other spectator scripts may be used. Maybe in next version will some updated regarding it.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Restoring Windows state to 1st of October miraculously repaired the radio. It worked even after i jumped back!

HOWEVER!

When i downloaded KB3001554 (update for Win7 x64), weighing 417 KB, and Windows Defender update KB915597 (Definition 1.185.2784.0), weighing 279 KB, it STOPPED WORKING. After i got to the server, BE Service closed the game, updated something and after the game restarted, well...

So i restored the system to remove those two updates and didn't install them afterwards. Then BE updated, but now everything works fine.

P. S. Also, XP and Win8 users did not experience the problem.

Hm... Very stange...