nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Weird my unit just played for 4 hours with it and had no problems as you described. Try a fresh TFAR and TS3 plugin install.

Yep, tried that. The only thing that might be the issue is that I am running a ARMA 3 Linux dedicated server. But it kinda works, which is wierd?

@nkey THANK YOU! I just noticed that my DS didn't have curator running! Now everything works! :D

If someone has the same problem as me your server is either not runing -mod=Curator or dosen't have it on server simply upload Curator folder from your arma 3 directory to the server and run it with -mod=Curator;@task_force_radio.

@nkey THANK YOU! I just noticed that my DS didn't have curator running! Now everything works! :D

If someone has the same problem as me your server is either not runing -mod=Curator or dosen't have it on server simply upload Curator folder from your arma 3 directory to the server and run it with -mod=Curator;@task_force_radio.

I already had Curator running as it is default in Linux dedi server. I have both cba_a3 and TFAR running as still same problem where LR works fine and SR doesn't. Very weird?

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

missionNamespace setVariable [_variableName, nil];

};

};

} count _allU>

2:47:44 Error position: <_variableName, nil];

};

};

} count _allU>

2:47:44 Error Undefined variable in expression: _variablename

2:47:44 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 106

2:47:44 Error in expression <request = missionNamespace getVariable (_variableName);

if !(isNil "_radio_reque>

2:47:44 Error position: <_variableName);

2:47:44 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 51

I keep getting a lot of errors like this too?

nkey, still no way to use the radio while in Zeus?

If Zeus is player - it is possible to use radio....

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

I remeber that we can set and change TFAR radio trasmitting to half - way, if this is available it would be really appreiciate if anyone let me know how to do that.

So, you want to change radio range?

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 0.5]

(for each player)

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Nkey, thanks for your help so far! I've taken all your advice and everything is working well although I've run into 1 problem. Both sides (Blufor/OPFOR) have small range radios (2km) but the freqs on each channel are not matching up and the guys can't fix it like they could with the medium range radios.

How do I make it so these radios all share the same frequencies on each channel?

Thanks!

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {
   tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
   publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
   tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
   publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
   tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
   publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
   _settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
   tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
    _settingsLrWest set [2, ["30","41","42","43","44","45","46","47","48"]];
    tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

};

And the same this for tf_freq_east and tf_freq_east_lr (check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki)

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

I already had Curator running as it is default in Linux dedi server. I have both cba_a3 and TFAR running as still same problem where LR works fine and SR doesn't. Very weird?

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

missionNamespace setVariable [_variableName, nil];

};

};

} count _allU>

2:47:44 Error position: <_variableName, nil];

};

};

} count _allU>

2:47:44 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 106

2:47:44 Error in expression <request = missionNamespace getVariable (_variableName);

2:47:44 Error position: <_variableName);

2:47:44 File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 51

I keep getting a lot of errors like this too?

Check few post before - one is about same error.

Edited by nkey

Thanks for your concern but the thing what i want was to change transmitting methood, we are still transmitting simutaniously with both two radio(not just two but all) , and i remeber that you will change tfar in to half-way transmitting, i just curios that is it available to change this in simple way by module or script

in short i want to make tfar like acre in transmitting radio traffic

i actually argue about this about 40 pages ago

Edited by kgino1045

If Zeus is player - it is possible to use radio....

When I'm a player, and I go into the zeus mode, I cannot transmit. Seems as if you cannot transmit when in the Zeus mode as a player - thats what I was asking about.

Moreover, in the Enforce Usage module, the terrain interception coefficient is default at 7. Can you explain the terrain interception coefficient so I can better understand how to tweak the number?

When I'm a player, and I go into the zeus mode, I cannot transmit. Seems as if you cannot transmit when in the Zeus mode as a player - thats what I was asking about.

Moreover, in the Enforce Usage module, the terrain interception coefficient is default at 7. Can you explain the terrain interception coefficient so I can better understand how to tweak the number?

One way around this, is if you have a mission where Zeus is tied to a player, you can still use that unit's radio when you're not in the Zeus interface. This is what I ended up doing for my Zeus missions, along with a second instance of Teamspeak running so that I can still hear my players no matter if they're using radios or not.

