nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hi

Is there any chance you could add long range support to this vehicle mod in a future release?

Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD

Ok, will do.

Just a thought, in addition to adding popular vehicles manually, how about moving that definition of what vehicle type has a build in radio to the userconfig (to be processed and pushed to the clients by the server)?

Good idea.

It would be great if the end user could do that himself.

Great addon, btw. Thanks for sharing and your dedicated support :)

Cheers,

D.

I tried to convince my clan to ditch ACRE and move to TFAR but they said TFAR is limited when playing with a big group with Command, CAS, etc and when having to speak on 3 or more radios at the same time.

Is this still true or has this been fixed in 0.9.1/0.8.3?

You able to use up to 2 long range and unlimited number of personal radios at the same time. Also, some radios are multiband (2 channels and 2 tangents). Keys to switch radios are available. So, ACRE here is more limited in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Good idea.

It would be great if the end user could do that himself.

Great addon, btw. Thanks for sharing and your dedicated support :)

Cheers,

D.

Currently it is possible to add radio to vehicle via scripting API.

Hi nKey, thanks for TFAR. MSOG is enjoying it quite a bit, particularly with the improvements in the most recent major release.

You able to use up to 2 long range and unlimited number of personal radios at the same time. Also, some radios are multiband (2 channels and 2 tangents). Keys to switch radios are available. So, ACRE here is more limited in my opinion.

I haven't been able to find out from the documentation (though perhaps I am looking in the wrong place) how to be able to hear traffic on multiple long range frequencies at the same time. Can you tell me how (or if) this can be done or point me to where this information is available?

I haven't been able to find out from the documentation (though perhaps I am looking in the wrong place) how to be able to hear traffic on multiple long range frequencies at the same time. Can you tell me how (or if) this can be done or point me to where this information is available?

Quick video on this topic

I'm going to try this mod for an ArmAII OA coop.

but first I've to ask you if I have to set some code into the editor for the unit that has the radio, and for the vehicle too.

I'm going to try this mod for an ArmAII OA coop.

but first I've to ask you if I have to set some code into the editor for the unit that has the radio, and for the vehicle too.

Nope, just start and play (all configuration is optional).

I've installed it, and at start it says:

Addon "task_force_ace_radios" requires addon "ace_sys_ruck"

I'm trying this mod with another mod (iron front)

I've installed it, and at start it says:

Addon "task_force_ace_radios" requires addon "ace_sys_ruck"

I'm trying this mod with another mod (iron front)

Very strange.. Maybe you trying to start Arma 2 version on Arma 3?

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Hi

Is there any chance you could add long range support to this vehicle mod in a future release?

Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD

But it is already works -

no no, this is impossible.

I use TFAR both on Arma2 and arma3 now.

My procedure was:

extracting all the files and folders into the folder of A2 arrowhead in c:bla bla bla

then taking out from the folder @TFAR_CO the "Keys" and "userconfig" to the main folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead"

the files of ts3 was ok coz them were the same of the tfar for arma3.

of course i've added also the @TFAR_CO to the icon of the game (steam).

PS: little bug: when in game if I open the radio i see it from back, and pushing the channels (1 to 9) it select upside down: pushing 9 is the channel 1, and pushing 1 is the channel 9

no no, this is impossible.

I use TFAR both on Arma2 and arma3 now.

My procedure was:

extracting all the files and folders into the folder of A2 arrowhead in c:bla bla bla

then taking out from the folder @TFAR_CO the "Keys" and "userconfig" to the main folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead"

the files of ts3 was ok coz them were the same of the tfar for arma3.

of course i've added also the @TFAR_CO to the icon of the game (steam).

PS: little bug: when in game if I open the radio i see it from back, and pushing the channels (1 to 9) it select upside down: pushing 9 is the channel 1, and pushing 1 is the channel 9

Probably you need ACE.

Also, it is not "back" of radio, it is probably rifleman radio.

yes, it is a rifleman radio, not the big one.

btw, even if this line is:

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0; // Выдавать ли проÑтым Ñолдатам рацию Ñ Ð½Ð°Ñтраиваемыми чаÑтотами? ЗначениÑ: 0, 1. / Should we give configurable radios to regular soldiers?

every soldier has this little radio

PS: I'm trying to download ACE for OA now

I'll give you a feedback soon

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Installed the ACE on arma2 OA.

It changed me a lot of graphical things, but in any case seems it works (TFAR I mean).

The ACE was essential cause the skin of the big radio is a rucksack of the ACE mod.

now 2 question: can I change this skin with another one?

Can I change the role of the radioman from the captain (in automatic was given that role to him)?

But it is already works -

Oh - I'll try again. For me it didn't work, and as I recall, none of my teammates got it working either. I'll re-test tonight.

I'm sorry nkey, the mod works well, but seems it works only with the ACE mod that is completely destructive for other mods, because it changes many skins and many things.

