nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Is there anyway to stop the radio getting stuck transmitting when pressing caps lock and then pressing alt while transmitting?

Go to your key settings and go to Multiplayer, you'll see "2xCaps Lock" Remove that and anything with 2x and it will solve that issue. Had that problem during an op months ago, that'll solve it.

nkey: I dont know how you do this but your support is outstanding. everytime, for every question you try to help. Big THX! You shine in the arma community!

btw. i had now 2-3 missions where the frequence changes even i dont do anything with the radio, just try to use it and saw why i didnt receive the last 5min no radio transmission ;) And one many missions not everyone get a big 152, its just mixed up within a team. some get little infantry, some get the normal 152.

Getting error "No task force radio deployed on server" after updating CBA_A3 to RC2 version. Any way to fix this? I do not want to rollback CBA.

Been running into this same issue, we had it working fine then the A3 update happened and we run into the same issue of being able to talk directionally, but no radios. Our rpt file shows the two files are loaded.

Before anyone asks if we have it set up properly, the answer is yes. I have installed this several times on several servers, without any issues, as well as installed fresh updates.

Has anyone gained any insight on this?

Dunno if this has been proposed before, but since TFAR already requires CBA, have you guys considered using their new keyboard configuration dialog? It would ease the process of configuring keys quite substantially, and I think it would also get rid of the "hanging" talk keys.

EDIT: LOL, just checked the project page on GITHub :D

nkey, as you confirmed you are going to add a unified frequency for underwater transducers, may I please suggest that unlike the SR radios, all friendly divers from all teams will use the same frequency? And that for the following reasons:

1. unlike on ground, transducer is the only means to communicate with other teams as you don't have the LR radio, the transducer is the only thing you have.

2. If I remember correctly, it's more realistic that way, that all underwater units can hear such a transmission. That's how gertrude works.

Been running into this same issue, we had it working fine then the A3 update happened and we run into the same issue of being able to talk directionally, but no radios. Our rpt file shows the two files are loaded.

Before anyone asks if we have it set up properly, the answer is yes. I have installed this several times on several servers, without any issues, as well as installed fresh updates.

We get that error on J-SERE's Recruitment Server, however once you get past that error and if you have the TS plugin enabled it works fine. If the mod is not on the server you will always get the error though it'll still run based on server settings. If however you have your own server and you have the mod uploaded to it you won't get the error, other than the "Pipe error" in the bottom right if you have the TS plugin disabled.

We get that error on J-SERE's Recruitment Server, however once you get past that error and if you have the TS plugin enabled it works fine. If the mod is not on the server you will always get the error though it'll still run based on server settings. If however you have your own server and you have the mod uploaded to it you won't get the error, other than the "Pipe error" in the bottom right if you have the TS plugin disabled.

Doesn't seem to happen here. When I load in I get the TS Plugin Roger Beep. When in mission it tries to set a radio up after which I get the "No Task force radio Deployed on Server" message

A test in game gives me directional direct communication, but when I tab for the radio nothing shows up, as well as when I choose caps lock to transmit

(Is there any known mods that conflict with TFAR?)

nkey,

I know I'm late to the party, I just started using this in the last day or so. Really enjoying it.

I want to have an RT1523 sat on a table that is a receiver only. Can this be done?

Currently not possible.

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

nkey: I dont know how you do this but your support is outstanding. everytime, for every question you try to help. Big THX! You shine in the arma community!

btw. i had now 2-3 missions where the frequence changes even i dont do anything with the radio, just try to use it and saw why i didnt receive the last 5min no radio transmission ;) And one many missions not everyone get a big 152, its just mixed up within a team. some get little infantry, some get the normal 152.

1) possible it is because VAS and radio duplication becase it

2) yep, squad leader gets 152 and other small ones. can be changed via module/flag

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Hm... Do you have a lot of error on server side RPT? try to add mod=Curator to server launch parameters.

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

nkey, as you confirmed you are going to add a unified frequency for underwater transducers, may I please suggest that unlike the SR radios, all friendly divers from all teams will use the same frequency? And that for the following reasons:

1. unlike on ground, transducer is the only means to communicate with other teams as you don't have the LR radio, the transducer is the only thing you have.

2. If I remember correctly, it's more realistic that way, that all underwater units can hear such a transmission. That's how gertrude works.

Probably will do.

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

There are reports about issues with new ts version!

