nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

That is easy right? The 'Zeus dude' simple disables the radio plugin. Voila! :)

Deactivating the plugin is bugging for me, not deactivate. =(

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Hi masters of Task Force, first, Fantastic mod, we love it.

But I have a question, It's possible a unit incorporated by Zeus to use the 3D speaking correctly?

Best regards

But I have a question, It's possible a unit incorporated by Zeus to use the 3D speaking correctly?

Best regards

Not yet, I hope it will possible in future.

Just an idea: Playing on night with some friends, I was being a solo sniper sent out to the front before the others. Even on LR it was impossible for us to keep contact; the distance was to far. Now, I don't want to change the distance interference in any way, but what about f.ex being able to insert radio towers on the map, functioning as repeaters? This could be done in the editor, or maybe even have mobile repeaters stationed around the map.

And to take it even further; incorperating these as military targets for other mods like MCC and ALiVE *drool*.

Note: this was on Takistan. I was almost as far north as I could go, while the rest was down south. We're currently trying to figure out a way to keep contact over these distances; initial suggestion is using radio clicks, as it seems like those can be heard over this distance.

Hi nkey & team,

Been playing with the excellent new version of TFAR yesterday and was wondering if you could add an effect to the whisper and shout direct talk modes so that they are audibly distinguishable. Getting these situations where someone further away is shouting, but since I did not realize that its been the person further away and it just sounds like someone talking normally, I replied talking normally, obviously with the effect of a breakdown in communication because the other person wasn't able to hear me. Similarly if I want to say something for example privately to the guy sitting next to me and I whisper, he is unable to tell that I was whispering and replies normally and people around us are able to hear his reply. At the moment you would have to start your conversations with "I am shouting/whispering, listen ..." to get around this or do some voice acting (easily done for whispering, not so easy for shouting).

Just a thought :) Again, thanks so much for this mod, its easily the biggest boost to immersion in ArmA3 from a single mod!

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Just an idea: Playing on night with some friends, I was being a solo sniper sent out to the front before the others. Even on LR it was impossible for us to keep contact; the distance was to far. Now, I don't want to change the distance interference in any way, but what about f.ex being able to insert radio towers on the map, functioning as repeaters? This could be done in the editor, or maybe even have mobile repeaters stationed around the map.

And to take it even further; incorperating these as military targets for other mods like MCC and ALiVE *drool*.

Love the idea!
Note: this was on Takistan. I was almost as far north as I could go, while the rest was down south. We're currently trying to figure out a way to keep contact over these distances; initial suggestion is using radio clicks, as it seems like those can be heard over this distance.
You could currently deploy an air asset to relay messages, these have vastly superior radios and are less likely to be obstructed terrain.

Hello.

Yes, I have plan to add retransmit towers in future.

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Hi nkey & team,

Been playing with the excellent new version of TFAR yesterday and was wondering if you could add an effect to the whisper and shout direct talk modes so that they are audibly distinguishable. Getting these situations where someone further away is shouting, but since I did not realize that its been the person further away and it just sounds like someone talking normally, I replied talking normally, obviously with the effect of a breakdown in communication because the other person wasn't able to hear me. Similarly if I want to say something for example privately to the guy sitting next to me and I whisper, he is unable to tell that I was whispering and replies normally and people around us are able to hear his reply. At the moment you would have to start your conversations with "I am shouting/whispering, listen ..." to get around this or do some voice acting (easily done for whispering, not so easy for shouting).

Just a thought :) Again, thanks so much for this mod, its easily the biggest boost to immersion in ArmA3 from a single mod!

Good idea, will think about that.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Please check wonderful C-L-F radios for TFAR - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176591-C-L-F-Mods-Additional-backpacks-radios

Yes,

I simply will say thank you nkey! We are very happy to use TFAR and playing with that Addon makes Arma much better! Thanks for making this happen.

Yes,

I simply will say thank you nkey! We are very happy to use TFAR and playing with that Addon makes Arma much better! Thanks for making this happen.

Thanks you too, but don't forget about contributors - they made huge part of work :)

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

C-L-F backpack link updated: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177417-C-L-F-Mods-Additional-backpacks-radios-for-TFAR

If my radio is in channel 1 and another person changes HIS channel of the same radio type, my channel is changed to HIS one too.

Feature, or bug?

And another question:

We tested the mod on our server, but haven't found a way to transmit over 5km, even with the long range radios.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do that?

Edited by RedPhoenix

Hi nkey,

The changelog for 0.9.1 lists the following:

• Support for rifleman radios property in userconfig

When I look at the radio_keys.hpp on your website, it contains the following settings:

class task_force_radio_settings {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0;
};

Shouldn't it look like this (taken from GitHub)?

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;
};

Hi nkey,

When I look at the radio_keys.hpp on your website, it contains the following settings:

};

};

I was wondering the same. Moreover, are we not suppose yet to be able to change all rifleman radios with SW radios?

Edited by Variable

If my radio is in channel 1 and another person changes HIS channel of the same radio type, my channel is changed to HIS one too.

