nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Are you sure you use exact same mods as your other teammates?

Yes, I use the same version, we have a repository we use and all of my files come from there.

Do you see anything in my .RPT that looks weird?

Is it possible that TFR gets direct chat sound depending on 3D position of unit and volume by distance and how close he is? I dont realy enjoj having this Wisper Normal and Yelling thing it is not imersive at all, and the sounds are same even if your friendly is on left or right or back no diference rather if u are on yelling you will hear it on bigger range

I've been getting that robotic/crackly voice thing when I load ingame with my TFAR plugin enabled. Any suggestions?

Try to switch to 44100Khz\16bit

I have exactly the same problem

I have Tried to switch to 44100Khz\16bit in the realtec driver but same problem

I can't play with my friends :confused: (it's horrific)

Windows 7 64bits TS 3.0.14 plugin 0.9.2 (Realtek HD audio driver 6.0.1.6194)

I play task force radio since multiples mounts without any problem (this problem appear since 1 weeks)

nothing change in my configuration

I use Playwithsix for update

Edited by gonza

Yes, I use the same version, we have a repository we use and all of my files come from there.

Do you see anything in my .RPT that looks weird?

RPT looks fine..

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Is it possible that TFR gets direct chat sound depending on 3D position of unit and volume by distance and how close he is? I dont realy enjoj having this Wisper Normal and Yelling thing it is not imersive at all, and the sounds are same even if your friendly is on left or right or back no diference rather if u are on yelling you will hear it on bigger range

So, 3D sound not works for you? Or you just don't like Wisper and Yelling? I have plan to add some effect for them.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

I have exactly the same problem

I have Tried to switch to 44100Khz\16bit in the realtec driver but same problem

I can't play with my friends :confused: (it's horrific)

Windows 7 64bits TS 3.0.14 plugin 0.9.2 (Realtek HD audio driver 6.0.1.6194)

I play task force radio since multiples mounts without any problem (this problem appear since 1 weeks)

nothing change in my configuration

I use Playwithsix for update

How many channels you mic have? Maybe 2?

RPT looks fine..

Ok, I am at a loss, I did a full uninstall and then reinstalled everything, it is still giving me the error. I can sometimes get the radio to work ever with the error but I can never get into a vehicle. I am at my wits end with this. Any suggestions or anything else I can try??

Thank you again for your help

How many channels you mic have? Maybe 2?

it's a simple mic but without TFR the sound is good.

--> micro-sur-socle-pour-pc-ordinateur-microphone-877155403_ML.jpg

Edited by gonza

Is anyone else having issues with TFAR not assigning a radio ID to the radios when picking them up? I looked around but can't find anything on it. Sorry is this has already been answered but i couldn't find a thread.

Is anyone else having issues with TFAR not assigning a radio ID to the radios when picking them up? I looked around but can't find anything on it. Sorry is this has already been answered but i couldn't find a thread.

Check your RTP logs files for errors.

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

Is it possible to meet your in TS somehow?

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

RPT looks fine..

Ok, I am at a loss, I did a full uninstall and then reinstalled everything, it is still giving me the error. I can sometimes get the radio to work ever with the error but I can never get into a vehicle. I am at my wits end with this. Any suggestions or anything else I can try??

Thank you again for your help

Check email.

Really enjoying the stability that TFR offers so thanks for that.

I am currently trying to work out how to decrease the range that the sound of direct chat travels and along with how quickly someones voice will start to fade. I have been looking at the documentation but the changes I've made so far haven't given me the desired effect.

So how do I go about achieving this?

Thanks

Really enjoying the stability that TFR offers so thanks for that.

I am currently trying to work out how to decrease the range that the sound of direct chat travels and along with how quickly someones voice will start to fade. I have been looking at the documentation but the changes I've made so far haven't given me the desired effect.

So how do I go about achieving this?

Thanks

it is not easy, what exactly you want to do?

it is not easy, what exactly you want to do?

Basically when arguments pop up regarding ACRE & TFR one thing that always gets mentioned is the distance that direct chat travels, personally I think its fine but for those complaining I am trying to find middle ground. People say that the fade sound should come a lot sooner when talking normally.

Whispering = < 1 metre

Normal = 10 metres with fading starting at around 8 metres

Yelling = 18 metres with fading starting at around 15 metres

Basically when arguments pop up regarding ACRE & TFR one thing that always gets mentioned is the distance that direct chat travels, personally I think its fine but for those complaining I am trying to find middle ground. People say that the fade sound should come a lot sooner when talking normally.

Whispering = < 1 metre

Normal = 10 metres with fading starting at around 8 metres

Yelling = 18 metres with fading starting at around 15 metres

You will need to monitor TF_speak_volume_meters variable (for example, every second) and change its value from 5 to 1, from 20 to 8, from 60 to 15.