Hi Nkey i have problem with my TFAR radio mod i cant hear nobody and nobody hear my when i am in my server team . I dont have error display , The addons of TFAR has in Teamspeak 3 plugins with radio-sound and the mod @task_force_radio has in ArmA 3 . Thanks for the help .

Hi Nkey i have problem with my TFAR radio mod i cant hear nobody and nobody hear my when i am in my server team . I dont have error display , The addons of TFAR has in Teamspeak 3 plugins with radio-sound and the mod @task_force_radio has in ArmA 3 . Thanks for the help .

Do you able to open radio interface in game? what is your nickname in A3?

Yes i can open radio interface in game and my nickname in A3 is a Roleplay Nickname because i am in the Roleplay Team my Nickname is Jason Bernard

I've been working on a custom radio model from a friend and it uses your radio... problem is that it sits on the ground but doesn't attach and sit on the shoulders. Any help with that?

Does the 3D model have to be at a certain height or is it where it's at, on the "floor" in Object Builder?

Nevermind... got it working, model and texture from Sig [uSMC]

wip312.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Yes i can open radio interface in game and my nickname in A3 is a Roleplay Nickname because i am in the Roleplay Team my Nickname is Jason Bernard

I sent you email, is issue stil actual?

---------- Post added at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

I've been working on a custom radio model from a friend and it uses your radio... problem is that it sits on the ground but doesn't attach and sit on the shoulders. Any help with that?

Does the 3D model have to be at a certain height or is it where it's at, on the "floor" in Object Builder?

It is separate story how to attach model to player and floor.. I don't know any modelling thing, but I know TFAR models had such problems at some moments...

---------- Post added at 07:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

ok all works i change my name and my profile and all work.

happy to hear :)

Hey nkey again. Just a question. When im in a vehicle and look (turn out) outside of it, i cant speak with ppl that are standing beside the vehicle anymore. It worked some times ago? :(

Is there a way to have vas and tfa when i use my vas to load gear my radio wont work :(

Was there ever a fix found for the robotic voice issue that people were getting? I'm having that problem now and can't seem to find the solution.

Edit: A .dll was linked early on that fixed my issue on page 156. I'm unable to link, but otherwise I would.

Thanks!

Edited by FurAirOh

Hey nkey again. Just a question. When im in a vehicle and look (turn out) outside of it, i cant speak with ppl that are standing beside the vehicle anymore. It worked some times ago? :(

Hello.

It should work... Maybe something broken after CBA update... Could you recheck please to be sure?

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Is there a way to have vas and tfa when i use my vas to load gear my radio wont work :(

Could you please explain step by step what are you doing?

On our server, the directional speech works fine, however no one spawns in with radios. When you get your radio out of the VAS box, you can neither pull it up (using Ctrl+P) or change the frequencies on the num-pad. We're running v.0.9.2 and latest version of CBA.

Update: Long Range radios and directional speech both work. The shortwave radios seem to be the only thing having problems. You can place them in your "radio slot", but you cannot pull up the interface, transmit, or change frequencies with it.

Edited by Jig86
update info

Sorry nkey, its CBA fault. Hope they fix it soon.

Another question: what could it be that when: "spawning naked because we can chose from 2 uniforms. Now going to a TFR box but when taking it often disappears." Need to take between 2-5 times a 152 radio until it worked (everytime a message appear "connection to TFR radio" or something like that. This normally appears on mission start if everyone have a radio @ start. Think its not releated to TFR itself, but perhaps you have an idea what this is caused by ;)

Edited by Numrollen

On our server, the directional speech works fine, however no one spawns in with radios. When you get your radio out of the VAS box, you can neither pull it up (using Ctrl+P) or change the frequencies on the num-pad. We're running v.0.9.2 and latest version of CBA.

Update: Long Range radios and directional speech both work. The shortwave radios seem to be the only thing having problems. You can place them in your "radio slot", but you cannot pull up the interface, transmit, or change frequencies with it.

Check server RPT logs for errors.

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Sorry nkey, its CBA fault. Hope they fix it soon.

Another question: what could it be that when: "spawning naked because we can chose from 2 uniforms. Now going to a TFR box but when taking it often disappears." Need to take between 2-5 times a 152 radio until it worked (everytime a message appear "connection to TFR radio" or something like that. This normally appears on mission start if everyone have a radio @ start. Think its not releated to TFR itself, but perhaps you have an idea what this is caused by ;)

Try to get radio into inventory, close inventory and open again.

I use mcc and place a vas box with some other mods but when i load my gear i loose the ability to use the radio still have it on my back but it wont work.