nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

If you take a ItemRadio or Radio (it is under items) it will automatically convert it to the correct radio for your side.

It seems to me that it doesn't work anymore that way. Anybody else's got same problem working with VAS?

Edited by maxsword

It seems to me that it doesn't work anymore that way. Anybody else's got same problem working with VAS?

I almost sure you also have problem with server side update (check few posts below). Have you checked your server RPT?

Anyway to stop the mods initializing message from screwing up any mission with intro text? I'm not a huge fan of unnecessary text ruining intros so I'm hoping for some changable value like "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;" to get rid of it...

EDIT: Just opened the pbo.. there unfortunately isn't...

Edited by MitchTWC

Been a long time out of this thread, nKey, how is the next update coming along? I really can't wait to see the update that will recognize the Teamspeak 'Delay releasing Push-to-Talk'.

Been a long time out of this thread, nKey, how is the next update coming along? I really can't wait to see the update that will recognize the Teamspeak 'Delay releasing Push-to-Talk'.

Hello.

New vesion is mostly ready (few issues + documentation left) but I am not sure I'll able to include Push-To-Talk delay in it :(

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Anyway to stop the mods initializing message from screwing up any mission with intro text? I'm not a huge fan of unnecessary text ruining intros so I'm hoping for some changable value like "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;" to get rid of it...

EDIT: Just opened the pbo.. there unfortunately isn't...

Hm... Maybe just remove this message....

Hey there, dunno if this has been asked before, right now I'm facing a problem together with LEA Loadout Editor. When the units are getting their loadout spawned, while being in a Helicopter, the Teamleader is dropping his backpack for a big radio, is there anyway to avoid it? I still want the small radios to be replaced though.

Hey there, dunno if this has been asked before, right now I'm facing a problem together with LEA Loadout Editor. When the units are getting their loadout spawned, while being in a Helicopter, the Teamleader is dropping his backpack for a big radio, is there anyway to avoid it? I still want the small radios to be replaced though.

In new version it will possible to disable automatic backpack for whole server in config.

In new version it will possible to disable automatic backpack for whole server in config.

Magnificent! We appreciate your hard and excellent work :yay:

We installed task force in our dedicated server a couple of days ago and i have to say we love it!

Just one detail i am not sure how to resolve it. I would like being Zeus simulating a "HQ Commander" answering CAS or artillery support calls. But being zeus i ear all players as normal teamspeak voice and i dont have clue if they are talking with local, short or long radio. And offcourse i cannot answer to the players with the nice radio sound effect.

Being zeus i tried to control a unit, get it in a vehicle and use the long disctance radio. I see a purple msg topright but people ear me as normal voice even without LR radio on them.

In add i would like to yell lovely words to my mates being an enemy IA controlled by zeus with direct local voice.

Any ideas how to role this way? Is it going to be a future update the integration with zeus?

Edited by Helice

Any chance for a fix of the map markers? Missions that their authors used dots in the briefing maps are still being replaced by large markers.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252722540

Will be fixed in 0.9.0

---------- Post added at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 ----------

We installed task force in our dedicated server a couple of days ago and i have to say we love it!

Just one detail i am not sure how to resolve it. I would like being Zeus simulating a "HQ Commander" answering CAS or artillery support calls. But being zeus i ear all players as normal teamspeak voice and i dont have clue if they are talking with local, short or long radio. And offcourse i cannot answer to the players with the nice radio sound effect.

Being zeus i tried to control a unit, get it in a vehicle and use the long disctance radio. I see a purple msg topright but people ear me as normal voice even without LR radio on them.

In add i would like to yell lovely words to my mates being an enemy IA controlled by zeus with direct local voice.

Any ideas how to role this way? Is it going to be a future update the integration with zeus?

Zeus integration planned for future.

Awesome!

One minor request for Zeus integration though, keep it as an option (toggleable key or config or something) to let Zeus still hear all the players like he does now, as a spectator. It's very important, to me at least, to be able to hear my players talking among themselves. Really helps me adjust things on the fly and react to their plans or whatnot ("lets go over by friendly base first, to get supplies", and then I scramble to put down some friendly units there, haha).

This way we could still hear all the players normally, but would just talk to them through a selected units radio, or even be able to talk in 'local' space when selecting another unit, like Helice suggests.

And thanks for all your hard work on TFR. Easily my most essential Coop mod. :D

I'm trying to get this to work on my NFO game server. I've added launch parameters, the @task_force_radio folder to the FTP, and placed the two bikeys in the Keys folder. However, when I try to start the server, it never comes up. Am I doing something wrong? I got the server mod CBA and other client side mods to work. I set this mod up just like I did with CBA. Do I need both bikeys in the Keys folder? I tried only having one in there and go the same error.

I'm trying to get this to work on my NFO game server. I've added launch parameters, the @task_force_radio folder to the FTP, and placed the two bikeys in the Keys folder. However, when I try to start the server, it never comes up. Am I doing something wrong? I got the server mod CBA and other client side mods to work. I set this mod up just like I did with CBA. Do I need both bikeys in the Keys folder? I tried only having one in there and go the same error.

Please send you server RPT logs.

