nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

well.. not it doesnt say No Task Force Depoyed on server now it says

waiting for unique radio from server..when i choose a radio..

UPDATE: okay so now i can actually see the radios and it give me transmitting option now.. but dont i need the big backpack radio? or no?

Edited by NastyNess

All the other mods seem to be working fine..

but i will try to delete all the spaces from it.. and try it that way.

Looks like other mod are client side only.

okay well i got it to work.. i see the radios in game when pressing Ctrl + P now.. and it give me transmitt option now so i think im good... right?

okay well i got it to work.. i see the radios in game when pressing Ctrl + P now.. and it give me transmitt option now so i think im good... right?

Looks like :)

i cant see the Long distance radio though...like the backpack one?? where is that?

i cant see the Long distance radio though...like the backpack one?? where is that?

Probably not given you because you are not group leader (or because map/userconfig settings).

How do you disable "force radio". It's extremely frustrating to have a radio randomly put on my back without wanting it - the feature is silly anyway. Remove it, pretty please.

How do you disable "force radio". It's extremely frustrating to have a radio randomly put on my back without wanting it - the feature is silly anyway. Remove it, pretty please.

The feature has its justification. If you do not like backpack radios then just disable it with

option a) TFAR editor module

option b) set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1; in description.ext

option c) set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1; in userconfig to disable it for all missions by default

The feature has its justification. If you do not like backpack radios then just disable it with

option a) TFAR editor module

option b) set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1; in description.ext

option c) set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1; in userconfig to disable it for all missions by default

Ta bud. I still can't see why the feature is there, at the very least there should be an option to turn it on as opposed to turning it off.

Why? Most combined arms missions require communications at ranges over 10km. This is only achievable with the long range radios.

It is also a lot more easy to just disable long range radios in the editor than giving each squad leader one via addbackpack. The disable feature is just 3 clicks away.

I'm doing some missions and I'm trying to solve the following situations:

Mission 1) Squad leader with one RT-1523G, and witch one team leader with AN / PRC-152 and the rest with RF-7800S-TR

Mission 2) All with AN / PRC-152

Mission 3) Squad leader and team leader with RT-1523G, and the other with RF-7800S-TR

I'm using a configuration created in loudout virtual arsenal, but it did not work for the long-range radios. The team leader and the squad leaders always end up coming without the radio.

I'm using "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio set = 1;" description.ext in, and I know that this function eliminates the radio long range but I thought as I was putting the right item in the init field would not have this problem.

I thought also to withdraw "set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;" all leaders would come with the RT-1523G, and that's not what I want.

Thank you for your help

Edited by Cota

Maybe update this list: "TFAR-related addons: TFAR add radios to vehicles from:" because i thought BWMod vehicles are not supportet.

They are and the LR radio is in there already, but not listet.

I heared that its not possible to hear the guys around you when you are "over hatch" (sorry, dont know how to translate that) at the Leopard, but i was not able to test this out, later maybe.

@NKey

Hello TFAR developers. I run a big ArmA 3 community called ArmA 3 Life and we've been using TFAR since the launch of our modpack for the last week. We like it alot but have come across the following problem:

We use the TFAR addon in conjunction with the Altis Life framework and have run into the following couple of issues:

TFAR seems to throw this error when being on the civilian side and is causing quite a spam in the RPT (a similar errors happends when having a long range radio as well):

goAII.jpg

Also our players run into random crashes/freezes which can be either 5 min into the game or 5 hours later. After having different users posting their .RPT we came to the conclusion that the issue might be TFAR related:

Cannot find base _radio_settings for /value/Item6/
.: Value type not matching:  != Array
EOF in string
Cannot find base
;‹tf_anprc148jem_40_se for /value/Item6/data/type/
Unknown entry type a in /value/Item6/data/type/

Here's some different RPT files gathered from our playerbase:

http://pastebin.com/77L62PsW

http://pastebin.com/D8J3pBCf

http://pastebin.com/ZiVy17Rj

http://pastebin.com/3u8M65QL

http://pastebin.com/q8RwsvGf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex692fkp7w1kcye/ArmA3_2014-09-12_11-41-36.rpt?dl=0

Would it be possible for you to find out what is causing these crashes? They are very random and can happen between 5 minutes and 6 hours. Some users have reported playing fine for 8 hours however.

We're using the latest version of TFAR.

It might maybe also be good to note that I could see quite a massive bandwidth increase when using #monitor when the TFR addon is enabled on the server (Not sure if this may be related to the above problems? Bandwidth out is around 80/100mbs with 35ppl). We're running into massive desyncing issues when reaching about 35-40 players which aren't there when TFR is not being used, server FPS seems to be perfectly fine however (~35-40FPS).

Perhaps this is all related to the client that keeps requesting radio settings which do not exist causing very high network traffic?

Steps to reproduce:

Create a mission with the players on the civilian side. Even in the editor this issue is there.

Caiden.