Feature, or bug?

And another question:

We tested the mod on our server, but haven't found a way to transmit over 5km, even with the long range radios.

Are you on opposite sides of a hill. They have added a terrain interference function that will block the radio if in valleys, etc. Test when in line of sight (top of hills)

Are you on opposite sides of a hill. They have added a terrain interference function that will block the radio if in valleys, etc. Test when in line of sight (top of hills)

Tested it when flying helicopters too, no change.

It is all managed by PWS guys, lets wait for some response from them (maybe they will able to create separated version for old TS).

Has anyone from PWS acknowledged this problem or is it still unknown to them? I am asking if I need to go straight to those guys for support.

Hi, could anyone tell me please how to set different channels for different units? For ex.: i have 3 teams - S1, S2 ,S3 and i want to S1 when they spawn to be in CH1, S2 when they spawn in CH2 and S3 in CH3. I can setup frequencies in modules, but i dont know how to do this. Thx for help.

Feature, or bug?

And another question:

It is because duplicate radio ID problem (probably because of VAS loadouts).

Have you tried to transmit from the top of big hill?

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Hi nkey,

};

};

Yes, you could replace by version from github. I'll update release package.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

I was wondering the same. Moreover, are we not suppose yet to be able to change all rifleman radios with SW radios?

User version from github - property should should work.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Tested it when flying helicopters too, no change.

Are you sure you use LR radio in helicopters? Because it should transmit for 40 km....

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Hi, could anyone tell me please how to set different channels for different units? For ex.: i have 3 teams - S1, S2 ,S3 and i want to S1 when they spawn to be in CH1, S2 when they spawn in CH2 and S3 in CH3. I can setup frequencies in modules, but i dont know how to do this. Thx for help.

Group you team into groups in editor. Use frequency module to specify freqs. Also, connect (sync) each frequency module to the leader of each group.

Group you team into groups in editor. Use frequency module to specify freqs. Also, connect (sync) each frequency module to the leader of each group.

I dont think you understood me. What i meant was, that after someone connects to, for ex:. to S2 team they wont need to click on their num. pad to number 2 to switch in channel 2, they will be there by default.

btw i know how to set the frequencies, but even if i set them differently, channel 1 will be still default when they spawn into game and i dont want that. Thx

It is because duplicate radio ID problem (probably because of VAS loadouts).

Have you tried to transmit from the top of big hill?

Are you sure you use LR radio in helicopters? Because it should transmit for 40 km....

Yes, we did try. And thanks for the tip of duplicated IDs. We should be able to fix that.

Yes, we were using PRC-155 and RT-1523G for the tests, and the quality dropped rapidly regarding the distance. (No transmission received when further away than 6km).

And the small handhelds were dropping after 1.5km.

Oh, and by the way: We were testing on a dedicated. Could that be the problem?

Edited by RedPhoenix

I dont think you understood me. What i meant was, that after someone connects to, for ex:. to S2 team they wont need to click on their num. pad to number 2 to switch in channel 2, they will be there by default.

btw i know how to set the frequencies, but even if i set them differently, channel 1 will be still default when they spawn into game and i dont want that. Thx

No way to change default channel without scripting for now...

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Yes, we did try. And thanks for the tip of duplicated IDs. We should be able to fix that.

Yes, we were using PRC-155 and RT-1523G for the tests, and the quality dropped rapidly regarding the distance. (No transmission received when further away than 6km).

And the small handhelds were dropping after 1.5km.

Oh, and by the way: We were testing on a dedicated. Could that be the problem?

On which map? Altis? Probably because of mountains... I'll check that.

On which map? Altis? Probably because of mountains... I'll check that.

Yup, Altis.

Yup, Altis.

You can play with it in editor.

Place 2 soldiers in editor - one is player, set name "b" for second.

After it, calculate effective distance in watch window (ESC) using:

(b distance player) + (b call TFAR_fnc_calcTerrainInterception) * TF_terrain_interception_coefficient + (b call TFAR_fnc_calcTerrainInterception) * TF_terrain_interception_coefficient * ((b distance player) / 2000.0)

You can play with it in editor.

Place 2 soldiers in editor - one is player, set name "b" for second.

After it, calculate effective distance in watch window (ESC) using:

(b distance player) + (b call TFAR_fnc_calcTerrainInterception) * TF_terrain_interception_coefficient + (b call TFAR_fnc_calcTerrainInterception) * TF_terrain_interception_coefficient * ((b distance player) / 2000.0)

Thanks, will do.

Any way to edit this equation on the fly?

Thanks, will do.

Any way to edit this equation on the fly?

What are you mean about "on the fly"?

TFAR support talking via controled AI with zeus?

TFAR support talking via controled AI with zeus?

Not yet.

What are you mean about "on the fly"?

Editing this so we can get the range we would like to have....

You should consider implementing a range feature. Would be awesome. :D

But from what we tested: I love this mod. The noise in the sounds remembers me a lot of old Battlestar Games.

Love it!

btw: We use it on a Life server. Great addition!