There is any way to avoid the use of ACE?

I'm very sorry if I'm annoying you with such questions

Oh - I'll try again. For me it didn't work, and as I recall, none of my teammates got it working either. I'll re-test tonight.

Regarding Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD

So, I re-tested in editor. I spawn in with my guy, carrying a LR on my back - this LR is working. I drop this on the ground, just so it won't interfer, go into one of the DAR Humvees, and I get no LR-radio. :) Could it be something happened with latest patch?

Tried with LR inside a Hunter, and that one is working fine.

Regarding Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD

So, I re-tested in editor. I spawn in with my guy, carrying a LR on my back - this LR is working. I drop this on the ground, just so it won't interfer, go into one of the DAR Humvees, and I get no LR-radio. :) Could it be something happened with latest patch?

Tried with LR inside a Hunter, and that one is working fine.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178191-Up-Armored-HMMWV-Modification-Release&p=2704032&viewfull=1#post2704032

For anyone a bit confused on how to setup alternate and primary frequencies, and how to operate them simultaneously watch this video: http://youtu.be/PCSqqLajFYU

Nkey, is there any way to get a small notification as to what radio is receiving a transmission? Similar to how you have a transmitting notification; just in reverse - a receiving notification.

Transmission Receiving...

with RT-1523G (ASIP)

on XXX.XXX frequency

New mod v1.0 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tfar_co_a2.png

@ [TF]Nkey & Levrex;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

For anyone a bit confused on how to setup alternate and primary frequencies, and how to operate them simultaneously watch this video: http://youtu.be/PCSqqLajFYU

Nkey, is there any way to get a small notification as to what radio is receiving a transmission? Similar to how you have a transmitting notification; just in reverse - a receiving notification.

Transmission Receiving...

with RT-1523G (ASIP)

on XXX.XXX frequency

I was thinking about it but it may be annoying for users.. Also, it is unclear how show multiple receiving it the same time. So, not sure here.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

I'm sorry nkey, the mod works well, but seems it works only with the ACE mod that is completely destructive for other mods, because it changes many skins and many things.

There is any way to avoid the use of ACE?

I'm very sorry if I'm annoying you with such questions

Having @ACE addon is very preferable, otherwise you will encounter different errors. You can play without it, though, but make sure to delete task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign then.

Regadning tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0 : change the value to 1 if you want to see configurable radios, then launch ArmA again.

as I told you, I tried with @ACE mod, and everything works fine. But the problem is the different skins changed by the ACE mod (that on a WWII mod could be very odd).

Deleting task_force_ace_radios.pbo and .bisign, or deactivating @ACE (or both) I've some messages of errors, but in any case seems the mod works aswell. In counterpart the skin of the big radio (as a rucksac) on the infantryman isnt loadable and it appear white/black.

Regadning tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0 : change the value to 1 if you want to see configurable radios, then launch ArmA again.

just tried this too...seems nothing changes

I was thinking about it but it may be annoying for users.. Also, it is unclear how show multiple receiving it the same time. So, not sure here.

Different box dialogues for different radio types. Check your PM box for further and a diagram.

I am unable to get the plugin to show in my Teamspeak\settings\plugin window.

Teamspeak version is 3.014

On Windows 8-64 bit

I have the following files/folder installed

e:\Apps\Teamspeak\plugins\radio-sounds\

e:\Apps\Teamspeak\plugins\task_force_radio_win32.dll

e:\Apps\Teamspeak\plugins\task_force_radio_win64.dll

• Restarted teamspeak several times
  • Reload All several times
  • Running teamspeak with full admin priviliges
  • Downloaded/ reinstalled the plugins several times
  • tried running without the 32 bit dll
  • Also tried with the pre .014 pack
  • removed all other plugins incase they we causing issues

Nobody else in the community has this issue on our TS server, so this is a clientside issue, i just cant fathom out what the problem is.

I am running under full TS admin rights

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Edited by Terox

I am unable to get the plugin to show in my Teamspeak\settings\plugin window.

Teamspeak version is 3.014

On Windows 8-64 bit

I have the following files/folder installed

e:\Apps\Teamspeak\plugins\radio-sounds\

e:\Apps\Teamspeak\plugins\task_force_radio_win32.dll

e:\Apps\Teamspeak\plugins\task_force_radio_win64.dll

• Restarted teamspeak several times
  • Reload All several times
  • Running teamspeak with full admin priviliges
  • Downloaded/ reinstalled the plugins several times
  • tried running without the 32 bit dll
  • Also tried with the pre .014 pack
  • removed all other plugins incase they we causing issues

Nobody else in the community has this issue on our TS server, so this is a clientside issue, i just cant fathom out what the problem is.

I am running under full TS admin rights

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Maybe you have few installations of TS and copying files into another one?

I've been getting that robotic/crackly voice thing when I load ingame with my TFAR plugin enabled. Any suggestions?