Edited by Caiden

I'm doing some missions and I'm trying to solve the following situations:

Mission 1) Squad leader with one RT-1523G, and witch one team leader with AN / PRC-152 and the rest with RF-7800S-TR

Mission 2) All with AN / PRC-152

Mission 3) Squad leader and team leader with RT-1523G, and the other with RF-7800S-TR

I'm using a configuration created in loudout virtual arsenal, but it did not work for the long-range radios. The team leader and the squad leaders always end up coming without the radio.

I'm using "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio set = 1;" description.ext in, and I know that this function eliminates the radio long range but I thought as I was putting the right item in the init field would not have this problem.

I thought also to withdraw "set tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;" all leaders would come with the RT-1523G, and that's not what I want.

Thank you for your help

Not sure I get you... Could you explain in more details please?

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

@NKey

Hello TFAR developers. I run a big ArmA 3 community called ArmA 3 Life and we've been using TFAR since the launch of our modpack for the last week. We like it alot but have come across the following problem:

We use the TFAR addon in conjunction with the Altis Life framework and have run into the following couple of issues:

TFAR seems to throw this error when being on the civilian side and is causing quite a spam in the RPT (a similar errors happends when having a long range radio as well):

http://i.snag.gy/goAII.jpg

Also our players run into random crashes/freezes which can be either 5 min into the game or 5 hours later. After having different users posting their .RPT we came to the conclusion that the issue might be TFAR related:

Cannot find base _radio_settings for /value/Item6/
EOF in string
Cannot find base
;‹tf_anprc148jem_40_se for /value/Item6/data/type/
Unknown entry type a in /value/Item6/data/type/

Here's some different RPT files gathered from our playerbase:

http://pastebin.com/77L62PsW

http://pastebin.com/D8J3pBCf

http://pastebin.com/ZiVy17Rj

http://pastebin.com/3u8M65QL

http://pastebin.com/q8RwsvGf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex692fkp7w1kcye/ArmA3_2014-09-12_11-41-36.rpt?dl=0

Would it be possible for you to find out what is causing these crashes? They are very random and can happen between 5 minutes and 6 hours. Some users have reported playing fine for 8 hours however.

We're using the latest version of TFAR.

It might maybe also be good to note that I could see quite a massive bandwidth increase when using #monitor when the TFR addon is enabled on the server (Not sure if this may be related to the above problems? Bandwidth out is around 80/100mbs with 35ppl). We're running into massive desyncing issues when reaching about 35-40 players which aren't there when TFR is not being used, server FPS seems to be perfectly fine however (~35-40FPS).

Perhaps this is all related to the client that keeps requesting radio settings which do not exist causing very high network traffic?

Steps to reproduce:

Create a mission with the players on the civilian side. Even in the editor this issue is there.

Caiden.

Hello.

Thanks for reports.

1) In mission file set tf_civ_radio_code = "some_encryption_code_for_civilians" to avoid RPT spam.

2) Maybe crashes related to TFAR, maybe not... Only in 1 RPT I see TFAR-related things in the end. Lets try with RPT spam fixed and will see how it goes.

3) Yes, probably high traffic called by first issue. Lets check it after SPAM fix. We have reqular games with more than 130 player 4 times a week without issues.

I will try to do my best to help such famouse comminity :) So, lets keep in touch. You can send me PM to get in Skype contact.

Waiting for some results.

Can you disable auto assignment of short range radios as well?

Can you disable auto assignment of short range radios as well?

Put player unlinkItem "ItemRadio"; in your init.sqf?

can anyone help me i cant get the TFR to work with the newest version of TS3 or an older one everything is as it should be but not working,

My mod folder is in a different location that arma 3 folder it used to work fine

Greetz

Rob

can anyone help me i cant get the TFR to work with the newest version of TS3 or an older one everything is as it should be but not working,

My mod folder is in a different location that arma 3 folder it used to work fine

Greetz

Rob

Wha is exactly not working?

it says TFR is connected and everytime i try to test it out with friends we are completly mute in the game ,teamspeak keeps working,

we get our radio's from the server but no audio cues when u recieve it or when its connected or disconected.

i know TS used to mute us unless we talked over the radio, or is that removed?

it says TFR is connected and everytime i try to test it out with friends we are completly mute in the game ,teamspeak keeps working,

we get our radio's from the server but no audio cues when u recieve it or when its connected or disconected.

i know TS used to mute us unless we talked over the radio, or is that removed?

Yes, you should be muted until talking. So, you and all your friends can't hear each other?

Question: In the Side Radio module in editor, is it possible to leave some of the fields blank? I really want all units from BLUFOR and OPFOR to get normal radio loudout (SR and LR), but I want IND to get no radios at all.

I am so stupid i figured it out had all the ts sounds on mute thats why it didn't worked but i wanna thank you guys for the fast support :)

Question: In the Side Radio module in editor, is it possible to leave some of the fields blank? I really want all units from BLUFOR and OPFOR to get normal radio loudout (SR and LR), but I want IND to get no radios at all.

If you want remove radios from IND - add script which will remove IteamRadio for them.

if (side player == independent) then {

player removeItem "IteamRadio";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio= true;

};

in init.sqf