nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I don't know whether this was proposed before, so pardon me if it was.

We're using TFA Radio for a while now on Comrades in Arms, and I really like the additional layer of immersion it adds. Two things, however, bother me.

1. Possibility to ignore qualifier keys.

I use LALT to look around (like most people I guess). If I see something and want to radio that information, I have to release ALT in order to use the radio properly, risking to loose sight of whatever I was looking at. I would love to see a setting in the userconfig file to allow for "Don't care" qualifiers, i.e. something like

class tanget_sw {
   key = 207;
   ctrl = -1;
   shift = -1;
   alt = -1;
};

The '-1' would mean to ignore this qualifier, so that key 207 (I use 'End' since I have programmed my radio keys on mouse buttons) can be used regardless of any other keys, allowing me to look around (or sprint with SHIFT) at the same time as using the radio.

2. Ignoring qualifiers on key up

When I press the radio key to speak, and, while still holding it, come under fire and need to sprint (hence, press SHIFT), as soon as I release the radio key, the radio will continue transmitting. This is because the key-up event that it reads was a SHIFT+<radio key-up> instead of a mere <radio key up>. I think it would be best to always ignore qualifiers on key-up and only check if the key-up even was for the used key.

In any case, thanks for TFA Radio. It's a great addition to the game.

Registered ticket for 0.9.1 (next version is 0.9.0 - 80% ready).

nkey, that never made it in to 0.91 or 0.92, did it? We keep getting people's hot micing all the time...

Any chance you can add Alwarren's suggestion?

Awesome Mod!

Our group has the following challenge.

Some will spawn without a SR radio, when they go to the ammo box and try to get a SR it won't stay in their inventory. The only way to fix this is for them to respawn.

This has only happened since the most recent update.

Any ideas?

Heya nkey,

I searched through the API functions etc. but couldn't find what I was looking for or at least didn't notice it.

I'm sure this has been asked before but 150 pages, y'know.

All I'd like to know is if it's possible to mute all players around the local player or set their volume to 0?

I'm asking because of a small overpressure/earring effect when a grenade explodes nearby.

I'm currently trying to make my missions TFAR-proof by adding the TFAR-variables and -radios to the loadouts. But for that I'd like to have an automatic check if TFAR is running.

Something like

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "acre_main")) then {};

just for TFAR. Does anyone know what I have to change in order to make it look for TFAR?

a) isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio_items")

b) !isNil "TF_ADDON_VERSION" <- not sure if true for A3.

c) isClass (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "tf_anprc148jem")

===

Also, the next version of radio for A2 should come out next week. Among the other changes, support for disabling «serious mode» in coop (non-TvT) games added.

Edited by Levrex

I'm currently trying to make my missions TFAR-proof by adding the TFAR-variables and -radios to the loadouts. But for that I'd like to have an automatic check if TFAR is running.

Something like

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "acre_main")) then {};

just for TFAR. Does anyone know what I have to change in order to make it look for TFAR?

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {};

a) isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio_items")
if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {};

both do the trick, so thanks! :)

Edited by Pergor

nkey, that never made it in to 0.91 or 0.92, did it? We keep getting people's hot micing all the time...

Any chance you can add Alwarren's suggestion?

Will do, will do... It is because some version number were changed..

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Awesome Mod!

Our group has the following challenge.

Some will spawn without a SR radio, when they go to the ammo box and try to get a SR it won't stay in their inventory. The only way to fix this is for them to respawn.

This has only happened since the most recent update.

Any ideas?

Is inventory full loaded?

Getting this error:

Error in expression <;
_request = format["VERSION	%1	%2	%3", TF_ADDON_VERSION, tf_radio_channel_name,>
 Error position: <TF_ADDON_VERSION, tf_radio_channel_name,>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: tf_addon_version
File task_force_radio\functions\fn_sendVersionInfo.sqf, line 21
Error in expression <ss = true;

for: call TFAR_fnc_sendVersionInfo (with the latest version)

Getting this error:

Error in expression <;
_request = format["VERSION	%1	%2	%3", TF_ADDON_VERSION, tf_radio_channel_name,>
 Error position: <TF_ADDON_VERSION, tf_radio_channel_name,>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: tf_addon_version
File task_force_radio\functions\fn_sendVersionInfo.sqf, line 21
Error in expression <ss = true;

for: call TFAR_fnc_sendVersionInfo (with the latest version)

Are you sure yo have server side addon enabled?

This may have already been asked, but do you have any plans to make this compatible with STALKERGB's British Infantry?

This may have already been asked, but do you have any plans to make this compatible with STALKERGB's British Infantry?

What is the issue with mod currently?

Hi Task Force Radio.

Your addon to A2 with current era radio´s is amazing.

A lot of us would really like these for A3 also. Will you please release them for A3 also? :)

Edited by Baagoe

Discovered tonight that by using @TFAR and @jtac_exptoobj you loose the default functionality of short range radios.

Server reports that @TFAR is not deployed on server but it is and Long Range Radios work fine.

Will report at the @JTAC mods page as well.

Hi Task Force Radio.

Your addon to A2 with current era radio´s is amazing.

A lot of us would really like these for A3 also. Will you please release them for A3 also? :)

Will think about it, good idea.

