nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Ooops, "Download" button link updated

wow, this i call update. looking forward to the various improvements. thanks nkey!

Just a realism nitpick, the ASIP is HALF the size of the old SiNCGARS radio (with 90% of the size taken up for the battery itself) but I like the better capacity of the ruck though....

New update v0.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@task_force_radio.png

This is a big mistake. nkey said specifically that this is a beta version that is not backward compatible and is intended for testing before release. Now we have multiple servers that have some players that have updated version because of PwS and servers and other clients with the previous version. We have just spend 40 minutes updating clients and server because of this. Thanks for the quick support but next time please take the above into account... :)

This is a big mistake. nkey said specifically that this is a beta version that is not backward compatible and is intended for testing before release. Now we have multiple servers that have some players that have updated version because of PwS and servers and other clients with the previous version. We have just spend 40 minutes updating clients and server because of this. Thanks for the quick support but next time please take the above into account... :)

Or people could learn to read and click on "[change version]" to select a specific version of almost every mod on PWS.

Server issue with v0.9 sometime when multiplle players are switching radio :

Server rtp

Error in expression <e), format["%1_%2", _radio, _count]];

} count _radio_request;

missionNamespace s>

Error position: <count _radio_request;

missionNamespace s>

Error count: Type Number, expected Array

File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 76

After that, the radio were not switched anymore when player got radio (from initial class).

Or people could learn to read and click on "[change version]" to select a specific version of almost every mod on PWS.

People with profiles who don't follow the thread can't really be expected the check the thread of any mod that has a new version.

People with profiles who don't follow the thread can't really be expected the check the thread of any mod that has a new version.

But as soon as you notice, that a server has an older version of a mod running, you could revert your own installation of the mod to an older version. Just sayin'.

Hello,

Update looks great, thanks for that. Do you think you could make a "loudspeaker" item that would multiply the "Yelling" speech distance. that would be totally fun for our police or hostage rescue themed PvP missions!

Or is it possible to create one ourself using the API?

Thanks.

Server issue with v0.9 sometime when multiplle players are switching radio :

Server rtp

After that, the radio were not switched anymore when player got radio (from initial class).

Hm.. Are you sure everyone uses new version of TFAR? Looks like client request radios ids in old format....

Happy owners of i7 4770k - to avoid TS crash please use 32 version of TS (fix is coming (bug in Visual Studio))

The idea to change the settings via modules is nice and all... But not suitable either.

Please make all of those settings adjustable via userconfig and not via modules. If you want to play a mission that's not yours to edit or if you don't want to edit each and every mission you created, you'll have a bad time with TFAR.

Hm.. Are you sure everyone uses new version of TFAR? Looks like client request radios ids in old format....

I think so, it was working fine until a point. But Maybe somebody didn't, hard to tell. Could you have a typename check in case of ? because then it break the session for everybody (as the server side broke).

I like the new update! Although being not really familiar with how to use it and put all the settings together I'd like some kind of tutorial...? It was kind of a bummer to see people online tonight and not being able to explain why the radios didn't work... hehe..

Nice job though!

I think so, it was working fine until a point. But Maybe somebody didn't, hard to tell. Could you have a typename check in case of ? because then it break the session for everybody (as the server side broke).

New build is signed only with Nkey4 key. Remove old Nkey2 and Nkey3 keys (with enabled signatures) to make sure everyone uses this version. I also got such problem on my server - but it really looks like old version usage because of error semantic.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

What's the TS version compatibility now? Is 3.0.12 still supported?

Currently only 3.0.14 but I have plan add support for 3.0.13 and 3.0.12 for hotfix after a week.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Hello,

Update looks great, thanks for that. Do you think you could make a "loudspeaker" item that would multiply the "Yelling" speech distance. that would be totally fun for our police or hostage rescue themed PvP missions!

Or is it possible to create one ourself using the API?

Thanks.

It is possible to create via API now (but without additional sound effect)

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

The idea to change the settings via modules is nice and all... But not suitable either.

Please make all of those settings adjustable via userconfig and not via modules. If you want to play a mission that's not yours to edit or if you don't want to edit each and every mission you created, you'll have a bad time with TFAR.

Currently automatic backpacks is supported at userconfig level, I'll add support for rifleman radios in userconfig

Currently only 3.0.14 but I have plan add support for 3.0.13 and 3.0.12 for hotfix after a week.

That would be highly appreciated :D

I am not quite sure why there is this rifleman radio now that cannot change frequency. Often when we had a team down to one or two members we would join them with another team by switching their radio frequency, now that doesn't work anymore unless there is a way to override the radio frequency...

It is possible to copy the settings (I.E. frequency from one radio to another) via the ctrl + p menu, which was done specifically for this.

I am not quite sure why there is this rifleman radio now that cannot change frequency. Often when we had a team down to one or two members we would join them with another team by switching their radio frequency, now that doesn't work anymore unless there is a way to override the radio frequency...

Yes, L-H is right. Just give radio to another player, he program settings to it from and give you back. If it not for you - use flag or module to disable rifleman radios.

Currently automatic backpacks is supported at userconfig level, I'll add support for rifleman radios in userconfig

Greatly appreciated. But don't stop there. All the settings that are adjustable via modules or adjustable in general should be found in the userconfig. Not just those two. Everything.

Greatly appreciated. But don't stop there. All the settings that are adjustable via modules or adjustable in general should be found in the userconfig. Not just those two. Everything.

They all adjustable via API. It is easy to create small pbo addon with few script to setup everything how you want ;)