It's a bit annoying that i have Default rt radio after i respawned

What i mean is

1. I save loadout in VAS and set 'load on respawn' with my own setting

2. died, respawn and automatically my ruck changed to RT radio

How can i not take Default RT radio after i respawn?

if there is some script to prvent this happening i would like to know how to do that and i would be really appreciate

It's a bit annoying that i have Default rt radio after i respawned

What i mean is

1. I save loadout in VAS and set 'load on respawn' with my own setting

2. died, respawn and automatically my ruck changed to RT radio

How can i not take Default RT radio after i respawn?

if there is some script to prvent this happening i would like to know how to do that and i would be really appreciate

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1 in server userconfig or tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true in init.sqf

Hello TFAR team,

first of all thank you for your work on this addon. I have three points to raise about your addon:

1. Do you have plans on rebroadcast functionality? We run large operations with about 80 players. Quite often we are out of range even for vehicle radios because our various combat elements operate far away from each other and also shape of terrain doesn't help. For now our signallers act as relay stations to help communicate between front elements and support, but it would be nice to see such rebroadcast in use.

I'm referring to things like this or that.

2. When two stations are out of range, but trying to communicate to each other, there is no indication that anyone is transmitting, not even pure static.

3. I hear often complains from troops about range of local 3D voice, that drops too quickly. Are you going to adjust that?

2. When two stations are out of range, but trying to communicate to each other, there is no indication that anyone is transmitting, not even pure static.

That is because you aren't getting a signal... Because you are out of range... After a certain level in signal the radio is no longer sensitive enough to distinguish between background noise and a legitimate signal, hence the radio will not trip it's squelch and allow sound out. Hearing pure static only occurs on radios where there is no squelch system (a lot of car radios are like that, at least older ones).

has anyone encountered issues with there game freezing after installing this mod? namely when they try to host servers. I installed this mod because my group uses it, but every time i tried to host a server, it would freeze Arma 3. Also my TS plugins could not pickup the TFR plugin in the folder. I removed the mod completely, and I was able to host games normally. Any ideas what would cause this?

*edit* TS plugin works now, but Arma 3 freezes when i host games. Only when this mod is installed.

Edited by Fubar5812

Hello TFAR team,

first of all thank you for your work on this addon. I have three points to raise about your addon:

1. Do you have plans on rebroadcast functionality? We run large operations with about 80 players. Quite often we are out of range even for vehicle radios because our various combat elements operate far away from each other and also shape of terrain doesn't help. For now our signallers act as relay stations to help communicate between front elements and support, but it would be nice to see such rebroadcast in use.

I'm referring to things like this or that.

3. I hear often complains from troops about range of local 3D voice, that drops too quickly. Are you going to adjust that?

rebroadcast is planned, and yes, I have plan to do some work this local voice.

That is because you aren't getting a signal... Because you are out of range... After a certain level in signal the radio is no longer sensitive enough to distinguish between background noise and a legitimate signal, hence the radio will not trip it's squelch and allow sound out. Hearing pure static only occurs on radios where there is no squelch system (a lot of car radios are like that, at least older ones).

Thanks for explanation. I guessed TFR works like in real life.

rebroadcast is planned, and yes, I have plan to do some work this local voice.

Thanks for answers!

has anyone encountered issues with there game freezing after installing this mod? namely when they try to host servers. I installed this mod because my group uses it, but every time i tried to host a server, it would freeze Arma 3. Also my TS plugins could not pickup the TFR plugin in the folder. I removed the mod completely, and I was able to host games normally. Any ideas what would cause this?

*edit* TS plugin works now, but Arma 3 freezes when i host games. Only when this mod is installed.

Even before mission start?

yes. As soon as i click "ok" after setting game room name/password arma 3 freezes. I'm able to join MP games fine, but as soon as i try to host..game freezes up. Its only this mod that is causing it and i am completely baffled as to why.

Edited by Fubar5812

I was wandering if you guys could put in a interaction on the radios when there on a players back to use them like in ACRE?

yes. As soon as i click "ok" after setting game room name/password arma 3 freezes. I'm able to join MP games fine, but as soon as i try to host..game freezes up. Its only this mod that is causing it and i am completely baffled as to why.

Is game freezes without TS enabled?

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

I was wandering if you guys could put in a interaction on the radios when there on a players back to use them like in ACRE?

Yes, have such plan.

I'm sorry, but if in client side also without @ACE the mod works in some way (with some error spoiler messages), by server side this mod @TFAR_CO without @ACE is really complicate to manage and better to avoid it.

Would be better (In my huble opinion of course) to disconnect TFAR from ACE.