Thanks for your concern but the thing what i want was to change transmitting methood, we are still transmitting simutaniously with both two radio(not just two but all) , and i remeber that you will change tfar in to half-way transmitting, i just curios that is it available to change this in simple way by module or script

in short i want to make tfar like acre in transmitting radio traffic

i actually argue about this about 40 pages ago

Currently it is not possible yet..

Iam using zeus too. My workaround is:

1. Use zeus as player

2. As player you can transmit. To longrangetransmit in zeusmode you have to transmit and press the zeus-key during the transmission.

3. Now you can use your push-to-talk Button to transmit.

To hear the transmissions from players in zeus, iam using a second Teamspeak account over iPad.

hi nkey

after hours of testing now I'm sure if I use this mod crash will be happened, if you are interested I can give you more crash files produced.

thanks

hi nkey

after hours of testing now I'm sure if I use this mod crash will be happened, if you are interested I can give you more crash files produced.

thanks

Hello.

Thanks for your work. Do you have test only with TFAR or with set of other modes? Is it possible to find collusion of which mode with TFAR cause your arma to crash?

Don´t know if that has been asked before.

Does anyone know how to start a mission with always the same frequencies? When we start a mission we always have different frequencies than before.

Best regards

Kai

I encountered crash with set of modes include TFAR and as I deselected it only form the list, no crash happened after hours of playing, my current mods:

@cba_a3

@tacbf

@TFAR

Don´t know if that has been asked before.

Does anyone know how to start a mission with always the same frequencies? When we start a mission we always have different frequencies than before.

Best regards

Kai

Check few post before for the script.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

I encountered crash with set of modes include TFAR and as I deselected it only form the list, no crash happened after hours of playing, my current mods:

@cba_a3

@tacbf

@TFAR

Thanks, also update your ticket at arma tracker.

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;

publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;

_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];

tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;

_settingsLrWest set [2, ["30","41","42","43","44","45","46","47","48"]];

tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

};

Thanks, found the script but don´t know what to do with it?? This include in the init.sqf and the rest in common.sqf or what?

Best regards

Kai

Thanks, found the script but don´t know what to do with it?? This include in the init.sqf and the rest in common.sqf or what?

Best regards

Kai

Just include in init.sqf

Sry but that doesn´t work. Frequencies are still random.

Okay.. works now. Had to put this before all other entries in the init.sqf

Thanks a lot

Edited by CommanderX

With thanks to

Levrex, [-SF-] SigiL, q1184, Rocko, Evil Echo and tcp: port of TFAR for Arma 2! (alpha) :)

It could be a good idea to make an editor module like "requires Task Force Radio" with an option "Same frequencies on all radio for BluFor/OpFor" and with frequencies?

Best regards

Kai

Quick question:

If we use the TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 1

Will that give the fadak for example to all our CSAT units, or will it not be given to leaders?

And if group leaders don't get one, how will they communicate with their group?

We tried setting 0 for this API yesterday, but it ended up not replacing Vanilla radios at all, so we had to linkItem with debug for the session.

We want all units to have the regular (ie Fadak) radio, including group leaders.

Recommendations? Thoughts?

Quick question:

If we use the TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 1

Will that give the fadak for example to all our CSAT units, or will it not be given to leaders?

And if group leaders don't get one, how will they communicate with their group?

We tried setting 0 for this API yesterday, but it ended up not replacing Vanilla radios at all, so we had to linkItem with debug for the session.

We want all units to have the regular (ie Fadak) radio, including group leaders.

Recommendations? Thoughts?

Yes, just set it to 1 to give personal radios (fadaks, 152, 148) for everyone.

:) You must be the most dedicated person I know, you're just right on it right away. I like it! Thank you.

I tried to convince my clan to ditch ACRE and move to TFAR but they said TFAR is limited when playing with a big group with Command, CAS, etc and when having to speak on 3 or more radios at the same time.

Is this still true or has this been fixed in 0.9.1/0.8.3?