Hi,

I am creating a mission in which one player (IND faction) is "lost" and must find a long range radio on the map in order to communicate with a team of BLUFOR via LR radios.

I have both the WEST and GUER LR codes setup to be the same, and have proven that they can speak to each other if on the same channel; however, if I try to place a LR radio in the map via script (like 'tf_rt1523g' createVehicle getMarkerPos 'LRMarker;), the radio appears, but the frequencies are not the same as the ones set in the editor module.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a way via add a generate a radio via script that contains the correct frequencies (set by the module, or via script, etc.)?

2. Is there a way to give all squad leaders the long range by default (using the automatic setting), but exclude the squad leader (really just a sole player), so that he does not get a LR radio by default? (I'd like him to search for it -- if #1 is possible).

Thanks!

Has anyone experienced the problem where your mic sounds broken and crackled? My mic sound stutters and crackles as if there's a buffer problem, for those familliar with sound recording.

It occurs when I am am connected to a server in Arma 3 and the plugin is activated in teamspeak. Otherwise it sounds fine.

Hey, nkey.

I've got two little questions: Is there a way to enable or disable the function that changes the TeamSpeak-Nicknames into the A3-profile names? In my unit we find it quite confusing, as we're mostly using our first names as a part of our TS nicks. For us it'd be much easier not to have TFAR change our nicks.

And a second one: It seems like the tfar box (with all the radios) is not yet configured according to https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator#Community_Addons, so Zeus can't place the box. Is that so by purpose or is it possible to change that?

If somone knows about task force radio it would be great and much appreciated if u were to help me with this problem ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp not found. this appears on our dedicated server and it would be great if someone could possible join ts3 send me private msg or just ask if willing to help or just post a qomment

Edited by killerss

Has anyone experienced the problem where your mic sounds broken and crackled? My mic sound stutters and crackles as if there's a buffer problem, for those familliar with sound recording.

It occurs when I am am connected to a server in Arma 3 and the plugin is activated in teamspeak. Otherwise it sounds fine.

We've got a guy in our group with this problem as well, he tried a different mic, using onboard sound card instead of installed one, re-installed mod and plugins, and messed with some windows mic settings. No luck in finding a fix, this wasn't an issue before the .9.0 update.

1. Is there a way via add a generate a radio via script that contains the correct frequencies (set by the module, or via script, etc.)?

Via some way or other find a working radio and copy the settings ("radio_settings") from there. Probably the easiest way would be to find a BLUFOR vehicle and copy its (getVariable "driver_radio_settings").

2. Is there a way to give all squad leaders the long range by default (using the automatic setting), but exclude the squad leader (really just a sole player), so that he does not get a LR radio by default? (I'd like him to search for it -- if #1 is possible).

if (count units group player == 1) then {...}

a) tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

b) sleep 10.0; player removeWeapon (secondaryWeapon player); <- unreliable

Feature Request:

Hi Nkey

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I had a quick search and found nothing..

Is there any plans for a mobile/cellphone features?

I love the radios, but there are certain times when playing as a rebel militia or certain RPG game modes that would be better suited/more fun to play with mobile type communications.

Hi,

I am creating a mission in which one player (IND faction) is "lost" and must find a long range radio on the map in order to communicate with a team of BLUFOR via LR radios.

I have both the WEST and GUER LR codes setup to be the same, and have proven that they can speak to each other if on the same channel; however, if I try to place a LR radio in the map via script (like 'tf_rt1523g' createVehicle getMarkerPos 'LRMarker;), the radio appears, but the frequencies are not the same as the ones set in the editor module.

I have two questions:

Thanks!

Hello.

1) Try to put not IND radio instead of BLUEFOR.

2) You can add script to init.sqf to set automatic radio flag to false only for one player.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Is it possible to contact him? Have he tried to play with audio settings? (maybe stereo mic)

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Hey, nkey.

I've got two little questions: Is there a way to enable or disable the function that changes the TeamSpeak-Nicknames into the A3-profile names? In my unit we find it quite confusing, as we're mostly using our first names as a part of our TS nicks. For us it'd be much easier not to have TFAR change our nicks.

And a second one: It seems like the tfar box (with all the radios) is not yet configured according to https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator#Community_Addons, so Zeus can't place the box. Is that so by purpose or is it possible to change that?

1) Not possible, because TFAR uses TS names to match players with TS users.,

2) Wil do

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

We've got a guy in our group with this problem as well, he tried a different mic, using onboard sound card instead of installed one, re-installed mod and plugins, and messed with some windows mic settings. No luck in finding a fix, this wasn't an issue before the .9.0 update.

Is it possible to contact him?

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Feature Request:

Hi Nkey

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I had a quick search and found nothing..

Is there any plans for a mobile/cellphone features?

I love the radios, but there are certain times when playing as a rebel militia or certain RPG game modes that would be better suited/more fun to play with mobile type communications.

Not planned currently, maybe in future.

is it possible to contact him? Have he tried to play with audio settings? (maybe stereo mic)

I have tried changing audio settings, but there aren't a lot of things to change. I reinstalled my audio driver and the mod, but no luck.

The problem starts occuring when I spawn into an Arma 3 mission. I can hear it in the sound test in Teamspeak.

I am using an internal sound card btw.