Looks like this could be a problem

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp not found.

Do I put the userconfig folder in where I put @task_force_radio?

userconfig folder will go in the root of A3 install, there should already be a userconfig folder there.

Looking at the NFO game server folder, there is not a userconfig folder. Just config.

then try to create one

So it would be safe to just drag the TFR userconfig folder into the root A3 folder?

So it would be safe to just drag the TFR userconfig folder into the root A3 folder?

Yes, should be OK.

The userconfig folder shouldn't be required for a dedicated server, only for the client I thought?

The userconfig folder shouldn't be required for a dedicated server, only for the client I thought?

Not in case of TFAR :)

Happy to release public testing version of Task Force Arrowhead Radio 0.9.0!

It is not final version, need to be tested for some time before final release but should be enough stable to play.

Download - radio.task-force.ru/en

First of all want to say help to contributors. They have made huge part of the work. Some of them here, some of them in "Thanks" section here, some of them a forgotten by me :) Especial thanks to LordHeart, Kavinsky, JonBons, pastor399 and J0nes!

Warning: this version IS NOT compatible with previous. Also, some custom scripts SHOULD be updated because of new structure of radio settings array (if not - they will break radio).

It is required to update everything: addon, plugin, usercondig, plugin sound files.

Documentation (still in progress) may be found here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki

So, changelog:

New:

• Terrain interference of radio
  • New type of radio - rifleman radio (by default given to everyone except teamleaders)
  • AN/PRC-154 rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_anprc154, default for independent side)
  • RF-7800S-TR rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_rf7800str, default for west side)
  • PNR-1000A rifleman radio (2km) (classname: tf_rf7800str, default for opfor side)
  • New type of radio - airborne radio (40km): 1, 2, 3
  • Backpack model
  • Multiband support (receive/send on 2 channels per radio)
  • Inventory access animation when adjust radio dialog
  • No longer uses hint but a custom HUD (tfar_fnc_showHint)
  • Key to fast switch radios (default: Ctrl + [/] cycle SW, Ctrl + Alt+ [/] cycle LR)
  • Key to fast switch stereo mode (default: ctrl + up/left/right for SW, alt + up/left/right for LR)
  • Capacity of backpack radios increased
  • Items from original backpack are moved to new radio backpack if they can fit (on respawn)
  • Personal radios have a range of 5km (AN/PRC 152, Fadak, AN/PRC 148 Jem)
  • LR radios distance is 20km
  • Vehicle bound LR radios distance is 30km
  • Airborne bound LR radios distance is 40km
  • Menu to copy settings to another radio
  • Module to enforce TFAR usage, give teamleader's LR radios, give rifleman radios to team members, terrain interception coefficient, channel name (serious mode), channel password (serious mode), same SW frequencies for side, same LR frequencies for side
  • Module to set settings for sync'ed units' side; encryption Code, LR radio type (classname), SW radio type (classname), rifleman radio type (classname), SW Frequency (SQF array of strings), LR Frequency (SQF array of strings)
  • Module to set settings for sync'ed units; SW frequencies (SQF array of strings), LR frequencies (SQF array of strings)
  • All radios now have classes
  • Added default support for the following mods (HAFM ArmA 2 HMMWVs Import, HAFM ArmA 2 US Helicopter Import, HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled, HAFM UAZ Cars, C-130J Port Release)
  • New font for radios
  • Interference affects updated

Misc:

• Near players are muted in TS too
  • Changed plugin commands to use \t (tab) instead of @, allowing @ to be used in nicknames with no issues
  • Prefixed all functions with TFAR_
  • Prefixed all variables with TF_
  • No longer uses CBA's extended handlers for init, CBA is still required for key handling and some other stuff
  • Added new keys to in game briefing
  • Using BIS_fnc_areFriendly for encryption code checks
  • Support for version 20 of TS API
  • Increased player position update frequency
  • Voice volume is transferred to plugin as a number instead of string
  • Group settings are only used if radio is default side/faction radio
  • Send radio settings to plugin more frequently

API:

Fixed:

• Check for inheritence of V_RebreatherIA (to support diver device in other rebreathers)
  • Big HUD size support
  • Removed overriding of default dot marker
  • Size of anprc148jem's image adjusted down to same as other radio interfaces
  • Plugin no longer moves you back in cases of changing channel in TS (lightweight mode)
  • Clipping on mixing
  • TS plugin no longer overrides CLIENT_META_DATA, which causes issues with other plugins
  • Various optimisations of the mod, improving performance where possible
  • Volume in TS is 20% lower (I hope)
  • Updated links in English version of help

Not all stuff mentioned here.... 150 issues are closed :)

So, will happy to receive your bug reports (better on github) to fix them and prepare final build.

Thanks nkey! Looking forward to trying this out. A question - Does LR radio is still a backpack? Does it still replace the mission's default backpacks for team leaders?

Thanks nkey! Looking forward to trying this out. A question - Does LR radio is still a backpack? Does it still replace the mission's default backpacks for team leaders?

It is still backpack. But more space inside. Items from your backpack automatically moved to radio backpack. Automatic backpack may be disabled by flag\module for mission, or by server config for whole server.